Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Did one prime Icon SBC. Put in Moments Sane and Silva (use neither, and have TOTS cards in both positions), Storyline Aouor (have his TOTS), Mid Lehman and SBC White. A few "big" players but literally no one I don't have much better of in their positions now.

Got Shearer.

I will not be doing another....

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Hogey007 wrote: »
    This is fifa.

Got the 87 mendy easy as I already had the futmas one so didn’t need the 5 wins to start the objective.

Lucky enough to have fut birthday mbappe & tots Ben yedder so got the 2 long range goal with French player in first 2 matches with 87 mendy.
    Also got 2 crosses.

So all I need now is 9 more matches with 87 mendy and 1 more crossed assist with him.

Come up against a guy with 89 mendy, he’s very clearly a div 1,2 player. Battering me, he keeps trying to get his goal and assist with mendy, goes 2 up quickly but no goal or assist from mendy (who he’s playing as a striker)

So I go, right, he’s going to beat me anyway, might aswell help him out and maybe he’ll return the favour but no worries if he doesn’t, it’ll still count for me as game played with 87 mendy.

Kick the ball back to my keeper twice, let him get goal and assist with mendy, all good.

I go to attack down his flank with mendy for a cross, he stops me. That’s fine, he has no obligation to help me.

He’s 6-0 up by half time, I’ve made another couple of failed attempts to get mendy into a crossing position.

Then from 55 mins onwards he proceeds to just pass the ball around the back, run to corners etc.

He’s 6-0 up like, I could’ve easily quit at 2 nil and he’d have completed zero of the objectives.
    I didn’t ask him for any favors but to actively spend 35 mins passing the ball around to prevent me from getting any chances to cross is very pathetic but unfortunately doesn’t even surprise me.

I think when lads see they're being helped out and don't have to do much work to get their objective done it actually has the opposite effect and they turn into absolute nobs which is such a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

I think when lads see they're being helped out and don't have to do much work to get their objective done it actually has the opposite effect and they turn into absolute nobs which is such a shame.

Yeah it’s a strange one, it actually took him so much more effort to try retain possession for 35 mins than to just play the game properly.

Looking at the "Skilled footing" and "Ferland Force" objectives, I think it's time to buy Ben Yeddar for the first time. The list of French players with 4/5 is so short. Dembele fits too. Mbappe, Zidane, Pogba.

I've been acting as if I have to do it with first owner cards though so maybe this gives me an excuse to try out some cards :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Rinsed the club and did 6 of em

ttZ0ucY.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Jesus, seen there this morning there was an 86 for 11k - libertadores card with ****e links, so didn’t think too much of it. He’s now 27k :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,439 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Jesus, seen there this morning there was an 86 for 11k - libertadores card with ****e links, so didn’t think too much of it. He’s now 27k :pac:

I bought an Immobile tots card for 75k earlier and he’s now going for 125k.
    Obviously sold him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Went ahead and bought 88 Seedorf. Looks to be a good all-rounder. Everyone seems to say that his base card is better than his prime.

Played two games tonight. The first game, the guy wasn't even moving his players - he was just shielding the ball. Went 4-0 up after 20 mins and he was still at. I just quit, didn't have time for that messing. You'd wonder what some people are at.

Blazer wrote: »
    I bought an Immobile tots card for 75k earlier and he’s now going for 125k.
    Obviously sold him :)

Loads of fodder shot up massively... Sickened I didn’t pick up many of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Hi all,

Is there any particular reason why Lewandowski has shot up so much in price today?

I bought him for around 35,000 a few days ago but see that he’s selling for 70,000 now.

If he’ll drop back down soon I’d sell and buy back but is that likely to happen or should I just hold him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

BrentMused wrote: »
    Hi all,

Is there any particular reason why Lewandowski has shot up so much in price today?

I bought him for around 35,000 a few days ago but see that he’s selling for 70,000 now.

If he’ll drop back down soon I’d sell and buy back but is that likely to happen or should I just hold him?

Yeah, they released a prime icon squad building challenge at 6pm today which requires an 88 rated squad so it’s raised the prices of everything really. I did two of them, got Lineker and ballack.

A few of you have done it already - what’s the general consensus on the prime icon SBCs? Only ones that’ll get into my squad anyway are the top tier ones or a good CAM.

Also managed to play 1 game there this evening, came up against a fella with TOTS Neymar, KDB, Aguero, Mahrez, TOTY Kante, De Ligt, De Jong etc and thought, well this is another loss. Actually ended up beating him 2-0 and he quit in the 80th min :pac: have the FUTMAS Mendy now, so the rest should hopefully fall into place.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

4/10 assists towards 93 Mendy. People are going out of their way to man mark Mendy (I'm playing him as CAM), it can be very frustrating at times!!

Also David is unreal!! He's the perfect super sub!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Just realised I've got 11 Icons now :pac:

qHbO89U.png

Went down about 150 skill points in rivals yday and was back in div 5. Somehow made it up to div 4 again... time to go back down to div 5. Score with Yedder/Richarlison and throw on the rubber band :pac:

working today so rattling off the required Mendy requirements using the rubber band trick.
    I'm now at zero skill rating and div10 lol. A few matches I got disconnected on for some reason and so lost more points.
    Only 4 more matches required for his 89 card and the rest of it should be easy peasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

working today so rattling off the required Mendy requirements using the rubber band trick.
    I'm now at zero skill rating and div10 lol. A few matches I got disconnected on for some reason and so lost more points.
    Only 4 more matches required for his 89 card and the rest of it should be easy peasy.

You’ll get disconnected if you score 3 own goals.
    Whenever I use the rubber band it’s always in a way that when I’m defending to the right, my player often runs straight back to goal on kick off.

So I still have to keep a little eye on it for that half.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    You’ll get disconnected if you score 3 own goals.
    Whenever I use the rubber band it’s always in a way that when I’m defending to the right, my player often runs straight back to goal on kick off.

So I still have to keep a little eye on it for that half.

yeah I have mine running side to side. But it could be that. I did see them scoring an own goal yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I just set the controller tilted on a book or something so that a thumbstick is then resting at a desired angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Did 2 of the Prime Icon SBC's

Got Zola and Raul so could have been worse.

• Advertisement

Did 2 of the Prime Icon SBC's

Got Zola and Raul so could have been worse.

definitely a w.
    I've seen the drop rates for a lot more and they're amonst the best I've seen.
    I'd love to do it but can't afford to waste coins on it , not at the drop weight level.

Let us know what kind of opponents you come up against. Be interesting at 0 rating.

Let us know what kind of opponents you come up against. Be interesting at 0 rating.

I'm seeing a lot of guys with 89 Mendy :) but from looking at them they don't seem too good. Reckon I'll get that 93 easily... unless I just jinxed myself now lol.

I'm seeing a lot of guys with 89 Mendy :) but from looking at them they don't seem too good. Reckon I'll get that 93 easily... unless I just jinxed myself now lol.

Yeah, I think you’ve just jinxed it :D I’ve got 7 games left for 87 Mendy, so not too bad.

Right, I'm selling up and getting CR7s TOTS card! It's low enough to be able to afford if I sell all my fodder....

The firesale is in full effect..

Shocked at some of the players insta selling for full price.

I added it up and for about 20 players I'm selling I should make well over 1 million :D

I'll have some change for the Kent SBC if they all sell!!

I’ve faced two people this morning with significantly better squads who spent every celebration hushing, dabbing etc.

Can’t help but laugh. I’m at the stage where I just need to finish games so they aren’t really stopping me doing much. It’s hilarious how people will just make such a show of themselves in an attempt to wind you up.

And I’ve said this before...it always, always amplifies up a few levels when people see you’re trying to do objectives. Even when they have Mendy or are doing objectives too. I don’t get half the “abuse” running my (significantly better) main team, even when losing.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I did a prime icon sbc last night and got Zanetti. I did it on the web app so wasn't trolled into thinking it was Maradona so I take that as a massive W.

Prime SBC completed against my better instincts, pulling TotS Ronaldo from the free Ultimate upgrade pack used all my luck I'd imagine.

Nakata 88 lol. His prime is an 88? Ah well, didn't expect much really. Any point in trying him? I have Flashback Modric and Red TotS Carzola occupying the CAM position. I wouldn't think so lol.

• Advertisement

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Right, I'm selling up and getting CR7s TOTS card! It's low enough to be able to afford if I sell all my fodder....

I think he has 62 goals and 32 assists in about 55 games for me, he's deadly. That said, I don't particularly look for him ingame and you wouldn't notice him at times but he just keeps on doing it. I've never had a striker with a goal ratio over 0.85 goals per game. Great stamina too.

He's alright like lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement