Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I assume these current tokens arent usable for the next set of icons?

I'm wondering the same thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

seamie78 wrote: »
    is anyone investing at the minute, I was tipping along doing luis alberto and lukaku but they are all gone for the minute. tried totw cards a few weeks ago but no return granted there was no risk

Put half my coins into UCL MM, Romanian golds and icon swaps SB challenges. Hopefully will double if not triple my investment :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

GavK wrote: »
    I'm wondering the same thing...

the icon swaps are valid until the end of next batch. so you'll have 24 tokens in total.

They aren't transferable for the next. but they'll probably create some sort of pack reward for left over tokens, a bit like FUT swaps last year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeah, there's no way they'll be valid for the next batch. If they were going to be, they'd have to balance the next set appropriately, and if they didn't warn people their tokens could be carried over, the people who spent theirs in the first batch would be furious.

Two CSL matches left, but I find squad battles such a slog. Compared to real people, the AI is so boring to play against. I end up losing concentration after two matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Two CSL matches left, but I find squad battles such a slog. Compared to real people, the AI is so boring to play against. I end up losing concentration after two matches.

Just refresh the squads until you get a 65 - 70 rated squad. Score 3 goals as fast as possible and leave the game to itself. AI won't score 3. Just remember to press continue at HT. I did them during getting ready for work / making dinner etc. I can't bring myself to play / waste my time with SB during my actual time off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Yeah finished my squad battles last night...

What a pain but atleast i have 11 tokens now, missed the weekend league one...

Will be trying to get five as fast as possible to get wrighty on board asap

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

I must be the only one that doesn’t mind squad battles, I prefer objectives in squad battles because I know I’ll get it done no problem.

I don’t know when was the last time I got to play a rivals game with my normal team, I’m always trying to do an objective in it and usually playing people who aren’t.
    Not complaining, the objectives are optional and can be fun, I was just stating that I prefer when they’re in squad Battles but the majority of people hate that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Hogey007 wrote: »
    I must be the only one that doesn’t mind squad battles, I prefer objectives in squad battles because I know I’ll get it done no problem.

I don’t know when was the last time I got to play a rivals game with my normal team, I’m always trying to do an objective in it and usually playing people who aren’t.
    Not complaining, the objectives are optional and can be fun, I was just stating that I prefer when they’re in squad Battles but the majority of people hate that.

I'm the same, at least with squad battles I know I'll get the objective done in the minimum number of games without coming up against amazing teams when I have a ropey team.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Give me the choice between Squad Battles and Rivals and I'll choose Squad Battles every day of the week. Rivals is such a chore to play with mostly tryhards and people who were in higher divisions playing against me to complete objectives.

Yeah sure Squad Battles can be boring at times but it's a thousand times less stressful than playing Rivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Give me the choice between Squad Battles and Rivals and I'll choose Squad Battles every day of the week. Rivals is such a chore to play with mostly tryhards and people who were in higher divisions playing against me to complete objectives.

Yeah sure Squad Battles can be boring at times but it's a thousand times less stressful than playing Rivals.

I find the total opposite, at least it's "varied" play in Rivals, not the monotony of SBs. I don't mind losing a couple in Rivals though, I know people see it as a competitive mode but for me WL is the only one really, Rivals is just online games with rewards in my eyes.

• Advertisement

See zaros twitter account was hacked last night and as a result it looks like Corey, Jamie, Joel etc all deleted they’re accounts too.

Corey and zaro have been pretty non existent anyway in fifa 20 but this will just give ea the excuse now to really stop communication.

There was a patch on pc today I believe but no one to tweet about it.

Hogey007 wrote:
    There was a patch on pc today I believe but no one to tweet about it.

That's because they haven't given any information about what's in it. No pitch notes or anything last time I looked.

No idea what's different.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

Squad battles is a nice break from the mandatory spin/fake shot at the edge of the box every single attack!Played a lad earlier who didnt try it as often and i messaged him asking was he alright :pac:

RossieMan wrote: »
    That's because they haven't given any information about what's in it. No pitch notes or anything last time I looked.

No idea what's different.

Tweet out now, nothing of note in the Patch https://twitter.com/easportsfifa/status/1191764361611624448?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Dozyart wrote: »
    Squad battles is a nice break from the mandatory spin/fake shot at the edge of the box every single attack!Played a lad earlier who didnt try it as often and i messaged him asking was he alright :pac:

spin/fakeshot? Don't think I've noticed much of it myself, lot's of by-line and cutback though.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

hots wrote: »
    spin/fakeshot? Don't think I've noticed much of it myself, lot's of by-line and cutback though.

Hahahahaaa i never get the byline boys,would be a nice change

Ok so looks like the xp won’t carry over

Bit annoying and pointless to give xp that you can only get when your maxed out if it doesn’t actually do anything

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/512619/objectives-xp?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Bit annoying and pointless to give xp that you can only get when your maxed out if it doesn’t actually do anything

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/512619/objectives-xp?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

That's a pity...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Yeah that's really annoying, I now want to avoid accidentally doing any objectives so I can save them for next season.

Yeah that's really annoying, I now want to avoid accidentally doing any objectives so I can save them for next season.

All the objectives that give xp will expire Friday.
    The only ones that won’t expire are the milestones, and start up ones but they give packs not xp

I have like 30k over the 100k, thought I was getting a good jump on season 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Hogey007 wrote:

I wonder will the rewards remain.. I'm like 10k from Zaha with just gold week 6 objectives to do so won't have enough to get him by Friday. Zahas been a great supersub for me so was hoping to get his upgraded card.

Lenny17123 wrote:
    I wonder will the rewards remain.. I'm like 10k from Zaha with just gold week 6 objectives to do so won't have enough to get him by Friday. Zahas been a great supersub for me so was hoping to get his upgraded card.

No chance I'd say personally. It's been there lomg enough, and it's basically been free xp for the past few weeks. It's been stupidly easy to get 20k do in a single day with a bit of grinding. The weekly gold objectives give around 8k alone this week.

Zaha is grand, nothing special.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Bought Aubemeyang last night and played around 4 or 5 games with him.

my god is he fun, i finally have a striker that i know is going to stick the chances away when he gets them and he feels rapid as well!

Really enjoying him, cant wait to put wright beside him over the next few weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I have all the ICON swaps tokens from this season done already, but do you have to use them before Friday or will they carry over?

What I mean is, if you click on the players, for example Rio, you have to submit 8 tokens two times separately. So does this mean you submit 8 tokens before this season ends and then 8 tokens again next season to get the player or can you wait until Season 2 and submit all 16 then?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    I have all the ICON swaps tokens from this season done already, but do you have to use them before Friday or will they carry over?

What I mean is, if you click on the players, for example Rio, you have to submit 8 tokens two times separately. So does this mean you submit 8 tokens before this season ends and then 8 tokens again next season to get the player or can you wait until Season 2 and submit all 16 then?

You wait until Season 2 to submit all 16.

Yeah, wait. The current batch of tokens cover Seasons 1 and 2 (which will presumably be up till Xmas time).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

You wait until Season 2 to submit all 16.

Grand. No need to go making any decisions yet so :pac:

None really jump out at me tbh. Rivaldo is about the only one but that's purely for the nostalgia and it doesn't look all that good a card. Rio or Drogba then but purely for functional reasons :/

Yeah, I feel that Drogba is the obvious choice if you get all of the tokens, but it's not that I have a mad attatchment to him. Just feel that, as you said, functionally he's the option you have to pick, cause he's a 1m striker.

Also....were the Road to Glory cards, or whatever they were called last year, out by now? The ones that updated as teams progressed through the European cups? Had hoped for someone to rival the amazingness of that Alonso card from last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Yeah, I feel that Drogba is the obvious choice if you get all of the tokens, but it's not that I have a mad attatchment to him. Just feel that, as you said, functionally he's the option you have to pick, cause he's a 1m striker.

Also....were the Road to Glory cards, or whatever they were called last year, out by now? The ones that updated as teams progressed through the European cups? Had hoped for someone to rival the amazingness of that Alonso card from last year.

Was looking at that myself yesterday. The RTTF cards came out in packs on November 9th. last year from what I can see. Think the Alonso & Mkhitaryan SBCs were a few days later.

• Advertisement

Frisbee wrote: »
    Was looking at that myself yesterday. The RTTF cards came out in packs on November 9th. last year from what I can see. Think the Alonso & Mkhitaryan SBCs were a few days later.

its expected this friday from all the chat i've seen.

can't wait for our overpriced SBCs!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement