Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Anybody have a glitch where the camera slowly drifts across the pitch for a second or two when taking a corner ?

I've experienced another glitch where the custom tactics doesn't reset between matches i.e. if I finish my last match on ultra defensive sometimes I'll start the next one on ultra defensive.

The menus are fairly glitchy as well. Had to back out of ultimate team last night as it wouldn't let me apply consumables :confused:

I have the same with kick off and corners.

Just give it 2 seconds before passing or crossing until the screen switches.

Only returned after a week off and it got me few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Same with goal kicks for me, does my nut in Haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Ben yedder should in totw, my otw will get upgraded :)

Got my 14 wins in wl with 2 games to spare.

For the first time in fifa20 I’m happy with how I’m playing.
    I’m delighted to get to 14 after the start I had this week, I’ve openly said I’ve been crap in fifa20 but even I was too embarrassed to post my score on Friday.
    I started 1-10!!! Which included 9 straight defeats, I had never lost more than 5 in a row in wl so to lose that much was so disheartening.
    The only thing was, and this might sound bizarre, I was actually playing well, every game was close, I just couldn’t catch a break.

I knew I’d be playing easier opponents on Saturday given by form but really pleased to go 13-4 from the next 17.
    I also think changing my backline helped, I now have defenders who can pass out from the back

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Got my 14 wins in wl with 2 games to spare.

For the first time in fifa20 I’m happy with how I’m playing.
    I’m delighted to get to 14 after the start I had this week, I’ve openly said I’ve been crap in fifa20 but even I was too embarrassed to post my score on Friday.
    I started 1-10!!! Which included 9 straight defeats, I had never lost more than 5 in a row in wl so to lose that much was so disheartening.
    The only thing was, and this might sound bizarre, I was actually playing well, every game was close, I just couldn’t catch a break.

I knew I’d be playing easier opponents on Saturday given by form but really pleased to go 13-4 from the next 17.
    I also think changing my backline helped, I now have defenders who can pass out from the back

Haven't played weekend league myself yet, will hopefully get to play it next weekend if nothing comes up, what team you running with Hogey?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    Why did people think there would be a hulk sbc anyway?

No sign of it yet?

It’s coming... trust me. Good sources ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

It’s coming... trust me. Good sources ;)

Bet ya had about 100 Oscars to sell 😂

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Haven't played weekend league myself yet, will hopefully get to play it next weekend if nothing comes up, what team you running with Hogey?

This is what I went with from Saturday onwards, only auba, eriksen and Theo Hernandez survived the cull.
    I packed kante twice Friday night so sold one to buy pogba, and had been using saint maxim rw, the difference between him and sterling is similar to the difference in real life.
    I switch 4-1-2-1-2 in game.

633463-A8-4-C83-4-A4-D-BCFF-38-BBFC804-FCD.jpg

This is what I went with from Saturday onwards, only auba, eriksen and Theo Hernandez survived the cull.
    I packed kante twice Friday night so sold one to buy pogba, and had been using saint maxim rw, the difference between him and sterling is similar to the difference in real life.
    I switch 4-1-2-1-2 in game.

633463-A8-4-C83-4-A4-D-BCFF-38-BBFC804-FCD.jpg

Very nice, what's Semedo and Henrandez like?
    Bought Semedo and looking to get inform Hernandez to compete my squad when I get the coins from a few sales.

Very nice, what's Semedo and Henrandez like?
    Bought Semedo and looking to get inform Hernandez to compete my squad when I get the coins from a few sales.

Semedo is class, really quick and great at playing out from the back.
    Theo is decent too, I’m playing him at 7 chem at rb as there’s few decent French rb options.
    If Ben yedder gets his IF I might try work his otw back into my team :)

• Advertisement

Decided to go for that scream dzeko after, just need 3 more low driven goals and 5 assists.

I was dismissive of him at first because he’s dzeko, in my head I just thought “slow immobile lump” but his stats aren’t bad, he goes to 93 pace with hunter and plays as a 92 striker (with hunter chem)
    6 foot 4 and 5 star weak foot.
    Ok yes, he only has the 2 star skills but I’m not a big skiller anyway.

Will complete him, he might come in handy for a serie A objective at worst

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Was 14-5 and thinking of going for gold 1 which would be my personal best.

Lost my next match to a guy named road to elite after he hits a wild shot miles wide but my center back leaps at it to deflect it face first into the goal :( He just went ultra defensive after that.

Next game is 0-0 until he sweats it across goal in the 94th minute of added time when there was only 2 minutes added on. He only got the ball cross the half way line in the 93rd.

The first guy deserved to beat me but what stuck out in both games is how slow everything is in general. It feels like there's no point to skill moves as the defender will recover by the time the animation is over.

I could barely defend the first week but now it feels like 19 where the ai will just cover the runs which is way less rewarding. Going to try and get gold 2 and stop there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads, Bastian then. Is he worth it?

I'm tempted to do him just for the sake of actually doing an SBC, cause I keep dismissing each one that crops up as a waste.

Between him, that Vela card and Scream Ibrahimovic, the MLS actually looks to be getting some love this year.

So with the profits from Neymar I've finished my team.

20191020-201235.jpg

Just played 2 rivals games, 5 goals and an assist for Dinho, using him as a CAM 433(4). Unreal.

So with the profits from Neymar I've finished my team.

20191020-201235.jpg

Just played 2 rivals games, 5 goals and an assist for Dinho, using him as a CAM 433(4). Unreal.

Wow!! That’s some team!!! The game is just about a month old like!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Lads, Bastian then. Is he worth it?

I'm tempted to do him just for the sake of actually doing an SBC, cause I keep dismissing each one that crops up as a waste.

Between him, that Vela card and Scream Ibrahimovic, the MLS actually looks to be getting some love this year.

Honestly yes he is worth it, obviously the lack of good links are a problem but that's represented in his price. He's a 200k midfielder that plays like a 700k Icon.

Finsihed 17-11 in WL, my first Gold 2 of the year so I'm happy with that, not gonna bother playing the remaining 2 games, can't get Gold 1 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    Bet ya had about 100 Oscars to sell 😂

Nah. Holding on to all of them. Albiol, Talisca, Oscar, Asenjo, Batra.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Honestly yes he is worth it, obviously the lack of good links are a problem but that's represented in his price. He's a 200k midfielder that plays like a 700k Icon.

You're the first person I've seen praising him. His card stats look insane, but apparently he's not that great in game. From what I've heard anyway, not played with him myself.

Don't think it's worth ploughing 200k into an MLS card this early myself given their season is over now. Very hard to get any decent links other than German links from here on in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,964 ✭✭✭Liamalone

13 wins with five games left, down to three fans left now. Pretty much the same as last year, 3-3, 6-6, 11-11 sort of craic.

I really don't know what to make of the actual game still lol. Thank goodness I only had two penalty shootouts!

Edit :14-15, gifted the last. Surprised tbh, I haven't got to grips with the game at all. I'm winging it.

• Advertisement

Played some Squad Battles games just to get objectives done and ended up packing Chiellini, Davinson Sanchez, and a silver IF, handy 70k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Got absolutely nothing from elite 3 squad battles and my pre order pack :o

Scream Guerrero from pre order and Pepe (Arsenal) from squad battles.

Not bad

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

What's people's thoughts on scream dele ali I'm tempted but price seems a little on the high side to me

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Any high rated pack luck I get seems to be a keeper.

Last year my only decent pull was De Gea. Then over the weekend I packed IF Navas & Alisson. Alisson slots straight into my team and Navas is untradeable.:rolleyes:

That Flying Dutchman objective was handy, logged into the app and was wondering why I had sold 23 Dani Ceballos.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Some of your teams are insane lads. I'm rocking the below for now with about 550k once the trade pile clears. All subs untradeable unfortunately...

Had IF Havertz and found him okay, sterling and perisic are class, perisic through the middle...

hots wrote: »
    Some of your teams are insane lads. I'm rocking the below for now with about 550k once the trade pile clears. All subs untradeable unfortunately...

Had IF Havertz and found him okay, sterling and perisic are class, perisic through the middle...

That’s a pretty decent team, you def have a very good base to build on. I’d try shore up defense a bit next.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Finished 15-15. Changed my team at 2-6 when I went from 4-1-2-1-2 narrow with Lewandowski and OTW Ndombele in midfield to 4-2-3-1 with Gnabry and Martial the wide CAMs.

I sold Lewandowski and used Lacazette as the lone frontman. I'm absolutely loving Laca, he's on a goal a game from over 80 matches so far.

I definitely think I'd have finished Gold 2 if I'd have had my current team from the start of this past Fut Champs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

e4ef771ad44d50730e5097a0d3d8f7da.png

This is what I'm running at the minute. It plays as a 4-2-3-1 narrow in game. Matthaus steps into midfield beside De Jong. Navas and Guerrero are the full backs. Jesus and Sane out wide with Reus behind Messi.

Needless to say Matthaus is unbelievable at CDM, he's the perfect player to control as the screening midfielder. He just latches onto anything that's near him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

That’s a pretty decent team, you def have a very good base to build on. I’d try shore up defense a bit next.

Yeah I had IF Aurier and didn't think he was worth the coin, will be adding Zanetti hopefully with the icon swaps (got all but one, the CFL Squad battles was a step too far). Not sure who else at CB, might upgrade to Hernandez, Lloris, Laporte or something in time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement