Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

But that would make a mockery of the Fut Birthday promo where the weak foot and skill move upgrades were the main attraction.

EDIT: I see that TOTS Di Maria's WF has indeed been upgraded from 2 star to 3 star. Now are you happy? :D

Haha no still not good enough, tots should be the best possible version of a card in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Haha no still not good enough, tots should be the best possible version of a card in my opinion.

But the whole point of the Fut Birthday promo was to upgrade skill moves and weak foot on players. They can't just repeat that in another promo.

But the whole point of the Fut Birthday promo was to upgrade skill moves and weak foot on players. They can't just repeat that in another promo.

Ah yeah, I get what you’re saying. I just think when tots comes, it’s June now, fifa is almost over.

Why not give the best possible version of a card.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Ben Yedder is definitely the real deal. Poor fb Griezeman looks practically lethargic beside him.
    Better than Mbappe? Absolutely by a mile.
    If I had a lot choice between Neymar and Ben Yedder in my red picks right now I honestly couldn’t tell you which I’d pick.

Well I’d pick Neymar because I have the cash for Ben Yedder but if I was poor it would be an extremely difficult choice to make.

Ah yeah, I get what you’re saying. I just think when tots comes, it’s June now, fifa is almost over.

Why not give the best possible version of a card.

I was against this at the start but you’re right. Every card should get a wf upgrade for their tots.
    I love Griezemans tots card, he’s noticeably faster and more agile than his FB card but his weak foot lets it down.
    But it’s not a big deal for someone like me who never drags back etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Blazer wrote: »
    Ben Yedder is definitely the real deal. Poor fb Griezeman looks practically lethargic beside him.
    Better than Mbappe? Absolutely by a mile.
    If I had a lot choice between Neymar and Ben Yedder in my red picks right now I honestly couldn’t tell you which I’d pick.

Well I’d pick Neymar because I have the cash for Ben Yedder but if I was poor it would be an extremely difficult choice to make.

Don't worry, none of us will have that choice to worry about :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Blazer wrote: »
    Just bought him; hopefully he works great with Griezeman.

3640-D0-BB-5-D76-425-E-981-B-3-D0058-F58788.png

That is a serious looking team.

Hows everyone's team look at this stage of Fifa. Considering we're probably in the last week or two of Fifa now. I cant see myself hanging around too much longer for futties.
    No icon's to grind for. and unless i get lucky with Red picks in the next week or two I cant see myself getting any of the top tier player's or being able to improve my team too much.

Current-Team-Fifa.png

Subs.png

My current Team and Sub's

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

It's just weird to me which cards they did decide to give WF boosts too, it's seemingly not based on irl performances. Haaland and Traore both got boosted despite being incredibly one-footed.

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Don't worry, none of us will have that choice to worry about :pac::pac:

I’m hoping my good luck continues and I get red Neymar and Yedder :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

It's just weird to me which cards they did decide to give WF boosts too, it's seemingly not based on irl performances. Haaland and Traore both got boosted despite being incredibly one-footed.

Di Maria too.. he’s like Robben and refuses to use his right. I’m not complaining anyway, his 3* WF works lovely for me :D

Lenny17123 wrote: »

Hows everyone's team look at this stage of Fifa. Considering we're probably in the last week or two of Fifa now. I cant see myself hanging around too much longer.

This is me now, everyone starts on 10 chem

44509-B69-6-E07-48-B5-8078-2823-D1892-E43.jpg

I have 8.5 mil to spend (I grinded way too hard at trading)

Essien the obvious weakness at the stage, I could

A) replace essien with moments vieira and upgrade Neymar to tots version and play on 7 chem

B) sell Neymar and buy moments Eusebio or gullit for CAM and try tots aouor in place of Essien

C) buy prime R9. One of him, Ben yedder or mbappe would have to drop back to CAM which concerns me as I think all 3 would work best as a striker so I’d be sacrificing one for the sake of squeezing in all 3

Any thoughts? I can also sell vvd and use moments cannavaro instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

A) replace essien with moments vieira and upgrade Neymar to tots version and play on 7 chem

B) sell Neymar and buy moments Eusebio or gullit for CAM and try tots aouor in place of Essien

C) buy prime R9. One of him, Ben yedder or mbappe would have to drop back to CAM which concerns me as I think all 3 would work best as a striker so I’d be sacrificing one for the sake of squeezing in all 3

Definitely not C anyway. R9 is not worth the coins as people have said he feels slightly clunky this year.

I like option 2. Moments Eusebio at CAM would be a cheat code I reckon. TOTS Aouar is getting great reviews as well. I loved the dribbling on his storyline so I think his TOTS would feel really smooth on the ball.

Your team looks savage by the way!

I’d go with A. Neymar TOTS looks insane and along with that frontline, it’ll be pure joy I’d say.

Definitely not C anyway. R9 is not worth the coins as people have said he feels slightly clunky this year.

I like option 2. Moments Eusebio at CAM would be a cheat code I reckon. TOTS Aouar is getting great reviews as well. I loved the dribbling on his storyline so I think his TOTS would feel really smooth on the ball.

Your team looks savage by the way!
    I’d go with A. Neymar TOTS looks insane and along with that frontline, it’ll be pure joy I’d say.

Thanks lads, I’ll see how packs go over next couple of days and if I’m able to pack Neymar.

I’ve enough players for another 10/15 more ligue 1 upgrades.

I have a team for each of the big leagues, the amount of coins thrown into SBC players is ridiculous. I could've had an immense team if I didn't do this...

Prem team, had TOTS Aguero in it until yesterday, Kaka or DeBruyne usually play instead of Pogba...
    IMG-7533.jpg

IMG-7534.jpg

IMG-7535.jpg

IMG-7536.jpg

IMG-7537.jpg

In all those squads, I've only bought 4 of them off the market and two of them were in the last week (Ronaldo/Mbappe), all the rest were packed or a SBC.

Ah ****, your Ligue 1 squad just reminded me I need to compelte Gueye :pac: 3 days remaining, I don’t think that’s happening now lol.

Ah ****, your Ligue 1 squad just reminded me I need to compelte Gueye :pac: 3 days remaining, I don’t think that’s happening now lol.

He's so good for a free card!!

Man that team is crazy.

I've only a million to spend so I'd think the best I could do is upgrade rio to Fb van dijk.

I'd hate to get matched up against you. That front line will just walk through my team.

I'd leave van dijk as is. Would be a downgrade really and if you don't need the coins then is there a need liquidate.

Option B looks good to me too tho I haven't used Eusebio this year I loved his card last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Balde from Monaco is a good player to use for the Geuye objectives as he's a 4 star 4 star Senegalese ligue 1 midfielder so scoring and assisting with him gets progress towards a couple of them.

Hoping to get Josef Martinez in my red picks. His 86 potm sbc was my striker until I got 90 Werner.

The power creep in the past few weeks has been insane though. Carlos Vela is higher rated than all the outfield Liverpool players other than Mane,Salah and Van Dijk which is crazy.

There'll probably be a "super superstars" promo or something as soon as TOTS is finished as an excuse to put TOTS level Kantes and Pogbas out as well.

• Advertisement

Feck it, sold Neymar and got moments Eusebio. 9.6mil!!! By far the most I’ve spent on a player.
    (Watch that icon refresh come Friday now and he halves in price :D )

Upgrading Neymar to tots was very tempting as I got on well with him but used him over 600 times, wanted to go with a new player for how ever long is left :)

He's so good for a free card!!

He looks unreal. I’ve TOTS Di Maria too to link with him and Mbappe/Neymar in rewards on Thursday ;) I’ll give it a shot later/tomorrow morning and see how I get on.

He looks unreal. I’ve TOTS Di Maria too to link with him and Mbappe/Neymar in rewards on Thursday ;) I’ll give it a shot later/tomorrow morning and see how I get on.

As was mentioned above, get Balde to speed up the process.

Same I’d go with A as well.
    Vieira is awesome. I switch his mid in for petit.

Ligue 1 SBC player available early it seems!!

Brazillian Gabriel from Lille.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

The Liga MX pick is so bad, he's worse than a striker already available from that SBC!

nNwszbT.png

As was mentioned above, get Balde to speed up the process.

Ya for some reason have him still in my club since the start of the game when he was in my squad as a RF :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads, do ye reckon Ligue 1 rares will drop in prices at all while the SBC is up, or are they going to be stuck round the 4k mark for a bit?

I need three to do another player pick. I've spent some time doing other upgrades and have not (astonishingly) packed another french league rare from anything tonight. So tempted to just buy the three.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Actually, I'm getting tempted to just bury my last 700k into the thing and see how I get on.

I'm looking at what I can get for 700k, verses what I have currently in untradeables, and thinking the only way I'll drastically up the quality of my team is by hitting a jackpot with some packs, so.....

• Advertisement

You might as well :)

FB Griezeman is a bit lightweight so changed him out.
    Had forgotten Osihmen was Nigerian so he can sit with my Ndidi and I can bring back in prime Vieira.
    I read some people saying there was no differned between his mid and prime but that’s rubbish, huge difference I found.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement