Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Zero risk investment, Marquee Matchups are out in 45 minutes and Wales play tonight in a Euro Qualifier so they might be part of it, Wayne Hennessey can be gotten easily on bid for 600 and he quick sells for 600 so it's impossible to lose coins on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

Having a great run in rivals, I've been using IF Benedetto, who is a real hidden gem.
    On hunter chemistry he has:
    94 sprint speed
    90 acceleration
    90 finishing
    97 shot power
    91 volleys
    91 positioning
    82 heading
    80 strength
    91 jumping
    And 5* WF to top it all off.

Was tricky enough to shoehorn him into a decent team. 14 goals, 11 assists in 16 games so far.
    Took the advice of some previous posts to set jockeying to manual, and instruct one holding mid to drop between defenders and found that it made a big difference.

492739.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 14,852 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

These flashback sbc requirements really are a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Sold that Griezmann along with a few other things and couldn't resist :D

Let me know how you get on with him. I've really been enjoying him the past couple of days, only wish they bothered to give his model the afro like in the picture.

Hope to get Gerrard through the swaps and then start building coins for Rush. I'm going to stay away from Dalglish as I need to be playing squad battles until 2024 to get him :pac:

Took untradeables for rivals in light of the first owner patch notes and got the IF French cam who might be useful if there's a totw requirement.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

R00ster wrote: »
    Having a great run in rivals, I've been using IF Benedetto, who is a real hidden gem.

Ive come up against him twice today and he's demolished me both times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Lukaku otw sold there no bother for a 20k profit.

He might well score 3 or 4 but I’ve got profit banked.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Ive come up against him twice today and he's demolished me both times.

5* WF makes all the difference for me, huge benefit being able to rifle one in from either side without having to think about which side is stronger.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Lukaku otw sold there no bother for a 20k profit.

He might well score 3 or 4 but I’ve got profit banked.

He’s just scored there after 30 mins too :pac:

Edit: And an assist 2 mins later

He’s just scored there after 30 mins too :pac:

Edit: And an assist 2 mins later

He’ll need 2 more against that opposition!

Ah I learnt a long time ago to sell in the hype, you’ll get caught out every so often by a player going on to get an in form but when you balance out what you get from selling in the hype versus what you’d get from an occasional inform the hype wins :)

I’ve already made 100k this week from players that got no in forms and that’s with me on a relatively low budget at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Got regelgated to division 5 after about 7 straight losses over the course of this week/last havent really had time to play.

Watched a YouTube video on custom tactics and I'm now 3 for 3 enjoying a lot more possession, I seriously have to take the time to learn how to defend though I just couldn't be arsed :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

He’ll need 2 more against that opposition!

Ah I learnt a long time ago to sell in the hype, you’ll get caught out every so often by a player going on to get an in form but when you balance out what you get from selling in the hype versus what you’d get from an occasional inform the hype wins :)

I’ve already made 100k this week from players that got no in forms and that’s with me on a relatively low budget at the moment

Yeah tbf I’d run away with the 20k profit before the game anyway. I might try the same in the future! Belgium’s next game is vs Kazakhstan I believe.

Yeah tbf I’d run away with the 20k profit before the game anyway. I might try the same in the future! Belgium’s next game is vs Kazakhstan I believe.

Yeah he’s actually still at the same price I sold him for. (78k)
    He’s subbed now with 2 goals and an assist.
    That won’t be enough to get him an in form given the opposition was San Marino but yeah I’ll buy him back again for Kazakhstan match if he drops under 65k because with 2 goals and an assist already this gameweek, 1 or 2 goals in that should be enough for him.

Edit: just seen lewandowski got an away hat trick so that def puts him well ahead of lukaku for 1 of the striker slots.

Otw Felix up around 155k now on PS4

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Otw Felix up around 155k now on PS4

Hopefully he reaches 170k and I’m out :)

Hopefully he reaches 170k and I’m out :)

Yeah I was gonna keep a few of him but think I'll sell up, I'll hopefully take some profit and be happy with that.

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Yeah I was gonna keep a few of him but think I'll sell up, I'll hopefully take some profit and be happy with that.

With icon swap coming out at 6 tomorrow I hope to be out by then, I know people won’t get those icon players for weeks/months but we don’t know what the objectives are and if there’ll be sbc’s as part of the promo so too risky for me on a low budget carrying him into a promo

Got IF semedo from marquee matchups, nice, he looks absolutely class!

Not sure how I’d fit him in just now but I’ll hold and see what way team shapes up.

Getting close to 160 now, hopefully when I wake up in the morning he'll be at 200k :pac:

If anyone missed it the fut champs upgrade sbc was added today, not that it’ll effect me for a few weeks but nice to know we have it from the start this year, I wasted so many low reds last year before it came out.

An 81 rated team of reds with 20+ chem gets you a choice of 3 86+ players (same as last year)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Hogey007 wrote:
    An 81 rated team of reds with 20+ chem gets you a choice of 3 86+ players (same as last year)

It's at least 6 weeks away for most and even then that's assuming all your reds are complete trash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,964 ✭✭✭Liamalone

The game has been out a month, still can't be arsed 'getting in to it'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Switching to 352 and possession tactics has changed everything for me. From going at best 50/50 i've managed to go from div 4 to div 2. I expect it will even out but finding that having the tactic set to possession is leading to my players being in position if i lose the ball far more and basically removing counter attack from my opponents game plan. Logging off quite happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Neto from Barcelona is broken in game. The saves he makes whenever I play someone that have him are absolutely ridiculous. 3 of the last 4 lads I played had him and he just bats 3 bars of power shots out of the top corner like he's stretch armstrong. I must get him to see what he's like for me.

The runs you go on in this game make no sense. I couldn't lose for 3 days and now I can't buy a win to save my life lost 3, drew 1, despite having upgraded my worst two players for Telles and Allan who are both class. Opposition players just sponging through tackles and retaining possession all over the place and my lads miscontrolling a simple pass from 10 yards.

I heard a lot of people saying to use balanced defense, higher depth, but set all players to come back on defense/stay back while attacking. Must give that a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

I won 19 games (Gold 2) in last weekends weekend league. I lost a penalty shootout to get 20 wins (Good 1) in my last game. I play with a Serie A team so was hoping for either Dybala, Immobile or Gomez from red player picks. Didn’t get offered anyone of note so my two red picks were Hradecky and Grillitsch, no use to me whatsoever.

My team:

GK: Handanovic - Glove chemistry style
    RB: Florenzi - Shadow Chemistry Style - instructions stay back while attacking.
    CB: Chiellini - Shadow - No instructions
    CB: Koulibaly - Anchor - No instructions
    LB: Alex Sandro - Anchor - Stay back while attacking
    CDM: Matuidi - Shadow - Cut passing lanes and stay back while attacking
    CDM: Allan - Shadow - Cut passing lanes and stay back while attacking
    RM: Callejon - Engine - Stay forward, Stay wide and get in behind
    LM: Douglas Costa - Engine - Stay forward, Stay wide and get in behind
    CAM: Dybala - Catalyst - No instructions
    ST: Immobile - Hunter or Hawk - Target man and stay forward

Tactics:
    Defensive style - drop back, width 4, Depth 2
    Offensive style - Long Ball, width 7, players in the box 4, corners 1 as corners are a waste of time and you could be hit on the counter if you put too many players in the box, Free kicks 2.

On the 60 minute mark I bring on mertens, Insigne and Gomez for pace, the amount of goals they’ve got me in the last 20 mins or extra time is ridiculous.

Hope this helps someone! Post up what teams you’re using this weekend. Came up against some outrageous teams last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

You should actually just use basic on Handanovic. It adds way more to his stats than glove does. Check out the difference on futbin. Basic puts refleces and positioning at 99 anyway with diving at 98 and handling at 95. The other chems are really only worthwhile on lower rated keepers.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    You should actually just use basic on Handanovic. It adds way more to his stats than glove does. Check out the difference on futbin. Basic puts refleces and positioning at 99 anyway with diving at 98 and handling at 95. The other chems are really only worthwhile on lower rated keepers.

Thanks, Handanovic hasn’t been great for me so I’ll try that out. Just thought the glove chem would give his handling stats a boost because he punches crosses/corners he should catch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

GavK wrote:
    Thanks, Handanovic hasn’t been great for me so I’ll try that out. Just thought the glove chem would give his handling stats a boost because he punches crosses/corners he should catch.

They all do this. Keepers are broken once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭oleard1987

If anyone missed it the fut champs upgrade sbc was added today, not that it’ll effect me for a few weeks but nice to know we have it from the start this year, I wasted so many low reds last year before it came out.

Stupid question but have no idea what i am doing :pac:I get 3/4 of the requirements done for this ,The only one i cant get is exactly 11 player :fut champions .

How do i fulfil this

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

oleard1987 wrote: »
    Stupid question but have no idea what i am doing :pac:I get 3/4 of the requirements done for this ,The only one i cant get is exactly 11 player :fut champions .

How do i fulfil this

You need red cards for this earned in fut champions rewards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭oleard1987

wonski wrote: »
    You need red cards for this earned in fut champions rewards.

So these are the cards rewarded when you play in the fut championship ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement