Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Hey Guys/Girls,

Can anyone give me a bit of advice with my team please?

have about 200k to make improvements but don't know where to go, CB's defo need an upgrade i think but not sure whos the best to spend the money on.

Thanks for the helps :P

SQUAD.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Rudiger, Gomez, Ake all upgrades at CB over either of those. Wasn't a massive fan of Dele Alli either, found IF Madison more consistent myself but he was also not great.

Premier League really isn't the go to this year I feel, much better options in la Liga or seria a.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Gomez is well worth it for an 80 rated CB he feels to be alot higher for some reason.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Gomez definitely plays better than his stats, Lingard has been pretty solid for me as a CAM and would say he plays better than his stats too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    Hey Guys/Girls,

Can anyone give me a bit of advice with my team please?

have about 200k to make improvements but don't know where to go, CB's defo need an upgrade i think but not sure whos the best to spend the money on.

Thanks for the helps :P

SQUAD.png

As the others have said lots of options at CB to improve. I'd drop one of Jorgi or Rodri, both relatively immobile and don't offer a goal threat (neither does ndombele but at least he moves) and replace with someone like IF Maddison (always destroys me) or maybe someone else a bit shifty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Somehow managed to win my first 5 wl games. I'm sure I'll go on a losing streak now to make up for it.

Bundesliga potm is out. 86 rated Harit costing roughly 70k. Looks like a pretty poor card tbh. He has pace but bad shooting, physical and composure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Somehow managed to win my first 5 wl games. I'm sure I'll go on a losing streak now to make up for it.

Bundesliga potm is out. 86 rated Harit costing roughly 70k. Looks like a pretty poor card tbh. He has pace but bad shooting, physical and composure.

Yet another ea mistake, he should only be 84 as his base is 81.
    They have a picture of him with an 84 card but in the menu it’s 86, I fail to understand how these things aren’t checked, I mean I double, treble check e-mails in work and work as a website admin where absolutely everything is double checked before being published.
    Yet a multi million pound company has mistake after mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Was enjoying Barnes but he didn't feel like a 600k player, decided to swap him out for Rush and been having a good time, here's the current team, starts like this but plays a 442 (yes I like SBCs):

Screenshot-2019-10-18-at-04-40-17.png

Hoping to pull together the extra 400k or so by the time I get enough Swap Tokens for Gerrard to turn it in to this:

Screenshot-2019-10-18-at-04-32-32.png

Also quick review of Schweinsteiger, he's absolutely as good as he looks if not better, plays like I'd expect an Icon like Ballack to play, his major issue really is just the chemistry problem with him but he's a 200k player who plays like a 700k one.

Thanks for the tips guys will bring in gomez and maddison into midfield and do away with jorginiho and stones for now.

See a lot of love for Sanchez at center half he worth the coins?

See a lot of love for Sanchez at center half he worth the coins?

I wouldn't say so, his price doesn't really make sense to me when compared with the alternatives:

Screenshot-2019-10-18-at-17-46-42.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Have all the icon objectives done now bar winning 9 matches in fut champs, will get around to doing that next weekend as I won't be redeeming this weekend.

Found winning 3 games starting with 7 first owned Serie A players the hardest.

Packed kante twice in 3 packs :D

Holy f*ck!!!

Was going to compliment EA on the Scream promo but they made that James Milner SBC so expensive :(

Still though it's a lot better than previous years

Came up against my first orts super team...

Quit after five mins...

Least they could do is let you score

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Was 4-0, about to go 5-0 but my opponent rage quits when I’m through on goal for the winner... since then, 4-2 after 2 penalty shootout losses in a row. Penalties are ****in ****e.

Dominating games, getting a lot of shots but opponents keepers always multiply by 3.
    Oh well, I’m only going for 11 wins. Just hoping I can get them as fast as possible.

Made 50k selling all the tradeable silvers in my club to people doing that Halloween sbc. Did the marquee matchups as well and got Suarez so made over 100k this evening.

I like the look of that Milner card but it's just so expensive I think I'll leave it. Still not sure about Schweinsteiger. Looks like a great card but for the same price I could get scream Romagnoli and Theo Hernandez IF.

For anyone doing the Weekly Objectives just a word of warning, one of the Silver objectives requires you to score 4 goals in a game, what it actually means is score exactly 4 goals in the game, if you score more than 4 it won't count.

Got to level 27, took the Prime Premier League pack, no boards. So that's the entire season's worth of untradeable packs and not a single 83 rated player. At least I get to look forward to having an 85 Tolisso in another 3 weeks time, y'know, around the same time I get an 89 Gerrard from Swaps :p

How are headers so broken and EA are doing nothing against it?? I just don't get it.

Takes so much away from so many strikers in the game....

Has anyone scored many corners??

I think I've only scored one and conceded two in around 70 games....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,852 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Heading is dreadful.

Slightly increases your chances of scoring a corner if you select a player and make them run towards the ball. Harry Maguire is very good in the air.

• Advertisement

Completely changed my back line to see if it helps,

Went from de gea in goals with awb rb, Laporte and Sanchez cb & red pick Theo Hernandez lb

To ter Stegen in goals, red Hernandez rb (on 7 chem) umtitti and lenglet cb and IF semedo lb.

Hopefully that change and having packed kante too to sit in front stops me leaking goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

How are headers so broken and EA are doing nothing against it?? I just don't get it.

Takes so much away from so many strikers in the game....

Has anyone scored many corners??

I think I've only scored one and conceded two in around 70 games....

Near post headers still work for me... granted not as much, but still working. Managed to score two in one game. I don’t know if anyone else does this, but I always have right footed on the right corner, left footed on the left corner.. helps a lot.

Is there going to be three scream players available through objectives?

The graphic when your loading shows dzeko and two cards either side of him

Redzer, Felix watch, he’s at 148k now, hopefully reaches 160k before kick off and I’m out :)

Is there going to be three scream players available through objectives?

The graphic when your loading shows dzeko and two cards either side of him

Oh interesting, hadn’t copped that.
    It would certainly suggest there’s more to come.

But this week is just the first release of scream cards, there’s another set next Friday so maybe we’ll have to wait until then for the other 2?

Hit the loss streak in wl just as I thought I would. From 5-0 to 7-4. 3 of them were games I would always lose but the 4th was against a guy who got an early goal by skill moving straight into my center back and keeping the ball and then just went 1 depth drop back and let the ai block everything for him.

Still should get gold 2 though.

Don't think I'll bother doing that Dzecko tbh. Objectives look like a pain and all he'd be is sbc fodder.

Gyan84 wrote: »

Don't think I'll bother doing that Dzecko tbh. Objectives look like a pain and all he'd be is sbc fodder.

Same as that. It’s only there until Friday, I’ll be trying to get in up to 30 wl games over the weekend.
    Usually take a breather on a Monday after weekend league so really can’t see myself trying to complete those objectives in the hour or so I get to play fifa tues, weds, thurs evening.

I have zero need or want to get the dzeko card only thing making me think about it is if they put a score x amount of goals with scream players to unlock an icon swap

I have zero need or want to get the dzeko card only thing making me think about it is if they put a score x amount of goals with scream players to unlock an icon swap

Ah you’ll be grand, they wouldn’t look for anything that specific as it would rule out a lot of casual players and that’s the whole reason they restructured how we get icons.

• Advertisement

Took the pl pack from level 27 of the season objectives, got de gea, can’t argue with that.

I got otw Ben yedder from an earlier pack so overall they’ve been decent.

With my growing number of French players I’ll probably take tolisso over zaha.
    Zaha would never be any more than a sub but tolisso could act as a nice link if I ever got red sancho/Werner etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement