Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Need about 5000 exp. but might still take Zaha cause I need strikers more than mids right now.

Sigh. Went from 10-9 to 10-15. A barrage of super teams this morning, all icons and Messi’s. Should get back on latter to get the one win to tick me over to 11. Just a collapse today though.

Yeah tbf If I’d known that they could get future upgrades I’d probably have chose zaha too, I just looked at him and never seen the 85 zaha being more than a sub, but I think an 88/89 zaha would be better than an 88/89 tolisso

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

FUT champs is unplayable with delay today. It was great on Friday and Saturday but today it's like playing a different game. All of the rapid left stick movements are not possible. It's not that they are just delayed, but the dribbling doesn't even work the same way, the players with high dribbling don't turn/feint the same way.

At least I already got my wins to get my last icon swaps token. Getting 4 more wins in this gameplay is going to be too much of a grind for Gold 3, hopefully it's better later on tonight.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Yeah tbf If I’d known that they could get future upgrades I’d probably have chose zaha too, I just looked at him and never seen the 85 zaha being more than a sub, but I think an 88/89 zaha would be better than an 88/89 tolisso

Do you think the players will be upgraded? I had kind of imagined they'd have some sort of SBC where you can get other higher rated storyline players.

v3ttel wrote: »
    Do you think the players will be upgraded? I had kind of imagined they'd have some sort of SBC where you can get other higher rated storyline players.

It says on the politano storyline player that he’ll get “an additional upgrade opportunity” so you’d think the same applies to zaha, tolisso and Vasquez.

Pity there’s zero communication from community managers or ea.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

11-15. Not going to bother worrying bout any more.

Speaking of politano, I saw two people with him this afternoon. I know I play a lot of Fifa, but bloody hell, that must have taken a lot of hours in a short time span to get him so quickly...

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    11-15. Not going to bother worrying bout any more.

Speaking of politano, I saw two people with him this afternoon. I know I play a lot of Fifa, but bloody hell, that must have taken a lot of hours in a short time span to get him so quickly...

If you find an opponent doing the same objectives you can do 14 teams in 1 game.
    I have a player from 1 serie a club in each of the 11 positions and 3 more on bench.
    There’s been a couple of games where I’ve got 5 or 6 different scorers and 1 match where I seen the opponent had 11 different serie a players so I let him score, he did the same, match finished 12-12 and we both cleared a huge chunk of players :)

I have 11 teams fully done, but they’re the easiest ones, Juventus etc. I’m now trying to get goals with 76 rated bologna and spal players :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Lord TSC wrote:

No it can be done in about 3 games.

People are messaging other users and scoring 15+ goals a goal each. Pictures of scorelines of 24-24 have appeared on Reddit.

People abusing the system as per usual.

RossieMan wrote: »

People abusing the system as per usual.

Meh, if they want to make such extensive requirements, then they should expect the community to band together to work towards them. Given how often I rag on the Fifa community for being toxic, I actually really like the fact it will often times work together to help each other get cool things.

Lord TSC wrote:
    Meh, if they want to make such extensive requirements, then they should expect the community to band together to work towards them. Given how often I rag on the Fifa community for being toxic, I actually really like the fact it will often times work together to help each other get cool things.

It caters for the casual. You get rewarded for not being good at this game far too much. This won't be let happen I. The higher divisions at all.

It caters for the casual. You get rewarded for not being good at this game far too much. This won't be let happen I. The higher divisions at all.

interesting team name :D
    unknown.png

• Advertisement

Oh no, catering to casuals. How horrific.

Being honest, if you're regularly in the higher divisions, your rewards and coin haulage should mean that missing the odd special card isn't a big deal. I can't imagine many in the higher divisions are running with Scream Ozil, for instance.

There's so much of the game hidden behind either crazy paywalls or crazy time-investment walls. Why begrudge the fact that a community can come together for a fun-but-not-top-tier card?

interesting team name :D

really going for the ironic feel you know. :D
    i relegated myself down for most of the rewards. We can't direct message on PC for objectives.

i agree its nice to have cards that aren't top tier. but i don't have time to build a mega side. You can see my team, i struggle every single game. That Politano would be a starter for me, but im not relegating myself again to get an objective. it defeats the purpose. it should be points based, or include wins to stop people doing the crap thats going on now.

We ask for content to grind for, and people ruin it every time and then moan that there is nothing to do. make it points based, 60k rivals xp or something and you've massively leveled the playing field.

really going for the ironic feel you know. :D
    i relegated myself down for most of the rewards. We can't direct message on PC for objectives.

i agree its nice to have cards that aren't top tier. but i don't have time to build a mega side. You can see my team, i struggle every single game. That Politano would be a starter for me, but im not relegating myself again to get an objective. it defeats the purpose. it should be points based, or include wins to stop people doing the crap thats going on now.

We ask for content to grind for, and people ruin it every time and then moan that there is nothing to do. make it points based, 60k rivals xp or something and you've massively leveled the playing field.

I think these type of players like politano are def geared for the more casual.
    You’re somewhat of an exception in that you seem excellent at the game (based on your wl records etc) but don’t have the god squads that a lot up in the top divisions do and politano would be a great addition to you but yeah a lot up in top divisions wouldn’t use him so it makes it very hard for the likes of you to get without dropping divisions because you won’t often face other players using 76 rated bologna players etc.

I think they are a nice addition and in fairness out of about 14/15 rivals matches I only matched 1 person where we both let each other score, the rest I was grinding it out with silver Hellas Verona wingers to get goals so when I do eventually get politano complete I will have earned him to a degree, if I meet someone else along the way who lets me score, of course I’ll take it and return the favour.
    I have messaging turned off so can’t receive any messages about it.

I think they are a nice addition and in fairness out of about 14/15 rivals matches I only matched 1 person where we both let each other score, the rest I was grinding it out with silver Hellas Verona wingers to get goals so when I do eventually get politano complete I will have earned him to a degree, if I meet someone else along the way who lets me score, of course I’ll take it and return the favour.
    I have messaging turned off so can’t receive any messages about it.

you see i love playing with the silver players. its so different and makes a nice change. But is rivals really the place for it? have it in friendlies. have it somewhere calm and where people aren't sweaty arseholes most of the time.

managed to fit in a couple of games this evening to get to 15-1. would have liked to see how far i could i go but sure its just not worth the grind.
    heres hoping for a better TOTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Didn't bother with wl this week and won't next week either as I'll probably be playing death stranding. Did get the last few icon swaps and storyline tolisso though.

Ended up going from division 5 to division 9 quitting matches in the hope of getting someone doing the serie a storyline milestone as well. Only got two people doing it in that amount of matches though. The lower division will probably come in handy for getting the next icon swaps anyway.

It's not surprising Kurt was banned. He was warned before and then spat on the logo and called out an EA employee by name with thousands watching him so what can he expect. Granted in the context of fifa content creators he's probably a saint compared to others that operated gambling rings targeting children.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Gold 3. Finished 14-10. Not my best record as I had a couple of losing streaks, but I’ll take it. Hopefully a nice red pick on Thursday... Mane/Robbo or Werner would be lovely.

Happy with how the WL went!

Logged back on in the hope the connection would be better and ended up 14-4 for Gold 3. At least now I have the prospect of some decent rewards, and also got the last swap token as this was my first WL. Found it ok just to play 6 or 7 games per day without dedicating my entire weekend like back when it was 40 games. Also, in fairness, the servers were grand apart from the middle of the day today. It is frustrating when your players don't respond though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

20-7.

giphy.gif

Not gonna bother going for Elite 3 because the Gold 1 rewards look better anyway. Only my second Gold 1 throughout FUT 17, 18, and 20 (didn't get 19).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Oh and also :pac:

Screenshot-2019-11-02-at-00-53-29.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Scraped 14 wins in the end. Second ever WL and I’m worse than my first :pac: Had 10 or so games to get 2 wins and it took me all of them. Game felt so sluggish on Friday and yesterday, no obvious connection issues but just players were taking an age to take their first touch or turn etc. Played a rivals game then last night and everything felt more normal game pace wise and players weren’t turning like a bus. I wish they wouldn’t change how WL plays compared to Rivals so much (or am I just imagining it?) sometimes it feels like the result is 70% decided upon matchmaking as if the AI has decided what your players are going to play like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Packed Son from my Deluxe packs this morning, more than doubled my coins pile, delighted to finally get something from them! With ~650k in the bank my team is now:

Ter Stegen
    Pique - Umtiti - Laporte
    Perisic - Thiago (or Goretzka) - Special Tolisso - NDombele - Sterling
    Lewandowski - Lacazette

with NDombele and Tolisso set to stay back and Thiago fluting around the middle and subbed off after 60 for Dybala/Hulk/Harit.

Didn't even play a game with Son? He's insane. Better than any of your current attackers. I would be making a team around him. Not selling him.

Ndombele really isn't good enough at this stage. He was week 1/2 but he's just not good enough, especially at cdm.

Didn't even play a game with Son? He's insane. Better than any of your current attackers. I would be making a team around him. Not selling him.

Ndombele really isn't good enough at this stage. He was week 1/2 but he's just not good enough, especially at cdm.

Nah generally liquidate as soon as I pack someone big and tradeable (unless it's someone I really want), worst case is I lose 5% if I buy them back at some point. Packed Sterling early and have kept him because I love his animation style but have never gotten on with a son card... Not sure if he does but it used to feel like he had the big awkward body-type without the strength or height to make it useful.

All but 2 of that 11 are untradeable too, I'm a bit of a sucker for SBCs and sticking to 'my' cards this year.

Any ideas for better than NDom actually? Kante is the obvious one I guess, need someone nippy enough in there I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Kante is a beast, as every year, but comes with a price (390k on ps4)

Sissoko is highly recommended everywhere.

Not a huge upgrade, but was around 30k when I last checked. That's some price for 81 rated card.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Lads when got asked to verify my account when logging into the companion app by rolling a ball with some sort of a picture in it until the picture is the right way up, is that common? Only got the app last week

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Very common, especially if you do a lot of transfers at one go or trying to snipe a card.

Happens on console, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Was actually just mulling over the idea of buying Kante too as it happens, what is generally the best day to buy? Mondays after WL? I always see people saying Thursday morning with rewards and packs being opened but tbh I've had some of my best sales in the that period so I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

wonski wrote: »
    Very common, especially if you do a lot of transfers at one go or trying to snipe a card.

Happens on console, too.

Ok grand, never seen it on xbox, and was just just wondering, cheers wonski

• Advertisement

hots wrote: »
    Any ideas for better than NDom actually? Kante is the obvious one I guess, need someone nippy enough in there I reckon.

Kante is ridiculously good, but I suppose you'd expect that for more than 300K. He's constantly tearing around the place and always seems to be in the right place at the right time whenever I play against him.

Is that scream Pique you have? How do you find him?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement