Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Only one more week until I get an 85 rated card I'll probably never use :pac:

Screenshot-2019-10-21-at-19-39-49.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Only one more week until I get an 85 rated card I'll probably never use :pac:

Screenshot-2019-10-21-at-19-39-49.png

Fair fúcks that's some dedication, think I'm only on 22 or so.

Redzer7 wrote: »

If there's nothing more to the cards than them just being 85 rated them I probably won't bother for next season, still holding some hope that they can be upgraded further somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

The league specific pack is what I'm after.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Lord TSC wrote: »
    And now I'm wondering if its worth doing that POTM Lewandowski to add to my German team mix. 193k, but get three decent packs back. But his IF ain't far off that anyway.

I’d strongly advise against lewa sbc. Just buy his IF which as you say is almost the same price.

He’s a banker for getting more potm cards and then your stuck with that untradeable.
    Plus, if you get drogba in a few weeks you probably won’t even use lewa anymore.

Def stick with the tradeable IF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Bought two Ibras informs for 24k earlier and sold for 29k just now so maybe there is some profit in them. Hard to predict them, though. Random sales on random days.

Have 200k locked in informs that I don't need now anyway so might just buy more random cheapest
    high(85-87) rated on the market and wait.

Any idea when Icon sbc are to be released?

Hogey007 wrote: »
    I’d strongly advise against lewa sbc. Just buy his IF which as you say is almost the same price.

He’s a banker for getting more potm cards and then your stuck with that untradeable.
    Plus, if you get drogba in a few weeks you probably won’t even use lewa anymore.

Def stick with the tradeable IF

That Lewandowski sbc was less than 100k when it launched. Good deal back then, not so now when other sbc's affected the price badly.

wonski wrote: »
    Bought two Ibras informs for 24k earlier and sold for 29k just now so maybe there is some profit in them. Hard to predict them, though. Random sales on random days.

Have 200k locked in informs that I don't need now anyway so might just buy more random cheapest
    high(85-87) rated on the market and wait.

Any idea when Icon sbc are to be released?
    There’s no icon sbc’s this year. Unless they offer an alternative use for IF’s they’ve no reason to rise other than a small increase when an sbc comes out by people who use futbin for sbc’s.

Supply will far outweigh demand unless they provide an alternative permanent sbc set.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Don't get sucked in to doing most SBCs lads, a lot of those players become dead very quickly. Left to rot away in hope of a good SBC coming up. Stay liquid if yous can. Chances of getting value for packs is probably abysmal too.

I despise staying liquid. It freezes me into not buying cards, cause I'm terrified I'm going to lose coins with "bad investments". At least with some SBCs, you know the coins are gone and you can stop worrying bout it. I've got 1m in the bank, so spending 180k on Bastian (who gets great reviews) is something I'm happy with.

Fair point Hogey with Lew though.

I hate there's no Icon SBCs, as that was so much of the fun for me last year :(

There’s no icon sbc’s this year. Unless they offer an alternative use for IF’s they’ve no reason to rise other than a small increase when an sbc comes out by people who use futbin for sbc’s.

Supply will far outweigh demand unless they provide an alternative permanent sbc set.

I thought they will be released but without Icon requirement...

Damn it.

• Advertisement

The lack of permanent SBCs in general is my biggest problem this year, Icon Swaps is great but they removed so much past content for it. No more Icon SBCs, League SBCs, or FUT Swaps.

The lack of permanent SBCs in general is my biggest problem this year, Icon Swaps is great but they removed so much past content for it. No more Icon SBCs, League SBCs, or FUT Swaps.

No league sbc as well?

I despise staying liquid. It freezes me into not buying cards, cause I'm terrified I'm going to lose coins with "bad investments". At least with some SBCs, you know the coins are gone and you can stop worrying bout it. I've got 1m in the bank, so spending 180k on Bastian (who gets great reviews) is something I'm happy with.

Fair point Hogey with Lew though.

I hate there's no Icon SBCs, as that was so much of the fun for me last year :(

Yeah the lack of icon sbc’s is a killer, plus there’s still no sign of league sbc’s.

It’s making the game so unappealing, as you you’ve said, we’ll end up doing some of the overpriced sbc’s out of boredom.

I’ll probably do that hulk one, very fairly priced with good packs.

wonski wrote: »
    No league sbc as well?

Basically, anything you can plan and invest in preperation for :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Anything that adds more gameplay into the mix is great, in my opinion. This latest grind for the icon pick players is a great change, having to win games with absolutely god awful teams is a nice change and helps understand the game more.

Nice to finally have a reward you have to play the game for.

Yeah, I will say, I do like objectives overall.

I just wish it didn't come at the cost of the SBCs.

I'd have liked some combo of the two...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

RossieMan wrote: »
    Anything that adds more gameplay into the mix is great, in my opinion. This latest grind for the icon pick players is a great change, having to win games with absolutely god awful teams is a nice change and helps understand the game more.

Nice to finally have a reward you have to play the game for.

100% agree. Had great fun in rivals with random squads and players I never usually use. Hope they keep it up with the next batch and I’ll have an icon Pirlo at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

They should have made the flashback and end of an era cards permanent to compensate but I guess the fear of missing out gets more people to do them.

Finished the last two weeks gold objective sets with a silver brazilian team so I'm up to low 80,000 xp now. Got nothing in my premier league players pack.

I haven't packed anything untradeable that would even get close to being in my team this year.

Be cool if they used the new game modes more in objectives, really enjoyed the survival one this week.
    Problem is, because you do be trying to get rivals points or play weekend league it’s hard to get time for those games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Yeah, I will say, I do like objectives overall.

I just wish it didn't come at the cost of the SBCs.

I'd have liked some combo of the two...

Agreed, league SBCs could have been kept imo, kill swaps for icon swaps is fair enough but something to chip away at is always nice.

Also, I have POTM lewa, did him early on, great shot and for winning/holding up balls but I have a fair chunk of buyers remorse, would say 6/10 tbh. I've prefered the Ligue 1 POTM at times so it might just be a style thing (Lewa isn't quick for going in behind or good enough on the ball to drop deep).

• Advertisement

Be cool if they used the new game modes more in objectives, really enjoyed the survival one this week.
    Problem is, because you do be trying to get rivals points or play weekend league it’s hard to get time for those games.

my first game I scored an OG and happened to have found a sound lad, took us about 45 minutes to get the 10 each, even with me having Gradel in goals :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Anyone done the Dzeko scream objs? Now that WL is over and I finished off the online Icon objs last night I was looking at them but they seem pretty miserable tbh. Could buy Lukaku and try to chip away at them but only 3 days left on it already, thought it would've been up for a fortnight :/

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Anyone done the Dzeko scream objs? Now that WL is over and I finished off the online Icon objs last night I was looking at them but they seem pretty miserable tbh. Could buy Lukaku and try to chip away at them but only 3 days left on it already, thought it would've been up for a fortnight :/

It’s nowhere near as bad as it looks. Get Lukaku, Madzukic, zapata and Lozano and put them up top in a 4-2-4 formation. I put finisher chemistry styles on the 3 big lads and a catalyst on Lozano and went ultra attacking from the start. You can get the lethal strike, slow and steady wins and Bosnian diamond objectives done this way because you don’t have to win the rivals match. If you do happen to win the matches you’ll also get the giant slayer objective done. The survive the scream and all the roads lead to Rome objectives are easily done. And Scream Dzeko is worth it, believe me.

I'd do Dzeko if I wasn't trying to chip away at the Icon squad battles.

Not finding them hard. Just super boring.

Got dzeko complete yesterday, haven’t got to use him yet though.

Also completed the hulk sbc, nothing really of note from packs, de ligt was the best pull.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

I'd do Dzeko if I wasn't trying to chip away at the Icon squad battles.

Not finding them hard. Just super boring.

I CANT UNDERSTAND IT - why do they keep having squad battle objectives everybody hates them

seamie78 wrote: »
    I CANT UNDERSTAND IT - why do they keep having squad battle objectives everybody hates them

ah you have to give something to offline players imo, most people won't need all the tokens I would guess, I left the CSL one on the table anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

its just such a grind, don't really mind this time because im settling for just gigs but I know there will be one il want badly enough. are there really many offline players in ultimate

The grind really isn't that bad, like there's still over 2 weeks remaining on these objectives and a lot of people are finished/only one or two tokens away.

• Advertisement

seamie78 wrote: »
    its just such a grind, don't really mind this time because im settling for just gigs but I know there will be one il want badly enough. are there really many offline players in ultimate

ah if you're only getting giggs don't do SBs at all! I only did them because I'm aiming for Zanetti and thought they might throw in a few weird ones in the second half.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement