Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Doyler92 wrote: »
    You know how you play random people’s squads in SB. Is there any way to see if your squad has been played against?

No it's been requested before a good bit on reddit, would be cool to see X% wins @ World Class, Y% wins @ Professional... Stats in fifa are always ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

seamie78 wrote: »
    with hunters and shadow extinct for some time now how come ea don't increase the price ranges

Was lamenting the same thing last week. Here's what worked for me to snipe one; select the chem style you want to search for (obviously), put in a crazy high max bid (in between searches you reduce this by a few k causing the search to refresh), repeat until you find one.

Had one in a minute or two doing this on the web app. Spent ages trying the same thing on the companion app and console with no joy.
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    Very tempted to sell up Pogba, and ignore my untradeables this week, and put together a new team just for a change. I worry I'm tied in to a PL team currently, so might give a La Liga team a whirl with some of the scream cards.

Given up on the Eredivisie buzz? For La Liga, I tried Scream Trippier last night. Found him great, even scored a free kick with him. But I was coming up from 79 Aguilar I guess and haven't tried Semedo to compare :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

I picked up Tammy and made him CF with a Hawk card on him, going to try him out in my second EPL team I rotate for fitness. He could be a beast - or he might be ****e. Lets see:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Red Munian and Red Grimaldo from my player picks, could have been a lot worse. Grimaldo looks great with a sentinel, just an awkward league to link to.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Given up on the Eredivisie buzz? :o

I'm just eyeballing that IF Zieych actually. Tempted to throw all in on my Dutch lads this week.

Got some advice on Reddit that one way to "counter" drop back players is to just say **** it, and play suicide football. Heavy pressure, super high depth, everyone on aggressive interceptions.

Did it for a few games today, and I'd say my record didn't improve but have to say it was more fun. Loads of 6-5 games :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Blitz17

Packed IF Werner untradeable from rewards. Do I change my team to accommodate him or just use as a sub?

Got Smalling and Hazard in red picks from gold 3. Doubt I’ll ever use either tbh but I have a budget Bundes side if I ever have call to use it again. Going to save the packs until tomorrow and see if they have anything special for the new season.

Looks like I’ll finish 5/6k short of level 30. Little bit miffed tbh, played a hell of a lot of FIFA this month and not entirely sure how I haven’t ended up with it. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Got Smalling and Hazard in red picks from gold 3. Doubt I’ll ever use either tbh but I have a budget Bundes side if I ever have call to use it again. Going to save the packs until tomorrow and see if they have anything special for the new season.

Looks like I’ll finish 5/6k short of level 30. Little bit miffed tbh, played a hell of a lot of FIFA this month and not entirely sure how I haven’t ended up with it. :/

Yeah rttf cards in packs from 6 tomorrow so def worth holding packs.

It’s worked out well for me several times holding packs until new promo starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Yeah I've about 10 packs saved up from marquee matchups and 100 rivals wins pack, some untradeable and some not.

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Yeah I've about 10 packs saved up from marquee matchups and 100 rivals wins pack, some untradeable and some not.

I’ve loads but a lot are just 2 player packs from the politano objective.

Oh and not sure if it was mentioned here as was fairly busy this week but the first fifa event of the season is tomorrow in Bucharest.

Last year they did an sbc for a mega pack for this event and it required a Romanian gold player, I think there’s only 10 Romanian golds on the game so they flew to 7/8k.

No guarantee they’ll do the sbc or that it’ll require Romanians if they do it but you can still get Romanian golds at 650/700 so worth firing a couple in your club at the very least.

(Personally I’ve bought dozens :D )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Not gonna lie, I’m raging I didn’t save my packs until tomorrow for RTTF. I got absolutely nothing from rewards today.

I’ll only have the Marquee packs and whatever other pack SBC they throw at us. Next time I’m definitely saving until there’s a decent promo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Blitz17 wrote: »
    Packed IF Werner untradeable from rewards. Do I change my team to accommodate him or just use as a sub?

I'd use as a sub if what you have is working.

Ben Yedder is a beast, he will be getting a POTM sbc in the next week or so as well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,964 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Didn't think I'd bother, but I did. Instead of gouging my eyes out for a while I completed the remaining two squad battle objectives, CSL and Eredivisie ones. In hindsight, I should've did a bit of gouging. I just hate playing against the computer.

I'll wait until I see the next set of objectives before deciding what to do. Hoping for Crespo and Carlos but Drogba does tempt me also.

Threw a few discard Romanians in my club just for the laugh. Could make a few K per card if it works out, and I don't lose anything if it does. I've about 10.

I'm literally 1 goal away from getting Politano. Met some Dutch guy who I let score the first goal and then he passed the ball around the back for the rest of the game. 4 different people helped me though, so hopefully I can repay the favour to someone at some point.

Opened one of my rewards back and got absolutely nothing, so saved the rest for RTTF tomorrow. Anyone who I heard talking about the rewards just got muck today.

He'd be an unreal super sub with that pace against tired defenders/midfielders. What you have looks good, especially with Neymar in there. I wouldn't change much unless your struggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Blitz17

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    I'd use as a sub if what you have is working.

Ben Yedder is a beast, he will be getting a POTM sbc in the next week or so as well

Yeah I'll possibly be doing that sbc unless it's terrible value like Auba one.

Scratch that.....messed up my maths by not taking into account the exp reward for completing a set so ended up finishing it off. Took Zaha over Tollisso but don’t really have a team to put him in.
    Yeah I'll possibly be doing that sbc unless it's terrible value like Auba one.

I’ve a feeling it’ll be another 4/500k one. He’s too popular a card but that price for an untradeable will make me pause a little even though he’d fit perfectly in my team

This RTTF promo for the Champions League & Europa league could be make or break for me. Saved nearly all my Div Rivals & FUT champs rewards, the Marquee match ups packs and some Politano objective packs (finally got him, his stats look unreal!)

Have the following queued up:

3x mega packs, 2x rare players pack, 1x premuim gold players pack, 6x two rare gold player packs, 1x rare electrum players pack, 1x premium mixed players pack, 1x small rare mixed players pack and 1x rare mixed player packs.

.....in before my best player is 82 rated Oliver Giroud :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

That's only about 300k worth of packs. Expecting something in those given previous pack weight is only going to let you down in afraid.

The pack weight this year has been dreadful.

Going to be a lot of content today

Pl potm sbc - most likely vardy
    New icon swap challenges
    New season 2 objectives including the reveal of the new players we’re aiming for
    Rttf players revealed and in packs from 6
    Most likely a rttf sbc
    A possible rttf player in weekly objectives

Oh and don’t forget to watch fut champions on twitch for yer free jersey :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Going to be a lot of content today

Pl potm sbc - most likely vardy
    New icon swap challenges
    New season 2 objectives including the reveal of the new players we’re aiming for
    Rttf players revealed and in packs from 6
    Most likely a rttf sbc
    A possible rttf player in weekly objectives

Oh and don’t forget to watch fut champions on twitch for yer free jersey :D

No WL for me this weekend.... focusing on icon objectives and the RTTF one if there’s one too :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

No WL for me this weekend.... focusing on icon objectives and the RTTF one if there’s one too :D

Whats weekend league?? :D

i haven't entered at all this year yet and im enjoying playing the game as more of a casual, objectives suit me down to the ground :cool:

Also gives me time to play COD over the weekend when im not trying to cram 30 games in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

last year I got Alonso and sanchez rttf cards at the start, 2 magic players who went straight into the team and stayed there till TOTS came out. I cant think of any similar players who would be attainable going into my team now. Has there been any leaks yet as to what players will be included. would love a kane 91 which could rise to 97

yeah was wondering is there any predictions up yet, maybe one or two strange omissions from the team of the week alerting people?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

What time do we expect the new icon swap tokens to drop? 6pm I assume!?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    yeah was wondering is there any predictions up yet, maybe one or two strange omissions from the team of the week alerting people?

and what omissions would they be, I don't why im asking il only be disappointed come 6 o'clock

seamie78 wrote: »
    and what omissions would they be, I don't why im asking il only be disappointed come 6 o'clock

i have no idea just usually that kinda stuff goes around...

just googled looking for predictions and one have Joe Gomez up...

id be all over that card.

Haha yeah same as that, hoping to have my drogba for next weekend’s weekend league.

If the icon objectives are similar to last time I’ll get drogba, if they’re a lot more difficult I’m happy to take zanetti as he’ll be the best rb in the game until tots so just 1 position sorted for remainder of fifa 20

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Haha yeah same as that, hoping to have my drogba for next weekend’s weekend league.

If the icon objectives are similar to last time I’ll get drogba, if they’re a lot more difficult I’m happy to take zanetti as he’ll be the best rb in the game until tots so just 1 position sorted for remainder of fifa 20

Me too. Hoping to have whatever icon I choose by the next WL. Still not 100% set on who I’m going with... Crespo/Carlos or Rio/Pep seem like decent options or even Prime Wright.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I’d be surprised if the Icons aren’t going to be behind some sort of criteria that will take weeks to get, not days.

Anyway, hoping for a United player or two in the RTtF Europa section.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I’d be surprised if the Icons aren’t going to be behind some sort of criteria that will take weeks to get, not days.

Anyway, hoping for a United player or two in the RTtF Europa section.

I’d say there will be 3 or 4 that will be handy enough to get from just playing rivals etc. Can see them being harder to get than last batch though which were straight forward.

In saying that though, the whole point of this was to make these players accessible to the casual player so we may see similar objectives.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement