Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Had a go. Neto 85 Barca GK.........but Brazilian so apparently going for 11k. The market really is astounding at times.

What upgrade did you do? Neto doesn’t have a totw card.
    Was it the ucl sbc thing you did?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Hogey007 wrote: »
    What upgrade did you do? Neto doesn’t have a totw card.
    Was it the ucl sbc thing you did?

Oh crap yeah sorry, was doing the UCL rare player first and posted

Oh crap yeah sorry, was doing the UCL rare player first and posted

Haha well not a bad pull if you still have the samba or ucl objectives to complete.

I got an 81 rated ucl player from mine so you did ok :)

Haha well not a bad pull if you still have the samba or ucl objectives to complete.

I got an 81 rated ucl player from mine so you did ok :)

Yeah got Joao Pedro. 81 rated Brazilian IF so only fit for an SBC at some point

Neto was binned for 12k. Max of 14k

After reading and watching more reviews on drogba I think I’ve settled on zanetti.

From what I’ve seen and read on drogba he’s a lethal finisher but very slow and clunky, would make a good target man etc, I just can’t get along with those type of slower but lethal finishing players, Kane, lewa etc.

On zanetti

He’s the only icon available from this very average pool to choose from that is the best in his position.

I might even start with 5 at the back and switch him to cdm in game.

Means I’ll have enough left over to get baby schmeichel, sure I’ll give him a try, not expecting anything from him, wasn’t a fan on fifa18, but then I suppose in fifa18 with the low driven being overpowered he was really left wanting without the leg trait, that’s not as important anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Hogey007 wrote:
    Means I’ll have enough left over to get baby schmeichel, sure I’ll give him a try, not expecting anything from him, wasn’t a fan on fifa18, but then I suppose in fifa18 with the low driven being overpowered he was really left wanting without the leg trait, that’s not as important anymore

Not even worth the grind. He's absolute abysmal. Worse than in 18.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Not even worth the grind. He's absolute abysmal. Worse than in 18.

I was still aiming for drogba up until today so only need 2 more ligue 1 wins so might as well finish it off at this stage, but yeah pity I didn’t settle on zanetti sooner and save myself a lot of hardship.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Hogey007 wrote:
    I was still aiming for drogba up until today so only need 2 more ligue 1 wins so might as well finish it off at this stage, but yeah pity I didn’t settle on zanetti sooner and save myself a lot of hardship.

Ah hadn't realised. Zanetti is grand but it's a bit meh for me doing all that work for a RB. Walker is the best in the game regardless of zanetti being higher rated so I think it might be a mistake going for him. Up to yourself either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Hoping they step it up with the icons available for swaps 2. Something like base Vieira, middle Koeman, base Dinho, Carlos Alberto, Rush/Dalglish etc and a middle icon pack.

I’ll probably go for Butra myself but struggling to find the motivation to do all the objectives.

Hoping they step it up with the icons available for swaps 2. Something like base Vieira, middle Koeman, base Dinho, Carlos Alberto, Rush/Dalglish etc and a middle icon pack.

I’ll probably go for Butra myself but struggling to find the motivation to do all the objectives.

Unfortunately we’ll get what ea say when they say it, but yeah I imagine we’ll get a base or middle version of one of the higher end icons so that they’ll try string people along playing for another couple of months and then for the last one we might get 1 prime icon of a really good icon or maybe a middle R9, again just to keep people playing.

But gone are the days like the last 2 fifa’s where I had R9, dinho, gullit, vieira, Maldini all in my team.

Even picking up that zanetti last night felt so underwhelming, after all that effort I get a player who was the cheapest icon sbc in fifa 18.
    For me, I just felt he was the best of a very bad bunch.
    Around this stage last year I had prime keane, prime best, prime sol Campbell and prime rui costa from the sbc’s.

I hear people say that they’re easier for casuals to get icons this year, yes but they’re not good icons and also icons weren’t hard to get last year if you just held your coins for 3 or 4 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I hear people say that they’re easier for casuals to get icons this year, yes but they’re not good icons and also icons weren’t hard to get last year if you just held your coins for 3 or 4 weeks.

This is it, really. It's an appearance that things are easier to get this year, rather than it actually being easier for casuals.

Last year, you could do Icon SBCs for round 400k, and given how easy coins were to come by as rewards, that wouldn't have taken too long. You still could get them by playing, same as this year, but could use whatever team you wanted, in whatever game mode you wanted.

AND you were getting some packs too, meaning that you could re-coup some of the coins as you went. You had more options to do multiple, and there was various levels for people with various levels of engagement.

Now, you're structured into playing specific game modes with specific teams, and your extremely limited with your selection, in that you can only get one good or two average icons, and that's it. They've not really made it easier for casuals to get an icon or two. They've just made it impossible for non-whales to get full icon teams.

League SBCs got nerfed big time too (the players are awful AND overpriced).

Also have to admit, the player choice for the RTTF event was annoying too. I like Martial, but he gets a few special cards each year. Would have loved a James or McT. Lazio get a card (despite being nearly mathematically eliminated) while Celtic (top of the same group) get nothing. Son, Kante, the usual top guys get yet more special cards.

I loved seeing Chong get one a few weeks back; he was an unusual player who won't get IFs or other specials.

For a game about building unique teams, this event feels like the usual suspects getting yet more specials.

Sigh. I'm just feeling an utter lack of motivation that usually doesn't creep in till March or so.

Skipping WL this weekend hasn't left me hungry to get back. If anything, it's far nicer playing Stardew Valley and not having my chickens charging up the fields shushing me....

Looking at Haaland's card, it's a shame he's nearly impossible to hybrid in. He looks a real beast for 12k.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    This is it, really. It's an appearance that things are easier to get this year, rather than it actually being easier for casuals.

Last year, you could do Icon SBCs for round 400k, and given how easy coins were to come by as rewards, that wouldn't have taken too long. You still could get them by playing, same as this year, but could use whatever team you wanted, in whatever game mode you wanted.

AND you were getting some packs too, meaning that you could re-coup some of the coins as you went. You had more options to do multiple, and there was various levels for people with various levels of engagement.

Now, you're structured into playing specific game modes with specific teams, and your extremely limited with your selection, in that you can only get one good or two average icons, and that's it. They've not really made it easier for casuals to get an icon or two. They've just made it impossible for non-whales to get full icon teams.

League SBCs got nerfed big time too (the players are awful AND overpriced).

Also have to admit, the player choice for the RTTF event was annoying too. I like Martial, but he gets a few special cards each year. Would have loved a James or McT. Lazio get a card (despite being nearly mathematically eliminated) while Celtic (top of the same group) get nothing. Son, Kante, the usual top guys get yet more special cards.

I loved seeing Chong get one a few weeks back; he was an unusual player who won't get IFs or other specials.

For a game about building unique teams, this event feels like the usual suspects getting yet more specials.

Sigh. I'm just feeling an utter lack of motivation that usually doesn't creep in till March or so.

Skipping WL this weekend hasn't left me hungry to get back. If anything, it's far nicer playing Stardew Valley and not having my chickens charging up the fields shushing me....

Completely agree with all of this post, especially the part of trying to find motivation to keep playing.

I mean anyone who has posted regularly here over last 12/18 months will know my number 1 aim goal for fifa 19 was to get R9, everything was geared towards it, from doing sbc’s like eoae cech Or objectives for carniball talisca etc just so I’d have all the high rated cards I needed when the sbc dropped.
    And I got him within 3 days of release, it didn’t come easy, I grinded all year to be in a position to get that card, so where’s the motivation now to do sbc’s like Thiago Silva or objectives for high rated cards? They have no real value unless you need that particular nation or league the next time ea tells us how high they want us to jump for the next icon swaps.
    Similarly rivals and even weekend league rewards have been nerfed so much that I feel no motivation to play the extra few rivals games midweek to het higher rewards, why bother, if I’m lucky enough to get an 89 busquets he’s worth less than half what he was last year, discard IFs are exactly that, discards, they have no other value.

For a game that has a 9/10 month cycle I really don’t see what the issue was with letting people like you and I who grind more than your average joe, build our “ultimate team”, generally we only got it built 7/8 even 9 months into the cycle, used it for 2/3 months and started all over again.

I enjoyed the league sbc’s last year, saving players like Brahimi, thauvin for the icon sbc’s, if you look back at fifa 18 where we were getting players like 93 kdb, 91/92 Cavani etc as rewards, they scaled it back a lot last year but players like doucoure were still usable for a while.
    This year it’s just pointless, reward players and packs are just pointless.

Futswap was another fun element last year that they removed.

And of course the knock on effect of all these cards being so low in value is it makes trading so much harder, so your icons like prime R9, gullit will cost twice as much and it’s so much harder to actually get coins from trading.

They also took away the option to try icons before you got them, last year every time an icon sbc was released you got a cheap sbc (about 10k) to try that player on loan for 10 matches. They could’ve added a similar option this year for the players in icon swap, even limit the loan to 4 or 5 matches, I’d like to have tried drogba myself before choosing zanetti but I couldn’t so just had to go on the reviews of others.

It was actually a weird feeling getting zanetti yesterday, it almost left a sour taste, that after all that grinding this is all I was left to choose, but I just felt he was the only player I could genuinely still see being in my starting eleven come January or February

Good thing for me I I have a very busy month ahead, I won’t get to play much fifa, maybe 2 weekend leagues in next 4 or 5 weeks so it’ll give me a breather and a chance to see who’s in icon swap 2 and Futmas sbc’s etc and I can decide then if I want to carry on into the new year without being too hasty

It was actually a weird feeling getting zanetti yesterday, it almost left a sour taste, that after all that grinding this is all I was left to choose, but I just felt he was the only player I could genuinely still see being in my starting eleven come January or February

I can relate so much to that.

I have the required amount for Rio now.

But a part of me is saying "No, Rio is only 16 tokens. Drogba is the grand prize, invest more time and get him. Ignore the bad reviews, he's the grand prize".

Which is stupid, I know. I'm a United fan, and Rio gets great reviews. But the structure of the way they are dishing out icons is making me feel weird about taking him over Drogba. Especially since taking Rio locks me out of getting Drogba latter (when last year, I could do a cheaper SBC now to help towards a more expensive one latter).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

11 goals conceded in 3 games i won, where my keeper makes a save and the ball rebounds across goal missing my defenders, only to fall to another opposition player to tap into an empty net.

Interest is starting to wane now so going to sell up my premier league team and build a brazilian team later

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

I hope that's the end of the first owner objectives. Haven't sold anyone in ages so I've after clearing out my club. There was 500k in there, but took bloody ages listing lads.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I can relate so much to that.

I have the required amount for Rio now.

But a part of me is saying "No, Rio is only 16 tokens. Drogba is the grand prize, invest more time and get him. Ignore the bad reviews, he's the grand prize".

Which is stupid, I know. I'm a United fan, and Rio gets great reviews. But the structure of the way they are dishing out icons is making me feel weird about taking him over Drogba. Especially since taking Rio locks me out of getting Drogba latter (when last year, I could do a cheaper SBC now to help towards a more expensive one latter).

I’d just look up the reviews of drogba before you go for him, there’s a few YouTube videos from nick rtfm, gorilla, Marshall etc and you’ll also find reviews on Reddit.
    I was all geared to get him and I’ll have the tokens (just need 2 ligue 1 wins) but from the reviews he just doesn’t suit me, I need pace and dribbling, I knew if I got drogba I’d feel obliged to use him after all the effort I went to and that would probably frustrate me even more.
    I’d also be benching otw Ben yedder for him and I really like him.

So yeah just look up a few videos, also look up zanetti, I know a right back isn’t glamorous but he’s getting great reviews and can be switched to cdm in game. If you got him that’s right back locked in for the remainder of fifa.
    And you could casually try to get a few more tokens to throw schmeichel into your united team.

Obviously if you can get along with the slow but lethal finish type striker keep ploughing on for drog

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

I’m just a very casual player, was at Div 6 before the first objectives.
    I just went for Carlos but in doing so I’ve being regulated to Div 8 and I think I’ve lost 4 on the bounce in div 8! The last game he had MVB, Modric and Bale etc On the bench. Another was an 87 rated squad with 92 KDB.

I’ve no interest in going anywhere near the next set of swaps. I feel it’s ruining the game for casual players

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Hogey007 wrote:
    Lads, seen this on Reddit, might help a few with first owner Objectives

Hogey007 wrote:
    In a nutshell it’s say that if you buy a player off the transfer market and he didn’t play any games yet, he’ll count as a first owner to you on these objectives after you get loyalty on him

They’re going to patch this in no time to screw people over. Fix gameplay? Not a chance. Fix bugs which are of a big benefit to the player base? Abso-fuking-lutey.

Not sure if this is still working lads. Tried it today and no joy. Has anyone managed to get it working?

Unfortunately we’ll get what ea say when they say it, but yeah I imagine we’ll get a base or middle version of one of the higher end icons so that they’ll try string people along playing for another couple of months and then for the last one we might get 1 prime icon of a really good icon or maybe a middle R9, again just to keep people playing.

But gone are the days like the last 2 fifa’s where I had R9, dinho, gullit, vieira, Maldini all in my team.

Even picking up that zanetti last night felt so underwhelming, after all that effort I get a player who was the cheapest icon sbc in fifa 18.
    For me, I just felt he was the best of a very bad bunch.
    Around this stage last year I had prime keane, prime best, prime sol Campbell and prime rui costa from the sbc’s.

100%. Finish last year with Prime R9, Prime Vieira, moments Maldini, moments Gerrard in my squad.. first time I’ve gotten such a squad. Struggling this year though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Yeah they added Icon Swaps and removed so many other good things, no more regular monthly FUT Swaps, no more Icon SBCs, and League SBCs are awful, they've reduced the pack rewards, made the player rewards way worse, and have only released 3 so far when this time last year there were 12 released.

RTTF Ibrahima Konate SBC live.

Actually found his base card good enough early in FUT when I was playing with a cheap Bundesliga side. Has obviously been easily surpassed by others now but at least it's a card that will actually get some upgrades - Leipzig are top of their group.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

RTTF Ibrahima Konate SBC live.

Actually found his base card good enough early in FUT when I was playing with a cheap Bundesliga side. Has obviously been easily surpassed by others now but at least it's a card that will actually get some upgrades - Leipzig are top of their group.

Good nationality link as well.

Could imagine him, Mbabu and Hernandez in front doing well.

81 pace, not sure how his detailed stats look like, but definitely worth a look.

Looking for a new RM/RW for a prem team. Have 500k to spend, How would people rate sterling or salah? I could prob go with sterling and upgrade the rest of the team all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Lenny17123 wrote: »
    Looking for a new RM/RW for a prem team. Have 500k to spend, How would people rate sterling or salah? I could prob go with sterling and upgrade the rest of the team all the same.

I’ve had Salah as my RM for the last couple of weeks and he’s lethal. Every time I come up against Sterling in the weekend league he’s tricky to play against. I’ve used RTTF Willian as an impact sub in most games and I’d recommend giving him a go too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    Back to cod for me so, earliest I've ever started getting sick of fifa, won't be buying it again.

Me too deleted my UT. Going back to playing online seasons and career mode. It's just not worth the grind anymore.

You have a large portion of "players" who don't really play the game but treat it as a financial market simulator, buying up cards to try and build a stash of coins while moaning that cards are cheaper than before.

Then you have solid division 2 players dropping down to Division 8 just to complete objectives ruining it for casuals.

Then you have complete arseholes watching every replay, dabbing while dropping back all behind the ball sucking the life out of the game....

Delay, lag and EA basically making it play to win or if you cannot play dedicate most of you life to get ahead.....

It's beyond a joke at this stage ...... All for one of maybe 15 cards that you can genuinely get excited about having ...

Lenny17123 wrote: »

Sterling all day long, for value he’s incredible.

GavK wrote:
    I’ve had Salah as my RM for the last couple of weeks and he’s lethal. Every time I come up against Sterling in the weekend league he’s tricky to play against. I’ve used RTTF Willian as an impact sub in most games and I’d recommend giving him a go too.

Hogey007 wrote:
    Sterling all day long, for value he’s incredible.

Cheers lads, I'll give sterling a whirl and salah might come down a bit more in the coming weeks.

Played about 10 games with my PL squad to try and get the objective and genuinely only won once and marginally. Opponent after opponent who clearly shouldn’t be in div 4/5 with the squad they have and how well they play.... it’s so frustrating. I’m just on the brink of being relegated into div 6 now. If swaps continues like this, I couldn’t be arsed with them and if FIFA continues like this, I’ll probably just end up quitting UT. It’s just not fun anymore. Might finally pick up the new COD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Played about 10 games with my PL squad to try and get the objective and genuinely only won once and marginally. Opponent after opponent who clearly shouldn’t be in div 4/5 with the squad they have and how well they play.... it’s so frustrating. I’m just on the brink of being relegated into div 6 now. If swaps continues like this, I couldn’t be arsed with them and if FIFA continues like this, I’ll probably just end up quitting UT. It’s just not fun anymore. Might finally pick up the new COD.

Drop a division or two and you will be fine.

Not up to you to decide what is fut tbh

Your view of div4 is different than mine. If you can't stay in 4 or 5 then... Simple

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement