Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

3 days to play 30 games and half the play time is interrupted by horrible gameplay thanks to the servers. Maybe if they didn't push everyone to play at the exact same time there wouldn't be these issues but what do I know.

Now I’m regretting pulling the trigger and joining WL for the first and only time this FIFA.

Still my experiment with the Portuguese holy trinity of CR7, Bruno and Nani largely went well last night so hoping I can get through the servers and at least register the minimum wins whatever that is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

3 days to play 30 games and half the play time is interrupted by horrible gameplay thanks to the servers. Maybe if they didn't push everyone to play at the exact same time there wouldn't be these issues but what do I know.

Yeah it's a bitch. Normally for WL I only have time for one long session. Today is that day so I'll have to get most of my games played this evening and finish it off tomorrow. Don't see why they can't stretch the window out for at least one more day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Decided to do one last Ligue 1 Premium SBC and like the rest I did wish I hadn’t bothered

welcome UCL 78 CAM Ikone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,440 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Boulders8 wrote: »
    Decided to do one last Ligue 1 Premium SBC and like the rest I did wish I hadn’t bothered

welcome UCL 78 CAM Ikone :(

urgh I've done about 30 more packs between gold, lique and lique premium and all complete rubbish. Its absolutely crazy how bad the weighting is. There should be no weights on reward cards...complete greediness by EA.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Blazer wrote: »
    **** this. I’m out for today as least. I might as well have Sol Campbell up front as Ben Yedder.

It was crazy today.

I struggled through my 10 matches as I hate having to try cram in 15 or so in one day and servers will be even worse tonight.

Finished 5-5, but as you say it was horrendous, where is the option to play Eusebio without wellies on him??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Yea I'm gonna have to try get 15 in today/tonight as I won't have a chance for a long session tomorrow or Sunday so best I can hope for is maybe 5 games each of those days. Played one game and the lag was atrocious, not sure I'll be able to make myself play this evening if it doesn't get better.

Did a few more upgrade packs today.
    None of the big boys but got 4 blues

Marquinhos (duplicate - had to discard but will recover him)
    The 89 keeper
    Savanier
    I think the 89 cb was the other

That’s every rare under 83 in my club gone, can’t be bothered rinsing non rares into the gold upgrades, the whole process is so tedious and not user friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

What is the story with OTW Jovic?

I bought a couple of him maybe December for 20k and put then into my transfer list at 220k to wait to see what to do with him.

Both sold overnight.

Prices for him all over the place. From 40k to 220k BIN 219 BID 220 BIN seems a particularly popular number.

Do you reckon some of those coin traders use him as a way of selling coins and maybe bought mine by mistake?

Something very odd there

Frisbee wrote: »
    Yea I'm gonna have to try get 15 in today/tonight as I won't have a chance for a long session tomorrow or Sunday so best I can hope for is maybe 5 games each of those days. Played one game and the lag was atrocious, not sure I'll be able to make myself play this evening if it doesn't get better.

I honestly don’t know if it’s worth your sanity/mental health.

It’s infuriating! Tbh, I don’t feel it effected my results too much as I’m generally around 1 win 1 loss ratio anyway (slightly better)

It was visibly effecting opponents too, but just so frustrating when you work an opening an then just can’t shoot and are blocked by a defender who was originally 5 yards behind you.

yeah definitely coin traders using them. A giveaway is a bin like that and a 3 day window etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,562 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Yeah the upgrade packs were a complete flop on my behalf, was keeping track of them since I started doing them yesterday.

66 gold upgrade packs - 2 x 84s, 4 x 85s, TOTS Andre, TOTS Rajkovic, TOTS Auer (91 Arg league). Not the worst from them I guess.

20 Ligue 1 premium upgrades - TOTS Andre (duplicate), TOTS Abdelhamid, nothing else over 83

6 Ligue 1 player picks - highest I got was an 84 Ruffier.

The weight must be extremely low on the latter two, club is gutted, went from 1500 players in my club down to 500.

While the first 4 are 4 from brutal, I’ll def be trying to avoid the next 4 in red picks/guaranteed sbc

https://twitter.com/fut20news/status/1268913331370328065?s=21

Hogey007 wrote: »
    I honestly don’t know if it’s worth your sanity/mental health.

It’s infuriating! Tbh, I don’t feel it effected my results too much as I’m generally around 1 win 1 loss ratio anyway (slightly better)

It was visibly effecting opponents too, but just so frustrating when you work an opening an then just can’t shoot and are blocked by a defender who was originally 5 yards behind you.

Yeah have played one game. Won 4-1 but my second goal was 100% because of the lag, he tried to slide tackle Mertens but by the time his player actually slid I was about 3 yards past him with the button delay. I just want to get to 11 so I have some disappointment to look forward to all week.

we'll all be rocking Henderson's next Thursday.
    I'd be happy with Trent..he could replace Wan Bissaka who isn't great to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Not sure why you all are getting poor connections, my games (on ps4) were just fine.

Maybe I was lucky.

2-3. Fridays are normally tough for me so not too bad.

I'm on xbox.

flashback Dries Merten oh sweet Jesus. 95 rated for his premium.

2 x 85 and 1 x 86/88 squad seems very reasonable.

Season rewards 91 Gabriel Jesus, Draxler or Matuidi.

Also totssf Jack Grealish in objectives.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

5-4 currently.

There's no balance to skill level any more. I'm either mauling teams 5-0 or getting mauled 5-0. I don't think I've had a single "close" game.

A lot of "park the bus" stuff back today too, but I'm finding it's nowhere near as effective any more; with Lala and AWB at full back, they can match the speed easily of the Adamas, James, Kents, etc, especially once you know EVERY ball is going to be a long through ball out to the wings....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

4-2 so far, connection seems fine, two games I lost I really shouldn’t have. That’s why I can’t get past G2.

Shocking content out today. I think they just killed the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

41 days to grind for obsolete story line cards. Oh boy.

• Advertisement

Lamposts wrote: »
    41 days to grind for obsolete story line cards. Oh boy.

Its a great warning sign as to what icon swaps will be like too.

Their utter refusal to give people a break, even in the final few weeks of the game, is utterly appalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

3-0 so far.All games won by the odd goal so ultra sweat already. Played one guy who used Kent as a left back and kept making overlapping runs.

Some weird choices in the Ultimate TOTS Team. 96 Oblak and 94 Sommer in goals over 97 Alisson and 96 Hummels in defense over 97 Varane.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

They don't even have the decency to give out a 100k pack for rewards you'll be receiving in fcuking July, best you're getting is a 50k.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Good luck to everyone on Thursday:

leVP0Ks.png

And note that they included these players in the "Ultimate" TOTS ahead of players like Varane, Aguero, Son, Werner, Martinez, Suarez, Ramos, Aubameyang, Nainggolan, Salah, Reus, and Griezmann because they can't stand the idea of everyone getting a couple good red cards, even in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,562 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Two questions.

Is there an icon swap happening for this season? Thought it would be announced today if so.

What happens to FUT Champs rewards after TOTS? Missed this WL as I didn't have enough points, will probably have enough to enter next weeks but no idea what the rewards will be.

Is there an icon swap happening for this season? Thought it would be announced today if so.

iirc, all Icon Swaps have been launched on the Monday after a new season starts.

They stated there’d only be 3 icon swaps, we got all 3.
    They have been known to make things up as they go along though and there was that “icon refresh” talk from leakers a couple of weeks ago.

They need something or this game is dying very fast.

Dumped a load of high rated untradeables into the Premium Mertens. Having been using his Hreadliner for ages so no brainer to upgrade to that.

3-2 currently. Servers have been fine since my first game. One I lost the guy literally pased between his CBs for the first 40 minutes. :rolleyes:

I need a CF -> CAM modifier card though and they are like gold dust. Been trying to snipe one and even getting to them at 59 mins 59 secs they are already expired. Anyone have any idea on how the hell I can get one as have been trying on both console and the mobile app and can't get close to one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Frisbee wrote: »
    Dumped a load of high rated untradeables into the Premium Mertens. Having been using his Hreadliner for ages so no brainer to upgrade to that.

3-2 currently. Servers have been fine since my first game. One I lost the guy literally pased between his CBs for the first 40 minutes. :rolleyes:

I need a CF -> CAM modifier card though and they are like gold dust. Been trying to snipe one and even getting to them at 59 mins 59 secs they are already expired. Anyone have any idea on how the hell I can get one as have been trying on both console and the mobile app and can't get close to one.

If there’s lightning rounds, prob a higher chance of them being listed.

Just started making my way through the 103 packs I’ve saved up before I start WL. Hope we’ll get a Neymar to help me out ;)

• Advertisement

Bloody servers are awful and really not suiting players like Ben Yedder and Griezmann.
    So I’ll be selling up and getting CR7 z...yet again :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement