Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

il need the one to get him

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Beef or Salmon

Who are people going for anyways?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

At this point, Drogba.

Thats presuming the next batch of icon tokens are as easy to get though. I had wanted Rio when I started, but given I only need 2 Champions wins, 2 MLS wins and 3 Chinese wins, I'll easily clear the first batch. So if I get them all, Drogba looks too good to pass up

Speaking of, EOAE Bastian.....holy god, he's fun. Rockets for days. Literally every match, if he gets a shot away from outside the box, it goes in. I've had barely any luck scoring long range shots this year so far, but with Bastian, it literally feels like cheating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Roy Keane card looks ridiculous for a CDM. I’ll be going for him anyway.

Just waiting on the second batch of tokens to come out so I can get the 3 needed. Asked this yesterday but anyone know when the next batch are released?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Just waiting on the second batch of tokens to come out so I can get the 3 needed. Asked this yesterday but anyone know when the next batch are released?

8 November.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Yeah it was between him and Zanetti for me, but I've had Keane early last year and didn't love him... Also thought that RB was a more valuable position to have locked down for the year (although CM icons are handy for easy linking...

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Beef or Salmon

Anyone gonna get 2 cheaper ones? Nesta and someone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

I’d agree on keane, had his prime last year and he was decent but certainly not amazing.
    Stopped using him about February.

Of course this year is a different ball game because other icons won’t be as accessible as last year.

Nesta looks only okay tbh... Carlos + Crespo seems popular, or Carlos and Pep maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Nesta and Roberto for me I think. No real stand out good icon there. Drogba doesn't suit the game at all now I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Ferdinand boys he's a beast, I'll be getting him and then selling my one.

Giggs because left midfielders in the prem are rare enough

seamie78 wrote:

3 star 2 star? Martial looks a better player than him.

It's a tough choice. Will be leaving my players until nearer the end when I see how many I get.

seamie78 wrote: »

I'd be tempted by him too, although people seem put off by his 2* weak foot... I think you could get him and Carlos together right? Fun left side for a few months probably

hadn't thought of carlos was thinking maybe nesta with him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Will have all of the swaps from this round by the end of season 1 and I think I'll end up going for Rivaldo. Nothing particularly special about it but it's the only one that even slightly grabs me, if only for the nostalgia. The closer I get to 23 the more I'll be tempted by Drogba though, especially if the objs are as easy as this round.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Pirlo and Pep for me. Can’t resist Pirlo’s 5* + set pieces

Pirlo and Pep for me. Can’t resist Pirlo’s 5* + set pieces

One of the strangest 5*s ever :pac: If you're going to give him a perfect stat surely you just 99 his passing? Those two in midfield will be tasty though, you can split defence from attack for links and 2 good nations for finding strong links.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

hots wrote: »
    One of the strangest 5*s ever :pac: If you're going to give him a perfect stat surely you just 99 his passing? Those two in midfield will be tasty though, you can split defence from attack for links and 2 good nations for finding strong links.

Exactly. They’ll fit perfectly in my squad, but will find it difficult to say goodbye to Gueye.. unreal player for the coins.

Have you used pirlo? I've used him in multiple drafts and I've always subbed him at half time. He just doesn't play to his stats at all.

It's a real pity they don't have loan versions to let people see which card would suit them. It's tough to grind for a month only to pick a player who doesn't suit the play style.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Champions League cards are back in packs, exact same stats as their regular cards and their regular cards are still in packs, it's just a random chance as to whether you pack a blue one or not, seems incredibly pointless.

Champions League cards are back in packs, exact same stats as their regular cards and their regular cards are still in packs, it's just a random chance as to whether you pack a blue one or not, seems incredibly pointless.

And they've been kind and required 2 for an sbc, which has 23 hours remaining. EA strikes again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

And one of the sbc issued requires two blue cards.

Not a chance I will do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Got a blue Sergio Ramos from ucl marquee matchups!

Packs being kind to me lately

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Got UCL Manu Vallejo

Shame about the stats boost. Made a killing on UCL cards last year but if stats aren't boosted, will probably be harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

There's also some objectives too for ucl cards with a 2 day time limit.

Lenny17123 wrote: »
    There's also some objectives too for ucl cards with a 2 day time limit.

Done the one where you've two win 2 rivals matches with 2 In the starting 11 for rare ucl player. I got Fernandinho fits perfect into my team!

Redzer7 wrote:
    Done the one where you've two win 2 rivals matches with 2 In the starting 11 for rare ucl player. I got Fernandinho fits perfect into my team!

Sell him while his price is high and buy the normal card. Make coins while people are stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Packed 87 ucl Hummels. Sold for 22k while his normal card is around 17k.

If someone bought it for the sbc congratulations lol.

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote: »
    Sell him while his price is high and buy the normal card. Make coins while people are stupid.

Unradeable I think actually I have to check

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement