Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Sold UCL ederson for 55k bought the base card for 23k.

People are funny.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    Sold UCL ederson for 55k bought the base card for 23k.

People are funny.

People trying to combine the Brazillian and UCL icon tasks, I'm guessing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Ben yedder otw up at 430k now.

I did shout it at 330k Sunday night.

Sell him if you got him I say. Purely knee jerk reaction to the POTM news, he’ll be back down with the rest of the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Lord TSC wrote: »
    People trying to combine the Brazillian and UCL icon tasks, I'm guessing?

Oh yeah 100% won't be doing that part of the swaps so sold off what I had, crazy stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Did all the online swaps and the efl sb. Still no idea what icon to get.

As a Leeds fan, I had no problem doing that sb objective, got a chance to use the team. Not looking forward to the other 18 sb's though. I'm burnt out now though, no more games till the weekend for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Played about 9 games with a prem side I threw together and lost all 9... DDG is dreadful in goal so sold him on straight away and abandoned the prem objective. Went to La Liga and finally won a game... so that’s my progress so far with the swaps :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

I need 4 more to get drogba (or zanetti + schmeichel)

2 online and 2 squad battles.

I think removing icon sbc’s to replace it with this garbage is one of the worst decisions ea has made.
    It’s not fun, it’s an absolute chore! It’s ruined rivals for the casual player too as so many have dropped down divisions, so your average joe in div 7 or whatever just wanting a couple of games after work is constantly getting battered by div3 or 4 players etc.
    It’s absolutely destroyed the market, in forms and high rated cards hold very little value, why on earth would you pay for fifa points when you might occasionally pack and 88 rated card and it’s only worth 20k.

I’m really trying to stick with fifa but finding such little motivation.
    Like it’s grand, I’ll get the icon in a couple of days from a very mediocre selection pool but for icon swaps 2 & 3 we’ve to repeat this whole process again?
    And they’ve manipulated the prices of icons so much that the likes of prime R9 will be 10mil plus, it’s hard to motivate yourself to build “the ultimate team” when you know the best players will no longer be feasible like they were in fifa 18 and 19.

And the league sbc’s might aswell not exist either, pointless players and rubbish packs, feels like it was just a token gesture adding them in.

Sorry for the essay rant......I’m just really struggling to find stuff to keep me on fifa20.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I need 4 more to get drogba (or zanetti + schmeichel)

2 online and 2 squad battles.

I think removing icon sbc’s to replace it with this garbage is one of the worst decisions ea has made.
    It’s not fun, it’s an absolute chore! It’s ruined rivals for the casual player too as so many have dropped down divisions, so your average joe in div 7 or whatever just wanting a couple of games after work is constantly getting battered by div3 or 4 players etc.
    It’s absolutely destroyed the market, in forms and high rated cards hold very little value, why on earth would you pay for fifa points when you might occasionally pack and 88 rated card and it’s only worth 20k.

I’m really trying to stick with fifa but finding such little motivation.
    Like it’s grand, I’ll get the icon in a couple of days from a very mediocre selection pool but for icon swaps 2 & 3 we’ve to repeat this whole process again?
    And they’ve manipulated the prices of icons so much that the likes of prime R9 will be 10mil plus, it’s hard to motivate yourself to build “the ultimate team” when you know the best players will no longer be feasible like they were in fifa 18 and 19.

And the league sbc’s might aswell not exist either, pointless players and rubbish packs, feels like it was just a token gesture adding them in.

Sorry for the essay rant......I’m just really struggling to find stuff to keep me on fifa20.

100% agree. Nothing but sweaty ***** time wasting from the get-go to get the win. Usually when they do that I just give up, so I guess it’s a tactic that’s working which just isn’t fun. Not sure how EA would tackle it though.. I guess putting in an objectives game mode that matches by skill rating that you can’t see might work, or just simply putting back in the SBCs alongside objectives themselves.

100% agree. Nothing but sweaty ***** time wasting from the get-go to get the win. Usually when they do that I just give up, so I guess it’s a tactic that’s working which just isn’t fun. Not sure how EA would tackle it though.. I guess putting in an objectives game mode that matches by skill rating that you can’t see might work, or just simply putting back in the SBCs alongside objectives themselves.

Yeah I think that last part is the solution, these objectives along with the sbc’s could’ve been fun, you could choose to do them, or you could carry on with the sbc’s as normal.
    It would’ve been a way for the more casual player to get icons.
    But because this is the absolute only way you can get certain icons now (without purchasing off the market which is inflated for icons without the sbc’s) people feel this is something they have to do rather than optional and you’re right, the toxic ness of the matches is unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

100%, they weren't planning them and only added them after the backlash imo. This time last year we already had 10 released, right now we're sitting on 3.

• Advertisement

Also I'm 1 token away from Gerrard and really cba playing any more Squad Battles. That Base Icon pack for 18 is calling me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

But who said there won't be Icon sbc....

Because I couldn't find anything official.

How are the prime Icons going to be earned, then?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Jesus I am getting absolutely lamped the last few days, losing games 8-2, 7-3, 6-1 all over the place. Got battered by a lad with 2 players with an 80+ rating (all brazilian team), another to a guy with a team only on 70 odd chemistry and another game I lost 7-3 despite having 19 shots on target to his 8! Frustrating is not the word.

Has something changed since the patch or is it simply lads dropping down divisions deliberately to get easier wins as the post on the last page said? Thought it was my internet the first night but obviously not. I would definitely be in that casual player bracket that plays a few games in the evening. I got all of the 7 rivals wins for the icon swaps last time handy enough but at the rate it's going I will drop like a stone through the divisions!

Also I'm 1 token away from Gerrard and really cba playing any more Squad Battles. That Base Icon pack for 18 is calling me :o

Ahhhhhh fcuk it I'm doing the Icon Pack, Jari Litmanen here I come!

wonski wrote: »
    But who said there won't be Icon sbc....

Because I couldn't find anything official.

How are the prime Icons going to be earned, then?

Same way you’re earning the baby’s and mids now.

Probably literally the same, if season two is anything to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

IIRC they confirmed when they announced icon swaps that there would be no more player-specific icon sbcs. Meaning only base, middle, prime etc and even those might stay limited to icon swap rewards.

Did Gomez's sbc tonight. Got absolutely nothing in the packs although it feels like there are hardly any gold cards that are worth anything anymore.

Only need a couple more wins for Mbabu and Gerrard as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Same way you’re earning the baby’s and mids now.

Probably literally the same, if season two is anything to go by.

I remember reading the notes someone linked before and while not having Icon requirement for sbc was mentioned, it was kind of vague (which is my main issue with EA tbh)

I just don't want it to end up like league sbc which definitely wasn't said anywhere officially yet the entire community believed there won't be because it wasn't dropped first thing in the morning same date like last year.

I don't mind them being spread over longer term personally, but those who have few leagues done in full might think otherwise of course.

giphy.gif

Not bad not great, looks like a really good card but he's only worth like 400k so could've just bought him. In saying that I'm not upset I did it, wasn't too interested in any of the Icons from this batch, Gerrard included.

Red Telles and Ricardo Perriera.

Pretty happy with those two, actually. Probably use both. Telles in particular (though will have to adjust my team a bit. But was saying about looking for a new LW anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Telles and der beek for myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Van De Beek in the TOTW, pity he played drop back against me with his full team of icons last year the prick :pac:

You couldn't write it :pac:

20191114-090844.jpg

wonski wrote: »
    I remember reading the notes someone linked before and while not having Icon requirement for sbc was mentioned, it was kind of vague (which is my main issue with EA tbh)

I just don't want it to end up like league sbc which definitely wasn't said anywhere officially yet the entire community believed there won't be because it wasn't dropped first thing in the morning same date like last year.

I don't mind them being spread over longer term personally, but those who have few leagues done in full might think otherwise of course.

here’s the link
    https://www.ea.com/games/fifa/fifa-20/news/pitch-notes-fut20-icons

Unfortunately it’s in there,
    “There will be no individual or player pick icon sbc’s in fut20”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Got Orsic with his mental stats and some useless defender. Will be doing the 86 + upgrade pack next week if I don't pack anyone decent.

New card design added, suggestions are that it’s a la liga Potm

https://twitter.com/futwatch/status/1194810556827480064?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

New card design added, suggestions are that it’s a la liga Potm

https://twitter.com/futwatch/status/1194810556827480064?s=21

Messi SBC for 20k :pac:

I swear to god, the attitudes I'm coming up against are getting worse and worse.

I'm trying to do the Italian league bit for the icon, with 11 first owner players, with a little bit of the Pollitino stuff as well. Which is to say, my team is pretty bad playing rivals.

Every. single. match. I'm getting matched with people who insist on shushing me as they put 3 or 4 past. Im not playing "negative" tactics. It's just entirely people trying to be asses because they can see I'm trying to do some objectives.

I don't get that sort of mentality at all. Well done, you're playing 1 depth with a super team against a pretty basic 80 rated team, and winning. Why not do the stupid Pogba celebration for the 6th time? That will show me for wanting to try and earn an objective.

Anyway, I'm skipping Weekend League this weekend. Partily to focus on the Icon objectives, partly cause I want the time available if a United player is chosen for this week's version of Mbambu.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Lord TSC wrote:
    Anyway, I'm skipping Weekend League this weekend. Partily to focus on the Icon objectives, partly cause I want the time available if a United player is chosen for this week's version of Mbambu.

Ya I'm the same as yourself. Doing mbambu objective at the moment. Only have 3 more squad battles to do scoring with wolfsberg players. I'm completing that with the liga nos icon objective. Rivals is toxic at the moment. It's very off putting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

4 games this morning and 4 players quit before kick off, think i'll call it a day now

Edit: just got a msg from one of the guys apologising for quitting but he needs to go down divisions cos doing swap icons is easier, is that right? Iv'e been looking at doing them but dont have near enough the amount of players required

It’s easier in theory...unless everyone has the exact same idea.

Personally, I’ve dropped to div6 but I’m still trying to win games, as opposed to wasting everyone’s time with deliberately dropping.

• Advertisement

I swear to god, the attitudes I'm coming up against are getting worse and worse.

I'm trying to do the Italian league bit for the icon, with 11 first owner players, with a little bit of the Pollitino stuff as well. Which is to say, my team is pretty bad playing rivals.

Every. single. match. I'm getting matched with people who insist on shushing me as they put 3 or 4 past. Im not playing "negative" tactics. It's just entirely people trying to be asses because they can see I'm trying to do some objectives.

I don't get that sort of mentality at all. Well done, you're playing 1 depth with a super team against a pretty basic 80 rated team, and winning. Why not do the stupid Pogba celebration for the 6th time? That will show me for wanting to try and earn an objective.

The attitude of people to others doing objectives is baffling, do they think there’s a limited number of each player and you’re taking theirs.

The majority of people will genuinely go out of their way to prevent you doing an objective, you’ll get the odd decent skin but they’re very few and far between.

Yesterday when I was playing rivals it actually really got to me, it was relentless.
    And you can tell them from the start because they’ll wait the full 15 second or so to kick off when their player is stood on the centre circle

And even as said above, the people who are quitting on kick off to go down the divisions, that’s particularly annoying when they can see I’m using a loan mertens, if you’re going to cheat your way down to a lower division to complete the objective, fine, I’ve no issue with that as such because I know we’re all feeling the frustration but you could at least bang an own goal in before you waste my time and a contract on my loan player.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement