Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Still delighted I went for Carlos from the icon swaps, one of the best left fulls in the game, I find with forwards theres always gonna be a better Striker to come out. With left fulls you only really have TOTS/TOTY that give better LBs. Gives great links aswel to CBS, LW, or CMs. Gonna just go for Crespo then out of the remaining swaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

RossieMan wrote: »
    can't wait for our overpriced SBCs!

If we get something like that Alonso again I will be delighted. What a monster he was by May and his SBC was fairly cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Hopefully one of the SBCs at some point will require an Icon. I packed an untradeable Inzaghi that I'll never use.

This Politano card is going to be too time consuming without help, though it was kinda fun playing with players I'd never normally used. Played 7 games there and no one was willing to help. In some games I had Chiesa, a silver from Genoa and some mogul striker as my 3 three :pac:

Somehow I won 6 out of 7, drew the other one and managed to get promoted back to where I was before that disastrous run the other night. Only managed to do 2 clubs in 7 games - that was Napoli and Inter and they are two of the easiest ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Think I’ve decided on my icon swaps - gonna try for Carlos and Crespo. Leaves me with room if I don’t wanna do one of the objectives. Will try and complete squad battles later tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

v3ttel wrote: »
    Hopefully one of the SBCs at some point will require an Icon. I packed an untradeable Inzaghi that I'll never use.

This Politano card is going to be too time consuming without help, though it was kinda fun playing with players I'd never normally used. Played 7 games there and no one was willing to help. In some games I had Chiesa, a silver from Genoa and some mogul striker as my 3 three :pac:

Somehow I won 6 out of 7, drew the other one and managed to get promoted back to where I was before that disastrous run the other night. Only managed to do 2 clubs in 7 games - that was Napoli and Inter and they are two of the easiest ones!

You’re as well off to load your team with a player from each club and go full on attack. You’ll probably end up being relegated but if it makes the task easier so be it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

This weeks TOTW incoming!

FIFA-20-TOTW-8-FUT-Team-of-the-Week.png

Looking forward to getting smashed by that SIF Tammy Ambraham all weekend long :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Promes scored another 2 goals at the weekend, they really don't want to give any upgrades to that cheap OTW they gave out.

The upgrades themselves are just weak too, +3 shooting on Werner for getting a hat trick is just nothing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Promes scored another 2 goals at the weekend, they really don't want to give any upgrades to that cheap OTW they gave out.

The upgrades themselves are just weak too, +3 shooting on Werner for getting a hat trick is just nothing.

There's some players they know will get three or four IFs, as well as other special cards, through the year. And so they neuter their first upgrades so that their latter ones aren't as crazy.

I see people suggesting the reason Memphis didn't get an IF is he might be in the RTTF promo. Him and Ziyech will go nicely in my Dutch team.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Raging I didn't buy more Hazards last week. He was going for 17k.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Hey my OTW de ligt gets an upgrade, that's a pleasant surprise, not sure he'll get much of a look in mind.

• Advertisement

New repeatable SBC, exchange an 83 rated team for 2 81+ UCL cards. 11 83 rated players to potentially get back 2 81 rated players.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Looking at the likely potm sbc’s in the next 2 weeks,

Should be vardy, Ben yedder (banker) and gnabry.

Worth stocking up on some 86’s and 87’s now as they’re so low and if even 1 of these sbc’s is priced fairly everyone will do it, like pique last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Looking at the likely potm sbc’s in the next 2 weeks,

Should be vardy, Ben yedder (banker) and gnabry.

Worth stocking up on some 86’s and 87’s now as they’re so low and if even 1 of these sbc’s is priced fairly everyone will do it, like pique last week.

Prices didn't really increase at all for pique did they? But I agree, Ben yedder is particular will be a must for most people.

Will probably take untradeables from rivals rewards this week for the upcoming icon swaps. Can't even remember how many rivals points I had haven't turned it on the Playstation since Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

RossieMan wrote: »
    Prices didn't really increase at all for pique did they? But I agree, Ben yedder is particular will be a must for most people.

No drastic rises, some of the 85’s rose a couple of k but think most people probably had a lot of cards stocked up as there had been such a lack of opportunity for sbc’s.

I didn’t mean to buy cards as investments, I just mean I’d buy a few if you planned on completing it yourself as cards are all so low now as they’re required for absolutely nothing.

Ben yedder will most likely be between 400 to 500k so 87’s will def be needed there.
    I always stock up on ligue 1 high rated when they get so low because they’re very easy to link for chem, Cavani, veratti, Thiago Silva, navas, then you can lump in some 83’s like thauvin and sarabia with them.

Edit: when I say stock up, I mean fire 1 of each into my club and use them myself in sbc.

This game is unbelievable, 3-0 up in Rivals, my opponent pauses, I think he's gonna quit but instead he unpauses, then as the resume game counter hits 1 he disconnects and I'm permanently frozen on a loading screen until I quit 15 minutes later and get the loss.

Playing some lad and we're both doing the Politano objective - you'd think we'd both help each other, I give him a 2 goal lead and then he stops allowing me after 4 and brings on Zaha and goes full try hard mode. I can't even message him because his privacy settings are turned on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

I've gone up a division tonight due to people trying that Serie A objective. My Mbappe has been wrecking heads tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Just did my last team in the politano challenge and hit mane in the last pack too, happy days, pack luck has been good so far this year without a top level pull

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Ea servers down on ps4 and can't even check where I am in Rivals....

Bad timing, but what can I do.

The app tells me I have no fut20 team linked to my account as well.

EA could at least start posting updated with estimated downtime rather than expecting players to refresh the app to see when it's up and running.

Just got the same thing when trying to relist - app says I don't have a club. Can't connect on PS4. Thought I was banned and was having a mini heart attack..... co-incidental timing as I tried a good bit of sniping earlier and had to do a few captchas...... and also had a couple of lads help me with Politano.

Insigne from division rival rewards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Luis Alberto and Orellana in picks... my last pick had Sommer, Alberto and Abraham :pac: might use Alberto, seems alright.

SIF Tammy.

Not sure if he’s that good or not. 84 rated PL striker tho.

Opted against Smalling cause while I was tempted from a United POV, there’s zero chance of play him. I might play Tammy for a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

with hunters and shadow extinct for some time now how come ea don't increase the price ranges

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Took the untradeable rewards from rank 1 in division 5. Packed Salah, UCL Pique, TOTW Benitez, TOTW smalling, TOTW Troost-Ekong and a load of decent UCL cards. First time taking the untradeable rewards, usually just take the 58.000 coins. I know someone on here packed Salah from these rewards a couple of weeks ago so that’s what made me go for it.

Very tempted to sell up Pogba, and ignore my untradeables this week, and put together a new team just for a change. I worry I'm tied in to a PL team currently, so might give a La Liga team a whirl with some of the scream cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Got absolute muck from Div 4, rank 1 untradeables and Gold 2 rewards. Alberto and Grimaldi my player picks. Got my UCL Griezmann in MM last week though, so hoping for more of the same tonight.

My copy of Death Stranding arrived today though, will probably skip WL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

You know how you play random people’s squads in SB. Is there any way to see if your squad has been played against?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement