Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Waiting to see reviews on Pique before dropping the coins on him... looks a really solid card though. Very well priced too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

packed son in rewards and best red was nkoulou, cant complain improved team for weekend league this week team is looking like this atm

https://www.futbin.com/20/squad/10339058

feel its pretty solid with zero money invested, and only started 2 weeks ago and plays really well too. will try get the pique scream, have de jong also on bench.

any suggestions ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Start de Jong in stead of Costa. Play 4-1-2-1-2(2) and play dembele as an ST on 7 chem. Benzema and Suarez is too slow to be effective in this game. You need some pace up top or you'll get murdered against any half decent opponent. Where have you put your Son money?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

RossieMan wrote: »
    Start de Jong in stead of Costa. Play 4-1-2-1-2(2) and play dembele as an ST on 7 chem. Benzema and Suarez is too slow to be effective in this game. You need some pace up top or you'll get murdered against any half decent opponent. Where have you put your Son money?

its two of us playing the account, i want the formation you said, he prefers wingers cos cant play through the middle, when i play i have casemiro cdm de jong cm rakitic cm modric cam, i honestly dont mind the strikers, i tend to not play using the pace too much(i know the pace is op) but have found it fine for the most part, i did want to use bale> benzema as RF though.

son money is locked up for now till i get an idea of what to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Might try weekend league this week, haven't played WL in about 6 months

Just want the 9 wins fir the token but knowing my form that will be a big struggle.

Use to get 14-18 wins last Fifa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Might try weekend league this week, haven't played WL in about 6 months

Just want the 9 wins fir the token but knowing my form that will be a big struggle.

Use to get 14-18 wins last Fifa.

same as yourself would love to try get the 9 and get out but just wont get a chance this weekend to get more than 5 games in id say so im gonna have to miss out on that one.

will try get the 5 wins in squad battles with the dutch league team which will also get me the other one for 6 wins with a gold squad...

will leave me with 10 tokens from 12 which id be happy enough with.

Wrighty here i come!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Got untradeable Dybala and Umtiti from my div rivals rewards, nice but no direct fit. That pique looks good enough that I'm considering, have Spanish la liga in forms sitting on the tradepile too so would take a bit of the cost out of it.

when is the best time to do SBC's?

i also find prices rise as soon as they are released as people try to get them done asap but is it better to wait it out until they are nearly finished when prices may have come down a bit?

wouldnt mind going chong but he doesnt fit my team at the moment so would be doing him to use in the future so dont want to spend more than 15-20k on him currently futbin has the xbox cost at around 33k...

Looks like he could be a decent CAM off the bench..

ImANoob08 wrote: »

i also find prices rise as soon as they are released as people try to get them done asap but is it better to wait it out until they are nearly finished when prices may have come down a bit?

wouldnt mind going chong but he doesnt fit my team at the moment so would be doing him to use in the future so dont want to spend more than 15-20k on him currently futbin has the xbox cost at around 33k...

I've found the SBCs are fairly 'easy' this year, they don't seem to have too many specific req's so prices aren't flying up too madly. For puzzle SBCs/MM etc. I complete asap, for players I leave it a couple of days to get some reviews from other people in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Have 11 of the 12 icon swaps tokens now. The only one I have left to get is the 9 FUT champions wins.... will be trying it out for the first time this weekend.

I was planning on getting Semedo and Ter Stegen for the WL, but their prices have gone nuts because of the Pique SBC.

Not sure who to go for in the swaps. I was originally thinking Rio (& Guadiola, if I manage the 9 FUT champs wins), but also really want to use Keane (& Giggs, if I manage the 9 FUT champs wins). I think Rio fits the gameplay better and would be unreal in defense, but loved Keane and Giggs as players. I know Giggs only has a 2 star weak foot, but I like a left footer on the left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭djan

ImANoob08 wrote: »

Just a heads up, Chong's passing is terrible, all between 68-74 in the passing ratings. He'd be a good striker though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

In the middle of doing the Pique & Chong SBC's last night I finally realised that I was building and submitting higher rated teams than the one I actually play with :o so decided to loosen my miserly purse strings and buy a couple of modest upgrades. The market really has dropped, some of the higher tier players really are half the price they used to be.

I had also forgot I packed de Jong from one of the Ozil objectives so ended up buying Ousmane so that I could use Scream Pique. Team currently looks like this with Scream Ozil shoe-horned in there, haven't played with him yet but could go back to Ikone if he's pants. There aren't many natural French CAM's out there but has anybody used Scream Payet? The card looks good and is currently ~75k, don't think it'll drop much further due to lack of alternatives with those links.

The right-hand side can be switched back to Thiago Silva/Verratti/Di Maria if I don't enjoy this team. Pondering buying Semedo but don't really fancy just having a Barcelona XI.

vyBM3im.jpg

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    In the middle of doing the Pique & Chong SBC's last night I finally realised that I was building and submitting higher rated teams than the one I actually play with :o so decided to loosen my miserly purse strings and buy a couple of modest upgrades. The market really has dropped, some of the higher tier players really are half the price they used to be.

I had also forgot I packed de Jong from one of the Ozil objectives so ended up buying Ousmane so that I could use Scream Pique. Team currently looks like this with Scream Ozil shoe-horned in there, haven't played with him yet but could go back to Ikone if he's pants. There aren't many natural French CAM's out there but has anybody used Scream Payet? The card looks good and is currently ~75k, don't think it'll drop much further due to lack of alternatives with those links.

The right-hand side can be switched back to Thiago Silva/Verratti/Di Maria if I don't enjoy this team. Pondering buying Semedo but don't really fancy just having a Barcelona XI.

vyBM3im.jpg

Are you deliberately avoiding Semedo at RB? < NVM, should have read properly. I'd go with him tbh, full chem's 3 extra players and he was good for the 5 minutes I had him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Even pick up Sergio reberto if you don't want to spend. He's actually fairly decent there as noone used their LB/RB for attacking anymore.
    Teams looks decent otherwise. A few easy upgrades routes once you get coins.

hots wrote: »
    Are you deliberately avoiding Semedo at RB? < NVM, should have read properly. I'd go with him tbh, full chem's 3 extra players and he was good for the 5 minutes I had him.

Yeah considering him but with how his price has jumped I might just wait for it to fall again after the weekend. Not many decent La Liga RB's, same issue with France/Ligue 1, hence why Aguilar has survived so long.

Even pick up Sergio reberto if you don't want to spend. He's actually fairly decent there as noone used their LB/RB for attacking anymore.

If I can just convince myself to part with them :pac:

Have the coins for Mbappe/Neymar but won't be buying Mbappe until he's back in packs at least. Been thinking about him for a long time but 1 million for an 89 keeps holding me back, I just don't think his card should be that price so keep thinking it'll crash............any moment now :pac: . Neymar's price has been steadily rising too over the past couple of weeks which is a shame, was hoping he'd drop a little.

I do! Most of the time anyway... Roberto is grand, nothing special but fills a hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Just done the zombie invasion objective, done the last one of scoring 2 with a player with 65 max pace so used giroud. Went 5 nil up before half time so let the other lad score two, he eventually did after it taking him till the 92nd minute to score his second haha passing him the ball with my goalkeeper and he kept smashing it wide or off the post I couldn't stop laughing the whole second half Haha he thanked me after it hopefully it's made his day cause it certainly made mine :pac:

SQUAD.JPG

Here's the current dream, have the coins to pick up Aubameyang but will wait until the weekend league is over as i wont get to play with him much anyway and need to wait for the next round of tokens to get wright in but i have the rest in my side currently.

have around 150-200k left over after i buy Aubam, 65k being fluid and around 120k or so tied up in the trade pile.

any suggestions for clear upgrades? i know a few have said sissoko but haven't got around to trying him yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Most expensive player I've ever bought in FIFA, loving him so far.

Screenshot-2019-10-30-at-18-58-13.png

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

POTM Nominees

Jack Grealish, Ilkay Gundogan, Dean Henderson, Youri Tielemans, Jamie Vardy and Willian

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Lord TSC wrote: »
    POTM Nominees

Jack Grealish, Ilkay Gundogan, Dean Henderson, Youri Tielemans, Jamie Vardy and Willian

Voted for Henderson

The United fan in me overruled my head.

Same reason I overpaid for Chong

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Trying to get Scream Ozil for probably the last 2 hours. 1 chip so far. Nobody willing to help. This community is the worst in the world. TOXIC.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Lamposts wrote:
    Trying to get Scream Ozil for probably the last 2 hours. 1 chip so far. Nobody willing to help. This community is the worst in the world. TOXIC.

Have you tried messaging someone at the start of the game? I had a few requests during the week for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Anyone go for Giggs yet in their icon pick? Any use?

I'm getting Keane anywa. If I get all the tokens, I may look at Giggs. LW will be lacking for me until I afford Neymar, which may be a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

blaa85 wrote: »
    Anyone go for Giggs yet in their icon pick? Any use?

I'm getting Keane anywa. If I get all the tokens, I may look at Giggs. LW will be lacking for me until I afford Neymar, which may be a while.

3* 2* not a good look unless you’re a United fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

3* 2* not a good look unless you’re a United fan.

Yeah, noticed the 2*. Might just stick with Keane in the swap replacements are too difficult / annoying. Not much use for any of the others costing 9 or below

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Hitting the post is very common in this game, happens quite a lot in my matches i must say.

14 wins 5 losses in rivals, got a decent team now, willian vardy pulisic very good on the counter with the ox running from midfield, quick 1 2's around the box creates loads of chances, still not scoring as many goals as i want, especially with the amount of chances im creating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

14 wins 5 losses in rivals, got a decent team now, willian vardy pulisic very good on the counter with the ox running from midfield, quick 1 2's around the box creates loads of chances, still not scoring as many goals as i want, especially with the amount of chances im creating

Have you tried sissoko yet. If you can snipe his champions league card it's extinct at 10k and they haven't uped the price bracket yet. Saves you spending 37k on his gold card. I have him twice. Gold untradable and tradable champions league card. Cruel or what. But he's very op for me so far.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement