Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,852 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Hogey007 wrote: »
    https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/510647/fifa-20-title-update-5

Drop back getting nerfed in latest patch it seems,

No improvements to crossing or heading :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

ShaneU wrote: »
    No improvements to crossing or heading :rolleyes:

Happy days :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Got the Scream Ozil last night but haven't had a chance to use him. Because as soon as I got the second chip shot I couldn't take another minute of FIFA. Was trying all day to get it and I swear there was something going on that knew I was after it. I thought I got it twice and for some reason neither chipped goal counted towards the Objective. One I understand as keeper was out of his goal. But the other I chipped right over him and didn't register which had me fuming.

Anyway now have that card and Eriksen and unsure whether to cash in on Erkiksen or jsut use him instead of the Scream Ozil.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Haven't even started Scream Ozil yet, might not get him now depending no how long it takes to get the chips.

Couple of questions though for people, what are people's opinions on Sissoko vs. OTW Ndombele? I feel like I'm the only person not to have tried Sissoko yet :o

Anyone used that German POTM Harit much? Thinking about doing the SBC for it to have him as a bench CAM but his weak foot is putting me off a little, at least enough to wait and see whether the market tanks further and the SBC gets cheaper.

Frisbee wrote: »
    Got the Scream Ozil last night but haven't had a chance to use him. Because as soon as I got the second chip shot I couldn't take another minute of FIFA. Was trying all day to get it and I swear there was something going on that knew I was after it. I thought I got it twice and for some reason neither chipped goal counted towards the Objective. One I understand as keeper was out of his goal. But the other I chipped right over him and didn't register which had me fuming.

Anyway now have that card and Eriksen and unsure whether to cash in on Erkiksen or jsut use him instead of the Scream Ozil.

Yeah I found it hard enough to get the chips as nobody would bring their keepers out once I had premier league players up front they knew what they were doing.

Enjoyed getting my second chip goal though as the lad I was playing against was a bollocks, was only short of pulling my top over my head and running around the gaf celebrating Haha.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Couple of questions though for people, what are people's opinions on Sissoko vs. OTW Ndombele? I feel like I'm the only person not to have tried Sissoko yet :o

Use both, but both are very different players.

Sissoko is incredibly though. Fast, strong, defensive and pops up with loads of goals. Honestly think he's an absolute steal for his price.

Ndombele is more agile and creative, but I reckon there's multiple players who'd achieve the same role he does. Sissoko feels like a mini-Kante, and I'll have to spend 200+ plus to get a decent replacement.

I love the player objectives this year, makes me actually play the game.

Otw Ndombele, Roberto Carlos, Scream Ozil and soon to be Crespo.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Use both, but both are very different players.

Sissoko is incredibly though. Fast, strong, defensive and pops up with loads of goals. Honestly think he's an absolute steal for his price.

Ndombele is more agile and creative, but I reckon there's multiple players who'd achieve the same role he does. Sissoko feels like a mini-Kante, and I'll have to spend 200+ plus to get a decent replacement.

Was thinking about buying him just to have a go with him. Don’t want to drop Verratti from the other CM spot though so it’s kinda a one or the other situation with him and Ndombele who has been great for me, gets through so much work and doesn’t seem to tire that much.

Thinking about finally buying a Rashford too for the craic since I’ll have to get the chip goals with somebody and the only decent PL striker I have is Vardy. I swear every time I play him people just have him finessing shots from outside the box.

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Was thinking about buying him just to have a go with him. Don’t want to drop Verratti from the other CM spot though so it’s kinda a one or the other situation with him and Ndombele who has been great for me, gets through so much work and doesn’t seem to tire that much.

Thinking about finally buying a Rashford too for the craic since I’ll have to get the chip goals with somebody and the only decent PL striker I have is Vardy. I swear every time I play him people just have him finessing shots from outside the box.

Just a heads up, I hated Rashford, was using him for this objective too but he's honestly dirt. Then again it could just be me that was using him wrong Haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

for the chips objective for ozil the ball cant touch the ground before crossing the line, if anyone is still trying to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Started now with only one German player (Werner) and one PL Martial.

2 goals from Werner and one chip from Martial in first game.

Gonna do whole German and PL squad, though. Should be much easier that way.

These are the only two objectives left for me so should be easy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Yeah I found it hard enough to get the chips as nobody would bring their keepers out once I had premier league players up front they knew what they were doing.

Enjoyed getting my second chip goal though as the lad I was playing against was a bollocks, was only short of pulling my top over my head and running around the gaf celebrating Haha.

I had a load of attempts but it was like FIFA knew I was going for the Objective and I must have hit the post 4 or 5 times I reckon.

The one I eventually got I've no idea how it worked. Had Haller up front a ball got played into him at the edge of the box surrounded by opposition players, wasn't even a counter attack. Was so frustrated I just chanced my arm and somehow clipped it just over the keeper head.

Just a heads up, I hated Rashford, was using him for this objective too but he's honestly dirt. Then again it could just be me that was using him wrong Haha.

Scratch that. Just bought Gab Jesus because I seen it mentioned that he has a chip shot trait.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭oleard1987

Done my first ever Wl and taught it went pretty okay 14-14 and didnt bother with the last two games

Playe with the following team

Kepa
    Bellerin rudiger gomez van aanholt
    Willian kovacic fernandinho costa
    Rashford Moura

Subs: Torreira,Vardy,Zaha ,Willian,Taison,Angelino ,Alexander arnold

Any where i can improve

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Frisbee wrote: »
    I had a load of attempts but it was like FIFA knew I was going for the Objective and I must have hit the post 4 or 5 times I reckon.

The one I eventually got I've no idea how it worked. Had Haller up front a ball got played into him at the edge of the box surrounded by opposition players, wasn't even a counter attack. Was so frustrated I just chanced my arm and somehow clipped it just over the keeper head.

I still have nightmares about the “luck of the Irish” objective in fifa18 where I wanted to get the fut birthday Rooney, you had to score via the post in a divisions match, I must’ve hit the post about 20 times over 15 games before it eventually hit the post and went in.

oleard1987 wrote: »
    Done my first ever Wl and taught it went pretty okay 14-14 and didnt bother with the last two games

Playe with the following team

Kepa
    Bellerin rudiger gomez van aanholt
    Willian kovacic fernandinho costa
    Rashford Moura

Subs: Torreira,Vardy,Zaha ,Willian,Taison,Angelino ,Alexander arnold

Any where i can improve

What's your budget?

What's your budget?

I dont have a budget at the moment :D,just spent my last 20k on Ederson as felt i needed an upgrade on Kepa

Will have my rewards coming on Thursday for 14 wins so hopefully will bit of a better budget come Friday

Still debating whether to get andy robertson

I dont have a budget at the moment :D,just spent my last 20k on Ederson as felt i needed an upgrade on Kepa

Will have my rewards coming on Thursday for 14 wins so hopefully will bit of a better budget come Friday

Still debating whether to get andy robertson

I'd definitely upgrade your CMs first before anything, get rid of kovacic first for Sissoko if you can aford him, if not Ndombele.

I'd definitely upgrade your CMs first before anything, get rid of kovacic first for Sissoko if you can aford him, if not Ndombele.

I have Ndombele in reserves ,I normally swap them every second game
    Kovacic would normally get me 1/2 goals a game from late run to the box

My reserves are Ndombele,Ake,Maddison and Jovic

I have Ndombele in reserves ,I normally swap them every second game
    Kovacic would normally get me 1/2 goals a game from late run to the box

My reserves are Ndombele,Ake,Maddison and Jovic

If it was me I'd have Ndombele ahead of him but Sissoko ahead of both.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

chips1234 wrote: »
    for the chips objective for ozil the ball cant touch the ground before crossing the line, if anyone is still trying to do it.

So, i 100% had a chip shot I scored with Ozil that didn't touch the ground. Still didn't register. Super annoyed cause I spent the afternoon trying to get it, finally get one and it doesn't register :/

So there’s an sbc to get a badge of a rat, it’s called the Black Plague.

Genuinely starting to think fifa is one elaborate Truman show style prank to see how far they can push people:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Lord TSC wrote: »
    So, i 100% had a chip shot I scored with Ozil that didn't touch the ground. Still didn't register. Super annoyed cause I spent the afternoon trying to get it, finally get one and it doesn't register :/

i def read nepenthez tweet it, no idea then keep trying i guess :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Lord TSC wrote:

You've to lob the keeper apparently. Can't be a simple lob goal. Has to be over the keeper. Not sure how it registers but that's apparently a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

From reading this form it looks like I got seriously lucky with my chips, got three in two games.

Where are people playing sissoko?

I have rodri holding with I'd doucoure on one side and Ailí on the other.

Would he be better to have in the team over any of them?

Rodri and Ailí are untradables and I love if doucoure ha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I was 1-0 until the 88th minute in a game against super fella with an excellent team. I'm trying to do the Serie A first owner objective with a pretty ropey team, and he scored twice at the end to make it 2-1.

Then he ran the ball into his own net twice to give me the win because I was doing the clearly objective and not using drop back.

Very seldom you meet a sound FIFA player online! Though unfortunately I made a balls of my team and didn't swap a duplicate bought player with a first owner one, so I didn't even get the win for the objective as I only had 6 first owned players :pac: :pac:

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    From reading this form it looks like I got seriously lucky with my chips, got three in two games.

Where are people playing sissoko?

I have rodri holding with I'd doucoure on one side and Ailí on the other.

Would he be better to have in the team over any of them?

Rodri and Ailí are untradables and I love if doucoure ha
    I'd have sissoko in ahead of all of those.
    He's so overpowered this year it's unbelievable.

v3ttel wrote: »
    I was 1-0 until the 88th minute in a game against super fella with an excellent team. I'm trying to do the Serie A first owner objective with a pretty ropey team, and he scored twice at the end to make it 2-1.

Then he ran the ball into his own net twice to give me the win because I was doing the clearly objective and not using drop back.

Very seldom you meet a sound FIFA player online! Though unfortunately I made a balls of my team and didn't swap a duplicate bought player with a first owner one, so I didn't even get the win for the objective as I only had 6 first owned players :pac: :pac:

Haha yeah majority of fifa players I come up against are such pr!cks.

With the one where we needed silver goals a few weeks back I was using Daniel James for it.

I was losing 5-0 and got clean through on goal in injury time and your man milled me out of it, taking a red card just to prevent me scoring with a silver.

Thought, ok he was nob, about 2 games later I’m 3 down going into final stages and I kid you not, the exact same thing happened, another guy took a red rather than let me score when the goal was irrelevant.

I don’t let it make me become one of them though, if someone isn’t being a douche and I can see they’re trying to do an objective I’ll try help them out, was 4-1 up on a guy tonight and he clearly needed the chip because he kept trying it over and over so we just spent the last 20 mins with me passing the ball to his striker and rushing out my keeper for him to chip. He eventually got it, I won 4-2, his goal made no odds to me but might make his evening a little more enjoyable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭djan

Just got scream mesut. What chem style would you recommend? I'm thinking either engine, deadeye or hunter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Jesus, this is actually insane.

I said I'd play until I win my second game with this first owner Serie A team. Well, 7 hours later, I've literally lost 600 skill rating in div rivals.

Something is definitely wrong. I mean, losing games is grand and I'm not a good player, but how can I go having a decent record to losing like 12 straight? I don't think I've ever lost 4 in a row in all my years of playing FUT.

I'm subbing in 3 players straight away, dunno if I'm being penalised for that. I am using a third party controller for the first time, but again, dunno if that makes any difference at all.

Feels like all my players are stuck in the mud. Even Messi turns like an artic lorry. One of my opponents passed it straight to my Insigne in front of the goal, he took 3 touches before shooting, despite me shooting first time because the goal was open.

It's like everything is delayed by 1-2 seconds or something.

It can't all be me just being rubbish....even if I am rubbish and have suddenly forgotten how to play the game, you'd imagine you'd knick a win against lads that were like 2-3 division lower than you at some point.

Have tried different formations & tactics, but still the same. Has anyone had something similar?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement