Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Blazer wrote: »
    Oh absolutely. I can live with the engine as bad as it can be but EA themselves deserve to rot in hell for what they’re doing.
    We’re worse though. We know what they’re like and we still buy their bloody game.
    Konami should really get their crap together.

From being in the PES community for a couple weeks, the general consensus there is that Konami are exactly the same... even worse too, sometimes. Have a look at their subreddit r/WePES and you’ll see the hardcore players there giving out :pac:

It’ll be a long time coming before EA are knocked off their throne.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Moments Danny Ings out.
    Nice stats...1 x85, 1x88

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Moments Danny Ings out.
    Nice stats...1 x85, 1x88

88 is a bit much even 86 would have been high

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

WL done and dusted. There was noticeable lag last night but nothing too bad to be fair. I should have got Gold2. I had five games go to extra-time and only won one, which really cost me - there were two games in particular where I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. No complaints overall though.

Started off with 3-5-2 but switched back to 4-4-2 and played much better. Watched a video from an elite player last week and that helped, the key being to be patient and keep your finger off the sprint button. Using the lb button is crucial too.

Screenshot-2020-06-06-at-18-00-12.png

TOTSSF Mbappe is pure class. Switched him to a CAM for a few games while in the 3-5-2 and he did well, but he causes too much damage up front so he has to be kept there. Played Hakimi as a CDM and he did very well, likewise Gattuso at CB.
    I started Trezeguet purely for his link to Mbappe but ended up subbing him for Moreno early doors, it's actually funny how much he's regressed.
    Shout out to Pirlo as well. Played him on loan for 7 games and he was excellent. He's definitely my type of player. Listed at 400k, wouldn't mind picking him up soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Anyone ever get a decent player out of the 1 rare player pack for the daily objectives?

I’d say I’ve opened it at least 100 times, got Laporte once, other than that, all rubbish. never got a special card, just curious if it’s even possible to get a special from it?

• Advertisement

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Anyone ever get a decent player out of the 1 rare player pack for the daily objectives?

I’d say I’ve opened it at least 100 times, got Laporte once, other than that, all rubbish. never got a special card, just curious if it’s even possible to get a special from it?

I got Marquinhos for my very first pack and that was it out of about 150 packs. Even looking at the YouTube streamers all of them were absolute rubbish and very few tots cards packed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

I’ve been keeping a list of all my packs opened for a while now and from those 1 rare player packs the best I’ve gotten is 82 McGuire twice

Now this squad better win games or I’m done with it.

C23-BA3-CF-8732-401-A-837-B-0-A8251-F6-EC53.png

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Was bored as **** and having a bit of fun... Relegated meself to div 10, and not jus that, but to zero skill. 0 :). Auto picked a team of Polish players for 41212 formation and ended up with 6 silvers and 5 bronze players. Some rare.

Went into the first game against 87+ rated squad and after going 3 up the guy pauses (rage quit I thought) and I got disconnected just after that.

I don't mind as it just to show how broken this game is sometimes.

Will post video in minutes... Some game it was :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

wonski wrote: »
    Was bored as **** and having a bit of fun... Relegated meself to div 10, and not jus that, but to zero skill. 0 :). Auto picked a team of Polish players for 41212 formation and ended up with 6 silvers and 5 bronze players. Some rare.

Went into the first game against 87+ rated squad and after going 3 up the guy pauses (rage quit I thought) and I got disconnected just after that.

Oddly enough the same thing happened me. 2-1 up. Guy pauses and I get kicked off the servers. My mate was saying there's a no loss glitch that kicks you off the servers and voids the game. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

8-4 tonight.. conceding some dodgy goals where my defender makes a clean tackle and it bounces to his player on the other side. Love it.

It’s completely obvious that the ranking system is utterly broken. I’m coming up against guys who are Utterly miles better than me even after losing my few games. There’s no way in hell I should be getting matched with opponents like that.
    I’m about 99% close to quick selling my club and deleting the entire game.
    If tomorrow is the same **** I’m out for good.
    So if anyone on Xbox fancies a few million coins for free we’ll sort something out.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

11-4 in games at the half way point. 97 Werner banging them in for me. I’ll play the rest tomorrow.

Absolutely detest WL and regretting entering it now! Lag is horrific, just got disconnected from a game when I was about to take the lead - no win! Match making is terrible - coming up against teams with red picks all over the place

I just played fut champions with it just for fun. For the second game thrown Hulk, Teixeira and Lala and made it to the extra time.

Finally some fun.

I just played fut champions with it just for fun. For the second game thrown Hulk, Teixeira and Lala and made it to the extra time.

Finally some fun.

Lol I say he was even more pissed off than I was today :)

Lol I say he was even more pissed off than I was today :)

We are talking div10 0 skill players.

That's where I am now.

Want a win in fut champions badly :)

Had a weird disconnect just there. Game stopped responding like there was delay and then get the d/c message quickly followed by my game is under review. Didn’t count as a WL match but counted in my player records.. was that the no loss glitch ?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,085 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Finally some fun.

Was there any need for the shushing?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,689 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

14-2, the push for Elite is on

• Advertisement

Was there any need for the shushing?

Purely accidental. Back in game within 2-3s as I don't celebrate at all.

Some take it personally. I don't. As long as it lasts relatively short amount of time.

As I said before 99% of games I have to watch celebrations + replays etc

I am way over this. I just pressed a button and it happens to be that one. Thumbs up is worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,689 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Okay 15-3 now, 1-0 loss thanks to this penalty..

GW11wQM.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

5-5, same as every other weekend, no change in clientele. Same as it ever was.

I don't think I've ever lost more than three in a row in the WL. Seems crazy to hear folk losing nine hundred on the trout.

14-2, the push for Elite is on

Fingers crossed.
    I want to see someone get good red picks on here.

Liamalone wrote: »
    5-5, same as every other weekend, no change in clientele. Same as it ever was.

I don't think I've ever lost more than three in a row in the WL. Seems crazy to hear folk losing nine hundred on the trout.

I found it desperate this weekend and then I discovered why.
    My whole tactics /instructions had all reset themselves during the week.
    I should have copped it sooner as my LB/RB was constantly up the field and out of position and getting caught out.
    Also I forgot I was playing a lot of rivals yesterday as I’m working also :) so I haven’t played as many WL matches as I thought. I’m 7-6 or something like that.

Actually 6-8.
    My worst weekend ever so far.

So frustrated with the gameplay, lags and being completely overmatched that I ended up rage quitting/ giving games away last night. Got things together for a couple of wins by the end of the be night but going to be lucky to make 6 wins.

My first and only foray into WL this year has been a totally depressing experience as I feared it would be. Even when I got a match where the latency was showing as good as soon as the game started the lag was terrible.

Probably should have quit playing a good while earlier than i actually did.

Boulders8 wrote: »
    So frustrated with the gameplay, lags and being completely overmatched that I ended up rage quitting/ giving games away last night. Got things together for a couple of wins by the end of the be night but going to be lucky to make 6 wins.

My first and only foray into WL this year has been a totally depressing experience as I feared it would be. Even when I got a match where the latency was showing as good as soon as the game started the lag was terrible.

Probably should have quit playing a good while earlier than i actually did.

It’s just one of those weekends where everyone is playing as for most it will be their final weekend and a chance at a Neymar/ Ben Yedder etc.
    Next week it’s all tots leagues I think for gold 3 and below.

I’m down to my last 3.6 million.
    I’ve gone from 10.3 mill in the past 2 weeks to 3.6 solely from EA taxes and constantly changing my team if I’m not happy with it.
    I’m bloody terrible lol.

It’s just one of those weekends where everyone is playing as for most it will be their final weekend and a chance at a Neymar/ Ben Yedder etc.
    Next week it’s all tots leagues I think for gold 3 and below.

I’m down to my last 3.6 million.
    I’ve gone from 10.3 mill in the past 2 weeks to 3.6 solely from EA taxes and constantly changing my team if I’m not happy with it.
    I’m bloody terrible lol.

I’m bloody terrible and poor! Down to my last 160k, lol. I won’t be back for another WL. Rivals was only slightly better gameplay wise last night. I would have played some Squad Battles just to have a game without lagging or being totally overmatched but quite literally there is nothing to grind for in that mode.

I only improved when I realised I had a bunch of icon loan cards I could use - Pirlo, Maldini, Best and Zanetti to support TOTSFF CR7 was a big help

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Boulders8 wrote: »
    I only improved when I realised I had a bunch of icon loan cards I could use - Pirlo, Maldini, Best and Zanetti to support TOTSFF CR7 was a big help

....omg, I should probably use those loan cards.

Been hoarding them for months. may as well burn a few.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    ....omg, I should probably use those loan cards.

Been hoarding them for months. may as well burn a few.

Yes - I had Best and Keane on 20 game loans plus Zanetti, Pirlo, Maldini, Del Pierro, Socrates, Henry, Zidane, Gerrard, Kaka, Maradona, Stoichkov, Butregueno, Figo, Kaka and Riquelme.

I might have improved sooner if I had realised it quicker, lol - helped with the chemistry for TOTSSF Ronaldo as he got me 7 goals in 2 games - about the only good thing from last night

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement