Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hoping I get a really big player in my red picks as a reward for all I’ve put into the game this year (About 1,600 games).

All aboard the Sommer train, choo choo!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,440 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Just don’t buy Prime Henry. Pulled him from the icon swaps pack and Christ he’s poor. I don’t know if it’s just that I’m used to the smoothness of TOTS players now or what but he’s just so clunky and there’s none of the finesse you’d associate with the real life player to the card.

I agree and his moments is closer to him but I used his prime and it got me from div7 to 130 points off div 4. He was brilliant at creating goals for other players though. Mahrez was cleaning up big time.

Anyway I ...er..lol sold them all again and just going 442 with my existing squad and bought back Petit as he scores some cracking long range goals.
    Still 2 mill in my account and god knows who I’d spend it on.
    Need some massive sbc to blow it on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I got Gold 2 in my last game which is my usual rank.

But f**king hell that was some grind. I found it took a lot more effort this weekend to create chances and score.

Hoping I get a really big player in my red picks as a reward for all I’ve put into the game this year (About 1,600 games).

The only player I have on the ultimate tots is Oblak, think I've packed him about 6 times this year.

I've played close to 4000 games this year, you can take a guess at who I'm going to pack in the guaranteed pack and my rewards....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Hmm wonder will we see Kent in rest of world tots??

Doesn’t deserve to be based on performances but when has that mattered.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Hmm wonder will we see Kent in rest of world tots??

Doesn’t deserve to be based on performances but when has that mattered.

I reckon they’ll save him for Futties.

• Advertisement

They don’t even bother to tweet the teams anymore but here you are osmosis, another Irish player for your team

https://twitter.com/futdonk/status/1270038812509470722?s=21

Upgrade packs are horrendous! An 83 squad for 2 83+

Kinda glad in a way they didn’t add anything to entice me not to log straight back out.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Upgrade packs are horrendous! An 83 squad for 2 83+

Kinda glad in a way they didn’t add anything to entice me not to log straight back out.

Sheer utter contempt for their customers is what those SBCs scream to me.

Blazer wrote: »
    Sheer utter contempt for their customers is what those SBCs scream to me.

100%. But they don’t really care about the likes of me, you etc and what we think when they’re lightning rounds sold out in 3 mins I believe on both consoles.

20 ROTW TOTS players clearly shows EA are doing their best to screw everyone in their red picks on Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Got to 13-6 yesterday and was sick of it so just forfeited games where I went 1 down until I got the last win for gold 3.

97 Ben Yedder is great but I had a chip shot go wide from just outside the box when he had no players around him and wasn't sprinting. I went into the replay after the game and the arrow was literally dead center in the middle of the goal, so that sums up everything wrong with the game.

I'll open my rewards and do the guaranteed ultimate sbc but I'd say that's it for me then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

THANK YOU EA!!!

Decided to throw 50k at the rare player pack and got two, yes TWO TOTSSF players. Both some randomers I have never heard of of course, think one of them plays in the Siberian U21 league. But he is 91 rated!!

What a pity I didn't get two TOTSSF players when there was any even remotely decent league available. If I was a tinfoil wearing, 5G fearing type, I'd probably think EA planned it like that.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

Just when you think you're done, they draw you back in. Easily one of my best ever pack pulls.

From the 82+ Double Upgrade by the way.

ad986dd13bcedab52a2acdcd8e2facef.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Just when you think you're done, they draw you back in. Easily one of my best ever pack pulls.

From the 82+ Double Upgrade by the way.

ad986dd13bcedab52a2acdcd8e2facef.png

I got an 82 from that... and an 83 from the other :pac: congrats man, an absolute rock that I never get past when I play against him.

I got an 82 from that... and an 83 from the other :pac: congrats man, an absolute rock that I never get past when I play against him.

Cheers. I'll pair him up next to TOTS Ramos and see how I get on. Surely I won't concede as many goals now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

That Jack Byrne card is so disappointing, compared to the upgrades for other minor leagues these ROTW cards are atrocious

KInLKSw.png

That Jack Byrne card is so disappointing, compared to the upgrades for other minor leagues these ROTW cards are atrocious

KInLKSw.png

Done one 83+ and got Byrne in it lol

Pjanic was also in it, so not the worst picks to get.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I actually think they like getting people ultra disappointed.

They couldn't, for one week as the game nears the end of its cycle, just say "you know what, everyone can get an ultra card or two.".

Whats the harm at this point? Why can't they let people have a higher chance of getting a Ronaldo or a Messi, or even a bloody Benzema, as a reward for playing all year?

Nope, they have to make sure that in the same week the absolute best cards are available, they flood the chances with red picks of not just cards which are near impossible to link, but are also objectively worse than their other TOTSSF brothers.

They are genuinely terrified you'd get an epic tier card. Even just one.

Which baffles me, cause a high of using those cards for a few weeks would keep me motivated going into next year.

I'm looking at the team I have now, compared to the team I had last year, and I'm thinking that if they are going to make it harder and harder to achieve a top tier team, there's no point sticking around....

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I actually think they like getting people ultra disappointed.

They couldn't, for one week as the game nears the end of its cycle, just say "you know what, everyone can get an ultra card or two.".

Whats the harm at this point? Why can't they let people have a higher chance of getting a Ronaldo or a Messi, or even a bloody Benzema, as a reward for playing all year?

Nope, they have to make sure that in the same week the absolute best cards are available, they flood the chances with red picks of not just cards which are near impossible to link, but are also objectively worse than their other TOTSSF brothers.

They are genuinely terrified you'd get an epic tier card. Even just one.

Which baffles me, cause a high of using those cards for a few weeks would keep me motivated going into next year.

I'm looking at the team I have now, compared to the team I had last year, and I'm thinking that if they are going to make it harder and harder to achieve a top tier team, there's no point sticking around....

Same here.
    It’s absolutely ridiculous that EA actually do this in games like Madden etc but it’s a big fcuk off to FIFA players.
    I’m waiting for my red picks now on Thursday which I’m expecting to be crap then I’ll be quick selling all my players and deleting the club for ever and I’m finished.
    I’ll have 3mill to give to people on Xbox so whoever’s on Xbox in here can have it.
    Not sure I’l do the whole 3 mill or 3x1million??
    I think we had a guy on here who had just installed UT so could give him the lot ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Same here.
    It’s absolutely ridiculous that EA actually do this in games like Madden etc but it’s a big fcuk off to FIFA players.
    I’m waiting for my red picks now on Thursday which I’m expecting to be crap then I’ll be quick selling all my players and deleting the club for ever and I’m finished.
    I’ll have 3mill to give to people on Xbox so whoever’s on Xbox in here can have it.
    Not sure I’l do the whole 3 mill or 3x1million??
    I think we had a guy on here who had just installed UT so could give him the lot ?

Let me know if you want to give me a million, I won't say no :D.

I definitely wouldn't delete the club. Who knows. you might come back to it.

Do you carry anything over to your club for next year? Any loyalty packs or anything like that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Instead of a guaranteed Ultimate TOTSSF pack the code is showing a pack that can contain any TOTS from the top 5 leagues :rolleyes:

8aa26e37b162026843fa374a66523c23.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Instead of a guaranteed Ultimate TOTSSF pack the code is showing a pack that can contain any TOTS from the top 5 leagues :rolleyes:

That would be the cherry on top of a year of greedy behavior by EA :rolleyes:

Can't even release an sbc when the game is dead because a few people might not get 94 Sommer

Lets hope it's like their FUT bday party bag packs! If not, it's a new low for them not to give people a guaranteed ultimate TOTS pack!

Let me know if you want to give me a million, I won't say no :D.

I definitely wouldn't delete the club. Who knows. you might come back to it.

Do you carry anything over to your club for next year? Any loyalty packs or anything like that?

Will do. You can have it all maybe this Friday :)

8aa26e37b162026843fa374a66523c23.png

I’d guess that this might be a repeatable one to get people rinsing through their higher rated cards before whatever they have planned for after tots comes on Friday.

I think we’ll still get the guaranteed ultimate tots sbc but it’s ea, so you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Will do. You can have it all maybe this Friday :)

I'll take 999k off your hands no bother lol

Liamalone wrote: »
    I'll take 999k off your hands no bother lol

I’ll split it between ye. 2.72million.
    Better pray I don’t get Neymar or someone. Although it doesn’t really matter at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

I’ll split it between ye. 2.72million.
    Better pray I don’t get Neymar or someone. Although it doesn’t really matter at this stage.

I vote for a 3 way split. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

How do you give your coins away? I’m not on xbox so can’t participate in the Blazer giveaway but just curious about how you do it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Boulders8 wrote: »
    How do you give your coins away? I’m not on xbox so can’t participate in the Blazer giveaway but just curious about how you do it

Few diff ways to do it now - you can buy cards and list for a minimum price and get the other player to snipe or you can get the other player to list a card for max and bid on it, let the timer run out then.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement