Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Ended up doing the marquee matchups, icon-based pack sbcs and the two mls potm sbcs last night. Didn't get anything good until my last pack from Martinez's sbc when I got Keylor Navas which covered most of vela.

I used them last night while doing the objectives in rivals. First game was a 1-1 draw in the last minute when I just hit lobbed through ball as hard as I could from my box and Martinez ran through and scored like it was fifa 13 :D

Second game 90 minute it's a draw again and he scores a bicycle kick straight from a corner.

How's everybody doing in regards to the season xp ? I'm at 54k. Might try to do the crossing objectives with low pace players in rivals while people are doing the icon swaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Fitness is the most pointless thing ever, it doesn't add anything interesting to the game, it just makes you waste a couple minutes applying fitness cards every second game.

Completely agree. Waste of time and adds nothing as everyone just uses fitness cards. It's an extra EA tax really.

Not a massive fan of the chemistry system myself. I think it takes a lot of the creativity out of squad building.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

That explains why my transfer pile cleared out of fitness cards....dont be getting rid of them from the game lads,I made over 14 million last year from them alone :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

RossieMan wrote: »
    Completely agree. Waste of time and adds nothing as everyone just uses fitness cards. It's an extra EA tax really.

Not a massive fan of the chemistry system myself. I think it takes a lot of the creativity out of squad building.

It's the chemistry system that brings creativity into it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Gyan84 wrote: »

How's everybody doing in regards to the season xp ? I'm at 54k. Might try to do the crossing objectives with low pace players in rivals while people are doing the icon swaps.

I’m on 66k, the scoring and assisting with silvers is the first weekly objective I’ve fully completed but think I got every other objective completed apart from the Oktoberfest one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I've done every objective in the game aside from the Oktoberfest one, on 68k xp. I really hate that you can't just earn it at your own pace, those cards at level 30 won't even get into my team anymore.

seamie78 wrote:
    It's the chemistry system that brings creativity into it

In theory it should be yes. In practise it's the same teams over and over again. How many dembee-mbappe-neymar attacks do you see? Dembele or Messi, either work. All the top teams are the same. No variety. At least without chemistry it's about more freedom.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

RossieMan wrote: »
    In theory it should be yes. In practise it's the same teams over and over again. How many dembee-mbappe-neymar attacks do you see? Dembele or Messi, either work. All the top teams are the same. No variety. At least without chemistry it's about more freedom.

20191015-172814.jpg

:D

I've done every objective in the game aside from the Oktoberfest one, on 68k xp. I really hate that you can't just earn it at your own pace, those cards at level 40 won't even get into my team anymore.

Yeah same here, the only way you can get zaha, tolisso or vazquez is to play fifa very regularly and if you’re playing regularly most people will have better players in those positions. (If not already, they will very soon)

I've got Martinez and he's really great, did Vela just because of how cheap he is too. With Schweinsteiger after announcing his retirement I'm just waiting on an EOE card for him and then it'll be easy to link Martinez.

Well I got what I asked for and it's crazy expensive, requirements are 3 85 rated squads including 2 TOTW players. So around 250k.

• Advertisement

Well I got what I asked for and it's crazy expensive, requirements are 3 85 rated squads including 2 TOTW players. So around 250k.

Very expensive for a card with “not great” stamina.
    He does look nicely rounded with shadow chem and I’d have completed him for about 100-120k but not at the current price

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Very expensive for a card with “not great” stamina.
    He does look nicely rounded with shadow chem and I’d have completed him for about 100-120k but not at the current price

Yeah it's really just the league that he's in, like I wanted him to go with my two MLS POTM cards but at this price I can't really justify it.

His card looks insane apart from the stamina. Medium medium might save him, I'll wait for a review though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

As the rest of ye have said, Schweinsteiger looks insane but has an insane price too.

Would love to get him to go with my 2 mls potms but would need a pretty big pull from wl rewards to be able to afford him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Fitness are really just a way to take coins out of the game. They need more than the tax to do that. Tbh the market feels like it needs MORE ways to take coins from it not less...

I remember the days of players having in built formations. The good old days! 4-1-2-1-2 player cards would go for crazy money!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I dont remember fifa where I had to buy fitness cards.

I do remember selling them, though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Lads... Messi... he's ludicrous. That might sound obvious but there's been Fifas where he hasn't been. He's infi better than Ronaldo this year.

7GQ9q59.png

switching to this in game from 433 (so all on full chem). A few weak links but that should be sorted out next weekend as i should be able to get Mbappe in there instead of Benedetto. Will work on getting better defenders then. Baggio not as good as i'd hoped tho so might have to move him. Not sure who i'll get instead. Baby Puyol is really good tho. Highly recommend. Great value.

Patch out on ps4 now.

No depay in totw if this page can be trusted

https://twitter.com/fut20news/status/1184429180416593920?s=21

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Boooooo.

Ugh, I hate the way at half time, the cursor can sometimes start on Forefiet match. Just wasted a half game there by accidentally quitting out of the match.

All the online icon bits done. Starting in the squad battles.

Gotta say, I’m finding it’s a tad too easy currently. I’ll easily get the first twelve swap players. Which makes me worry they’ll crucify us on the second batch.

Had been leaning towards Rio but might have to go Drogba if I get enough...

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Boooooo.

Ugh, I hate the way at half time, the cursor can sometimes start on Forefiet match. Just wasted a half game there by accidentally quitting out of the match.

Gotta say, I’m finding it’s a tad too easy currently. I’ll easily get the first twelve swap players. Which makes me worry they’ll crucify us on the second batch.

Was thinking the same, they made them very achievable and I worry we could get the crap like “score a header with a first owned French defender in 5 separate rivals wins” type rubbish for the next part.

I have all them done too apart from the 9 fut champs ones which I’ll get to this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Boooooo.

I did find the online a bit easy to do. Finished everything there. I'd rather watch that ireland / Switzerland game again, then have to play one more squad battle.

The only other thing I was thinking on the objectives is that for the second part they might do like they did several times last season when they had first owner weekly objectives.
    The following week we got very similar objectives where you needed purchased players rather than first owners.

So we could get almost identical objectives except they require 7 purchased players from specific leagues.

Makes sense from their point of view, people complete sbc’s to get first owner cards, then a few weeks later they need coins to buy cards from each league, what’s the quickest way for most fifa players to get coins......yep fifa points :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I’m more expecting Nations instead of leagues.

Win three rival matches with seven first owner English/French/Spanish/ etc.

New TOTW, starting to think there's a bug they're not talking about with OTW cards as they haven't given a single IF to a OTW player since the cards released.

....Also did they just see Duffy on the scoresheet and not realise it was an OG? :p

ushp1ybbtws31.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Also did they just see Duffy on the scoresheet and not realise it was an OG? :p

Georgia game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

New TOTW, starting to think there's a bug they're not talking about with OTW cards as they haven't given a single IF to a OTW player since the cards released.

Coutinho and De Jong are the only ones to have had an upgrade... Lozano, Ndombele were robbed of one and even moreso - Sarabia, who I think had 2 goals and 2 assists or something and didn’t get nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Coutinho and De Jong are the only ones to have had an upgrade... Lozano, Ndombele were robbed of one and even moreso - Sarabia, who I think had 2 goals and 2 assists or something and didn’t get nothing.

A goal and 2 assists for Sarabia. Yeah that was lousy from EA. I have Sarabia’s OTW untradeable from the free one given out.

Yeah and both Coutinho and De Jong were named in TOTWs that came out before the OTW promo, so when their OTW cards came out they were already pre-upgraded. I'm really thinking they're having a problem upgrading cards that have already been released and so are just not giving TOTWs to any OTW players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Schmeichel up above 3.5k BIN now aftertheTOTW announcement I see, sell now or hold another day or two do ye reckon?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement