Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Maybe try and change the Pass Receiver Lock from "Late" to "Early" and see if that improves it - I found it better setting it to early. Less missed passes.

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/fifa/fifa-20/news/controller-settings-explained

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Felix not starting so sell while you can Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

New MLS POTM is 86 rated Carlos Vela. He looks good and costs only 30k but has a 2 star weak foot.

Am I mad for thinking I should do the Martinez sbc and run a front three of Martinez, Barnes and Vela as CAM ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Gyan84 wrote: »
    New MLS POTM is 86 rated Carlos Vela. He looks good and costs only 30k but has a 2 star weak foot.

Am I mad for thinking I should do the Martinez sbc and run a front three of Martinez, Barnes and Vela as CAM ?

I've got Martinez and he's really great, did Vela just because of how cheap he is too. With Schweinsteiger after announcing his retirement I'm just waiting on an EOE card for him and then it'll be easy to link Martinez.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Being crap at the start of this fifa was beneficial for that icon swap because I have all the rivals objectives done now in my dunce division :D

Just the mls in squad battles (which is fairly straight forward) and then the 9 fut champions wins and I’m done.

Absolutely hating the game though, the button delay is making it terrible for me, even when I win it’s such a slog it’s so unenjoyable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Hogey007 wrote:
    Absolutely hating the game though, the button delay is making it terrible for me, even when I win it’s such a slog it’s so unenjoyable.

It's not that bad. Gameplay wise it's 10 times the game of last year.

RossieMan wrote: »
    It's not that bad. Gameplay wise it's 10 times the game of last year.

They can have the best gameplay in the world but if there’s a constant button delay it doesn’t count for much.
    Mine has been absolute constant for about 2 weeks now.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    They can have the best gameplay in the world but if there’s a constant button delay it doesn’t count for much.
    Mine has been absolute constant for about 2 weeks now.

then the problem is you.
    there is button delay, but its no where near as bad as you're making out. Sort out your connection, try looking at your NAT type.

then the problem is you.
    there is button delay, but its no where near as bad as you're making out. Sort out your connection, try looking at your NAT type.

I’m grand but thanks for the concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

then the problem is you.

Button delay is an EA server problem not people’s connections.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Bought a load of Kasper Schmeichels during Denmark’s game the last day for 1700, given that he’s an absolute lock for TOTW his lowest BIN is gone up to 2300 as a result. Would I be better off cashing out now for a small gain or will his price go up even more after Wednesday evening? Haven’t done this trading method before so I’m unsure on the timing.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Bought a load of Kasper Schmeichels during Denmark’s game the last day for 1700, given that he’s an absolute lock for TOTW his lowest BIN is gone up to 2300 as a result. Would I be better off cashing out now for a small gain or will his price go up even more after Wednesday evening? Haven’t done this trading method before so I’m unsure on the timing.
    If he’s not clogging up your transfer list I’d hold if you’re sure he’ll be in totw. if any sbc comes that requires pl players between tomorrow and Saturday there will be traders who have bought tonnes of kaspers and they’ll get him into futbin solutions driving his price up.

You could always list a few around 3k or 3.5k and see if they sell when totw is announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭oleard1987

Just packed a rashford but he is untradeable 😭😭
    Would have been a nice few coins

Button delay is an EA server problem not people’s connections.

Not to the extend he's moaning about it.
    It's not very game. It's here and there. I've played 250 online games and had it in about 20-30 games. It's easy to adjust to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,852 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Every team I face has Douglas Costa, Saint-Maxim or Lozano, Never seen such a sweat fest

They need to nerf speed and improve heading because it's shocking right now

Not to the extend he's moaning about it.
    It's not very game. It's here and there. I've played 250 online games and had it in about 20-30 games. It's easy to adjust to it.

Please don’t tell me what I am and am not experiencing. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭scouttio

Lads, whats the craic with defenders following a runner in behind defensive line and then they just keep marking him about 5-10 yards deeper than the rest of my defenders and playing the attacker onside?
    Was looking for a way to stop them doing this in tactics but I dont see anything that would work?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just went through the League and Nation Hybrid SBCs and out walks Sadio Mane from the rare mega pack. Never packed someone of that value this early in FUT before and probably my favourite player in the world too, feckin delighted! :D

Got Allan, Depay and Militao as well from the other packs. Going to have a go at the National Pride one now while the pack luck is good.

Hogey007 wrote:
    Please don’t tell me what I am and am not experiencing. Thank you.

Hilarious.

This is what's wrong with the community. It's impossible for EA to get accurate information given people constantly blaming either servers or the game rather than their skill level.

I'm not saying delay isn't there, because it is. But it's not every single game, and it doesn't really effect results all that much.
    You can see delay from the beginning of the game, it makes things far more awkward to do, but winning is still more than possible.

People are always blaming the servers for poor results.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,964 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Hilarious.

This is what's wrong with the community. It's impossible for EA to get accurate information given people constantly blaming either servers or the game rather than their skill level.

I'm not saying delay isn't there, because it is. But it's not every single game, and it doesn't really effect results all that much.
    You can see delay from the beginning of the game, it makes things far more awkward to do, but winning is still more than possible.

Hilarious.

So you're saying there's a problem but it's ok because you should realise from the start that there's a problem and you should then deal with that problem because, ya know, it's just a problem.

Strange, one of us is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

i have been getting the speed up lag in games, at-least two or three times a game.

Most of the time i get away with it, usually lose possession or whatever but once or twice its lead to a player getting in behind my back line and scoring.

im not the best player in the world and im not blaming this at all.

but please tell me how this inst a server/EA problem?

i play several other games such as first person shooters where lag would have a serious impact on my experience but it doesn't happen in any other game...?

must be my problem though ya?

Hilarious.

But see I never once blamed the server for my poor results l, I’ve openely said from the beginning of fifa20 that I’ve been playing poor, bad defending etc, and obviously I don’t expect you to read or remember everything I post because I certainly don’t catch all of other peoples posts but even on the post I made last night which you quoted the second part of where I said about the delay, I started it off by saying “lucky I’m so crap at fifa20 because I ended up in the lower divisions and have all the rivals objectives for the icon completed”
    So yes, I was winning a lot yesterday and cleaned up on the objectives, but for me it’s not a “winning is the only thing that matters”, of course I want to win but if I’m finding the game poor because of button delay it’s frustrating.
    I generally only get to play fifa during peak times “evening and weekends” so maybe you’re escaping the delay a bit more, I dunno but it’s def there for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

New Fifa,same Rossie!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    i have been getting the speed up lag in games, at-least two or three times a game.

Most of the time i get away with it, usually lose possession or whatever but once or twice its lead to a player getting in behind my back line and scoring.

im not the best player in the world and im not blaming this at all.

but please tell me how this inst a server/EA problem?

i play several other games such as first person shooters where lag would have a serious impact on my experience but it doesn't happen in any other game...?

must be my problem though ya?

I used to get that a lot last year, but haven't seen it once this year. I've switched to Sky from Virgin when I moved house. Even though the speeds are slower, I believe it provides a more stable connection. Both times I used a wired connection.

The game is fecked, which is fair enough. It's a known fact. But to day it's the reason for every loss you've taken as it's constant is laughs or. Own up to the fact you need to improve as a player. Stop blaming the servers and EA for your downfalls.

Flame me all you like, if you can't be honest here what's the point?
    Success here seems to be mediocrity in my eyes. Mega teams struggling to get gold 3, blaming lag, button delay, everyone has to play with it. It's an even playing field as far as I'm concerned.

Take your personal hatred away and actually look into the stats.

Edit:this isn't a response to hogey, as I hadn't seen his last post which actually added to the debate with useful information.

New patch here looks to be be getting rid of input delay:

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/506145/fifa-20-title-update-4/p1

Also fitness glitch is being corrected.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

blaa85 wrote: »
    Also fitness glitch is being corrected.

Booooo

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I see Memphis is a possibility for an IF.

Would adore being able to add him to my Dutch front line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Fitness is the most pointless thing ever, it doesn't add anything interesting to the game, it just makes you waste a couple minutes applying fitness cards every second game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement