Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

A Base Icon SBC pack has been added to the code apparently, assumptions are that you'll be able to spend Icon Swap Tokens you on a random Base Icon pack instead of one of the Swap players if you don't want them.

And apparently 24 icon swap player tokens are added.
    Doesn’t necessarily mean there will be only 24 objectives though, each player could have multiple segments to it like we seen with ndombele but I doubt it, I reckon it’ll be the 24 with maybe some sbc’s as part of it like we used to see with futswap.
    Except these will be costlier.

Anyway, sure in an hour we’ll know what we’re up against.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The list of Icons they showed seemed to be a mix of baby, mid and primes (though the primes were the likes of Rui Costa; lower level ones).

I'd imagine it will be varying costs for the icons. Like, a Baby 86 rated icon might cost 10 tokens, but Rio will cost the full 24.

Anyway, I'm heavily leaning towards wanting to work towards Rio. Hopefully the objectives aren't insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Lord TSC wrote: »
    The list of Icons they showed seemed to be a mix of baby, mid and primes (though the primes were the likes of Rui Costa; lower level ones).

I'd imagine it will be varying costs for the icons. Like, a Baby 86 rated icon might cost 10 tokens, but Rio will cost the full 24.

Anyway, I'm heavily leaning towards wanting to work towards Rio. Hopefully the objectives aren't insane.

Yeah I'm thinking there'll be 3 price categories, it'll either be split up by Base/Mid/Prime or simply just by the way they were laid out in the original promo image.

Screenshot-2019-10-08-at-14.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Pirlo or Drogba thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Hagi, Wright or Ferdinand for me.

• Advertisement

Def drog for me if it’s not insane requirements to get him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Won my first wl match 6-1. Second match ends 6-5 after extra time where I got two players sent off and he scored 4 rebound goals and the winner in injury time where I stood exactly in front of his striker but the wall still went to him :o

The shot count at the end was 19-6 in favour of him as I'd only shoot when through on goal and he'd spam shots with icon shearer infinitely.

Still though not like I'm chasing top 100 so it doesn't matter :pac: Is getting a good goalkeeper going to help reduce rebounds or is that just another quirk of fifa 20 ?

Regarding the rebounds, not really. Been playing with 89 Yashin for a couple of games, good keeper but rebounds are still a thing. Not even a 300k keeper will stop them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Auba sbc up.

Time to cash those Jorginhos :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Is there anything about the icon stuff? Out at the mo, and can't see anything on the app.

Awh, only one IF needed.

Need two 85s and two 87s squad for Auba

• Advertisement

:pac: :pac: typical EA

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Awh, only one IF needed.

Need two 85s and two 87s squad for Auba

520k for an untradeable player who can’t be used in any future potm sbc’s.

For the marginal stats increase to his base card which is at 400k and more importantly tradeable I’ll most likely pass on this which is a pity.

Are they just going to overprice every sbc with the logic that people will complete it because without icon sbc’s I might aswell use players on something

Right, nothing proper up yet.

But seems to be you will collect tokens (ala Futswap) over the next three months, and can trade them in for your icon. 12 tokens in Season 1 (which lasts another 30 days), and 12 more in Season 2 (November/December).

So basically, the best icons won't be getable till round Xmas.

I HATE this compared to the old Icon SBC system....

Redzer7 wrote: »
    :pac: :pac: typical EA

Can’t believe they’ve managed to fcuk up the icon swap!!
    Actually I can!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Not a hope I'd drop the coins on the sbc and I'm an arsenal fan!

Crazy price... Hopefully people will do it for the card and my IF's will sell

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Well that's gone about as poorly as I expected

I honestly can't believe they've nuked their SBCs like this :/

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    Not a hope I'd drop the coins on the sbc and I'm an arsenal fan!

Crazy price... Hopefully people will do it for the card and my IF's will sell

Can’t see it, ozil is already dropping like a rock as people are just offloading the cards they got in prep and everyone is undercutting each other to try sell.
    I wouldn’t have minded paying that price for him if they’d given him a decent upgrade

The best chance for those if is when nice, affordable sbc comes up.

This one will be done mostly by people who have more coins than I do and probably more informs than I have as well.

So not a chance I will make many coins here. Might get some return on two Benzemas I think bought for 18k. But that's around 5k per card.

For informs I want more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Madness those requirements. Luckily I didn't go too heavy on Arsenal players. Couple of IF Jorginhos that will hopefully shift as well as Cavanis and Piques.

• Advertisement

I have to agree those sbcs make no sense.

Who in their right mind would complete Piszczek flashback for 150k when there are better players out there for less.

Semedo if 86 is 80-90k. Theo if 8158k.

Good nation/league and tradeable (granted these two are left backs, but still...) And fast :)

I wish ea or one of the community managers would just give an update on the icon swap, there was a fault, we expect it to be live at 7 etc.

This radio silence and constant checking back annoys me.
    The 2 tiered approach to it also is very discouraging, I’m trying my best to stay motivated for fifa but Jesus they don’t do any favors.

wonski wrote: »
    I have to agree those sbcs make no sense.

Who in their right mind would complete Piszczek flashback for 150k when there are better players out there for less.

Semedo if 86 is 80-90k. Theo if 8158k.

Good nation/league and tradeable (granted these two are left backs, but still...) And fast :)

Walcott and saint maxim very overpriced too, Josef Martinez, crazy price.

Pukki was fair and promes was fair.
    Sanchez and mkhitaryan were fairly priced but cards no one wanted.

So yeah this trend is starting to get a little concerning.

Joao Felix starts according to flashscore.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Raving_Magic

Just packed Lenglet from Barcelona and see he's going for 100k+, why is he going for so much and should I sell now or will he go up more?

Joao Felix starts according to flashscore.

Yeah I get updates from Forza football app they're really on the ball, starting to rise a small bit now I've been checking him all day Haha.

Auba base being panic sold to death, down to 350k now, picked one up.

Hogey007 wrote: »

I hope it isn't going to happen to our little Felix ;)

Hogey007 wrote: »

Seen one going for 340k...

• Advertisement

I hope it isn't going to happen to our little Felix ;)

Are you holding many or just the one?

Mine didn’t sell yet so it’s almost like having a bet on him now, if he scores one or 2 in first half we can cash out for profit, if not and you’re still holding he might start to drop.
    Ah sure all a bit of craic anyway :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement