Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Ha just completed one of the dzeko challenges score 3 with a player under 75 pace or whatever and got an unradeable Oblak :pac:

Edit: Giant Slayer it was.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

It has been a long loooong time.

I picked up FIfa 20 specifically to play FUT. it’s taking a while to get the competence back up and I’m due to play FUT Champions at the weekend. The goal is not to go 0-30 :-D

I started off building a french team but that morphed quickly into a Premier League side after pulling Eriksen, Vertongen, Lucas and Alexander-Arnold.

Then I pulled Griezmann.

Did a bit of sniping and trading in addition to spending some money and the current team looks good on paper.

However, I’m not sure I’m getting the best out of them with a 4-1-2-1-2.

Lloris

TOTW Digne
    Laporte
    Sanchez
    Walker

Sissoko

Martial
    Mahrez

Eriksen

Rashford
    Griezmann

subs: Zaha, Lucas, Alderwiereld, Benzema, Fernandinho, Alexander-Arnold, Fraser.

Any better formations for that group of players that I could consider?

I’m considering selling Griezmann and buying someone like Aguero or Aubameyang. Thoughts?

Also I pulled a TOTW Digne but am I better off selling him and getting Robertson (and pocketing 30k coins?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I honestly have no clue what the point of the blue cards are. The only thing they seem to be needed for is sbcs but I'm not sure what the point of that is because after a few days the low rated ones will be down to a thousand coins anyway.

Scream Romagnoli has dropped another 10k to 90k. Do ye think he'll drop more or is now a good time to buy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Scream Romagnoli has dropped another 10k to 90k. Do ye think he'll drop more or is now a good time to buy ?

My advice would be when you’re happy with his price go ahead and buy him. The game should be about enjoyment primarily and not worrying over when to buy certain players.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Scream cards will be in packs still on Thursday morning, yeah? So they'll drop some mroe at that point too.

Muller down to 250k. Would love to grab him round 200k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Very jealous of some of the pack luck you guys are having. Verratti is the best I’ve pulled all year :(

Trying to do the Dzeko objectives at the minute and they’re pissing me off. Have got more than the 3 rivals wins with a 75 pace & 80 phys player and have got 5 goals from crosses but only 2 of each has registered :/

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

Sold a UCL card, 75 rated Inter LB for 6 grand...madness!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,964 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Sold an otw Jovic for 95k on bid, easily got for 22k bin lol

Edit: took a couple of weeks though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

i packed a UCL player last night inter CM barrella or something.

im away for a week so wouldnt get to do the objectives, sold him for max BIN of 10k while there is a bit of hype, happy out with that!

i must start saving my free packs for when there is new cards being put into packs a day or two later, i just love popping them as soon as i see them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

I have to say, I love the new pack opening on screen with the pumpkins and all outside the door, bats flying then for a walkout etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Winning in two games this morning to get the ucl cards and get disconnected. Don't have the game a fortnight and I'm starting to remember why I gave it up.

Edit: 3 from 3, what a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Bought scream alli for 250 to use as cdm, looking forward to seeing him in action later

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Scream cards will be in packs still on Thursday morning, yeah? So they'll drop some mroe at that point too.

Muller down to 250k. Would love to grab him round 200k.

Same here, with POTM Lew waiting he's almost a must-get, also hopign for around 200k. He looks like an insane CAM and with Perisic in the mix too means the hybrid is easy to make.

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Very jealous of some of the pack luck you guys are having. Verratti is the best I’ve pulled all year :(

Trying to do the Dzeko objectives at the minute and they’re pissing me off. Have got more than the 3 rivals wins with a 75 pace & 80 phys player and have got 5 goals from crosses but only 2 of each has registered :/

That's very annoying, I found the wins grand but the crosses very tough, I had a couple not register too. I think getting to the bye-line and then a light cross or drilled cross for a volley cut back across the box works nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Packed UCL Can last night which was a nice 10k straight off the bat. Like everyone else don't see the point of them this year outside of EA using them to drive pack purchases. But even then the SBC that requires 2x UCL Common you'd be spending probably 16k on two players in order to get a Rare Electrum pack, just not worth it imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

The scream cards surely have to be a safe investment. Possibly gonna buy a Scream Alli tomorrow when he's at his lowest, he can surely only rise when out of packs.

Thepoet85 wrote:
    Winning in two games this morning to get the ucl cards and get disconnected. Don't have the game a fortnight and I'm starting to remember why I gave it up.

I've now gone 12 games this morning. Managed to get one rage quit and the other 11 have all been disconnects. Was winning 10 of the 11 when I got cut off.

High speed broadband, perfect gameplay and 5 bars in every match. Any suggestions at all?

I'm losing my mind here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

hots wrote: »
    That's very annoying, I found the wins grand but the crosses very tough, I had a couple not register too. I think getting to the bye-line and then a light cross or drilled cross for a volley cut back across the box works nicely.

It was extremely annoying. Took way longer than it should've, took a few beatings as well because in the end I wasn't even playing properly, just shifting the ball out wide even if I was through on goal and attempting crosses.

Was going to switch off after I finally got it but decided to give the Survival thing a go and got completely lucky. Let other guy score his first goal and he must've been only after the Obj too because we just swapped the 10 goals.

Don't get the point in the UCL cards either. In the free two player pack I got some 75 rated CM along with Willy Caballero so won't be doing much in the way of obj's with them and I'm not buying packs just to get usable first owned players :rolleyes:

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    I've now gone 12 games this morning. Managed to get one rage quit and the other 11 have all been disconnects. Was winning 10 of the 11 when I got cut off.

High speed broadband, perfect gameplay and 5 bars in every match. Any suggestions at all?

I'm losing my mind here.

Your connection must be dropping for a split second every so often. Used to happen to me too, I would disconnect from literally every game of FIFA and have several disconnects playing other online games too. My problem was caused by a powerline adapter issue which took me weeks to figure out. I can't imagine your issue is the same as mine but I'm sure it's caused by mini connection drops. I would be kicked from PSN parties when it happened also, so might be worth setting up a party just with you in it to see if you're kicked from that also.

correction wrote:
    Your connection must be dropping for a split second every so often. Used to happen to me too, I would disconnect from literally every game of FIFA and have several disconnects playing other online games too. My problem was caused by a powerline adapter issue which took me weeks to figure out. I can't imagine your issue is the same as mine but I'm sure it's caused by mini connection drops. I would be kicked from PSN parties when it happened also, so might be worth setting up a party just with you in it to see if you're kicked from that also.

That certainly could be the problem. I never get disconnected when in the menus, only when mid game.

I've never had the issue before, and my internet doesn't drop on any other devices.

I'm now sitting in Div 10 rivals with a skill score of zero. A massive fall from grace from when I was a gold 1/ Elite 3 WL player in 18 ha.

I'll keep plugging away and hopefully find a solution.

• Advertisement

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    It was extremely annoying. Took way longer than it should've, took a few beatings as well because in the end I wasn't even playing properly, just shifting the ball out wide even if I was through on goal and attempting crosses.

Was going to switch off after I finally got it but decided to give the Survival thing a go and got completely lucky. Let other guy score his first goal and he must've been only after the Obj too because we just swapped the 10 goals.

Don't get the point in the UCL cards either. In the free two player pack I got some 75 rated CM along with Willy Caballero so won't be doing much in the way of obj's with them and I'm not buying packs just to get usable first owned players :rolleyes:

I literally did the same thing, also making IF Plea force assists was a bit ridiculous at times, even playing as a false 9 he'd still be through on goal and you'd have to hold up the ball and wait for someone to catch up for the tap in

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Tasty looking totw and a nice upgrade for my otw Ben yedder, or anyone with a otw griezmann

Griezmann lw as red pick would be a dream for my current team

https://twitter.com/easportsfifa/status/1187005760393240576?s=21

Hope we all enjoy our Yerry Mina's tomorrow.

That doucoure looks a half decent option, liked his base card this year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Strongly thinking about getting Roberto Carlos now out of my icon swaps, have 11 at the moment, I know he has high/high someone talk me out of it :pac:

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Strongly thinking about getting Roberto Carlos now out of my icon swaps, have 11 at the moment, I know he has high/high someone talk me out of it :pac:

Do you play attacking FBs? Pretty much decides it imo, if not he doesn't look worth it to me.

Redzer7 wrote: »

Who needs giggs left wing when you can have carlow left wing back ðŸ˜

Leaning towards building this for the weekend....

sKCZxWk.png

Ooof, hang on, ignore that Kroos/Hernandez red link, lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Your defense looks terrible. You'll be ripped apart.

Sule needs someone with a lot of pace beside him or he's not a great CB.

Perisic isn't great either, you seem to have coins, surely you could get militao, Mendy and go that route? Much more playable.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement