Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

martyos121 wrote: »
    Schmeichel up above 3.5k BIN now aftertheTOTW announcement I see, sell now or hold another day or two do ye reckon?

Hold imo unless you badly need the coins. I have Schmeichels and Acuna too! Both regularly used in SBCs so will creep up further when out of packs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Only got gold 3 so can't expect much but hoping I get wijnaldum tomorrow.

That Argentine left back looks like he could be a good midfielder too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Not one player in totw5 has pace higher than 80!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Red Duffy, of course.

Thiago the only usable player from packs then. Shocking morning of rewards....

Continuation of that - busted my arse for rank 1 in rivals and got an 82 IF Al Soma and an 83 Haller for my troubles..... won’t be doing that again anyway :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Got Wijnaldum and Acuna from my player picks. Acuna has higher face stats in everything over Wijnaldum, I'd say he would be a savage midfielder. Happy to have two cards I can use.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

McKinney and Duffy, poor enough but McKinney is as good as tolisso so will get a run in my bund team for these objectives at least. Nothing higher than an 84 from div6 rank 1 and gold 3 ...

blaa85 wrote: »
    Got Wijnaldum and Acuna from my player picks. Acuna has higher face stats in everything over Wijnaldum, I'd say he would be a savage midfielder. Happy to have two cards I can use.

Great picks, best two outside of lew. Acuna at least is a perfect sub anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Right Liverpool and United is surely 100% in MM today, so why are united players going for 900 coins? What am I missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Cheryshev from the player pick.

Fut Champs and Rivals packs were good though. Benzema, Verratti, Gnabry and Ruffier.

• Advertisement

Right Liverpool and United is surely 100% in MM today, so why are united players going for 900 coins? What am I missing?

Panic sellers, this was tipped all week by many and now people are selling today but because they don’t sell instantly people are panicking and lower prices.
    I wa comfortably selling my Liverpool players at 1600 yesterday and united at 1400 but a lot slower now.
    Should pick up after lunch when rewards are all open etc.
    I still have a lot of cards to sell but not buying into the panic. I’m holding my prices.
    Hype should kick in after lunch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Well I was sitting on 30k coins so I hoovered up 42 Bailly cards for between 700-750 coins each, now hopefully they go up :pac::pac::pac:

Took the coins from rivals and got the 82 rated la liga winger and Duffy as my player picks which is the caliber I was expecting.

Highest rated in my packs was 83 rated aaron ramsey and the only one worth anything was city's mendy who's 3.5k :(

Going to need some luck from squad battles if I'm going to have enough for Schweinsteiger.

Arciphel wrote: »
    Well I was sitting on 30k coins so I hoovered up 42 Bailly cards for between 700-750 coins each, now hopefully they go up :pac::pac::pac:

Even if they don’t. Relish them over and over at 2100. You will get sales anyway.

Ooh looks like we’re getting scream event tomorrow, nice

https://twitter.com/easportsfifa/status/1184892152993595393?s=21

Matuidi and Rodri from MM. Nice to have for future "First Owner" teams.

That ligue 1 potm card looks like a decent sub for the approx 14k the sbc costs.
    Will complete it later, clear out a few 82 and 83 untradeables.

Marksman chem and he plays as an 89 striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Been a few years since I've played so not sure if there are any glitches or not that people are using.

I've been disconnected from the server 5-6 times this evening while playing Rivals and trying to get a goal in Swaps. My internet is fine so it's not a problem on my end.

It then takes a few mins to get back into Fut, and I'm given the loss regardless of the score, and get a dnf.

Has anyone experienced anything similar.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    That ligue 1 potm card looks like a decent sub for the approx 14k the sbc costs.
    Will complete it later, clear out a few 82 and 83 untradeables.

Marksman chem and he plays as an 89 striker.

100% doing it as a super sub.

Him and Ninga would be a great, low budget front two....

Mendy and Veratti from MM. Finally some decent pulls! Got that Ligue 1 POTM card too... lovely design. Playing him + IF Adama up top for my first WL this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,964 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Mendy and Veratti from MM. Finally some decent pulls! Got that Ligue 1 POTM card too... lovely design. Playing him + IF Adama up top for my first WL this year.

Lovely design? Fml

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Pulled Frankie dejong there his standard gold...

Sold him for 78k so my best pull so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Liamalone wrote: »
    Lovely design? Fml

Ultimate Team is as much a card collection game as anything else so the designs on them are very important in my opinion.

Also grabbed the Ligue 1 POTM card, played really well, got my div rivals obj complete in no time. Must try and work out a way to fit him in a "normal" team once I've got through the objs...

Liamalone wrote: »
    Lovely design? Fml

If the card design is nice or there’s a dynamic image, I’m usually more tempted to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

So I finally have enough points to enter the Weekend League but I've never played one before and have a couple of questions; When you enter, do you earn points for the next weekend league by playing the matches?

I ask because my team is pretty poor but I have enough coins to build a decent one and I'm wondering would I be better off saving the points and building a team next week to enter it?

My team is below and I'm kinda paranoid that it'll be a waste entering now and just be a weekend getting smashed by all the meta 186 teams out there. There are few straightforward like for like upgrades I could make to it now, or I could just buy Neymar or Mbappe and hope they carry me, but my indecisiveness is keeping me from settling on an actual team I'd like to build from scratch

0d3bbf7765d8e3234357b9705064f5cf-full.jpg

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    So I finally have enough points to enter the Weekend League but I've never played one before and have a couple of questions; When you enter, do you earn points for the next weekend league by playing the matches?

I ask because my team is pretty poor but I have enough coins to build a decent one and I'm wondering would I be better off saving the points and building a team next week to enter it?

My team is below and I'm kinda paranoid that it'll be a waste entering now and just be a weekend getting smashed by all the meta 186 teams out there. There are few straightforward like for like upgrades I could make to it now, or I could just buy Neymar or Mbappe and hope they carry me, but my indecisiveness is keeping me from settling on an actual team I'd like to build from scratch

0d3bbf7765d8e3234357b9705064f5cf-full.jpg

Yeah if you get 6 wins you 1000 points For you next weekend league and if you win 11 or more you get 2000 points so you’d immediately have enough to go again.

Don’t worry too much if you lose a few at the start, your first 5 games serve as placement games, they count as part of your 30 but after those 5 you’ll place opponents based on your win loss ratio. So say if you won 3 and lost 2, your form is +1, so you play other teams around +1

If you only won 1 and lost 4 your form would be -3 and you’d play other teams with a form around -3.

It carries on like that for the full 30 games so if you lose a few stick at it, the opponents will get easier.

Like if you win 6 but lose 10 your form is -4 etc

(There might be a technical way to describe the above better but that’s a general jist of how it works)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Skimmed through the thread a bit as haven't played in over a week. Saw a few were saying how laggy and mucky the gameplay felt. I just played my first WL game & the responsiveness and delay in input is unbelievable. Connection is perfect yada yada. I think I'll settle for G3 and only play WL when there's promos. No point in sweating for 2 81 in forms.
    Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Been a few years since I've played so not sure if there are any glitches or not that people are using.

I've been disconnected from the server 5-6 times this evening while playing Rivals and trying to get a goal in Swaps. My internet is fine so it's not a problem on my end.

It then takes a few mins to get back into Fut, and I'm given the loss regardless of the score, and get a dnf.

Has anyone experienced anything similar.

Sounds like you have strict NAT or your port forwarding isn't set up properly. Wired or Wireless connection?

Decided against doing Schweinsteiger so I invested in my defense a bit for wl:
    fifa.jpg

Start like this and sub acuna on so everyone but him and barnes is on full chem:
    https://www.futbin.com/20/squad/9733349

Midfield is all over the place as I'm just waiting to get 85 tolisso and gerrard from icon swaps over the next month.

Did the ligue 1 potm as well so he'll be my super sub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Acuna doesnt make a good CDM due to his High/High workrates. either a CM or LB, but definitely not a lone CDM.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement