Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

v3ttel wrote: »
    Jesus, this is actually insane.

I said I'd play until I win my second game with this first owner Serie A team. Well, 7 hours later, I've literally lost 600 skill rating in div rivals.

Something is definitely wrong. I mean, losing games is grand and I'm not a good player, but how can I go having a decent record to losing like 12 straight? I don't think I've ever lost 4 in a row in all my years of playing FUT.

I'm subbing in 3 players straight away, dunno if I'm being penalised for that. I am using a third party controller for the first time, but again, dunno if that makes any difference at all.

Feels like all my players are stuck in the mud. Even Messi turns like an artic lorry. One of my opponents passed it straight to my Insigne in front of the goal, he took 3 touches before shooting, despite me shooting first time because the goal was open.

It's like everything is delayed by 1-2 seconds or something.

It can't all be me just being rubbish....even if I am rubbish and have suddenly forgotten how to play the game, you'd imagine you'd knick a win against lads that were like 2-3 division lower than you at some point.

Have tried different formations & tactics, but still the same. Has anyone had something similar?

I think it’s all mind games man. When I lose 3 or 4 on the bounce, I usually take a break. Go do something else, watch a tv show, play a different game, go out etc. It’s good to clear your mind every now and then from FIFA. I usually come back fresh faced and back to my normal ways!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,964 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I try not to tinker too much despite poor results, keep 'er lit and carry on lol. You tinker, then think maybe the tinkering caused the latest defeat so you tinker more, then revert back to the original after another defeat, beaten again so you tinker again. Rinse and repeat lol.

Tis an almighty bad run that right enough pmsl. Tis only a game dude. I got beat 12-2 the other night, could've been worse, was nine nil at one stage 😀

I try not to tinker too much despite poor results, keep 'er lit and carry on lol. You tinker, then think maybe the tinkering caused the latest defeat so you tinker more, then revert back to the original after another defeat, beaten again so you tinker again. Rinse and repeat lol.

Tis an almighty bad run that right enough pmsl. Tis only a game dude. I got beat 12-2 the other night, could've been worse, was nine nil at one stage 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Met a nice guy who let me chip, I let him do volleys :)

Took me few quits, but better that than wondering if that one in that game will count tbh.

Sat down to do some squad battles, completed the five MLS ones, no chance in doing the other ten! I just don't enjoy playing against the 'computer':(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Liamalone wrote: »
    Sat down to do some squad battles, completed the five MLS ones, no chance in doing the other ten! I just don't enjoy playing against the 'computer':(

Same here. Did 1 out of 3 and just can't see the other ones being done anytime soon.

When I got 8 swaps I stopped doing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

wonski wrote: »
    Same here. Did 1 out of 3 and just can't see the other ones being done anytime soon.

Slap on spotify, get a couple of goals and then just take it easy, bit boring but didnt find it that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Bought the IF griezmann left winger to try instead of martial.
    Will give Ben yedder a try upfront with him now he had the upgrade and allows me to try the storyline tolisso as cm with kante cdm and pogba as cm with license to go forward.

(I’ll probably get dembele as rw and switching to cam in game or can use martial there on 7 chem)

Might end up going back to auba and sterling as enjoyed them but want to give all my untradeable French players a fair chance in this weeks wl.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

wonski wrote: »

Did all but the CSL one, unless you're going for Drogba or 2 icons that are close to the 24 tokens then you should be grand skipping some

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

v3ttel wrote: »
    Jesus, this is actually insane.

I said I'd play until I win my second game with this first owner Serie A team. Well, 7 hours later, I've literally lost 600 skill rating in div rivals.

Something is definitely wrong. I mean, losing games is grand and I'm not a good player, but how can I go having a decent record to losing like 12 straight? I don't think I've ever lost 4 in a row in all my years of playing FUT.

I'm subbing in 3 players straight away, dunno if I'm being penalised for that. I am using a third party controller for the first time, but again, dunno if that makes any difference at all.

Feels like all my players are stuck in the mud. Even Messi turns like an artic lorry. One of my opponents passed it straight to my Insigne in front of the goal, he took 3 touches before shooting, despite me shooting first time because the goal was open.

It's like everything is delayed by 1-2 seconds or something.

It can't all be me just being rubbish....even if I am rubbish and have suddenly forgotten how to play the game, you'd imagine you'd knick a win against lads that were like 2-3 division lower than you at some point.

Have tried different formations & tactics, but still the same. Has anyone had something similar?

This is going to sound a little obvious but, just in case, you hardly stopped playing for a while and missed that they’ve fixed the fitness glitch? As in you have to top up your team’s fitness again now but you’re “running” around with lads on empty?

As for your division, I wouldn’t worry, from messing around trying to do objectives I’m swimming around in Div 7 and still meeting 86 rated teams.

• Advertisement

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    This is going to sound a little obvious but, just in case, you hardly stopped playing for a while and missed that they’ve fixed the fitness glitch? As in you have to top up your team’s fitness again now but you’re “running” around with lads on empty?

As for your division, I wouldn’t worry, from messing around trying to do objectives I’m swimming around in Div 7 and still meeting 86 rated teams.

Losing 12 straight is surely a connection problem or something? Fitness is a good shout too... With matchmaking it's got to be worse than just having a poor run of form

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Bought the IF griezmann left winger to try instead of martial.
    Will give Ben yedder a try upfront with him now he had the upgrade and allows me to try the storyline tolisso as cm with kante cdm and pogba as cm with license to go forward.

(I’ll probably get dembele as rw and switching to cam in game or can use martial there on 7 chem)

Might end up going back to auba and sterling as enjoyed them but want to give all my untradeable French players a fair chance in this weeks wl.

Let me know what you think of Griezmann. I was tempted to grab him last night cause I have a few French players, and am loving Pogba so want a french LW to match.

Am tempted to try IF Griezmann and Mid Trezgret next time I play weekend league

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Adamcp898 wrote: »

Yep, I'm applying fitness (in either on individual players or on the squad) after nearly every game.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Let me know what you think of Griezmann. I was tempted to grab him last night cause I have a few French players, and am loving Pogba so want a french LW to match.

Am tempted to try IF Griezmann and Mid Trezgret next time I play weekend league

Will do. Should get to play 2 or 3 rivals games later but I suppose the real test will be the wl.
    Picked up dembele after too so it’s an all French midfield/attack.

The lw for griezmann was what really drew me too him as he fits my team a lot better there in 4-3-3 with an in game switch to 4-1-2-1-2.

Going to just sell auba and sterling tomorrow as want to give the lads a proper try and I think I’d very quickly switch back to my prem team if I started badly in wl.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

Anyone on Xbox fancy a 10-10 mysterball game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Is aubem worth the coins?

I could just about push it for him but would leave me with around 50-100k at best...

The arsenal fan in me is eyeing a Wright aubameyang and scream ozil front line ha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

have you played with Ozil yet? he's really not great at all. terrible positioning and stats just dont seem to match how he plays.

Sickened i didnt push for Dzeko, from what ive seen he looked very good!

I actually liked Ozil's base card when doing the objectives for him. I like my #10s to be agile and felt he fit in well. Actually looking forward to giving his Scream card a whirl.

Got the chip goals and assists done this morning. Don't think the mystery ball and squad battles will be hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Yeah but I've only played two games, I kinda like him to be honest think he's got 2 or 3 assists and a goal in two games and I wasn't playing great.

Maybe as he's an arsenal player I look on him fondly but time will tell, also really like if maddison there dunno what ya thought of him?

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    Yeah but I've only played two games, I kinda like him to be honest think he's got 2 or 3 assists and a goal in two games and I wasn't playing great.

Maybe as he's an arsenal player I look on him fondly but time will tell, also really like if maddison there dunno what ya thought of him?

Oooh, I actually liked Maddison too.

I think different people will like different types of players in certain positions.

Like...I love my CMs to be army tanks, and I love my #10s to be agile, smaller guys with good passing. Ozil and Maddison fit the bill so far for that.

• Advertisement

Lads any way to turn the commentators off this year? I listen to spotify through the PS4 but can't bop away without some prick telling me I missed a sitter Haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I actually liked Ozil's base card when doing the objectives for him. I like my #10s to be agile and felt he fit in well. Actually looking forward to giving his Scream card a whirl.

Got the chip goals and assists done this morning. Don't think the mystery ball and squad battles will be hard.

Got them done in two games. Just messaged my opponent on mystery ball. I needed the full 10, he gave em to me and he only needed 3 so I gave them to him too. Straight forward enough... surprised people are agreeing to help each other in FUT :pac:

Is aubem worth the coins?

I could just about push it for him but would leave me with around 50-100k at best...

The arsenal fan in me is eyeing a Wright aubameyang and scream ozil front line ha

For me he was worth the coins, good on the ball, great finishing and is obviously pacey which is important this year.
    He suits my style of play, but then as others said different people like different strikers, I could never really take to the likes of lewa or Kane who have lethal shooting but that bit slower.

I’m only selling auba now because I want to try out some of my French players and I won’t get to play the wl the weekend after this, the new icon swaps will be out then so I think as people start redeeming their tokens for icons, base players like auba will take a hit price wise so just selling him for now and might buy back in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

find Maddison very good. great all rounder, but no standout brilliant area. just a good solid CM pick.

RossieMan wrote: »
    have you played with Ozil yet? he's really not great at all. terrible positioning and stats just dont seem to match how he plays.

Sickened i didnt push for Dzeko, from what ive seen he looked very good!

you definitely wouldn't like Dzeko, he's nowhere near top level imo, have Red Lew and bearing in mind they're similar enough style Lew is streets ahead.

Hogey007 wrote: »

Need a LW - ST position change or a ST Neymar :pac:
    Be still happy to pack him in my red picks tho.

Take your pick lads
    IMG-20191030-153124.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Hey Lads, have avoided fifa until now, Mrs Rock just gave me a copy for the birthday, seen as UT is all i played on previous fifas, just want to know is it as glitchy as last year, should i open, play and become crazy, or get my money back and stay calm, lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Hey Lads, have avoided fifa until now, Mrs Rock just gave me a copy for the birthday, seen as UT is all i played on previous fifas, just want to know is it as glitchy as last year, should i open, play and become crazy, or get my money back and stay calm, lol

Nah open it, play it, get hooked and become crazy again. I was the same was going to avoid it this year and the missus got it for me as a present. I tried telling her I'd be far more productive without it but here we are again ha ha

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement