Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

wonski wrote: »
    Drop a division or two and you will be fine.

Not up to you to decide what is fut tbh

Your view of div4 is different than mine. If you can't stay in 4 or 5 then... Simple

Was doing fine in Div 4 up until swaps. Completely tanked since then. A lot of players relegating themselves to the lower divisions so that they come up against easier opponents... doesn’t make the game as fun anymore when you’re being trounced all over for 90 mins or so :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

piplip87 wrote: »
    Me too deleted my UT. Going back to playing online seasons and career mode. It's just not worth the grind anymore.

You have a large portion of "players" who don't really play the game but treat it as a financial market simulator, buying up cards to try and build a stash of coins while moaning that cards are cheaper than before.

Then you have solid division 2 players dropping down to Division 8 just to complete objectives ruining it for casuals.

Then you have complete arseholes watching every replay, dabbing while dropping back all behind the ball sucking the life out of the game....

Delay, lag and EA basically making it play to win or if you cannot play dedicate most of you life to get ahead.....

It's beyond a joke at this stage ...... All for one of maybe 15 cards that you can genuinely get excited about having ...

Couldn't have summed it up better if I tried.

Give cod time, I use to play the first and second modern warfare at a high level and it's taken me a while to get use to this one but fun all the same!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Martial still hovering round the 600k mark.

Thats disappointing. I am not really sure if I can justify that outlay on him. I know the price is cause he will rise, but was hoping he'd drop to round 400k.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Beef or Salmon

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    Couldn't have summed it up better if I tried.

Give cod time, I use to play the first and second modern warfare at a high level and it's taken me a while to get use to this one but fun all the same!

Think of that Ian Wright, as a fellow gooner only thing I'm looking forward to, 1 away now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Think of that Ian Wright, as a fellow gooner only thing I'm looking forward to, 1 away now.

I win with a prem side will give me 2 tokens so I'd have 13 in total, I'll get it done just because of the grind I've already put in would be wasted but I can't bring myself to turn it on ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

The goalkeeper distribution this year is a nightmare, can't even reliably roll the ball out 2 yards without giving it away

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Just completed the Mbabu objective and it was so painful with the servers disconnecting, people quitting instantly or quitting if I got level.
    I was stuck on assists from swiss players in a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,964 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Crespo just bagged his 50th goal there, only took him 37 games to do it, add in the fact that at least ten of them were pre 20min rage quits after going a couple of goals up. He seems to suit me lovely. My top striker sbefore in fut usually has a 0.8 goals per game ratio. Crespo sitting at 1.35. Partnered up top by Inaki Williams in a La Liga side.

Proper Bo I tell thee!

Edir: finished 14-11, I'm pished, gonna play the rest and if they're civil I'll donate the win. Don't know how I'm going to discern what's civil or not but I'll know lo

Edit Il: dude just gifted me a game, he was too quick for me lol

Edit III: Xbox recent players an hour being so can't even thank him ffs

Edit Four: Instead of me gifting a game, I got god damn gifted instead. So I pushed on.... 16-13........

Edit Twelve: If you've got this far, seventeen to thirteen I finished. Last game finished 5-4, cruised it really. Thanks for reading. I'm still pished. Do I like this fifa? Not wheelie

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Had saved up loads of reward & SBC packs. 38 in total.

A grand total of 5 players with a rating of 83 or higher.

Untradeable TAA (for about the 9th. time. Always untradeable.)
    Stones
    UCL Lo Celso
    Ilicic

And then about 33 packs in when I was losing the rag I finally got something worthwhile in Griezmann, which sadly is my best ever packed player in FUT :o

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Finally got summit in a welcome pack after bout 3 years of getting the ultimate edition

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Just did a count, I have 16 informs, all unusable, all either untradeable or discard value and not worth selling... haven't done the RTTF player SBCs yet so I'll probably pump a few into those but could really do with them getting some more value.

Hmm. I don't remember spending my weekend league points to enter last week but I must have, cause apparently I only have 400 points.

Which makes the decision to just avoid it this weekend easier too :P

I'm going to do Rio, cause I can't see myself playing Fifa at all this week, both from a work point of view and from a "Oh hey, I don't spend my weekend all frustrated and passive aggressive with loved ones" point of view...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Hmm. I don't remember spending my weekend league points to enter last week but I must have, cause apparently I only have 400 points.

Which makes the decision to just avoid it this weekend easier too :P

I'm going to do Rio, cause I can't see myself playing Fifa at all this week, both from a work point of view and from a "Oh hey, I don't spend my weekend all frustrated and passive aggressive with loved ones" point of view...

Def a blessing in disguise!!

For me the wl gone by was one of the worst for input delay etc and just so unenjoyable in general.

Def not playing it this weekend coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Honestly, Rio has been a bit disappointing for me so far. His stats look godly, but he feels no better than gold Militao. If i had the choice again, I'd go for Keane.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

v3ttel wrote: »
    Honestly, Rio has been a bit disappointing for me so far. His stats look godly, but he feels no better than gold Militao. If i had the choice again, I'd go for Keane.

I was going to grind for him at the weekend but wasn’t enjoying the gameplay in Rivals so just decided to buy Militao’s RTTF instead.

With a few upgrades Militao will be pretty much end-game level.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Hogey007 wrote:
    For me the wl gone by was one of the worst for input delay etc and just so unenjoyable in general.

It was bad Sunday. Friday and Saturday were great I found. It really doesn't make that much difference to results. Maybe 1 or 2 wins either way if you get really unlucky. I do a skill I've straight away at the beginning of the game to see how the game is going to play and adjust accordingly.

They really need to sort the servers out, though.
    The new free kick glitch is hilariously OP for scoring at the moment.

RossieMan wrote: »
    It was bad Sunday. Friday and Saturday were great I found. It really doesn't make that much difference to results. Maybe 1 or 2 wins either way if you get really unlucky. I do a skill I've straight away at the beginning of the game to see how the game is going to play and adjust accordingly.

They really need to sort the servers out, though.
    The new free kick glitch is hilariously OP for scoring at the moment.

Oh yeah, doesn’t really effect my results in general as in most cases it’s probably the same for the opponent but just incredibly frustrating to play.

I found Friday bad but in fairness I was playing during peak times, I generally try to get my wl matches finished up by 6pm Friday but was later this week with work.
    On Saturdays and sundays I try play my matches between 9am and 1pm as it’s usually the best time for playing I find but this week it was very bad at those times.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Oh yeah, doesn’t really effect my results in general as in most cases it’s probably the same for the opponent but just incredibly frustrating to play.

I found Friday bad but in fairness I was playing during peak times, I generally try to get my wl matches finished up by 6pm Friday but was later this week with work.
    On Saturdays and sundays I try play my matches between 9am and 1pm as it’s usually the best time for playing I find but this week it was very bad at those times.

its terrible that you have to do that though. Surely a game and a company this big should sort their **** out?
    Even the promos sucked balls the last couple of weeks.

Does anyone actually enjoy the game? i think most are only playing now because the fear of missing out on something. myself included.
    i went 20-3 this weekend and you couldn't have paid me to play more games.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

looking for two new attackers and trying to choose between Hazard & Bale -vs- Mane & Salah

I play 3-1-4-2 and 4-2-3-1 either team below would get full chem.

Team Hazard & Bale
    https://www.futbin.com/20/squad/10943122

Team Mane & Salah
    https://www.futbin.com/20/squad/10943628

witsel and casemiro would both make terrible CBs. Grab a fabinho if you need a cdm as a Cb.

2nd team is much better, bale isn't great this year at all, whereas Mane is a beast.

• Advertisement

its terrible that you have to do that though. Surely a game and a company this big should sort their **** out?

Does anyone actually enjoy the game? i think most are only playing now because the fear of missing out on something. myself included.

If they, for example, increased the number of games in weekend league from 30 to 50, but gave you the entire week to do it, it would be a lot better. Make the qualification criteria a little harder, but basically blend rivals into weekend league.

Then have a separate mode for objectives and challanges for those who want to do them.

I also wish they'd bring back cups. I used to love running the bronze cups with my Koreans, and the silver cups with my Russians. It made bronzes and silvers have some value too, rather than just SBC fodder (and they arguably aren't even that any more...)

Haha I think you hit the nail on the head there, it’s the fear of missing out!!

Last year the game wasn’t great as we all know it was saved to a degree by great content, when I say saved, I mean the content kept people engaged.
    This year they simply don’t have the content, it’s all geared towards fifa points, just look at the absolutely massive players included in the scream and rttf promos in packs versus what we got as sbc’s or objectives (yeah ok, I know joe Gomez was relatively decent sbc)
    But in general it’s all just......buy fifa points! (And I get that they’re a company trying to make money but throw us a bone and at least try fix the delay issues)

But like you said last week, we can all complain all we want, Black Friday will come this week and packs will sell out in record time again.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    If they, for example, increased the number of games in weekend league from 30 to 50, but gave you the entire week to do it, it would be a lot better. Make the qualification criteria a little harder, but basically blend rivals into weekend league.

why is there a barrier in the way for WL anyway? sure the servers survive for rivals, just let everyone in. make it longer as you've suggested. once a month, 50-70 games, week long affair. make it like old rewards but you've a week to play all your games. Bring back the icon for top 100 for the month.

WL doesn't need to be every weekend for me.

As Hogey has said, the content just isn't there this year. Even Mbabu wasn't worth the grind, the objectives were absurd and almost impossible in any decent division unless someone was being kind with other objectives.

Heres hoping Black friday/Futmas is better. Season 2 is a complete fail, atleast we though Zaha would be decent, none of S02 cards look anyway playable. Zaha is also ****e.

I thought the Scream promo was pretty good. Good player selection, 2 good players from objectives (Dzeko/Ozil), the SBCs were mostly overpriced but a couple like Pique were good value, and most of all they actually mostly stuck with doing daily SBCs that would give out packs to give you a chance of actually pulling a Scream card.

RTTF lasted 10 days and throughout it they only had 3 SBCs that actually gave out a pack you could potentially get a RTTF card in, the rest of the SBCs all gave out those awful UCL packs that only give you those pointless blue cards. The RTTF team was just made up of the most meta players from each team, with a bunch of Champions League teams not even getting a card while they gave one to teams like Atalanta and Lazio who are already practically eliminated.

I reckon we’ll get another storyline league player like the politano one today.
    With special cards disappearing from packs at 6 it’ll be safe for them to give those 2 player packs again.

Flashback Juan Mata

84 & 85 squads needed

https://twitter.com/easportsfifa/status/1196488238594084864?s=21

Mata. Who picks these god awful player picks?

Mata. Who picks these god awful player picks?

Who knows! He had a special card sbc last year too and it was better, an 89 rated Europa league moments I think.

I did that one last year as a united fan but barely used it, won’t be doing it this year

Been 2 weeks from today since the last League SBC, we've currently got 3, there were 12 released by this week last year.

Also they still haven't refunded anyone who did the TOTW SBC before they changed the requirements.

• Advertisement

Been 2 weeks from today since the last League SBC, we've currently got 3, there were 12 released by this week last year.

Also they still haven't refunded anyone who did the TOTW SBC before they changed the requirements.

The lack of communication from them is also something that’s really not helping fifa 20.

Ever since Corey had a little spat with some guy who asked a question on his twitter it’s almost been a “them” vs “us” situation.
    It’s an awful shame zaro was hacked because it played right into their hands in that they had an excuse now to delete all their Twitter accounts, but prior to that they were barely tweeting anyway, Jamie was the only one making any effort.

I still genuinely don’t know if the regular storyline players get upgrades, and if so, how? Is it real life based or objective based?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement