Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Liamalone wrote: »
    I think he has 62 goals and 32 assists in about 55 games for me, he's deadly. That said, I don't particularly look for him ingame and you wouldn't notice him at times but he just keeps on doing it. I've never had a striker with a goal ratio over 0.85 goals per game. Great stamina too.

He's alright like lol

Ronaldo is bloody deadly - 147 goals in 132 matches for me. He’s strong as an ox and virtually every shot is on target and invariably ends up in the back of the net.

He’s by far the best player I’ve ever packed in any FIFA. Haven’t packed much after him - think the EA gods realised their mistake and punishing me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Boulders8 wrote: »
    Ronaldo is bloody deadly - 147 goals in 132 matches for me. He’s strong as an ox and virtually every shot is on target and invariably ends up in the back of the net.

He’s by far the best player I’ve ever packed in any FIFA. Haven’t packed much after him - think the EA gods realised their mistake and punishing me :)

I couldn’t get used to him at all. Of course that was before I learnt how to dragback.
    Now I’m one of those dickheads that dragbacks from kickoff lol.
    Sorry I didn’t learn it sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Blazer wrote: »
    I couldn’t get used to him at all. Of course that was before I learnt how to dragback.
    Now I’m one of those dickheads that dragbacks from kickoff lol.
    Sorry I didn’t learn it sooner.

Tut tut, shame on you lol

(how do you drag back? :) )

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I started using his gold card again and fell in love with him all over again...

This is now my Utd past and present team for the WL.

Any upgrades or changes you can suggest apart from the obvious Wan Bissaka upgrade??

Utd-Pastnad-Present.jpg

Liamalone wrote: »
    Tut tut, shame on you lol

(how do you drag back? :) )

on xbox hold RB and left stick back and direction you want to go.

Take a few attempts before you get used to it and it becomes second nature :D

• Advertisement

on xbox hold RB and left stick back and direction you want to go.

Take a few attempts before you get used to it and it becomes second nature :D

I’ve never bothered with skills other than the odd heel to heel. Looked up how to do a drag back on PS4 so will give it a go tonight.

With Ronaldo, I’ve found you don’t need to do any skills - just give him the ball and he takes care of everything else.

I did watch some of the defending video someone posted up the link to the other day. I only watched half as was supposed to be working but I tried to implement some of what I saw and found that my defending improved greatly when I just wasn’t running around like a headless chicken and pulling my defenders out of position and showing a little patience which I’m not usually known for.

It didn’t make me unbeatable but most games I played in were close and competitive. Think the first two games I tried it I went up against a 92 and a 93 rated squad which was considerably better than what I was using as I was trying to complete the Raphina objective with a mismatch of players - got a 2-2 draw from the first game and then only lost 2-3 in the next one after a lapse of concentration late on.

Not sure I’ve got the patience to play that way all the time though. Most of the time I just want to pile forward and holes at the back are bigger than the Grand Canyon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42,085 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Mr Moon wrote: »

Any upgrades or changes you can suggest apart from the obvious Wan Bissaka upgrade??

Utd-Pastnad-Present.jpg

TOTS Di Maria for the bench?

It's a pity there isn't a Denis Irwin or Patrice Evra card!

Tevez has a 95 TOTSSF card as well so maybe bring him on and move Ronaldo to right wing.

Valencia also has a 91 card at RB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Utd-Pastnad-Present.jpg

How could you leave out Veron :D

It's a pity there isn't a Denis Irwin or Patrice Evra card!

One can dream :D

Tevez has a 95 TOTSSF card as well so maybe bring him on and move Ronaldo to right wing.

Valencia also has a 91 card at RB

I'd love to be able to fit Valencia in but he just doesn't fit in with the chemistry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Larsson would actually be a decent shout!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Any recommendations for a Bundesliga/German CAM for around 70,000 coins please guys?

I like the look of the Havertz birthday card. 5* weak foot and he’s dropped right down to that sort of price range now. With an engine chemistry he looks the business on paper.

Or should I go for/continue to save for someone else?

BrentMused wrote: »
    Any recommendations for a Bundesliga/German CAM for around 70,000 coins please guys?

I like the look of the Havertz birthday card. 5* weak foot and he’s dropped right down to that sort of price range now. With an engine chemistry he looks the business on paper.

Or should I go for/continue to save for someone else?

Havertz is your only man!

One can dream :D

I'd love to be able to fit Valencia in but he just doesn't fit in with the chemistry.

What about TOTSSF Pique - would either give a Spanish link to De Gea or get better chemistry with Schmiecal or VDS in goal, admittedly messes up chem elsewhere though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Sold all of my fodder that I had on trade piled for ages just before TOTS ended... just my luck they’ve all tripled in price :pac:

Objective Kessie out.
    He'd work out nicely in my Serie A team. That Perisic sbc looks damn tasty though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

What are the rewards this weekend? Haven’t decided if I’m playing yet or not

Objective Kessie out.
    He'd work out nicely in my Serie A team. That Perisic sbc looks damn tasty though.

Definitely doing Kessie - been looking at trying to get a decent CM option but not enough coins to buy anyone or complete the Allan SBCs - would fit perfectly in my Serie A team too

Definitely doing Kessie - been looking at trying to get a decent CM option but not enough coins to buy anyone or complete the Allan SBCs - would fit perfectly in my Serie A team too

I'd love him for a change but unfortunately EA are forcing me to go French/Brazilian hybrid team again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    What are the rewards this weekend? Haven’t decided if I’m playing yet or not

Players from a few different promos. TOTS are available, but so are scream, winter refresh, etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Players from a few different promos. TOTS are available, but so are scream, winter refresh, etc...

Ah so special cards that aren’t even viable anymore :/ .......

Came up against a fella in rivals with the 89 Mendy, so he was doing the win objectives. Paused it straight from the off and sent me a msg asking me to let him win.. had a full Real Madrid + Essien and Mertens, best players in every position... more than capable of beating me. I said no and told him to play on, so he calls me toxic :pac:

Man that 89 Mendy card is great fun to use.
    Makes a great CAM.

I’m down here in Div 10 and I’m feeling really guilty about my opponents.
    It’s obvious they’re absolutely awful at Fifa. Funny thing is they all read the fifa 101 book and first lesson was dragbacks.
    Then they skipped the rest of the book on passing tackling, defending and shooting :)
    Every single one of them can dragback amazingly, miles better than me. But that’s it.
    Only 2 challenges left for Mendy and they’re simple to do. Can’t wait to try out that 93 card.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Only need 4 more wins with a mendy assist for the 93 version.
    Found it much easier than I was expecting (watch me take an eternity now for the last 4)

I think having the futmas mendy helped so much because it got me ahead of the crowd, I’m mostly playing people now with 85 or 87 mendy who don’t really care if they win.
    Once everyone starts reaching the 89 mendy and needs the win, the sweatiness starts!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

I got the 93 mendy this morning and used him in 10 WL games today. He’s definitely worth the grind.

Man that 89 Mendy card is great fun to use.
    Makes a great CAM.

I’m down here in Div 10 and I’m feeling really guilty about my opponents.
    It’s obvious they’re absolutely awful at Fifa. Funny thing is they all read the fifa 101 book and first lesson was dragbacks.
    Then they skipped the rest of the book on passing tackling, defending and shooting :)
    Every single one of them can dragback amazingly, miles better than me. But that’s it.
    Only 2 challenges left for Mendy and they’re simple to do. Can’t wait to try out that 93 card.

Keeping that in mind for when I get to him... might have to drop down to division 10 :pac: what are the rivals rewards like?

Did the prime one and got Petit.
    I’d normally call that a win. Guess I won’t be using SS Luiz now.

Keeping that in mind for when I get to him... might have to drop down to division 10 :pac: what are the rivals rewards like?

Well as long as you get back down by next Thursday you’ll be fine. Rival rewards are based on the division you’re in starting a new week :)

2nd ever icon packed... that’s 2 this year! Mid Scholes back in December.. safe to say that this one is better. Lovely 1m in the bank :)

90-C26-EFF-4-A0-A-4-FB7-8-D89-ECD06749-F977.jpg

• Advertisement

Just 3 games left to win for 93 Mendy.
    I honestly wish I could play all 3 versions of his summer heat card.
    His 87 as LB, his 89 at RAM and his 93 at CAM.
    I’m even playing fb Lemar at LB and using
    Mendy up front at LAM.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement