Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,690 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

"Okay, time for Ultimate TOTS, best of the best, let's see, which one should we include, hmmmmm......"

gd0BCcs.png

God it's just so fcuking bad

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Good luck to everyone on Thursday:

leVP0Ks.png

And note that they included these players in the "Ultimate" TOTS ahead of players like Varane, Aguero, Son, Werner, Martinez, Suarez, Ramos, Aubameyang, Nainggolan, Salah, Reus, and Griezmann because they can't stand the idea of everyone getting a couple good red cards, even in June.
    I mean, I wouldn’t be too unhappy with a couple of them.
    Frisbee wrote: »
    Dumped a load of high rated untradeables into the Premium Mertens. Having been using his Hreadliner for ages so no brainer to upgrade to that.

3-2 currently. Servers have been fine since my first game. One I lost the guy literally pased between his CBs for the first 40 minutes. :rolleyes:

I need a CF -> CAM modifier card though and they are like gold dust. Been trying to snipe one and even getting to them at 59 mins 59 secs they are already expired. Anyone have any idea on how the hell I can get one as have been trying on both console and the mobile app and can't get close to one.

Try on the web app.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

"Okay, time for Ultimate TOTS, best of the best, let's see, which one should we include, hmmmmm......"

gd0BCcs.png

God it's just so fcuking bad

Can’t believe Immobile is only 93k.
    Every goddamn time he always scored against me last year and I used to dread seeing him.
    I met a guy with his tots card last weekend and he absolutely destroyed me with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

I have an Ultimate Pack to open - might as well crack it open and pray I don’t pack anything I already have, not that I’m expecting anything other than an 83 goalie!

Wish me luck

*needed more than luck - too pull.......

84 Azpilecueta UCL Rare!

Kinda passed me by but there isn't even a Prime Icon Pack SBC to replace the Mid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Just noticed they didn’t bother adding a second objective player this Friday, usually there’s a higher rated one for rivals only, and an 89 rated (golovin etc) that’s fairly easy and can be done in squad battles or rivals.

Kinda passed me by but there isn't even a Prime Icon Pack SBC to replace the Mid.

I wouldn’t have expected that today. They have their ultimate tots to sell out packs today and tomorrow, if we’re getting a prime icon I’d expect it mon to weds, have people using up their high rated and Spending all their coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

From 103 packs:

Icardi
    Firmino
    Casemiro
    TOTS Oblak
    Varane
    TOTS Sommer
    Rodri
    Kroos
    TOTS Rangel (90)
    Suarez
    Fabinho
    Lacazette
    Saul
    Thiago Silva
    James Rodriguez
    Vardy

Only took note of 85+ cards. Overall not too bad.. knew I was gonna pack some cards that should’ve been in TOTS eg Suarez and Varane but oh well, can’t complain. Lots of fodder for some SBC.

For the first time I can’t actually see myself getting fifa 21 unless icon sbc’s are back.
    Up until now I was like “I’ll probably get suckered back in” (and maybe I still will, but hopefully not)

The game has took a very very greedy route in the short time since I first started playing fifa 18.

Everything is about fifa points (or an unhealthy amount of trading)
    Before there was a mixture, fifa points unquestionably helped you but you could still play, do league sbc’s, objectives, keep high rated rewards for great cards in potm sbc’s or icons.

Just look at everything they’ve done in last couple of years.
    - removed icon sbc’s, replaced with icon swaps which as osmosis pointed out, only 1 of the top 50 icons by market value was obtainable through icon swaps.
    - made potm sbc’s independent of each other for same player, before if you completed salah, and salah won a second potm you could use the first to offset the cost, now you’re stuck having to do both.
    - Removed futswaps - a relatively fun monthly objective which had for the most part decent players or icon packs
    - completely nerfed league sbc’s, remember your 93 kdb?? Here’s an 84 foyth instead.
    - also seriously nerfed the packs from these, most are garbage packs bar juve, Munich etc that are 35k packs
    - more and more packs from daily sbc’s being untradeable, I can see them going more this route in fifa 21
    - sbc’s as a whole have been largely disappointing for me, bar a couple like boateng, militao, Ramos I think all have been lacking something or severely overpriced (Messi etc), it got to the point where I held high cards so long I just fired them into moura sbc.
    - so many sbc cards this year later got a better card in packs or through another sbc, futmas mendy, fb luiz, refresh cyprien.

I’m sure there’s loads more I forget too but for me the cycle was always about have “the ultimate team” by June/July, they removed that this year, I grinded trading way too hard so was able to buy moments Eusebio for 9.6 million the other day, but that in itself was insane, we should be able to do him with sbc’s for 5mil.
    99.9% of players will never get to use a moments Eusebio etc, it’s not the “ultimate team”.
    Without the end goal, why bother with all the grinding?

And that’s before you even talk about the gameplay and button delay all year!

Sorry for essay but there might not be anymore in the fifa 21 thread :D

Edit - also the guaranteed tots sbc’s used to be a reward for sticking with the game throughout the year- an 83 squad and you could do each of the major leagues twice, now you’re putting in 200k worth of players and might end up with a 30k player.

I'm almost definitely not getting 21, didn't get 19 either and before that didn't get 15 or 16, cba with this every year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Here here... It takes up too much time too. Have a rake of games I havent touched because of fifa from wasting time grinding to get some objective player or icon swap tokens. It's a serious time drain.

I'm looking forward to trying a few different games going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Great Post Hogey. Feeling a bit the same right now, was tempted to get PES just to see how it compares as I haven't played it in years.

They are incredibly greedy and it's all about money for them. The fact that even now in June the rewards are so bad just shows how afraid they are of their customers getting good (untradable) players.

Part of me would like to see them go completely untradable and scrap coins altogether but hard to know what effect that would have.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

5-2 atm. A Kent hat trick off the bench killed my winning streak :( Ben Yedder feels unreal up top though, love using him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Opened my 40 saved packs.

Got a loan 86 American gk from my twitch prime pack, with an 82 from the player pick.

Got the 86 gk again from one of my random untradeable packs.

Had 12 Mega Packs and the best from them was 84 UCL Lautaro.

Final pack was the ultimate pack from the Rivals milestone and out walks 96 Vela. He looks good but his 3 star weak foot means he'll be fodder.

Just need the Flashback Firmino sbc now :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Having an absolute mare of a weekend 4-8 so far, really frustrating as I usually get Gold 2.

Weirdly none of the games have been really close either, I either get pummelled or end up pummelling my opponent.

Mbappe only lasted 12 games and it’s straight back to KDB, the guy is probably my favourite player this year no mater what version it is.

7-1, Nani up top is a monster, after having McGeady there in a weakened team last week I've learned how to utilise 5* Skills and how important they are up front.

Giggsy_ wrote: »
    Having an absolute mare of a weekend 4-8 so far, really frustrating as I usually get Gold 2.

Weirdly none of the games have been really close either, I either get pummelled or end up pummelling my opponent.

Mbappe only lasted 12 games and it’s straight back to KDB, the guy is probably my favourite player this year no mater what version it is.

That’s where I’m going. 442 is just not working for me for WL so it’s back to 4231 and Ben Yedder is not cutting it as a lone striker.
    So baby Eusebio and I’m thinking either 98/99 De Bruyne as the main CAM.

But yeah: I’m definitely down with Fifa in the next few weeks. Missus was going buying an Xbox for the son but I’m giving him mine instead and just calling it a day.
    I know I said it last year but this is the year now.
    Fifa20’s been an awful Game with limited enjoyment and to hell with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,567 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Got to 3-2 yesterday afternoon. Then played again last night and ended up 6-14. Would usually have turned off halfway through that but knew I had to get as many games as possible in last night.

CAn't even blame scripting, was only one game where I got done by it. Just coming up against insanely good players. At one point I'd lost 5 in a row so my matchmaking score should have been (-4). Played a guy with TOTS Messi, TOTS CR7 & Eusebio up front. Prob the best player I have ever played as well, he was 4-0 up after 12 minutes. No way his matchmaking should have put him against me he was insane. Then next game I play a guy who had four, FOUR Bundesliga TOTS Red cards which means he was at least Elite 3 that week. How the hell do I get matched against that having lost 6 games in a row?!

Honestly can't even bring myself to turn the PS4 on this morning.

On the bright side I got my CF>CAM after 2+ hours of trying :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Part of me would like to see them go completely untradable and scrap coins altogether but hard to know what effect that would have.

I bounce back and forth about if I'd like that or not.

You'd still get people buying packs en masse, but I worry without coins, it makes it harder to get the players you actually want, whether its because they are players you like, or players you need to fill gaps in squads for chemistry reasons. It would make league SBCs, or time limited SBCs, insanely tedious if you weren't opening a LOT of packs.

By and large, I've only been buying cards off the market cause I have coins. It's been months though since I needed to spend coins to do an SBC, more cause most haven't really been massively appealing. Outside of Haland, my entire team and bench are untradeables, because we've had a crazy amount of them thrown at us.

But to scrap coins, you'd need to make certain players easier to get. Ask yourself if thats something EA have shown themselves be willing to do in the last year. The World Cup modes used to be fun cause it was 100% possible to pack Messi, Ronaldo, etc. But I don't believe they will work that into the main game at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

The killer about Fifa 21 is it'll be the first one on the next gen of consoles and is already confirmed to be using the unreal engine instead of Frostbite , so there will definitely be a sense of maybe just maybe , possible change.
    But yeah ,The Last of Us 2 next weekend and I think that's the end of the Fifa road now, it's too addictive (purposefully) and too time consuming as a result.

• Advertisement

That’s interesting they’re switching to the unreal engine and actually great news as it’s a proven 3rd person platform.

So sold Ben Yedder and went with a front line of Aguero (RAM) Eusebio (CAM) and Salah (RAM) and Son up front. All tots cards obviously.
    Son is a beast and on a par with Ben Yedder for a fifth of the cost.
    As for baby Eusebio you can see a huge diffence between his baby and mid and why the baby costs a mil more.

The killer about Fifa 21 is it'll be the first one on the next gen of consoles and is already confirmed to be using the unreal engine instead of Frostbite , so there will definitely be a sense of maybe just maybe , possible change. But yeah ,The Last of Us 2 next weekend and I think that's the end of the Fifa road now, it's too addictive (purposefully) and too time consuming as a result.

It's just the fear of falling behind too if you don't keep up with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Lenny17123 wrote: »
    It's just the fear of falling behind too if you don't keep up with it.

Hmmm in what sense do mean? as in your FUT team or ability to play the game?
    I'm a pretty average player , always have been, and I don't strive to become an elite or Div1 player, I don't practice to learn skills, I prefer to find better results through tactics etc and I think I could leave Fifa for years and go back to being roughly the same level player straight away.

It's been so easy to spot and become aware of the mechanics they use to make people basically addicts and that's become worrisome to me personally, I really hope something proper comes from the loot box court cases and changes are enforced but I have my doubts.

The killer about Fifa 21 is it'll be the first one on the next gen of consoles and is already confirmed to be using the unreal engine instead of Frostbite , so there will definitely be a sense of maybe just maybe , possible change.
    But yeah ,The Last of Us 2 next weekend and I think that's the end of the Fifa road now, it's too addictive (purposefully) and too time consuming as a result.

I think the next gen of consoles makes me less likely to play fifa 21, because when I play fifa, I only play fifa, I still have read dead 2 barely played.

I’ll want to experience other games on the ps5 which I probably won’t get to with fifa 21.

And like you, looking forward to last of us 2, with that and the premier league returning I’m going to be very much on a fifa wind down.

Oh, and servers felt worse for me today than yesterday.

I’m doing some rival games just to test out players etc and I’m getting absolutely hammered 8,9,12 nil etc from players who are clearly div 1/2 who have relegated themselves all the way to div7 just for a ****in Jack Grealish.
    Utter joke.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Blazer wrote: »
    I’m doing some rival games just to test out players etc and I’m getting absolutely hammered 8,9,12 nil etc from players who are clearly div 1/2 who have relegated themselves all the way to div7 just for a ****in Jack Grealish.
    Utter joke.

See, this is why when ye say about the engine, I don't really find it appealing or not.

The issue often isn't the gameplay for me. Don't get me wrong, it can be an issue.

But the bigger issues are the design choices by EA. The money grabbing pack weights, the removal of Icon SBCs, and their ignoring the massive issues like self-relegators.

That's been an issue for the game's whole life, and could have been fixed easily enough by pushing the objectives away from rivals and into friendlies, etc. Its the developers and their decision making that I despise about the game....

Hmmm in what sense do mean? as in your FUT team or ability to play the game?

I guess mainly your team, be it if you miss an sbc player (Kent) or some objective player that is op.

This has been a strange fifa for me. Not sure how everyone else feels about it. Last year I felt I was getting better all the way through the year.
    This year I feel like I've just stayed the same level throughout.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Blazer wrote: »
    So sold Ben Yedder and went with a front line of Aguero (RAM) Eusebio (CAM) and Salah (RAM) and Son up front. All tots cards obviously.
    Son is a beast and on a par with Ben Yedder for a fifth of the cost.
    As for baby Eusebio you can see a huge diffence between his baby and mid and why the baby costs a mil more.

I'm saving for the baby one, I know I'll be able to afford him on Monday when the WL is finished I could sell up and get him also I have 3.4million in the bank and around 4000 players in my club.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    See, this is why when ye say about the engine, I don't really find it appealing or not.

The issue often isn't the gameplay for me. Don't get me wrong, it can be an issue.

But the bigger issues are the design choices by EA. The money grabbing pack weights, the removal of Icon SBCs, and their ignoring the massive issues like self-relegators.

That's been an issue for the game's whole life, and could have been fixed easily enough by pushing the objectives away from rivals and into friendlies, etc. Its the developers and their decision making that I despise about the game....

Oh absolutely. I can live with the engine as bad as it can be but EA themselves deserve to rot in hell for what they’re doing.
    We’re worse though. We know what they’re like and we still buy their bloody game.
    Konami should really get their crap together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I remember the big deal when they switched to frostbite, now this. Yet if you play it every year like us you can't really say its much different, mind blowing game tbh. It's the ultimate aspect of the game I enjoy and winning the games.

Players are the biggest problem. Every single game I had yesterday I had to watch replays, constant pausing etc... I can understand some people might have to do it because someone knocked on the door or something, but not every single one. That's what puts me off especially when I want to play 30 games.

Feels good when I beat them, though :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement