Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Lord TSC wrote: »
    It’s easier in theory...unless everyone has the exact same idea.

Personally, I’ve dropped to div6 but I’m still trying to win games, as opposed to wasting everyone’s time with deliberately dropping.

Same, you're likely enough to drop naturally because you're playing with a worse team.

I like the objectives, if it weren't for the fact that people are cheesing it by dropping divisions, I can't really think of a good way to stop it though. Could you max the number of relegations in a period? Or if you get relegated you lose X number of points towards that week's rewards?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

ive always been of the opinion that if the other person quits ( and fifa rightly record that as a loss) you should get a win. total games played by all on fifa wins should equal losses

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

seamie78 wrote: »
    ive always been of the opinion that if the other person quits ( and fifa rightly record that as a loss) you should get a win. total games played by all on fifa wins should equal losses

Yeah defo, they’re able to count it as a game played (which is particularly annoying when using loan players) so no reason they shouldn’t count it as a win.
    It’s even worse when you’ve played 60 mins or so and are level, they get a red card and quit and you get nothing to show for it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I’m debating picking up a console for Xmas but the complaints about Fifa are seriously putting me off. I feel that I’m missing out on nothing this year judging from what I’m reading.
    And the toxicity seems to be ramping up.
    Might be best to hold out for the next console release and get Fifa 21 with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I generally don't get mad at the game but nothing gets me irrationally angry like a person quitting when you're through on goal or win a penalty but you still don't get the win because you hadn't scored yet :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I see RTTF Militao is over 500k, might sell mine and do the Gomez sbc instead, or just buy VVD

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    I see RTTF Militao is over 500k, might sell mine and do the Gomez sbc instead, or just buy VVD

Do you not like him? Was thinking of getting rid of VVD and getting Militao.

Blazer wrote: »
    I’m debating picking up a console for Xmas but the complaints about Fifa are seriously putting me off. I feel that I’m missing out on nothing this year judging from what I’m reading.
    And the toxicity seems to be ramping up.
    Might be best to hold out for the next console release and get Fifa 21 with it.

Ah steer well clear bud, fifa is not in a good place now, if you could get a full year off and come back fresh for fifa 21 go for it.
    They might fix some of the issues by then but I thought the same at the end of fifa 19 and was optimistic for fifa 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Ah steer well clear bud, fifa is not in a good place now, if you could get a full year off and come back fresh for fifa 21 go for it.
    They might fix some of the issues by then but I thought the same at the end of fifa 19 and was optimistic for fifa 20.

They will never fix anything

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

They will never fix anything

If anything they'll just take stuff away from us ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

In fairness, I messaged 5 people for help with Politano, and 4 of them helped. One other guy who had his privacy settings on so I couldn't message him, but he tried to screw me over when we were both doing the objectives. Ended up just beating him despite allowing him a 2 goal head start.

I just turned off messages from people not on my friends list so I don't see toxic comments and don't bother paying attention to celebrations.

The only thing that's a bit annoying is when people are time wasting, playing long balls back to the keeper, etc.

I like the game, i find its better then last year, probably cos im winning more then im losing, i have 3 gripes about the game, 1st is the offside, defenders are clearly playing them onside yet the flag goes up, next is slow defenders keeping pace with fast attackers in an open space run for the ball, played a game last who had Sakho at CB, every ball v Vardy he kept pace despite 40 points in the difference and 3rd is the cpu influence in matches, particularly reaction times with blocks saves and interceptions, ridiculously fast at times, great when they help me obviously but not against, ha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Most of the people complaining here about the game being broken have bought FIFA points this year, right?

You see people like this are the problem. Why would EA fix anything when this has been their most profitable quarter ever?

They don't need to fix anything. It doesn't make them more money. People are stupid and continue to pile money into a game for small benefits.

Constantly moaning about it while continuing to spend money isnt going to fix it. It's needs a community wide effect to not buy packs. Never going to happen.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Most of the people complaining here about the game being broken have bought FIFA points this year, right?

You see people like this are the problem. Why would EA fix anything when this has been their most profitable quarter ever?

They don't need to fix anything. It doesn't make them more money. People are stupid and continue to pile money into a game for small benefits.

Constantly moaning about it while continuing to spend money isnt going to fix it. It's needs a community wide effect to not buy packs. Never going to happen.

This is why i said above, they'll never fix anything, they dont need to while people continue to invest in it, iv'e never spent a cent on points or packs, (didnt even buy this fifa in fact) but i know people who did cos they think they can get Ronaldo or Messi, i'd sooner build my team up from scratch, win matches, and lose a lot matches

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I don't know if the current discussion is about the game itself though.

Buying or not buying points won't change the toxic player base. Making 1 depth so overpowered will eventually be "fixed", but it won't change the horrific type of player who is becoming more and more common in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Do you not like him? Was thinking of getting rid of VVD and getting Militao.

Havnt really used him yet

Can't see Real going far though

wouldn't it be great if everybody was like you and then FIFA would be perfect

wouldn't it be great if everybody was like you and then FIFA would be perfect

He's probably right though, we all know the game is flawed and what the problems are, and they are never really addressed, wheres the incentive to fix them, there is none, unless people stop investing in it

the fact people pay means its more important for ea to address issues, I myself havnt paid anything since day one its been pretty easy to build a team this year

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

You complained enough last year,what was your total fifa points bill by the end??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Red Telles and Ricardo Perriera.

Pretty happy with those two, actually. Probably use both. Telles in particular (though will have to adjust my team a bit. But was saying about looking for a new LW anyway).

I got the exact same as you. Have to say I'm delighted with Telles, I can fit him into my team once I get Rio from Icon Swaps which I'll be grinding for over the weekend.

I probably won't use Pereira that much as I already have FB Piszczek but he looks solid too. Then again, I'll be using him as part of the PL objectives so there's some use for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Fair play for getting Red Telles. I have his normal gold card in my team, and he's pretty solid. Will be opening my rewards later and hoping to get him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Got the Italian CM as my pick (only Silver 1 this week :o), have never had a good WL pick but generally pack luck is up this year for me I think. My club is stacked with mid-rated IFs as well for some reason, of course the year when IFs are more or less worthless.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Didn't play WL this week so no rewards for me. Did just sell Garrincha and pick up this lad though so I'm looking forward to this weekend

Screenshot-2019-11-14-at-16-56-35.png

Lads, seen this on Reddit, might help a few with first owner Objectives

In a nutshell it’s say that if you buy a player off the transfer market and he didn’t play any games yet, he’ll count as a first owner to you on these objectives after you get loyalty on him

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/dw5zos/psa_you_can_make_first_owner_objectives_with_the/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Didn't play WL this week so no rewards for me. Did just sell Garrincha and pick up this lad though so I'm looking forward to this weekend

Screenshot-2019-11-14-at-16-56-35.png

How do you have 1.7m ffs, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Lads, seen this on Reddit, might help a few with first owner Objectives

In a nutshell it’s say that if you buy a player off the transfer market and he didn’t play any games yet, he’ll count as a first owner to you on these objectives after you get loyalty on him

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/dw5zos/psa_you_can_make_first_owner_objectives_with_the/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

They’re going to patch this in no time to screw people over. Fix gameplay? Not a chance. Fix bugs which are of a big benefit to the player base? Abso-fuking-lutey.

They’re going to patch this in no time to screw people over. Fix gameplay? Not a chance. Fix bugs which are of a big benefit to the player base? Abso-fuking-lutey.

Oh big time.

And I didn’t mean go buy fresh players and do the loyalty glitch (although anyone is welcome to that)

I meant more so check your clubs for players you already had.
    I have a fresh griezmann IF that I didn’t think would count etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

La Liga POTM Ekambi and TOTW Upgrade SBC's. Not bad if you trade IF's I guess.

TOTW Upgrade isn't locked to each week though for everyone about to go mad looking for Messi :pac:

• Advertisement

Took-ekambi 86 rated la liga potm sbc added.

Requires an 83 rated squad including 1 IF

They’ve also added a totw sbc, requires an 83 squad also.
    I’m going to try that one first and if the totw player is crap I’ll just fire him into the la liga potm sbc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement