Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

RossieMan wrote: »
    Selling mine at 2500 as the market is completely flooded. Still a decent but of money, which I wasted straight away opening a 50k pack. This is why I go untradable every year, I'm terrible with coins.

Part of the problem is the pack available wasn’t amazing, then secondly they added it at the same time along with so much other content so people were distracted and those who invested starting undercutting each other.
    If it was a 50k pack and less content those players could’ve hit 7 or 8k each but happy with my returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

No icon swaps. Raging

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

No icon swaps. Raging

It'll come. Relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

It'll come. Relax.

Insert angry face here..... want that Roy Keane for tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Was looking forward to grinding some of them.

Dont have much interested in the objective player.. Might do him if I'm board just throw Sancho up top to try get a few goals but won't be going out of my way.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The first batch didn't come when Season 1 started, yeah. There was a good delay.

As I said, they'll stretch it out. As noted earlier, there's a tonne of new content today. They'll wait a week or two until they have nothing else going.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Packed Militao

Don't know what to do

Take the 450k or use him beside Ferdinand, reckon they will go out next round, Real are pants

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Why would all the current Icon Swaps objectives end today if the new set weren't coming?

Why would all the current Icon Swaps objectives end today if the new set weren't coming?

Because they don't want people having everything together. It was almost a week into season 1 before icon swaps came out.

Rossi IRL wrote:
    Take the 450k or use him beside Ferdinand, reckon they will go out next round, Real are pants

Hold him for now. His price will go towards a 7-800k given how OP he is. Pack weight is terrible once again. Less than 3% in rate players pack. Hilarious.

• Advertisement

I just don’t understand why they can’t tweet, icon swaps part 2 starts on xxxxx date

Literally take them 10 seconds.

I’d have played wl this week if I’d known there was no icon swaps, too late now as I’ve a busy day Sunday so wouldn’t be worth it.

currently 11-0 this WL. gameplay pretty good once again.

won 2 drafts and a heap of 2 player packs, absolutely nothing. no boards, no decent 82/81s.

Complete waste of a day.
    My account hasn't packed anything at all this year value wise!
    Kyle Walker is still my best pack pull.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Yeah I couldn’t be arsed with that Mbabu objective. Bundesliga squad is too ****e to even challenge for it :pac: came up against a guy in div 4, proper sweat bands on. Ball roll and drag back at every opportunity, so boring. Just gave up halfway through.

Yeah I couldn’t be arsed with that Mbabu objective. Bundesliga squad is too ****e to even challenge for it :pac: came up against a guy in div 4, proper sweat bands on. Ball roll and drag back at every opportunity, so boring. Just gave up halfway through.

I had a look at the requirements when it came out and immediately said “not worth the effort”

Like you’d eventually get it but the wins with Swiss players assisting etc, be a bit time consuming.

But now that the icon swaps never came and I’m not in wl I might start it anyway and see how I fare out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Hogey007 wrote: »
    I had a look at the requirements when it came out and immediately said “not worth the effort”

Like you’d eventually get it but the wins with Swiss players assisting etc, be a bit time consuming.

But now that the icon swaps never came and I’m not in wl I might start it anyway and see how I fare out.

Yeah, those two assists ones are a bit of a stretch. Impossible in div 4 anyways. Swiss assists + rival wins is awful... have defenders on set pieces and that’s still difficult. Came up against a fella doing the Serie A challenge for Politano so he let me have a few in exchange for goals but otherwise impossible to get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

That POTM Vardy, i cant help but cheese him, 33 goals in 14 games, lol

That POTM Vardy, i cant help but cheese him, 33 goals in 14 games, lol

Playing him as a wide CAM with Zaha the same, and Salah up front, but loving Vardy.

Proper grifter. Pops up everywhere for me. Absolutely insane for the price.

No way are those weekend league games?
    It's a pity he doesn't have dribbling stats!

No way are those weekend league games?
    It's a pity he doesn't have dribbling stats!

I dont really like the WL games to be honest but i have played a few and he's scored goals there to, not as many as in Rivals to be fair

Icon swaps start Monday,

https://www.twitch.tv/easportsfifa/clip/DarkUninterestedPineappleTakeNRG

I hope those community managers aren’t still getting a wage, no reason why they couldn’t have told us this, told us that xp doesn’t carry over, explain to us if zaha/tolisso etc get upgrades.

• Advertisement

9-3 in WL games, tactics look a bit off, i have Vardy to stay central and go in behind, yet when i get the ball in midfield, he's running out wide, in rivals he does exactly what i have him set to do

Ended Friday 5-11. Horrific start.

Shifted things round today, back to a 4-2-4, with Vardy and Zaha up front, and St-Maxim and Salah on the wings. Pogba feeding them balls.

14-15 now (so...9-4 today), making this my best weekend this year.

Ended up playing round with tactics, and setting a very low depth (can't beat them, so I joined them). If I scored first, I found I could put 5 or 6 past people, cause I could afford to pass round my backline till they came out a bit. And lordy, it's crazy how many people will sit with 1 depth and try and counter attack even when 2 or 3 down....

If they scored first, I hit on "Team Press" and basically just kept throwing myself at them until I scored. Also added more low driven shots into my game, and managed to score a tonne of deflections. But alternating between "Team Press" and dropping super deep seemed to mess with a lot of people's heads.

But I really have to exclaim my love for Vardy some more. He was so lethal for me, making perfect runs and scoring from anywhere in the box. Easily the key component in getting me up to 14 wins for the first time this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

After packing pepe and martial so might actually give 4-2-4 a go, what tactics you using on your players?

Would be a front line of martial, POTM vardy, aubem and pepe

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    After packing pepe and martial so might actually give 4-2-4 a go, what tactics you using on your players?

Would be a front line of martial, POTM vardy, aubem and pepe

(I'm aware how sweaty this is and am not proud of it, but here goes...)

1 depth, drop back for defense, long ball for offense.

Strikers set to Stay Central, don't come back for defense, get in behind.

Wingers set for cut inside, don't come back for defense.

That basically encourages the front four to all hug the halfway line, as the other six drop back into defense. When you get the ball, you can whollop it forward. Generally find it usually sets it up to be 4 vs 4, so either hit a through pass to the wingers if there's space, or hit a pass to one of the strikers and try and 1-2 it so one makes a run past the defenders. All 4 should be charging forward then, and your opponent can try and cut lanes to one, but at least one of the other two should be running into space.

I have a mid two of Sissoko and Pogba. Sissoko, I set to stay back when attacking, Pogba to join the attack.

Oh, and both full backs are also set to hang back when attacking too.

If front four were getting tired then round 60-70 minutes, I have Promes, IF Malen and IF Bergwijn ready to come on.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    (I'm aware how sweaty this is and am not proud of it, but here goes...)

1 depth, drop back for defense, long ball for offense.

Strikers set to Stay Central, don't come back for defense, get in behind.

Wingers set for cut inside, don't come back for defense.
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    5-11. Awful weekend so far

Its not working for you :D

Its not working for you :D

You wanna keep reading there, Rossie? When I switched to those tactics, I went from 5-12 on Friday to 9-4 on Saturday, so yeah, i'd say it worked ;)

There’s a Jesus corona rttf sbc, 84 rated, only requires an 82 squad so very cheap but just be wary, what you see is what you get with this card, Porto are really struggling to qualify so unlikely to get an upgrade.
    I’ll probably just fire into club anyway Incase we get a ligue nos or Mexican first owner objective

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Yeah Porto are most likely getting knocked out so this is a really weird choice, but it's still a +3 upgrade on his regular card even if they do get knocked out.

Haha just got to level 10 on season 2 and it offers a choice of 2 tifos or else 7.5k in coins.

I shamefully took the fifa 95 tifo as it looks class :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Complained about it yesterday but starting to think about doing the Joe Gomez sbc. Have 200k plus a scream Romagnoli to sell. He'll be upgraded to 85 in a few weeks which makes the price seem much fairer, plus it's unlikely there'll be another special liverpool center back in this price range until for a good bit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement