Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

On a more positive note, only using storyline politano for first time over the last couple of days and he is so silky!!
    Wonder will his upgrades be objective based or real life based, he could be one hell of a card with further upgrades.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Just had someone equalise 40 minutes in to a Rivals game where I was going for objectives and then as they were celebrating they paused, quit, and then DMed me laughing that they wasted my time.

First of all it's ridiculous that you still don't get the win when your opponent forfeits.

Secondly, how sad can you get :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,964 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Not even going to attempt any more icon bullcrud tokens, I'll use my 12 on Crespo or Carlos. Jump this high, jump that high. Sod that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Just had someone equalise 40 minutes in to a Rivals game where I was going for objectives and then as they were celebrating they paused, quit, and then DMed me laughing that they wasted my time.

First of all it's ridiculous that you still don't get the win when your opponent forfeits.

Secondly, how sad can you get :pac:

And this is why I turned off messages from people not on my friends list on PSN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Relegating myself while doing some of the politano objective worked well for the icon swaps. Got 5 wins with my bundesliga team, 3 with my premier league and 1 with my ligue 1 tonight thanks to rage quits so well on my way to getting the mbabu and the last few tokens I need for Gerrard.

Would rather score a 100 headed goals off the post than play squad battles with a championship team on Legendary. I know there are bronze teams but still.

Will probably do the Gomez sbc tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Divisions are crap again, stupid online swaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

decided to do the gomez sbc, once he goes up to 85 I think he will slot in nicely instead of Toby alderweld into my defence, got nothing in packs though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Not gonna bother with any of them icon swaps, happy with Carlos and nobody else remaining would make it into my team anyways, a good complaint I suppose :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Was a big Fifa 19 player but decided to skip this year because I wanted to play some games instead of just grinding Fifa every evening

Am I missing out on much? Haven't been following it really but it seems like there are a few new things to grind for, season objectives and milestones, etc., are these any good?

I've seen that the gameplay/servers still has issues

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Need 6 more to get Zanetti and got two of those with a strong all-prem all-first owner team. Last 4 should be ok too I think, have a strong Bundesliga all-first-owner XI (might add 4 bought players to boost it a bit), same for Seria A, Ligue 1 might be a bit more of a squeeze, have the POTM striker, a goalie, Marquinhos, Icardi, Balde, Kimpembe and Gueye as my 7 first owned cards I think which should be a decent foundation for a team.

If I stick with Zanetti that'll mean no SBs and avoiding the UCL, Brazilian and La Liga one.

Already have pre-buyers remorse on Zanetti so must have a look at the others before I push the button.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Leaning more towards Rivaldo if Drogba really is that poor. I'm struggling to find a CAM that plays well and him with a chem style for some added pace could be it. Rio would be decent but I'm happy enough with Scream Pique & Varane as it stands.

Don't see many people mentioning Owen, looks like he'd fit the current gameplay well?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Adamcp898 wrote:
    Don't see many people mentioning Owen, looks like he'd fit the current gameplay well?

He's always been a terrible icon on every other addition, so I don't think he'd be worth the coins myself. Problem with Owen is butra is less tokens and a much better player for this game cycle. I'd nearly risk the base icon pack at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

I see people are packing mid icons from their base pack. Tempted myself now.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

that's how they get you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

3 tokens away from Rio. I find this set of objectives to be a pain though - it's like they got bored halfway through. I'd love to know why they decided to repeat some of the objectives but increase it from 3 wins to 4.

blaa85 wrote: »
    I see people are packing mid icons from their base pack. Tempted myself now.

Typical lol, another balls up.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

v3ttel wrote: »
    3 tokens away from Rio. I find this set of objectives to be a pain though - it's like they got bored halfway through. I'd love to know why they decided to repeat some of the objectives but increase it from 3 wins to 4.

They also removed the objectives that you could do with your main team:

Win 9 FUT Champs games
    Win 3 Rivals games with a Max 83 rated squad
    Score 20 goals with first owner players

If better icons are actually in the 18 token pack then that muddies the waters somewhat. It could be the only way I'll ever own Pele, R9 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Jeez the gameplay seems a bit off after the update, my DM whose set to not attack is sprinting past my striker to get in the box, AI interceptions look a bit over the top, keepers reaction time the same, might play squad battles for a while, think im safely ranked 1st in rivals for this week

Jeez the gameplay seems a bit off after the update, my DM whose set to not attack is sprinting past my striker to get in the box, AI interceptions look a bit over the top, keepers reaction time the same, might play squad battles for a while, think im safely ranked 1st in rivals for this week

Unless you have 25-30k rivals you'll be knocked out for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    If better icons are actually in the 18 token pack then that muddies the waters somewhat. It could be the only way I'll ever own Pele, R9 etc.

I'm in the same boat as you but the fear of getting someone I'd never want it real....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

RossieMan wrote: »
    Unless you have 25-30k rivals you'll be knocked out for sure.

Im still meeting teams with the same rating as mine, but the gameplay has definitely changed, players were all over the place

I must've won ten games on the bounce there, everyone quitting after going a couple of goals down. No craic in that :(

Two 85’s & an 84 rated squad to get RTTF William. Bit steep for what will probably finish as a 87/88 card plus I don’t run an EPL team. Although Aguero’s price is currently tempting me to throw one together :pac:

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Two 85’s & an 84 rated squad to get RTTF William. Bit steep for what will probably finish as a 87/88 card plus I don’t run an EPL team. Although Aguero’s price is currently tempting me to throw one together :pac:

Yeah a bit on the steep side and packs are very poor too.
    Really making Gomez value look pretty decent when compared to that

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Yeah a bit on the steep side and packs are very poor too.
    Really making Gomez value look pretty decent when compared to that

Compared to Vardy it’s a robbery :pac:
    ImANoob08 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat as you but the fear of getting someone I'd never want it real....

Also, EA have apparently corrected this unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

Vardy/Zaha/Aubamayang...every ****ing game.

Game is becoming very annoying playing the same teams more or less over and over again with the same tactics.

Yea seems they've fixed the glitch, according to a few reports. Probably Butra for myself, really don't see anything else better.

Got the samba and ucl done together with 11 ucl Brazilians, I knew when we got the ucl players for no reason in sbc on Sunday they’d be used.

I bought ucl Jesus for 5k Sunday, sold him for 30k today
    Ucl ederson bought for 22k Sunday, sold for 58k today

Doing similar with premier league wins, combining it with the 11 first owner objectives

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Butra or Zanetti for me I’d say... was going to go for the lot and get Crespo + Carlos but cba grinding that many squad battles.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement