Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Dembele rttf closing in on a million coins now!

The problem with these cards is that you’re almost paying now for the finished card when in fact they won’t reach that until near Tots time, or could even get knocked out.

I mean I’m sure dembele is lethal but he’ll be 87 rated until March, if his base gets an in form it goes straight to 86 rated and you’d get that for about 300/400k ish.

Same with martial, close to 700 for an 85 rated card that won’t go higher than 86 until March, his first inform would also go straight to 85.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Opened 7 packs this evening, best i got was a french 82ovr keeper, what a waste of a weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Opened 7 packs this evening, best i got was a french 82ovr keeper, what a waste of a weekend

Squad battle packs? Sure it's a given they're awful.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ooooh, I like that Mata card. At this point, I'm pretty much settling on the best United team I can get, and I can't see Mata getting a better card than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Hogey007 wrote: »
    The lack of communication from them is also something that’s really not helping fifa 20.

Ever since Corey had a little spat with some guy who asked a question on his twitter it’s almost been a “them” vs “us” situation.
    It’s an awful shame zaro was hacked because it played right into their hands in that they had an excuse now to delete all their Twitter accounts, but prior to that they were barely tweeting anyway, Jamie was the only one making any effort.

I still genuinely don’t know if the regular storyline players get upgrades, and if so, how? Is it real life based or objective based?

Funny this is, EA are actually hiring for a new community lead :pac: I guess somebody lost their job(s) after their Twitter spats. 130k base salary apparently.... I’d put up with all the Twitter abuse for that figure and putting out a tweet a week :pac:

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote: »
    Squad battle packs? Sure it's a given they're awful.

Yeah i was told they were ok packs, opened a few WL packs there, best was Piszczek from Dortmund, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Ooooh, I like that Mata card. At this point, I'm pretty much settling on the best United team I can get, and I can't see Mata getting a better card than that.

Was thinking about doing it since he’s a united player but at the same time it’s basically that Scream Ozil again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Yeah i was told they were ok packs, opened a few WL packs there, best was Piszczek from Dortmund, lol

unless you're getting elite in SB all the packs are a waste of time.
    Same with WL, packs only get decent at gold 2.

Otherwise you shouldn't be expecting anything. If you get something its a nice surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Probably gonna cave and open them way before then but I've decided to start doing just a couple Gold Upgrade packs a day from now until TOTY in January, should have over 100 prepared if I keep it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Finished up mbabu objectives yesterday and got the last icon token I needed for Gerrard tonight. Going to finish up the week 1 and two objectives over the next few days to make progress towards that oxlade-chamberlain card for my liverpool team.

It's pretty boring at this stage tbh. Everything I want (new icons to put swaps towards/oxlade chamberlain's card) is time gated which leaves me with no desire to work towards the current cards since ones I want more will be 'free' in a few weeks.

Didn't have this problem with Icon sbcs because even though I'd get through much less of them vs doing objectives, I could take a month off and still have my progress. I guess that's the point of the new system though, do just enough to string you along in the hope you spend on packs.

• Advertisement

unless you're getting elite in SB all the packs are a waste of time.
    Same with WL, packs only get decent at gold 2.

Otherwise you shouldn't be expecting anything. If you get something its a nice surprise.

Ok thanks, i got to gold 1 i think it was in both, have to aim higher

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Havent played in a week or two now just couldn't be bothered, hope this isn't the end :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

why is there a barrier in the way for WL anyway? sure the servers survive for rivals, just let everyone in. make it longer as you've suggested. once a month, 50-70 games, week long affair. make it like old rewards but you've a week to play all your games. Bring back the icon for top 100 for the month.

WL doesn't need to be every weekend for me.

As Hogey has said, the content just isn't there this year. Even Mbabu wasn't worth the grind, the objectives were absurd and almost impossible in any decent division unless someone was being kind with other objectives.

Heres hoping Black friday/Futmas is better. Season 2 is a complete fail, atleast we though Zaha would be decent, none of S02 cards look anyway playable. Zaha is also ****e.

Tolisso is useful in a Bund midfield, I prefer him to Goretzka/Witsel/Delaney. There's not many all-rounders, just good CAMs and CDMs, good league/nations for linking too. This second set are rubbish though, maybe that Danilo helps someone, looks poor enough.

hots wrote: »
    Tolisso is useful in a Bund midfield, I prefer him to Goretzka/Witsel/Delaney. There's not many all-rounders, just good CAMs and CDMs, good league/nations for linking too. This second set are rubbish though, maybe that Danilo helps someone, looks poor enough.

It’d be great though to know if they get upgraded and how.
    It might completely alter who you go for.

The wording on the politano storyline says he will get upgraded but we don’t know if this also applies to tolisso/zaha and the season 2 picks.

As it stands I’ll take ox, but not going out of my way to get xp

Hogey007 wrote: »
    It’d be great though to know if they get upgraded and how.
    It might completely alter who you go for.

The wording on the politano storyline says he will get upgraded but we don’t know if this also applies to tolisso/zaha and the season 2 picks.

As it stands I’ll take ox, but not going out of my way to get xp

Agreed, and also how many times they can be upgraded too, would definitely influence who I was picking. I'm expecting some sort of tokens/objectives in a quiet point of the year that you can work towards at least one upgrade.

3 games played today, won 2 lost 1 but the amount of f'n goals im conceding from ricochets off defenders to leave strikers 1 v 1 or an open goal is crazy, even the great Van Dijk cant stop it

I dont know how i managed to even win 2 games cos tactics is a waste of time, a depth of 8 defence and they're camped on the edge of my box, while up front, Vardy is stay central, get in behind, well hes way out on the wing, Fabinho is stay back yet he's running more forward then Vardy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

From the games I played last night the standing tackle didn’t seem to work. The ball would just get trapped between the two players and most of the time the forward came away with it.
    I remember it being a bit like that at the very start but I hadn’t seen it since.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Bundesliga Potm should be announced soon.

I guess it is going to be Lewy again looking at all other options.

Am I right that for Bundesliga fans votes are prioritised?

Edit: Gnabry got it

Yeah gnabry 87 rated, seems a reasonable price if your running a bundes team.

How have ye lads so many players 85ovr and from so many nations already to use towards all these POTM's RTTF's and TOTW's players?

Iv'e over 150 players in my club and none are close to 80ovr lol, i really need a lesson in trading or whatever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

How have ye lads so many players 85ovr and from so many nations already to use towards all these POTM's RTTF's and TOTW's players?

Iv'e over 150 players in my club and none are close to 80ovr lol, i really need a lesson in trading or whatever

Got rid of nearly all my 83+ last night and got 89 MVB.
    I thought what the point of keeping them, I’m doing the next icon objectives, the SBCs aren’t great and most importantly there’s no icon SBC.

I’m tempted to put all my lower rated on the market too but I like doing the match ups

Got rid of nearly all my 83+ last night and got 89 MVB.
    I thought what the point of keeping them, I’m doing the next icon objectives, the SBCs aren’t great and most importantly there’s no icon SBC.

I’m tempted to put all my lower rated on the market too but I like doing the match ups

But how did you get so many 83+ players, iv'e just got my squad upto to 83ovr through match coins, the packs iv'e got so far from WL and SB were sh*t

3 games and 3 draws this evening, each game my opponent scored late in the game from a deflect off my defender to his scorer, hopefully theres a patch for this soon enough

83s and 84s skyrocketed for this SBC.. worth making a mental note to stock up on them when they come down again, but don’t go for GKs.

83s and 84s skyrocketed for this SBC.. worth making a mental note to stock up on them when they come down again, but don’t go for GKs.

Yeah wasn’t expecting it, hadn’t many listed but all vanished - 8k Felipes for example - might build a proper team this weekend depending on how prices fluctuate but actually haven’t played the game much in the last week or so.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Caught me off guard too, but it shouldn’t have really.

Mata is a PL attacker, A rare United special player, and was reasonably priced. Chances are a lot of people could have done a chunk of it with what they had, so only needed a few cards to finish.

And so because he was obtainable, the market bounces.

There’s been too many SBCs that were way too expensive for the return that people just glossed right over them. The market bouncing now shows what happens when people engage with an SBC positively.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Popped in to see how you all getting on this year........

Smiles and thanks my lucky stars I stayed clear it sounds worse then ever.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Caught me off guard too, but it shouldn’t have really.

Mata is a PL attacker, A rare United special player, and was reasonably priced. Chances are a lot of people could have done a chunk of it with what they had, so only needed a few cards to finish.

And so because he was obtainable, the market bounces.

There’s been too many SBCs that were way too expensive for the return that people just glossed right over them. The market bouncing now shows what happens when people engage with an SBC positively.

Grabbed him and Angelino to pair with Pique on one side. Got to try out Mata briefly, he feels very nippy but very weak, good fun to use though.

Anyone doing that Gnabry? There's not much on the right wing for Bundesliga and I've POTM Lew so considering it, bit pricey at the moment and the packs are the worst I've ever seen.

Grabbed him and Angelino to pair with Pique on one side. Got to try out Mata briefly, he feels very nippy but very weak, good fun to use though.

Anyone doing that Gnabry? There's not much on the right wing for Bundesliga and I've POTM Lew so considering it, bit pricey at the moment and the packs are the worst I've ever seen.

Looks an unreal card. His price will drop next week for BF... even at his current 170k(?), he looks a solid deal.

Looks an unreal card. His price will drop next week for BF... even at his current 170k(?), he looks a solid deal.

I'm about 200K short of:

RTTF Coman - POTM Lew - POTM Gnabry
    FB Mata - Kante - Story Tolisso
    RTTF Angelino - Scream Pique - Ramos - Zanetti
    Ter Stegen

• Advertisement

I'm about 200K short of:

RTTF Coman - POTM Lew - POTM Gnabry
    FB Mata - Kante - Story Tolisso
    RTTF Angelino - Scream Pique - Ramos - Zanetti
    Ter Stegen

What is Ramos actually like?

I packed Varane so have him paired with Scream Pique but lately I've seen a lot of people talking about Ramos. I had assumed Varane's extra pace made him the more useful of the two.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement