Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I'll probably do one from untradeables but that TOTW SBC is terrible value, 83 rated squad and a TOTW card for an untradeable TOTW card. Over half the IFs released this year are discard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I'll probably do one from untradeables but that TOTW SBC is terrible value, 83 rated squad and a TOTW card for an untradeable TOTW card. Over half the IFs released this year are discard.

yeah it's terrible value. Had bought a few cheap IF's to use myself in the WBY POTM that never came but this still isn't enough to make decent profit on them so will probably just stash them for future use.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it's gone again lol

must've messed something up with the requirements and it's meant to be cheaper hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Another EA cock-up to add to the ever-growing collection. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

You'd swear this is their first time releasing content like SBC's. I did one before it vanished. Malen's head was taken. Now, give me my players back EA! :D

• Advertisement

Probably removed because the description of the pack implied it was for the current TOTW only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Did the Base Icon SBC. French.. CAM! It's Zidane. No, Pires. WOOoOooO. It's a shame I'm now stuck with an ICON I'll never use and can't put into an ICON SBC etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Both my Div Rivals and WL rewards were absolute muck. Even the the red player picks were terrible, Hennings & Victor Rodriguez in both....along with one of the other useless players.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

They've said anyone who did the TOTW SBC will be refunded the IF they put in.

So, I guess it should have just been a straight 83 rated squad with no IF.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

If anyone wants a cheap mega pack (35k pack) the psg sbc is coming in around 10k because you only need to use 6 or 7 psg players.

I want €20 off anyone that packs totw Messi from it :D

• Advertisement

Hogey007 wrote: »
    If anyone wants a cheap mega pack (35k pack) the psg sbc is coming in around 10k because you only need to use 6 or 7 psg players.

I want €20 off anyone that packs totw Messi from it :D

Yeah there's a few other great value ones too, RB Leipzig and Dortmund both have Rare Electrum Packs (6 rare gold players, 6 rare silver players) for 10k and 15k. Those packs contain the same amount of rare golds as a Prime Gold Players Pack and they go for 45k in the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

what are people thoughts on the laliga POTM?

coming in at around 30-35k and is a 91 rated striker with a hawk card...

looks like he could be a great sub?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

ImANoob08 wrote: »

He looks great. I did it straight away. A great value sbc in fairness to EA.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

ImANoob08 wrote:

He looks excellent for First owner objectives. Will definitely be unlocking him, only 30k and you'll definitely have most of the players so probably 15k max if you need to buy an IF.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Just on the toxic gameplay. Playing Rivals last night and came up against a guy with a pretty terrible Italian team. He messages me and says he will let me win if I let him score with the individual Italians for Politano. I say yeah grand sure. 80th. minute and he is 11-10 up. Suddenly decides to start playing properly, loads of skill move and kicking the ball around the back time wasting so he can get the win. Managed to win 12-11 in the end, scoring in the 94th. minute.

But Holy God what an absolute arsehole. He was Irish as well so I hope you're reading this. That kind of stuff ruins it for anyone else trying to do those objectives as I will definitely be more reluctant to help someone out now.

ImANoob08 wrote: »

Yeah I’ll def be doing it.

I assume we’ll get the totw sbc back at 6 today minus the IF requirement so I’m just waiting to do that first, it’s like a free shot at it, assuming the player I get from it is rubbish I’ll just whack him into the la liga potm sbc then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Frisbee wrote: »
    Just on the toxic gameplay. Playing Rivals last night and came up against a guy with a pretty terrible Italian team. He messages me and says he will let me win if I let him score with the individual Italians for Politano. I say yeah grand sure. 80th. minute and he is 11-10 up. Suddenly decides to start playing properly, loads of skill move and kicking the ball around the back time wasting so he can get the win. Managed to win 12-11 in the end, scoring in the 94th. minute.

But Holy God what an absolute arsehole. He was Irish as well so I hope you're reading this. That kind of stuff ruins it for anyone else trying to do those objectives as I will definitely be more reluctant to help someone out now.

I got the exact same, I saw a mixed Serie A team so gave him a goal, just to help him with the objective, he messages me saying thanks and he'll give me the win, second half he subs on 3 top players and absolutely canes me, I lose by 3 or 4 in the end. *he was a far better player than me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Frisbee wrote: »

I'm delighted you beat him. I'd be naming and shaming, but it's probably not allowed. Whatever about time wasting or watching every cut scene, that's always been in FIFA, but that crap he tried to pull is disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

it was probably rossie

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Just played a couple of fut champ games, and lost them obviously but f*ck me it must be drag back and step over friday, clearly knew they had a far better team then me and just took the pi$$

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭oleard1987

Just played a couple of fut champ games, and lost them obviously but f*ck me it must be drag back and step over friday, clearly knew they had a far better team then me and just took the pi$$

Think i am going to leave off WL this week .Seemed to be matching against fellas who ave miles better teams than me and then seem to sub on R7 ,r9 and god knows who else

Can't figure out how some fellas have absolute worldie squads and im saving trying to but sterling and those price range

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I dont mind the skill moves so much, fair play to them, they took time to learn them all, but when they go 1 on 1 with my keeper and do them, then pass back to midfield and start again, i cant stand that and is why i usually stayed away from WL last year to

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

I dont mind the skill moves so much, fair play to them, they took time to learn them all, but when they go 1 on 1 with my keeper and do them, then pass back to midfield and start again, i cant stand that and is why i usually stayed away from WL last year to
    That's the point where I'd drop kick the TV :pac:

It blows my mind how many people actually waste great chances because they try to do "Mad skillz" rather than a simple pass or shot. I find it especially theraputic when I'm playing people who have 0 shots but 100 drag backs, and can't seem to stop fiddling the right stick long enough to actually do anything.

I have massive, massive admiration for the players who know how and when to bust out a skill move to great affect. But when every pass ends with an attempt at a cut back, even when I've realised that and am not actually anticipating it every time, it's just poor game play...

I'm not sure if it counts as a skill but the rolling the ball away from the body before a long pass or a shot seems great to me at times this year, especially if they're not pressing you. R1 + Right analogue stick in a direction and it sets up long shots or cross field passes nicely and occasionally tees up a perfect top corner finesse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Think I'm going for Butra in the swaps. Going to play him at cam with Griezmann, both behind Mbappe.

Drogba looks too clunky, and I'm just going to get Kante instead of Keane.

Joe Gomez sbc ends in 3 hours if anyone was still considering him.

Looks good value, I might regret not doing him but he just doesn’t fit my current team

Looks good value, I might regret not doing him but he just doesn’t fit my current team

Same here, and I've a couple of high-level CB already

Leaving it too. With the rate good SBC's and OBJ cards are being released, by the time he'd be a monster card in the new year he could already be obsolete.

Happy with Scream Pique & Varane for now as it is, that's when I get to play with my main team of course, spend most of the time ticking random boxes for objectives these days when I do play :/ No WL for me.

• Advertisement

I'm crossing my fingers for a Lindelof SBC.

Probably be Martial though.

Either way, saving my coinage. I have Pique, and likely will go for Rio, so unless it's a CB I have an emotional attatchment to, I can't see me being massively interested in for a few months.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement