Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Griezmann down 50k from what I paid for him ;_;

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

v3ttel wrote: »
    Kante is ridiculously good, but I suppose you'd expect that for more than 300K. He's constantly tearing around the place and always seems to be in the right place at the right time whenever I play against him.

Is that scream Pique you have? How do you find him?

Yeah, he's good, I'm glad I'm playing him in the middle of a back 3, with Anchor, and with 2 CDMs sitting on top of him. Best defender I've used this fifa (but not much to compare with tbf), he's really handy for me as I play out the back a good bit and he's excellent on the ball, probably the biggest difference between him and Laporte is that he can pass and dribble a bit.

I'd say he's a solid 8/10, no Van Dijk for sure but very good. I had an untradeable spanish la liga in form and another in the transfer pile and then the 84 squad done with untradeables so it made sense for me (and I'm an SBC addict).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Anyone doing the storyline elite objectives? Do you need to start the player or can you just sub them in?

Don't have the player myself yet to try it out, but will get him tonight. Would not mind the pack rewards incase we end up with first owner objectives again this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

You can sub them in. The packs are fairly crap, not really worth going out of your way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

I believe the story line players can get boosted. How does this happen? I heard the Zaha can go up to 89.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Doyler92 wrote: »
    I believe the story line players can get boosted. How does this happen? I heard the Zaha can go up to 89.

Nothing official, just speculation at this stage tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Doyler92 wrote: »

On the milestone page for the serie a player, it says to hold on to him for future upgrades. I've no use for Zaha atm, but will be holding on to him incase of upgrades.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Next set of Icon tokens out on Friday aren’t they?

Need 3 more for Keane. Depending on the objectives I’ll prob go for all the tokens again. Don’t know if I can face playing squad battles again though.

Next set of Icon tokens out on Friday aren’t they?

Need 3 more for Keane. Depending on the objectives I’ll prob go for all the tokens again. Don’t know if I can face playing squad battles again though.

Squad battles can be a pain but at least you can refresh the teams to get some 65 rated to make it easy ;)

Rivals on the other hand is all over place right now.

I only missed one from fut champions, signed up last week but only played four games so won't be able to do that before the deadline.

Did Chinese and mls in squad battles today, but took me 3 hours. All won, only played the easy teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

wonski wrote: »
    Squad battles can be a pain but at least you can refresh the teams to get some 65 rated to make it easy ;)

I only missed one from fut champions, signed up last week but only played four games so won't be able to do that before the deadline.

Did Chinese and mls in squad battles today, but took me 3 hours. All won, only played the easy teams.

Chinese must have been tough enough? I had a team put together and couldn't find the will power, should have 6 tokens of wiggle-room I think so happy to leave it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I see lots of people that are going for two icons in the icon swaps, are taking Pep as their second one. Nainggolan is available for 4K looks like a much better card (he was brilliant for me in the weekend league). Pep has bad physicality, dribbling & terrible shooting and ~90 less in game stats than Nainggolan.

For 8 tokens, Okocha seems like a better option. 5 star skills, 4 star weak foot. With a hunter he has 93 pace, 91 dribbling, 85 shooting and 84 passing. I know his stamina isn't great, but I have Gomez as CAM as he is alright in most games with 70 stamina. At worse, Okocha is a brilliant super sub, whereas there are so many better CDM options than Pep right now.

Maybe I'm missing something.

hots wrote: »
    Chinese must have been tough enough? I had a team put together and couldn't find the will power, should have 6 tokens of wiggle-room I think so happy to leave it.

Plenty of good fast strikers there, so just put Kante and Ozil in to have some cm support.

If you are matched against under 75 opponent it isn't that bad.

Not knowing what's next I rather complete that one. The next round could be worse for all we know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

wonski wrote: »

Ah it’s easy but it’s just plain boring. Rather do algebra. If it’s the quickest way to get the 3 tokens I’ll grind it though as I want Keane to try get Elite 2 next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

v3ttel wrote: »
    I see lots of people that are going for two icons in the icon swaps, are taking Pep as their second one. Nainggolan is available for 4K looks like a much better card (he was brilliant for me in the weekend league). Pep has bad physicality, dribbling & terrible shooting and ~90 less in game stats than Nainggolan.

For 8 tokens, Okocha seems like a better option. 5 star skills, 4 star weak foot. With a hunter he has 93 pace, 91 dribbling, 85 shooting and 84 passing. I know his stamina isn't great, but I have Gomez as CAM as he is alright in most games with 70 stamina. At worse, Okocha is a brilliant super sub, whereas there are so many better CDM options than Pep right now.

Maybe I'm missing something.

You say he has terrible shooting but I’ve already scored 6 goals with him in 43 games.

His dribbling is decent but sometimes he turns quite slow on the ball. His strength isn’t the greatest but not a major concern.

I think he’s by far the best option of the lower tier Icon swaps.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

French league up

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

They've cheaped out on the rewards a little compared to last year

DELAINE.pngMAOLIDA.png
    THAUVIN.pngDEPAY.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

They've cheaped out on the rewards a little compared to last year

Where did you see the bottom two cards?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,852 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Thepoet85 wrote: »

in fifa 19

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Thepoet85 wrote: »

Last year's rewards for the Ligue 1 SBC

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Raving_Magic

Just seen the French SBC...Anyone know which are the best packs to do in it?

• Advertisement

v3ttel wrote:

This game isn't all about ratings and more points.

Pep is far superior to naingolan in game. No comparison between the two.

Pep is one of the best free cdms in the game. He's basically free for everyone as it's so easy to get 9 tokens.

Have you played with okocha at all this year? Dembele again is much better and only around 40k or less on all platforms now.

They did. I cashed out on my silvers and some golds.

Have all non gold defenders clubs done this year. Peanuts (was paying 500 for league 1 players)
    Handy 100-150k made today. But if the rewards are as bad it might not be as profitable as expected.

RossieMan wrote: »
    This game isn't all about ratings and more points.

Pep is far superior to naingolan in game. No comparison between the two.

Pep is one of the best free cdms in the game. He's basically free for everyone as it's so easy to get 9 tokens.

Have you played with okocha at all this year? Dembele again is much better and only around 40k or less on all platforms now.

Agree with you not just because I am the one who picked Pep.

He is no Kante or Petit, but gives you a freedom of hybrid team which at that stage of the game is important to me. Especially when given for free :) And that position opens a lot of options. He is solid if you don't expect too much (by too much I meant don't expect him to match other cdm's worth 300k+)

And Pep was 8 tokens I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

ShaneU wrote:
    in fifa 19

Should've read the entire post sorry!!!

wonski wrote:
    And Pep was 8 tokens I think.

You're right. Think haven't decided what I'll go for. So hard to go for defensive options when there's decent attacking ones there.

You're right. Think haven't decided what I'll go for. So hard to go for defensive options when there's decent attacking ones there.

If I had to go for one again I would probably keep the tokens and aim higher.

Didn't expect these to be so easy to get and after grinding for 8 I just grabbed the card straight away... Today got 2 easy ones from squad battles and realised how easy it was tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

You say he has terrible shooting but I’ve already scored 6 goals with him in 43 games.

His dribbling is decent but sometimes he turns quite slow on the ball. His strength isn’t the greatest but not a major concern.

I think he’s by far the best option of the lower tier Icon swaps.

I was judging from the 59 finishing, 71 long shots....... and I struggle to score long shots with any player, no matter how high their long shots are. Maybe icons outperform their stats.

Haven't played with him. I'm trying to decide if my second icon will be Guardiola or Okocha (assuming the objectives aren't ridiculously difficult). Seems everyone picks Pep, but I can't see what makes him so good. Probably going with Rio too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Thought at the start itd be grand to get the SB tokens... still need the CSL one (3 games left) and the MLS one (5 games) with no motivation to do it at all :pac:

I’ll settle for Pirlo anyways, or even Crespo. Guardiola looks decent but cba :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I assume these current tokens arent usable for the next set of icons?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

is anyone investing at the minute, I was tipping along doing luis alberto and lukaku but they are all gone for the minute. tried totw cards a few weeks ago but no return granted there was no risk

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement