Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

14-14

Not great but will take it for the weekend that’s in it.
    Was 9-12 so glad to go 5-2 then today.

Don’t usually blame lag/delay for results as mostly the same for both players but def felt it cost me 3 wins yesterday.

Anyway, gave away the last 2 games as free wins, might make 2 people’s day a little bit easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Yeah, played two more games late last night to bring me to 13-9. Just need one more win today and that’s it for me.

Came up against a fella that had 10 men from the 25th min onwards and I swear it felt like his squad got a +20 in everything. Lost that game 1-0 in the 82nd min and your man even sent me a msg afterwards apologising for the EA ****e :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Getting better today.
    I’ve brought back in Son, Aguero, Richarlison, Henderson , FB Van Dijk and Trent and team is working better.
    I should just quick sell everyone else before I start dicking around again.
    I will miss Petit as he scored some lovely goals for me in 442 during the week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Gone from 11-8 to 11-13.

Its like I hit 11 wins, and my players just....change. No one can make a pass, no one will make runs, full backs become rocks that won't track runs.

Every week, I hit 11, get optamistic I can get to 17 and then it falls apart and I end up trying to struggle to 14. No players change it, no tactics change it. Super frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Blazer wrote: »
    Getting better today.
    I’ve brought back in Son, Aguero, Richarlison, Henderson , FB Van Dijk and Trent and team is working better.

When you say brought back in were they already in the club or did you lose more coins to EA tax.

• Advertisement

Getting better today.

And all sold again.
    I had brought on Silva in place of Salah and We missed the little guy so much that I sold everyone again and going to being CR7 and out the 3 Portuguese lads up top and throw all my cards ther cards into Mertens card as well.

cintec wrote: »
    When you say brought back in were they already in the club or did you lose more coins to EA tax.

More tax :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,689 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

From 14-2 to 18-5, need to win 5 from 7 to get Elite now.

The last loss hurt, this kind of shít just doesn't happen in games 1-10. 99 Pace Davies clearly slowing down to let 80 Pace Nainggolan beat him to the ball:

CFw8eQV.gif

Gonna play the rest this evening. Probably my last full WL so might as well still go for it, I say it nearly every weekend but it's a sign of a bad game when you can win 18 and lose 5, and feel more frustration over the 5 losses than joy about the 18 wins.

Seems we’re getting a modric sbc (why wouldn’t we when we already got a modric sbc) along with a “deluxe” player.

I keep expecting a bruno fernandes sbc so this is probably the last chance to give him a tots

https://twitter.com/denis_fut_trade/status/1269600753099984896?s=21

Would love a Bruno SBC. Every card I’ve tried of his has been awesome.

Finished 14-14, as per usual.

I might give a United team a whirl next week, even if it means dropping Haland and Griezmann for a bit. With the TOTS promo over, I can try a “fun” team.

• Advertisement

Can't see it being Bruno as 2 of the 3 the Objectives/SBCs during Ultimate TOTSSF have already been Prem.

Regardless of where I finish I'm gonna uninstall once my games for the weekend are done, I'll come back if I get something good from rewards or the guaranteed pack but aside from that I might be done for the year.

Hogey007 wrote: »

In fairness time wasting at the 91st isn’t toxic at all. If you’re not keep in the ball in the 45th and 90th minute then you’re only asking to lose :)

In fairness time wasting at the 91st isn’t toxic at all. If you’re not keep in the ball in the 45th and 90th minute then you’re only asking to lose :)

No time wasting isn’t toxic in last minute, but the poster of the clip said it was against a toxic guy.

I presume he meant throughout the game he had been toxic, if he was just referring to that incident then I misread it. I don’t count that as one but toxic either.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

19-11. This games a load of ****ing ****e.

Premium Modric up now, "celebrating his inclusion in FUT 18 TOTS".

Only issue is....

https://i.redd.it/nz80h86kti351.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Premium Modric up now, "celebrating his inclusion in FUT 18 TOTS".

Only issue is....

https://i.redd.it/nz80h86kti351.png

Add it to the list of EA fcuk ups!! Still the card looks ridiculous and i cheap too!!

15-11 for my final WL. Thought I’d go for 17 but my last game just there had 20 shots on target in extra time vs his 3 shots on target. I won 3-2 but thought **** that, not doing that stress all over again. His TOTS Mandada was everywhere in the goal :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

14-10, just have no enthusiasm to try and get to 17. I'll have to rely on some luck for the red picks. Ah well, no chance of that lol.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

16-13 going into the last game, threw that loan PIM Ronaldinho in the squad!! 2-0 in 7 minutes, he quit after 20 minutes when 4-0 down, 2 goals and an assist from the bossman Dinho!!

WLResults06-05.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Got the 17 wins but was a real up and down weekend wrt to the gameplay as per.

What do people reckon will happen to TOTS prices now? Could a few of them tank even further now content will be reduced and presumably weekend league players with it? One or two moderately priced ones I’m considering that are down 100k in the last week and wondering will they tank further.

Oh just fcuk off

evrXjXh.gif

22-8, lost on penalties.

fcuking knew I'd get all the way to the final game before losing. Was to this lad too, full drop back ball rolls and drag backs every second touch. You'd think pulling Red Messi would encourage him to play a bit but nah, needs a good rank so he can get a Red Ronaldo to not ever take a shot with too.

YmEJDCX.png

Anyway that's me done barring one of the best from the guaranteed packs on Thursday. (or maybe if there's an Irish player in the ROTW TOTS)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

My experiment of playing 11 random bronze/silver players didn't work out in the end, too. Won one game, drawn 2 losing in extra time, lost 2 by one goal, but the rest I could feel the difference... Still some ridiculous saves and tackles with tots players with pace 99 being taken to the cleaners by 60 pace defenders.

Still had to watch many replays, these guys should have focused on destroying me rather than trying to annoy me. I am not that good lol.

They should be ashamed of themselves tbh. Wasting time, when all they had to do was to score and put me where I belonged :)

Done for the year, only friendlies left.

Was good fun, though.

PIM prices are just crashing big time now.
    I can get Shev and Lineker for about 280k.
    I’m thinking Overmars and Figo on the wings with Lineker and Shev up front.
    Gerrard + Lampard in midfield.
    Might as well enjoy the next 3-4 weeks and have some fun.
    Might bring in Keane for Litamen and Shev for Shearer but might as try give it a shot.

I’m hoping we get a prime or PIM icon sbc and I can throw all my old players into it.

31-A764-AE-7277-4-E75-B1-B2-9-C8-A7-FA0-C182.png

I swear my TOTS Ter Stegen is broken... went from being the best GK in the game last week to making a total of 2 saves in 2 games and conceding 13 goals.. 3 or 4 were my own **** defending but the others were awful pea rollers that he was helpless with.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

PIM prices are just crashing big time now.
    I can get Shev and Lineker for about 280k.
    I’m thinking Overmars and Figo on the wings with Lineker and Shev up front.
    Gerrard + Lampard in midfield.
    Might as well enjoy the next 3-4 weeks and have some fun.
    Might bring in Keane for Litamen and Shev for Shearer but might as try give it a shot.

I’m hoping we get a prime or PIM icon sbc and I can throw all my old players into it.

Just don’t buy Prime Henry. Pulled him from the icon swaps pack and Christ he’s poor. I don’t know if it’s just that I’m used to the smoothness of TOTS players now or what but he’s just so clunky and there’s none of the finesse you’d associate with the real life player to the card.
    I swear my TOTS Ter Stegen is broken... went from being the best GK in the game last week to making a total of 2 saves in 2 games and conceding 13 goals.. 3 or 4 were my own **** defending but the others were awful pea rollers that he was helpless with.

I use Oblak myself and find him good if it’s La Liga links you need.

TOTS Allison is a monster though I found though when I played him this weekend. Only keeper that could stop TOTS Benzema.

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    I use Oblak myself and find him good if it’s La Liga links you need.

TOTS Allison is a monster though I found though when I played him this weekend. Only keeper that could stop TOTS Benzema.

Yeah, I was thinking of using him alright. Packed him there on Friday so willing to give him a shot. Ter Stegen has served me well though... must be close to or over 1000 games with him across all his cards I’ve used.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,085 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I got Gold 2 in my last game which is my usual rank.

But f**king hell that was some grind. I found it took a lot more effort this weekend to create chances and score.

Hoping I get a really big player in my red picks as a reward for all I’ve put into the game this year (About 1,600 games).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement