Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

I'll give it a shot lord cheers!

4-2-4 was a formation I really liked last year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Lord TSC wrote: »
    You wanna keep reading there, Rossie? When I switched to those tactics, I went from 5-12 on Friday to 9-4 on Saturday, so yeah, i'd say it worked ;)

wouldn't consider 14-15 tactics working, being honest.
    you had a -6 ELO rating, so you would have been playing people who aren't exactly world beaters. I wouldn't read into your tactics to much.

I don't think there is a particular type of game style this year, trying to follow someone elses tactics will only end one way. Find your own play style and work on it, you'll find you improve as a player much more.

finished 14-0 this weekend. 4-1-2-1-2(2). no drop back, no fast build up, just balanced. no all star players. Dembele with another 20ish goals this weekend. Popped a Ben Yedder gold card beside him on 7 chem and hes doing the business. 5 star weak foot is beautiful.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Good man, Rossie.

I went from 1 win for every two losses to two 2 wins for every loss after changing tactics, and you're saying changing tactics didn't work. The arguing that people should "find their own play style" to improve their game immediately after dismissing me for doing the same.

You're a gas man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Here, does anyone watch Nick28T on Twitch. Have to say I find it hilarious watch a man genuinely freak out everytime he misplaced a pass due to what he says is delay.

I’m really not getting this delay that others seem to be getting. It’s an infinitely better game than last year. Not perfect but best iteration of FIFA in a long time.

Lord TSC wrote:
    I went from 1 win for every two losses to two 2 wins for every loss after changing tactics, and you're saying changing tactics didn't work. The arguing that people should "find their own play style" to improve their game immediately after dismissing me for doing the same.

I'm not saying it wasn't your tactics. But the people you are playing at a -6 ELO rating would be probably division 8-10 standard.
    You're reading too much into your performance.
    This isn't an attack on you or your performances, but playing a 4-2-4 against a semi decent player will have you annihilated.

People should just get the proper information and not get lead into thinking this formation will get them results.

• Advertisement

Here, does anyone watch Nick28T on Twitch. Have to say I find it hilarious watch a man genuinely freak out everytime he misplaced a pass due to what he says is delay.

I’m really not getting this delay that others seem to be getting. It’s an infinitely better game than last year. Not perfect but best iteration of FIFA in a long time.

Lol and he’s just raged quit a game, powered off the console and ended the steam without saying a word. Mans lost his mind

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Lol and he’s just raged quit a game, powered off the console and ended the steam without saying a word. Mans lost his mind

I saw that :pac:. He complains about kick off goals but scored more than his fair share of them. He also complains about people being 'toxic' but he walks to the half way line after most of his goals.

He's incredibly annoying to watch yet there's something oddly entertaining about it.

Gyan84 wrote: »
    I saw that :pac:. He complains about kick off goals but scored more than his fair share of them. He also complains about people being 'toxic' but he walks to the half way line after most of his goals.

He's incredibly annoying to watch yet there's something oddly entertaining about it.

Ah he’s a donkey. A funny donkey though. He’s awful at the game too. He rushes everything and tries passes at angles that worked in FIFA 19 but thankfully don’t work this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

On his Instagram story he just deleted his rich man account with thousands and thousands of Fifa points on it :pac: absolute weapon

Redzer7 wrote:
    On his Instagram story he just deleted his rich man account with thousands and thousands of Fifa points on it absolute weapon

Must be great to have an inside with ea who'll just give it back to him next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

RossieMan wrote: »
    Must be great to have an inside with ea who'll just give it back to him next week.

Pretty sure EA hate him, think he was caught using racial language of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Pretty sure EA hate him, think he was caught using racial language of some sort.

Yeah he called Man United's Bailly the n-word when he had him in his team and he conceded a goal. The amount of people in his chat who make excuses for that is worrying but I suppose he'd ban anyone that would say otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

A lot of the Fifa YouTubers come off as pretentious twats anyways. I think that applies for the majority of people on YouTube nowadays. Granted, some of them I do tolerate and arent as bad as the rest - Marshall and RTFM are the two I don’t mind watching.

Changed teams again and brought in Sissoko and DDG as I was on a terrible run and got relegated :pac: Playing a 4231 with O. Dembele, POTM Vardy & Saint-Maximin.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Yeah he called Man United's Bailly the n-word when he had him in his team and he conceded a goal. The amount of people in his chat who make excuses for that is worrying but I suppose he'd ban anyone that would say otherwise.

I don't watch a whole lot of FIFA Twitch/Youtube stuff but that clip of him shouting the n-word and then desperately trying to explain that he was actually trying to say "nincompoop" and it came out wrong is the most hilariously pathetic thing I've ever seen.

Also I had no idea there was a cutoff for WL registration, was only planning on going for Gold 3 this weekend so just went on to play my first games this evening and apparently I had to have my entry redeemed by 8am this morning, what's the point in that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Anyone any experience of 88 Keane?

Thinking of getting him to play cdm with Sissoko and using my tokens on Ferdinand

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Got the mbabu rttf objective complete, was easy enough after I got his loan card as just switched him to cam in game until he got an assist each match so was chalking off the Swiss assist and defender assist.
    He really is a beast as an 81, so if they get through he jumps to 84, anyone rocking a bundesliga team really should go for him
    (I know it’s probably near impossible in the higher divisions)

Glad I didn’t enter wl now as there’s no way I’d have got this done if I’d played wl with the icon swaps starting Monday, he’s probably better than any of the red picks I’ve got this year too.
    Of course there will be a Messi up for grabs in totw this week so maybe one of you will get him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

6-1 in WL so far. Just aiming for 14 wins to get those 2 red player picks with no restrictions on rating again.
    I’m really not getting this delay that others seem to be getting.

I think every streamer/YouTuber just uses delay as a convenient excuse when they lose or are being outplayed. It's definitely part of the game though, but not as constant as people make out. Friday, Saturday & Sunday evening were perfect for me last week, but then Sunday afternoon was bad. I had two games where my players just weren't responsive because of delay. Not basing this off of results either, I lost games each day. It's just a bit annoying when it feels you are being hindered because of delay.

With simple left stick dribbling on the top tier players being so incredibly good, it's very noticeable when there is delay because you can't do those micro turns/feints. I think some play styles are probably less immune to it - if you pass more than you dribble, you can avoid the delay by passing earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Anyone any experience of 88 Keane?

Thinking of getting him to play cdm with Sissoko and using my tokens on Ferdinand

Thinking the exact same, but though 600K is a lot for his 88 rated card.

I'm going to go for Rio in the icon swaps because he fits the gameplay better, but as being an Irish United fan, I really want to try Keane at some point.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Awesome. Decide to do a draft this morning, but game disconnects on first game before it even starts, and counts it as a loss. 15k down the drain :/

• Advertisement

Loads of information coming that if you rage quit of of WL games, it doesn't lower your form for matchmaking. So you could be 5-10 and quit out of all your losses, you'll be +5 and not -5 like you should be.

I know this has been going on for years and EA have never confirmed or denied it, bit might be of interest to some of the people struggling to get to 14 wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

The game is hilarious,lads spamming skill moves the whole way up the pitch to edge of the box then a McGeady spin.....it's so boring to watch/play against

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Loads of information coming that if you rage quit of of WL games, it doesn't lower your form for matchmaking. So you could be 5-10 and quit out of all your losses, you'll be +5 and not -5 like you should be.

I know this has been going on for years and EA have never confirmed or denied it, bit might be of interest to some of the people struggling to get to 14 wins.

I never knew about that. I’d had to quit many times in the WL but mainly due to the fact that I was never going to win the match and I would be stuck for time. I’d never get near playing 30 full games.

Yeah that's always been the rumoured case and I believe it, I never quit games even if I'm getting battered because of it.

Put about 800k into 85,86,87 rated.

They just seem way too low with a willian or Vinicius rttf sbc Tuesday.
    A Ben yedder potm weds/thurs and any random sbc that might pop up also.

Of course the problem is, if they’re priced ridiculously dear they’ll have little impact on fodder like the auba sbc.

Split my purchases between gold and ucl cards, that ucl sbc this evening seems very random, wondering if there will be ucl requirements in the icon objectives or the Vinicius/willian sbc

Yeah that's always been the rumoured case and I believe it, I never quit games even if I'm getting battered because of it.

It would be nice if they just confirmed or denied it. But information would be too much to ask for with EA.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Put about 800k into 85,86,87 rated.

They just seem way too low with a willian or Vinicius rttf sbc Tuesday.
    A Ben yedder potm weds/thurs and any random sbc that might pop up also.

Of course the problem is, if they’re priced ridiculously dear they’ll have little impact on fodder like the auba sbc.

Split my purchases between gold and ucl cards, that ucl sbc this evening seems very random, wondering if there will be ucl requirements in the icon objectives or the Vinicius/willian sbc

Yeah I'm ready for that Ben Yedder SBC, my guess is an 87 rated squad with a Ligue 1 player, an 87 rated squad with a French player, and an 86 rated squad with a TOTW player.

Also stocked up on some IF Keylor Navas cards because he's by far the cheapest 88 rated IF and he's Ligue 1.

It would be nice if they just confirmed or denied it. But information would be too much to ask for with EA.

I heard that towards the end of fifa 19, so I stayed playing in games I had no chance of winning and maybe it was just in my head but genuinely felt it was the case that they don’t count if you quit.

For those last 2 or 3 months of fifa 19 when I started doing that I was getting the 17 wins with games to spare and even got to 20 wins once whereas prior to that it was always 14 wins or scraping 17 in last or second last game.

So for me I do think you’re better off playing the games full but like I said, it could be just something I got in my head

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Dozyart wrote: »
    The game is hilarious,lads spamming skill moves the whole way up the pitch to edge of the box then a McGeady spin.....it's so boring to watch/play against

Found it the same this year, already given up on playing games in FUT because of the drag back spammers, it seems to be 2 out of every 3 players I come up against at this stage. Not fun to play at all, even when you can stop them.

Still trading and doing bits and pieces, but to play the game itself I go straight to seasons, it’s much closer to a game of actual football than whatever FUT has become and you’ll actually enjoy yourself.

Just speaking from personal experience, obviously FUT is still mega-popular so it does appeal to a lot of players seemingly.

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm ready for that Ben Yedder SBC, my guess is an 87 rated squad with a Ligue 1 player, an 87 rated squad with a French player, and an 86 rated squad with a TOTW player.

Also stocked up on some IF Keylor Navas cards because he's by far the cheapest 88 rated IF and he's Ligue 1.

Yeah it’ll be 400k minimum so going to require some high rated cards.

I won’t be doing it myself as have his otw untradeable, but hoping to sell some cards.

Actually that was the other thing I meant to advise, if this potm is reasonably priced (as in 350-420k) a lot of people will do it, the smart move would be to try pick up his otw a bit cheaper as some sell it off to go for the 86 rated potm, you might see the 85 rated otw drop to around 300 ish.

But of course the otw should (barring injury) get more upgrades, just something I’d be keeping an eye on when the sbc drops if I was planning on getting Ben yedder

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement