Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

correction wrote: »
    This is what I'm running at the minute. It plays as a 4-2-3-1 narrow in game. Matthaus steps into midfield beside De Jong. Navas and Guerrero are the full backs. Jesus and Sane out wide with Reus behind Messi.

Needless to say Matthaus is unbelievable at CDM, he's the perfect player to control as the screening midfielder. He just latches onto anything that's near him.

That might be the most attacking yet functional looking team I've seen, not sure I could run those as FBs though, they look ideal for 352 wide mids mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

hots wrote: »
    That might be the most attacking yet functional looking team I've seen, not sure I could run those as FBs though, they look ideal for 352 wide mids mind.

You slap a sentinel on them and they're crazy imo. They're certainly even more suited to mid's in a 3-5-2 but they've been excellent at full back too. I wanted to use Navas and this was the only way to fit him and Messi into the same team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Folks, anyone know when the next set of objectives for the icon swaps will be available?

Need that Roy Keane. Anyone actually looked at his prime card? Once you add a consumable to help with his pace he looks like a monster for a CDM.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭AH92

Redzer7 wrote: »
    So with the profits from Neymar I've finished my team.

20191020-201235.jpg

Just played 2 rivals games, 5 goals and an assist for Dinho, using him as a CAM 433(4). Unreal.

Very nice team, have cr7 in my team but I'm thinking of changing to Messi or mbappe , who did you prefer? Have a budget of 2 million if I sell cr7 so I'm more tempted to get mbappe and have more coins to play with for a better all round team.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

AH92 wrote: »
    Very nice team, have cr7 in my team but I'm thinking of changing to Messi or mbappe , who did you prefer? Have a budget of 2 million if I sell cr7 so I'm more tempted to get mbappe and have more coins to play with for a better all round team.

Mbappe 100%. He has 153 goals in 138 games for me. Had him since the very start and the only game he's not played is one where he was suspended, my favourite player this year hands down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I decided to do the WL with my team in the end - finished with 14 wins with a game or two to spare so fairly pleased with it. Started horrifically though at 0-5. All close games except one but sweaty teams would break on me and nick a goal to win even though I'd dominate games. Slightly surprised the game hasn't descended into everyone leaving four up top and conceding corners on purpose tbh, given how difficult it can be to reliably score from corners but how easy it is to break from them and go down the other end. Was really tempted to make a few instant upgrades to my team like Lucas Hernandez, IF Navas, Ousmane etc. but stuck it out and once I got my rank I started to have more success.

I did notice one thing though, and it could potentially be what's messing up EA's matchmaking in other modes, has anybody else noticed that on the loading screen it sometimes lists a lower rating for your opponent than it should be? As in I played a few people who's teams were just a sea of special cards and wouldn't have a player lower than 84 but their rating would still be shown as 82/83, perhaps the rating is still being calculated using those players' base cards and not the IF/Special versions actually being used?

Also, has anybody used the scream Navas card? Thinking on doing the SBC for it now but want to know is it worth it. Did the Ligue 1 POTM and think he's pretty pants tbh, thought he'd be a great sub to bring on with his pace but his touch is absolute pish I find.

This week I swear I'm going to build a decent team now........if I can only decide on one that is. Any suggestions? Don't really fancy an EPL team, I enjoy the French/Ligue 1 one I have and thinking about just doing the major upgrades to it and getting Neymar or Mbappe plus adding in the better La Liga/Bundesliga players. Love the Verratti card, him and Ndombele get through so much work in 433(4), if he could shoot he'd be a god. Anyone tried Benzema at CAM?

0d3bbf7765d8e3234357b9705064f5cf-full.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Mbappe 100%. He has 153 goals in 138 games for me. Had him since the very start and the only game he's not played is one where he was suspended, my favourite player this year hands down.

Do the loyalty glitch whenever you get a player sent off from now on man, no need to play a match with a player sitting out because he got red carded.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    I did notice one thing though, and it could potentially be what's messing up EA's matchmaking in other modes, has anybody else noticed that on the loading screen it sometimes lists a lower rating for your opponent than it should be? As in I played a few people who's teams were just a sea of special cards and wouldn't have a player lower than 84 but their rating would still be shown as 82/83, perhaps the rating is still being calculated using those players' base cards and not the IF/Special versions actually being used?

That's because they have a load of bronzes on the bench bringing the rating of the team right down.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Few bronze cards on their bench I would say ;)

It all started 2 or 3 years ago when opponents were matched based on rating.

Not sure if it works now, but since you only use 3 subs it just something you can do in case it works. But I don't think it does.

Does however work to complete one of the Icons swaps objective of max 83 overall rating.

That's because they have a load of bronzes on the bench bringing the rating of the team right down.

Ah I didn't realise bench contributed

• Advertisement

Also, has anybody used the scream Navas card? Thinking on doing the SBC for it now but want to know is it worth it. Did the Ligue 1 POTM and think he's pretty pants tbh, thought he'd be a great sub to bring on with his pace but his touch is absolute pish I find.

This week I swear I'm going to build a decent team now........if I can only decide on one that is. Any suggestions? Don't really fancy an EPL team, I enjoy the French/Ligue 1 one I have and thinking about just doing the major upgrades to it and getting Neymar or Mbappe plus adding in the better La Liga/Bundesliga players. Love the Verratti card, him and Ndombele get through so much work in 433(4), if he could shoot he'd be a god. Anyone tried Benzema at CAM?]

I have used Scream Navas as a right back with sentinel thrown on him and he's been my favorite right back so far but I'm not convinced he'd be much use as a winger in a front 3 on account of his 2* week foot. He is pretty cheap though and would be a good pacey sub to have.

What's you budget for a team? I've used IF Benzema as a CAM before and enjoyed him, think there is probably better options for the coins but he was fun.

I have used Scream Navas as a right back with sentinel thrown on him and he's been my favorite right back so far but I'm not convinced he'd be much use as a winger in a front 3 on account of his 2* week foot. He is pretty cheap though and would be a good pacey sub to have.

What's you budget for a team? I've used IF Benzema as a CAM before and enjoyed him, think there is probably better options for the coins but he was fun.

Have 1.7 million. I like the pace of Ikone at CAM behind him but wondering if Benzema at CAM supporting a pacier forward like Lacazette or Ben Yedder or dare I say even Mbappe would be a better option. France/Ligue 1 doesn't seem to have many great natural options for CAM so it's either position changes or looking outside and making the chem loss up elsewhere.

Have 1.7 million. I like the pace of Ikone at CAM behind him but wondering if Benzema at CAM supporting a pacier forward like Lacazette or Ben Yedder or dare I say even Mbappe would be a better option. France/Ligue 1 doesn't seem to have many great natural options for CAM so it's either position changes or looking outside and making the chem loss up elsewhere.

https://i.gyazo.com/0c96161bfa0f46df0a6fbacf5f57ed06.png

Depay is an 89 rated CAM with Artist chem style. He's obviously not French though so he wouldn't link to Ndombele. You could still get Ndombele full chem by swapping Coman with Martial but that would still leave Depay one link short.

https://i.gyazo.com/3be3a0af563477b0dccfbad4b061c2cb.png

But Ben Yedder is also an 89 rated CAM with Artist thrown on him and would solve all your problems and with his 5* week foot looks like a seriously good option. Behind Mbappe of course. ;)

A couple options to consider perhaps.

https://i.gyazo.com/0c96161bfa0f46df0a6fbacf5f57ed06.png

Depay is an 89 rated CAM with Artist chem style. He's obviously not French though so he wouldn't link to Ndombele. You could still get Ndombele full chem by swapping Coman with Martial but that would still leave Depay one link short.

https://i.gyazo.com/3be3a0af563477b0dccfbad4b061c2cb.png

But Ben Yedder is also an 89 rated CAM with Artist thrown on him and would solve all your problems and with his 5* week foot looks like a seriously good option. Behind Mbappe of course. ;)

A couple options to consider perhaps.

Thanks very much. Didn't realise you could view their rating for other positions on futbin, are they accurate? This is my first time playing FUT properly in 4/5 years and I haven't even looked at chem styles to see what they do yet, any cards I have with one were bought like that :o

On the subject of trading; I'm not looking for anyone to give away their secrets, but how do people go about making coins when they have a larger balance? I have a fair amount of coins now but it was all made trading bronze/silvers and so was quite intensive and volume dependent given their relative lower values. I have the means now to trade much more valuable cards but the increased tax appears to reduce the increased margins quite significantly to the point where it can't be worth trading 100k cards in the hope of 5k profit, what am I missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Thanks very much. Didn't realise you could view their rating for other positions on futbin, are they accurate?

no. Just because their stats say they'll be a 89 rated CAM, doesnt mean they'll be any good there. Depay for example, is absolutely god awful and plays nowhere near that rating, his passing is shocking. it is handy for checking to see which stats get the boost though. it assumes 10 player chemistry and 100 team chemistry unless you tell it otherwise.

Did the Ligue 1 POTM and think he's pretty pants tbh, thought he'd be a great sub to bring on with his pace but his touch is absolute pish I find.

This week I swear I'm going to build a decent team now........if I can only decide on one that is. Any suggestions? Don't really fancy an EPL team, I enjoy the French/Ligue 1 one I have and thinking about just doing the major upgrades to it and getting Neymar or Mbappe plus adding in the better La Liga/Bundesliga players. Love the Verratti card, him and Ndombele get through so much work in 433(4), if he could shoot he'd be a god. Anyone tried Benzema at CAM?

Loved the Ligue 1 POTM Striker myself, only for getting in behind instruction though I'd imagine, wouldn't want him dropping in deep. Agreed on Verratti, I had him holding in a 433 and then set to drop into defence when attacking, making it a back 3 with fbs pushing on, meant I was either spraying it out to the wingbacks or dribbling out from the back with Verratti. Also made defending counters much easier as you could race out with Verratti and break it up but leaving 2 cbs still (I'm a possession player and tend to get killed on the break by people sitting deep). Verratti's pace is the most surprising thing ever, the dribbling makes him feel about 80+ pace.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Scream Hulk up.

Nice prediction from someone in here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Patience is a virtue :) 83 CSL one of the squads - GGs if you followed and picked up Oscar, Talisca, Carrasco etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

They won't go up in price much if anything at all. Market is completely saturated at the moment. It'll be similar to the United Liverpool players who actually decreased in value for MM.

Card looks overpriced.

Edit: just checked requirements again, they should actually go up a bit when demand increases. Strange requirements for the 83 squad.

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote: »
    They won't go up in price much if anything at all. Market is completely saturated at the moment. It'll be similar to the United Liverpool players who actually decreased in value for MM.

Card looks overpriced.

Edit: just checked requirements again, they should actually go up a bit when demand increases. Strange requirements for the 83 squad.

They’re above 2k already anyways.. picked up all of mine from 1.5k and below. 140k SBC gives back 95k in packs which isn’t too bad.

Just checked and Oscar is just hanging around 1.7k.

As previously if there is just one player required it's just not gonna work. Sellers will get annoyed in 1 hour time and they will be down to original price soon.

wonski wrote: »
    Just checked and Oscar is just hanging around 1.7k.

As previously if there is just one player required it's just not gonna work. Sellers will get annoyed in 1 hour time and they will be down to original price soon.

Gotta cash out fast. Sold all of my Oscar, Talisca, Albiol, Bartra and I’m up over 100k - money maker was Albiol, bought <1.2k he’s up to 2.8k now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Thanks for the tip. Made 40k off of carrasco by buying at low 2000s and selling now at 2.8k.

Not massive profit but usually I lose coins so I'm happy :pac:

Bought Lucas Hernandez for 60k on friday with the intention of using him for wl and selling today and now he's just under 40k :o

If anybody is interested in scream Romagnoli I'm going to buy him tonight so he should be 20k by thursday :pac:

He will keep dropping a bit. I'd say he'll drop to 70k ish on Thursday once rewards come out.

Going to do Bastian, and grab Scream Muller. He's at 290k, and should be a bit cheaper by Thursday. He was one of my favorites three years ago, and that scream boost looks so good.

Hernandez price should go up closer to what you paid. Definitely around 50-55k.

It's a good card so keep using it until it reaches more decent price.

Romagnoli I am dissapointed with and paid 120k for it.

I found him so so. Not 120k so...

And now I'm wondering if its worth doing that POTM Lewandowski to add to my German team mix. 193k, but get three decent packs back. But his IF ain't far off that anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Yeah I'm going to keep him and have him at the back with Romagnoli.

It was originally going to be lenglet but then Romagnoli came out with higher pace and he's cheaper plus a strong link to Theo Hernandez who I find pretty good.

I'll be away from the game for a week starting thursday so I'll just buy Romagnoli since he'll be going out of packs and hope other players come down a bit in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Don't get sucked in to doing most SBCs lads, a lot of those players become dead very quickly. Left to rot away in hope of a good SBC coming up. Stay liquid if yous can. Chances of getting value for packs is probably abysmal too.

• Advertisement

As predicted Oscar down to 1300 again.

IF prices moved nowhere...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement