Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Think I’ve decided on drogba, if you could get anyone other than schmeichel along with zanetti I’d probably go for zanetti but unfortunately ea did schmeichel dirty with his card being nowhere near as good a keeper as he was in real life.

I’d never use his card, even as a united fan so it just comes down then to drogba or zanetti and a full back doesn’t overly excite me after all that grinding so I’ll roll the dice on drogba.
    Who knows what the meta will be in a couple of patches anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Got the samba and ucl done together with 11 ucl Brazilians, I knew when we got the ucl players for no reason in sbc on Sunday they’d be used.

I bought ucl Jesus for 5k Sunday, sold him for 30k today
    Ucl ederson bought for 22k Sunday, sold for 58k today

Doing similar with premier league wins, combining it with the 11 first owner objectives

Jesus if ederson is going for that I might sell now in the hype and buy his base card...

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    Jesus if ederson is going for that I might sell now in the hype and buy his base card...

Oh defo go for it if you don’t have a full Brazilian ucl team.
    He’ll quickly come back down over the coming days as people complete these objectives.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

It's only November and I'm kind of bored of it already, happened me last year too but it was after Christmas last year, nothing really to grind for.

Don't want any of the Icons after getting Carlos, don't want Politano, the only one who "kind of" interests me is Mbabu but not enough for me to want to use a full Bundesliga team in div 4.

The three players for season two are absolute pish aswel which doesn't help.

Got Call Of Duty too so that's taking away my interest in Fifa, hopefully they bring something worthwhile to grind for soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Redzer7 wrote: »
    It's only November and I'm kind of bored of it already, happened me last year too but it was after Christmas last year, nothing really to grind for.

Don't want any of the Icons after getting Carlos, don't want Politano, the only one who "kind of" interests me is Mbabu but not enough for me to want to use a full Bundesliga team in div 4.

The three players for season two are absolute pish aswel which doesn't help.

Got Call Of Duty too so that's taking away my interest in Fifa, hopefully they bring something worthwhile to grind for soon.

Same! Even trading is boring me. In the process of selling two PCs and building another so that I can play Call of Duty... reckon when that’s done, I won’t be playing FIFA as much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Got 3 tokens done last night handily enough. Most were just insta quitting if I scored a goal early so managed to get the 3 tokens in 10 or 11 games as combined two of them.

Got Keane and stuck a shadow on him. He’s a 93 DM and he plays like one. His aggression and strength means he just brushes people off in contact and his passing is excellent too. I’d recommend him anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Got 3 tokens done last night handily enough. Most were just insta quitting if I scored a goal early so managed to get the 3 tokens in 10 or 11 games as combined two of them.

Got Keane and stuck a shadow on him. He’s a 93 DM and he plays like one. His aggression and strength means he just brushes people off in contact and his passing is excellent too. I’d recommend him anyway.

He's the only other one I'm considering beyond Zanetti I think, better than Kante?

hots wrote: »
    He's the only other one I'm considering beyond Zanetti I think, better than Kante?

I found base kante an awful lot better than prime keane in fifa 19, haven’t used keane in fifa 20 yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Kante is the best gold CM/CDM in the game once again. Only a few icons are better. Keane is not one of those icons.

I feel sorry for anyone who unlocked pep as they now have an absolute grind on their hands to get another decent icon. It's really not easy to unlock the online ones this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

RossieMan wrote: »
    Kante is the best gold CM/CDM in the game once again. Only a few icons are better. Keane is not one of those icons.

I feel sorry for anyone who unlocked pep as they now have an absolute grind on their hands to get another decent icon. It's really not easy to unlock the online ones this time around.

Ye I’d disagree anyway. I have had Kante this year and he’s exceptional. Keane, whilst I’ve only used him for 3 games, feels better to me. Keane’s passing is what sets him apart.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Whats the thoughts on the Willian SBC?

200k for an 84 RW obviously isn't great value. It's basically a gamble though on how Chelsea do in Europe.

Lord TSC wrote: »

200k for an 84 RW obviously isn't great value. It's basically a gamble though on how Chelsea do in Europe.

Wouldn’t touch it personally.

Chelsea have a tough enough task to get through group with Valencia away next.
    But if they do get through, he goes to 86 (in December)
    He’s then static for 3 months and might get 1 more upgrade if chelsea get a favour able second round game.

So realistically you’re looking at 200k for an 86 rw.

Sterling is available around 95k now and would be a much better player.
    I really liked him when I had him but sold him to accommodate my French players

Sterling is available around 95k now and would be a much better player.
    I really liked him when I had him but sold him to accommodate my French players

Yeah. I think I just miss burning my coins on SBCs :p

I want to grab someone to play LW this weekend, so might try out a 7 chem Sterling. Other option would be Sane too.

I have 1m to spend, but am reluctant to spend too heavily with Black Friday approaching. Tempted to grab Neymar at that point and build a bit around him.

Yeah. I think I just miss burning my coins on SBCs :p

I want to grab someone to play LW this weekend, so might try out a 7 chem Sterling. Other option would be Sane too.

I have 1m to spend, but am reluctant to spend too heavily with Black Friday approaching. Tempted to grab Neymar at that point and build a bit around him.

What kind of team are you rocking at the moment?

The Gomez sbc looks good value and we should get Ben yedder potm today and gnabry potm Friday along with another rttf sbc Friday so def don’t do willian for the sake of an sbc :)

Yeah sterling at 7 chem would still be very good, worth a punt for the weekend and easy sell if he doesn’t suit you

Too much, too many alternatives and I doubt we get further than the next round.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Yeah Willian SBC is far too expensive for what will most likely end up as an 87/88 max. Hoping for a decent Arsenal / United Europa League RTTF SBC on Friday.

Frisbee wrote: »
    Yeah Willian SBC is far too expensive for what will most likely end up as an 87/88 max. Hoping for a decent Arsenal / United Europa League RTTF SBC on Friday.

Same, either would be good for most people to link with Ozil or Chong I guess (didn't do either myself). Hoping for something interesting mostly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

A lot of whispers that it might be di Maria for ligue 1 POTM.
    Be interesting to see what happens.

Just checked Ben yedders otw card after I seen your post and it’s jumped back from 330k at midday to 380k now so yeah it would seem leaks don’t have him as the winner anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

lol no way. After all the Ben Yeder hype. Will be interesting to see how it stacks up against his IF card if true.

• Advertisement

Position would make or break that really, wouldn't fancy it much as a winger but could be a cool CAM... Zanetti watch heightened.

Totw

Good luck with the red picks tomorrow, that Messi in There
    https://twitter.com/easportsfifa/status/1194631004519948289?s=21

Alex Telles might lead to a few cheap Roberto Carlos ICONs. No picks for me this week.

What kind of team are you rocking at the moment?

The Gomez sbc looks good value and we should get Ben yedder potm today and gnabry potm Friday along with another rttf sbc Friday so def don’t do willian for the sake of an sbc :)

Yeah sterling at 7 chem would still be very good, worth a punt for the weekend and easy sell if he doesn’t suit you

Roughly...
    Zaha - Vardy
    St-Maxim
    Salah
    Sissoko - Pogba
    IF Hernandez - Umtiti - Pique - Wan Bassika
    Ter Stegan

If I get Rio, then the two CBs and goalkeeper are locked. LW is my weakest point by a mile; Maxim is pacy and not much else, hence looking at Sterling or Sane to keep the pace but add more attacking threat. Happy with my mid two. Wing backs are mainly just extra bodies in defense, and I'm happish with.

Feel my goal long term is to improve my attacking options, but want to go for big, once off purchases.

Will see what I get tomorrow, and decide then. Defo one of Sterling or Sane going into the team though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Totw

Good luck with the red picks tomorrow, that Messi in There
    https://twitter.com/easportsfifa/status/1194631004519948289?s=21

Van De Beek in the TOTW, pity he played drop back against me with his full team of icons last year the prick :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Tiago silva up... 85 rated squad with an if...

Half thinking of it for that 90rated silva

Thiago Silva POTM lol

So much hope for that WBY card all smashed with not even a paltry Angel di Maria to make up for it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

They've given Thiago Silva a +1 DEF upgrade on his IF.

• Advertisement

Ben yedder otw up at 430k now.

I did shout it at 330k Sunday night.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement