Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Gary Gurney

Would anyone be so kind and tell me what i need to do to start completing the SBC's for the icon cards?

Its my first year taking UT seriously tbh.

for example i am trying to complete the challenges but i do not know what i am supposed to fill my squad with for the topic "ICON SWAPS 1"etc etc? I only have one icon card and its a 63 rated player.

Would appreciate anyone who can kick start this for me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Complete the challenges to get an icon swap player..get enough swap players to trade for the icon player you are after. The challenges are win x games with a squad with 7 first players etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,964 ✭✭✭Liamalone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

New objective up. Basically a Premier League version of the Politano objective gets you an 85 Trossard.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    New objective up. Basically a Premier League version of the Politano objective gets you an 85 Trossard.

Politano only required you to score, this wants you score and win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Only 2 wins. Much better objective in my opinion. Should have been this way from the start.

Also Politano is no longer a Storyline card, he's now a "Group Reward" card, which suggests that the other Storyline cards won't be getting upgrades.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

The whole storyline made me stop doing that tbh.

Either give us an explanation EA or **** off.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Only 2 wins. Much better objective in my opinion. Should have been this way from the start.

Why?

For a card that we don't even know what it is and what upgrade it will get, if any?

They've finally confirmed that Storyline Cards will never be upgradeable, making seemingly already useless cards so much more useless. Can't wait to get an 85 rated Oxlade-Chamberlain the week before TOTY.

https://twitter.com/EAFIFADirect/status/1197953786892800000?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

They've finally confirmed that Storyline Cards will never be upgradeable, making seemingly already useless cards so much more useless. Can't wait to get an 85 rated Oxlade-Chamberlain the week before TOTY.

https://twitter.com/EAFIFADirect/status/1197953786892800000?s=20

They never cease to amaze and disappoint me.

If it means that I’ve less people pausing at the start of the game to request a heap of goals in return for a win then it’s a silver lining

wonski wrote:
    For a card that we don't even know what it is and what upgrade it will get, if any?

Because the community is terrible and doesn't know what content is. They abuse the system to get players in 20 games and then moan there's nothing to do. Anyone who wants the card, should put in a proper grind to get it. Make it take a week or two of playing, not 3-4 hours.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Because the community is terrible and doesn't know what content is. They abuse the system to get players in 20 games and then moan there's nothing to do. Anyone who wants the card, should put in a proper grind to get it. Make it take a week or two of playing, not 3-4 hours.

The community will not change. People will not.

Just saying. Pricks will be pricks.

Had a guy recenttly who watched every single replay. And putting pauses in between. I just put a cigarette box between the sticks of my pad and off went to make a dinner.

He was an angel in the second half ;)

Sometimes it works :)

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Base Icon Upgrade SBC just added

cintec wrote: »
    Base Icon Upgrade SBC just added

Now there's a surprise. Requirements:

83 rated squad with 1x TOTW
    86 rated squad
    86 rated squad with 1x TOTW
    87 rated squad with 1x TOTW

Kinda hurts spending 18 tokens on a Base Icon Pack only for them to release them for like 350k :o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

And it's repeatable.

I'll do one and see what I get, but there's going to be people who have coins to burn that will do a few...

I haven't got the resources for one, used all my best untradeables on Paulinho, probably for the best as he's better than most of the base Icon midfielders anyway.

Now I'm thinking do I take untradeable rewards so I'll have more players to use in the SBC, or tradeable rewards because this SBC means high rated players are finally worth something :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

I’m waiting on a gig to start, hit relist on my transfer list and was wondering wtf was going on when 15 busquets sold instantly at 34k, might’ve got more if I knew sbc was on, no idea, but a handy 9k profit per card.

• Advertisement

Already have one done and waiting. Was sickened to go for Butra but wanted the good player for sure. This is a great way of gutting the club out.

Had few high rates 88 and 87 cards. They just sold, but nothing to be excited about.

More excited about bronze Canadian cb cards sold for 2k :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Finally starting to sell all the psg players I bought ages ago whne they were low ha.

Thinking of buying an icon, any suggestions for around 400-500k?

Id say my back line is in the most need for an upgrade but still have my icon swap to get as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Hopefully this move will help the game.
    Typical I sold my higher rated players last week but I got 89 MVB out of it, so not a complete loss.
    I do recommend him to the above poster, he got 18 in 29 games for me so far.
    Looking forward to having an ongoing SBC to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

ImANoob08 wrote:
    Id say my back line is in the most need for an upgrade but still have my icon swap to get as well...

If you have the tokens for Rio I'd go for him if you need a defender. I got him and find him very good. Others may not rate him as much but he's def shored up my back line.

Packed baby keane. Definitely not the best but I'll.throw him in and see how he does. Better than IF doucoure I was using anyway.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ouch, Futbin saying it's about 550k from scratch currently. Hopefully it comes down in a week or two, but I'd rather hold my coins at that price, cause I know I'd get an Icon worth half that.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Lord TSC wrote:
    Ouch, Futbin saying it's about 550k from scratch currently. Hopefully it comes down in a week or two, but I'd rather hold my coins at that price, cause I know I'd get an Icon worth half that.

Ya it's saucy enough at that price unless you've a lot of high rated players in the club. Prob about 30 icons costing more than that out of what about 100. Chances of hitting one of them are slim to none and your getting nothing from those 2 player packs.

I say this now but I'll prob have it done 3 times in the next few weeks and I'll be damn happy with my lehmann, inzaghi and deco. 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

That price has jumped up in the few hours

• Advertisement

Yeah best to hold off on the SBC’s when they’re not particularly time sensitive. Might hold off on doing Paulinho now all the same and keep the higher rated players I had saved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement