Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Yeah it’ll be 400k minimum so going to require some high rated cards.

I won’t be doing it myself as have his otw untradeable, but hoping to sell some cards.

Actually that was the other thing I meant to advise, if this potm is reasonably priced (as in 350-420k) a lot of people will do it, the smart move would be to try pick up his otw a bit cheaper as some sell it off to go for the 86 rated potm, you might see the 85 rated otw drop to around 300 ish.

But of course the otw should (barring injury) get more upgrades, just something I’d be keeping an eye on when the sbc drops if I was planning on getting Ben yedder

His OTW is already dropping (as are all higher rated cards) and could get a further shock drop upon POTM leaving it well below 300k

That’s why I’m a little apprehensive about investing in anything this weekend. Some of the top tier cards I had my eye on have dropped 200k since Friday. That’s on top of meta cards like Rashford etc all having halved in the last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    His OTW is already dropping (as are all higher rated cards) and could get a further shock drop upon POTM leaving it well below 300k

Wow, hadn’t realized that, he was 410k yesterday.
    That’s some drop, the potential potm is obviously effecting it.

Wow, hadn’t realized that, he was 410k yesterday.
    That’s some drop, the potential potm is obviously effecting it.

Yeah I only copped it this evening. Had been considering buying Mbappe on Thursday but once I decided I wasn’t going to do WL I left it but checked his price randomly this evening to see him down 200k, then checked others and it was all the same. Apart from R9 of course :pac:

Yeah I only copped it this evening. Had been considering buying Mbappe on Thursday but once I decided I wasn’t going to do WL I left it but checked his price randomly this evening to see him down 200k, then checked others and it was all the same. Apart from R9 of course :pac:

Haha, I’m going to steer well clear of these big cards for trading so, especially with Black Friday so soon.

I’ll stick to what I know, sbc fodder :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

If his OTW costs less than his potm his OTW is a no brainer.

• Advertisement

Haha, I’m going to steer well clear of these big cards for trading so, especially with Black Friday so soon.

I’ll stick to what I know, sbc fodder :D

How far do prices crash around thanksgiving/Black Friday?

This is my first year in 5/6 playing FUT and I’ve seen it referenced in several places now that the market always crashes then. I’ve been dragging my heels building a more “premium” team and given its only two weeks away now I might just leave it until then if anything I buy is going to plummet in price anyway.

RossieMan wrote: »
    If his OTW costs less than his potm his OTW is a no brainer.

Yeah you’ll have to be very quick at weighing it up after sbc drops.
    I could almost guarantee the sbc will cost more than the 330k he’s selling for now, but he might drop even more up til the sbc weds/thurs.
    I didn’t realise he had already dropped that much when I made the first post.
    Very tough to get the timing right for anyone looking to buy.

Also worth noting France are at home to Moldova Thursday so should see an increase then.

If it were me I’d just monitor it and if he goes lower than 320k I’d buy but that’s just me, he could hit under 300k so up to each individual looking for him how risky they want to be

Always better to buy before bottom, or before you think it's bottom. Be happy to have that little bit extra rather than holding off and then for him to increase 50k in an hour.

Won't have the coins to but him myself anyway, wasting all my coins in draft recently and packing nothing.

How far do prices crash around thanksgiving/Black Friday?

This is my first year in 5/6 playing FUT and I’ve seen it referenced in several places now that the market always crashes then. I’ve been dragging my heels building a more “premium” team and given its only two weeks away now I might just leave it until then if anything I buy is going to plummet in price anyway.

I don’t really pay that much attention to the higher cards, I know some people sell up their teams and then try to buy back on Black Friday.
    I just keep my players like pogba, IF griezmann etc, if I’m happy using them I don’t really care if they lose some value, but yeah in your position, if you’re looking to buy I’d maybe hold off for the 2 weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

I went balls deep on investments the other day for the Ben yedder card.

Bought three or four of each of navas, tiago silva, marquinious, veratti, Di Maria and cavanni.

I'll either lose my **** or push in but the fact I have aubem in my squad now I couldn't care less.

• Advertisement

The market is so over saturated with everything I don't think 1 sbc card will effect the market enough to make any serious bank on it. It's going to take 3 or 4 really good SBCs close together to fix this market.

Think I'm going to do Gomez this week. He's actually not as bad value wise as it looked when he first came out. If they reach the quarters hed be 7-800k in the market anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Yeah Gomez' value is fine, they're clearly factoring in the fact that Liverpool have made the final 2 years running and are likely to do well again.

The market is so over saturated with everything I don't think 1 sbc card will effect the market enough to make any serious bank on it. It's going to take 3 or 4 really good SBCs close together to fix this market.

Think I'm going to do Gomez this week. He's actually not as bad value wise as it looked when he first came out. If they reach the quarters hed be 7-800k in the market anyway.

Read reviews on him and Gomez is meant to be class, better than militao rttf from the ones I read.

Oh I’m not expecting huge returns on the fodder unless there’s an unbelievable sbc that “everyone does” but with a few sbc’s coming quickly after each other, say Vinicius Tuesday, Ben yedder Wednesday and probably a united player rttf Friday I’m hoping I can make a bit on my fodder.

In the meantime I’m listing cards for lazies at 4/5k more than I paid and already sold 5 in 2 cycles so going surprisingly ok so far (Thiago and vertonghen the ones that sold)

I’m keeping an eye on the rttf dembele myself, bit reluctant to spend 850k at the moment though cos he won’t go beyond 87 rated until March, if he dropped closer to 600/650 I’d be very interested

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

The basic Gomez is terrific, i have him at CB with Matip, very solid partnership, have had a few msg's after games, complaining about how stupidly good he is, so i can only imagine how good he'll be with that card, i bought TOTW Abraham this morning, excellant at linking the play with 84 finishing, and at 6'5, a few crosses might suit him to

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Blitz17

Finished on 20-8. No point playing remaining 2 games.

Roll on garbage picks for consecutive weeks 🙄

This one made me smile, even actual pro’s complaining about Fifa
    https://twitter.com/mbatshuayi/status/1193942040649895943?s=21

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Icon stuff up.

Win 5 rival matches with 11 UCL players
    4 rials with 7 first owned players from the 5 major leagues
    4 rivals with 11 first owned players
    5 rivals with 11 Brazilian players

Squad battles
    Win 6 squad battles with EFL, Turkish, Mexian and Portugese league teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Legendary squad battles too.. should be grand. Apparently there’s a glitch to win legendary too.

Legendary squad battles too.. should be grand. Apparently there’s a glitch to win legendary too.

Ugh, of course it's Legendary with the worst team too.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Icon stuff up.

Win 5 rival matches with 11 UCL players
    4 rials with 7 first owned players from the 5 major leagues
    4 rivals with 11 first owned players
    5 rivals with 11 Brazilian players

Squad battles
    Win 6 squad battles with EFL, Turkish, Mexian and Portugese league teams.

Less straight forward than the first batch so. Should have bought a load of UCL cards :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Glad I got the first 12. Only need 4 for Rio. I don't think I'll bother with the other 8 to get Pep or Okocha. Definitely more difficult than the first batch. Something like 50+ games needed between squad battle and rivals (unless you try and combine some - UCL brazilians are going to go through the roof).

Did anyone else get their pre-order packs? I opened one of mine yesterday, saved the other. Now it's gone?

Going for Gerrard so I only need 7 of these, nothing to spend the remaining 5 on anyway so won't bother getting them. Was hoping they'd offer untradeable packs for leftover tokens like they did with FUT Swaps.

Jesus Christ. What a grind this **** is going to be again. Just back up to near div 2 and now it'll be relegation to at least 4 again to get these done.

It's basically the exact same again with more games to play. No originality at all.

I really need to have a think about what I want from the Icons.

I've said Drogba for ages on the back of wanting a proper top tier striker. But it's not that I have an emotional attatchment to him. It's just wanting "The best Icon freely available".

On the other hand, I could easily go for Rio, who probably is going to be my starting center back for a few months and is a United player. And just look to save for an Icon striker I actually care about. And given Rio is "cheaper" in terms of tokens, I could either not work as hard, or invest the others into Schmichael from a United point of view too (Though Ter Stegen is phenomenal for me).

Drogba is suppose to be pretty clunky and not all that great from the reviews I've seen. He was a beast in the Beta and opening patch but he's been merged massively from what I've seen. Apparently zanetti or Rio are the ones to go for defensively. Butra if you want a striker.

Drogba is suppose to be pretty clunky and not all that great from the reviews I've seen. He was a beast in the Beta and opening patch but he's been merged massively from what I've seen. Apparently zanetti or Rio are the ones to go for defensively. Butra if you want a striker.

I'm deleberately trying to avoid any Icons I used extensively last year (bar Gulliet and R9, but they'd take miracles, lol). I adored Butra last year, and I'd say he'd be lethal in the current pacey meta. But I played with him for months, so am avoiding him this year.

Same with Rui Costa, Zola, Keane, Petit, Best and Blanc.

Getting Rio, putting him alongside my Pique in front of Ter Stegan, probably locks in that trio of positions for a few months though.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

Unfortunately won't get to play FUT for a few weeks, am I better off selling everything now in the hope black Friday reduces market somewhat when I return, hence making a profit?

Considering zanetti too, the drogba reviews are a little concerning.
    He’d have been an absolute beast in fifa19.
    I just feel with drogba he wouldn’t still be my starting striker in 2 months time whereas zanetti is locked in for the remainder of fifa20......but, rb is not the most crucial position on the field, so decisions decisions.

Oh I’ll see how I get on with the tokens anyway and decide in a couple of weeks.

It's typical that they add Drogba to the game in a year where heading is almost non-existent.

Also I still can't get over how bad the value of that Base Icon pack is, if you calculate the odds based on current player prices you've got a 28% chance of packing the base version of an Icon already available through Icon Swaps for fewer tokens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

For the 1st time in years, i love my fifa team, not the best at 82ovr but they play just so good, 22 rival wins and 3 losses since yesterday

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement