Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

1st game, my opening team of 74ovr meets a team of 86ovr, i have 17 shots 14 on target, to his 3 and 2, i lost 2-1

Think im done already, seems harder to build a squad from scratch without spending money, maybe im wrong but thats how it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I didn't do too bad in rewards all things considered.

Gold 3 picks were Ilicic and Nkoulou. Modric, Manolas and Alderweireld from WL and Rivals packs so very pleased with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Think im done already, seems harder to build a squad from scratch without spending money, maybe im wrong but thats how it seems

I think its easier. I only have the game a few weeks and have 500k. It took grinding out squad battles and rivals for a few weeks to get going. I'm using the bronze pack method (time consuming) which is profitable, but also got lucky and packed in form Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

So with the profits from CR7 I bought 89 Scholes, 90 Best and 90 Van Nistelrooy.

Scholes is quality with Hunter. His passing and shooting are ridiculous.

Best is best player I’ve used in FIFA.

RVN feels very clunky. He’s still got 4 goals in 3 but he’s not great in build up play.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Highest rated from 6 packs was an 82 rated gk. Crazy pack weight this year.

Yup, especially in rivals. Got nothing of note from them at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Anybody know what the “storyline” players are and how you get them?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Doyler92 wrote: »
    Anybody know what the “storyline” players are and how you get them?

These are the three players you unlock when reaching level 30, choice of Zaha, Tolisso and Real RW.

wonski wrote: »
    These are the three players you unlock when reaching level 30, choice of Zaha, Tolisso and Real RW.

And where do I find that? Is it one of them season progress things?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Doyler92 wrote: »
    And where do I find that? Is it one of them season progress things?

Yes. That's the one at the end.

wonski wrote: »
    Yes. That's the one at the end.

Perfect. Thanks a lot for your help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Played a few games yesterday and my team felt like they were back to normal. Messi, Insigne, etc turning rapidly, rather than like a bus.

I think it was probably a combination of things, apparently there is a theory that when you start FUT, you are linked to an EA server, you could get one further away (based on server load of the more optimal ones for you) and therefore your gameplay will feel bad and have some delay. Not sure how true that is.

Also went back to using the normal PS controller rather than the third party one, but no idea if that makes any difference.

Probably I was also not playing as rubbish as the day before too, but it's hard to do anything when you feel like you have bronzes!

Anyone on ps4 up for getting the ozil mystery ball objective done in one game gimme a shot. Can't find a game online at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    I think its easier. I only have the game a few weeks and have 500k. It took grinding out squad battles and rivals for a few weeks to get going. I'm using the bronze pack method (time consuming) which is profitable, but also got lucky and packed in form Kane.

7 wins, 3 losses now in matches, made a few coins to invest in some basic liverpool players to get my squad rating up to 80ovr, and beat some good teams, Callum Wilson is my Josh King from last year, 8 goals in 6 games, Naby Keita 8 assists in 10, hopefully if i stay rank 1 for next week, i'll be able to invest in far better players

7 wins, 3 losses now in matches, made a few coins to invest in some basic liverpool players to get my squad rating up to 80ovr, and beat some good teams, Callum Wilson is my Josh King from last year, 8 goals in 6 games, Naby Keita 8 assists in 10, hopefully if i stay rank 1 for next week, i'll be able to invest in far better players

Wilson also my top scorer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

i recently got joe gomez in to center half and hes very good, was selling at 900coins yeterday on xbox, rudiger also very good on a budget

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

v3ttel wrote: »
    Played a few games yesterday and my team felt like they were back to normal. Messi, Insigne, etc turning rapidly, rather than like a bus.

I think it was probably a combination of things, apparently there is a theory that when you start FUT, you are linked to an EA server, you could get one further away (based on server load of the more optimal ones for you) and therefore your gameplay will feel bad and have some delay. Not sure how true that is.

Also went back to using the normal PS controller rather than the third party one, but no idea if that makes any difference.

Probably I was also not playing as rubbish as the day before too, but it's hard to do anything when you feel like you have bronzes!

Your 3rd party controller hardly has a turbo button or something weird on it? I vaguely remember in the PS2 days struggling on Need 4 Speed and it was because the Turbo button had flicked on and it effectively was "tapping" the accelerator :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Take a look at Raul Jiminez up top, hes cheap and decent.

Ox in the middle alongside Milner seems ok so far for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Scream Chong!!

Also scream pique, both look fairly decent priced at first glance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Ah so that's why all my Oscars finally sold

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Don't run a La Liga team but will probably get that Scream Pique, bought a couple of Isco's for it at least. Will probably just do Chong because he's cheap and in case I want to make a United themed team down the line :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Just packed the 80 rated Mendy from Real Madrid and sold for 46k, how is he worth so much???
    Strange game at times.

Btw delighted all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Absolutely nothing from rewards, but packed UCL Griezmann from the MM packs!

I only bought mbappe on Saturday, and was in the middle of saving for Griezmann next since I was broke. That's probably the first time I packed a player I really needed to use.

Did Scream pique, he fits my team so nicely, can pair him with ucl Ramos and play my untradeable de gea on full chem in goal.
    Sold ter stegen for 62k, he’s jumped 20k since this sbc came out which shows how popular it is.

Also have IF semedo lb so again a perfect link for pique.

Did the Chong sbc too. As a united fan I couldn’t pass.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Scream Chong!!

OMG! Thats amazing!

AND HE'S A DUTCH PL PLAYER TOO! Instantly fits in with Malen.

So happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,964 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Did Scream pique.

Interested in knowing what he's like, could be tempted.

Liamalone wrote: »
    Interested in knowing what he's like, could be tempted.

I’ll be using him in wl tomorrow. Will let you know.

His stats look very good for this stage of the game for an sbc that costs 100k. I’m sure we all have untradeables that bring that down too.

Shadow chem sorts out his pace

If you can work him into your team I’d go for it but will let you know tomorrow how I find him anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,964 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I'm running a La Liga team with Lenglet and Varane at CB, should be able to fit him in if he's decent lol. Ta

Liamalone wrote: »
    I'm running a La Liga team with Lenglet and Varane at CB, should be able to fit him in if he's decent lol. Ta

Ah cool, I had been using lenglet so I’ll def be able to give you a good review on if he’s worth replacing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Sold 91 Dinho for 2.8 mil, man what a player, raging selling him but really want to try Eusebio out as I had him last year and he's the best player I've ever used bar 90 Gullit.

Hopefully some time this year I'll have Dinho and Eusebio both in the team.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Have grabbed Aguero for the weekend. Gonna try pairing him up front with Salah. Had been tempted to grab an icon but figured I'd try Aguero first.

I really wanna work that Pique into my squad (and will probably do him anyway), but just can't currently...at least, not without dropping Bastian.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement