Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

I'm sick of playing against Jamie Vardy! His POTM is the most over powered card ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

really tempted by the David villa sbc with a perfect link to iniesta surely he will also get a special card this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

seiphil wrote: »
    I'm sick of playing against Jamie Vardy! His POTM is the most over powered card ever.

I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Holy crap that rttf dembele is so overpowered.

8 games played (in rivals) 13 goals and 8 assists,

I picked up rttf militao too today to switch to rb and let zanetti play cdm,

Here’s how my team looks now, ignore the chem, I start with 5 at the back to get everyone on full chem bar kante at 8.

Oh and schmeichel is beyond useless! But I promised myself I’d give him 20 matches to full judge him but de gea will be back in soon

F257-E957-BE77-423-C-A20-D-28-A6-E9-C25-FDD.jpg

Base icon sbc up near 650k now! People are crazy (yeah I get doing it if you have a few high rated untradeables, that’s fair enough)

But for anyone considering it from scratch, don’t! Use that money and find a way to fit rttf dembele into your team, he’s down another 30k from what I paid yesterday but he is just insane,

Played 14 with him now and 25 goals and 14 assists!! I know that ratio isn’t sustainable but my god he’s like using a cheat code.

I was hesitant on paying so much for him because he won’t go beyond 87 rated until March (and May never go beyond 87 rated) but if he’s this good at 86, I’ll happily take the 87 upgrade until March.

In summary, don’t do icon sbc, do buy rttf dembele!!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,964 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I would love to be able to splash 750k on Dembele but it would leave me broke :(

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭oleard1987

If you score and watch your players celebrate then you really are the scum of the earth 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

14-2 for the weekend. 2 defeats on PKs. :(

Needed just 1k points in squad battles to get to next level. Won two while doing icon objective on World class and got zero points for each...

Apparently after some amount of refreshes you don't get points... Damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

cintec wrote: »
    really tempted by the David villa sbc with a perfect link to iniesta surely he will also get a special card this year.

I had 3 86's in my club so went ahead and did the sbc, I got lucky with the packs and got Bonucci and Lloris I think it cost roughly 130k-150k which is not bad

• Advertisement

cintec wrote: »
    I had 3 86's in my club so went ahead and did the sbc, I got lucky with the packs and got Bonucci and Lloris I think it cost roughly 130k-150k which is not bad

Let us know what you think of him. Interested in him myself but wouldn’t be able to fit him into current team so would just be a sub at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Hogey007 wrote:
    Let us know what you think of him. Interested in him myself but wouldn’t be able to fit him into current team so would just be a sub at the moment

Played him once during WL and to say he ruined me is an understatement. Everything he touched seemed to go in. I'll see what kind of rewards I get this week before deciding if I'll do him or not. He could be the ibra of this fifa so I think I might get a bit fomo if I don't do him.

I can't fit him into my team either. Running a prem team currently so might be a waste for a supersub.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

anyone trading at the minute, doesn't seem to be a whole you can trade with prices being high and black Friday coming

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

seamie78 wrote: »
    anyone trading at the minute, doesn't seem to be a whole you can trade with prices being high and black Friday coming

Just flipping Vardy, Maguire and Oxlade-Chamberlin. Have about 10 of each, and get two or three sales a cycle at about 1500 profit. Not crazy amounts, but managed to make about 20k a day or so. Have managed to build up enough over the week to possibly grab Villa in the next few days.

I stopped after reaching 2m yesterday. Plan is to get Neymar, Mbappe and Kante when prices hopefully drop, but being 300k short I might just wait a bit longer for Kante.

Neymar and Mbappe I definitely won't wait much longer for :)

2m is a nice place to be at, have about 350k just out of ideas. might wait till Friday and hoover up 84s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

wonski wrote: »
    I stopped after reaching 2m yesterday. Plan is to get Neymar, Mbappe and Kante when prices hopefully drop, but being 300k short I might just wait a bit longer for Kante.

Neymar and Mbappe I definitely won't wait much longer for :)

Had Mbappe for a while and was saving for Neymar. Was 8 - 8 in the last WL, so sold up the excess in the club and got Neymar sat night, ended up 17 - 8.

I probably could have waited till this weekend to get him cheaper but it made my life easier and happy to take the hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

its a pity that if you want to play well and win you need the META cards again this year.
    it was looking like it might be different at the beginning, but its the same aul story with Mbappe neymar messi attacks.

Am i the only one with no interest in getting any of them? David Villa, theres a card i want to get and play with.

The community destroys the game each year looking for exploits and "meta" cards to abuse.
    no enjoyment there, anyone can win a heap of games like that, but its no fun. i'd much rather have a crappy team and get 20-3 than 30-0 with a god squad.

Draft is the only enjoyable game mode this year.

blaa85 wrote: »
    Had Mbappe for a while and was saving for Neymar. Was 8 - 8 in the last WL, so sold up the excess in the club and got Neymar sat night, ended up 17 - 8.

I probably could have waited till this weekend to get him cheaper but it made my life easier and happy to take the hit.

This makes me happy to hear.

Whenever I do come back, I plan on grabbing Neymar to link with my Red Telles on the left. He looks crazy expensive, so am glad to hear he's worth it :P

RossieMan wrote: »
    its a pity that if you want to play well and win you need the META cards again this year.
    it was looking like it might be different at the beginning, but its the same aul story with Mbappe neymar messi attacks.

Is it really "Meta" when you're discussing the cards that were actually designed to be the best in the game?

• Advertisement

I don't feel guilty at all getting any of them.

Worked hard for it ;)

Played more than enough games with **** teams to get Icons and kept saving while being tempted by packs etc.

Let me have a bit of fun with meta Neymar :)

Lord TSC wrote:
    Is it really "Meta" when you're discussing the cards that were actually designed to be the best in the game?

Kane is the same rating as mbappe. And a better finisher in real life. Does that translate in game?

You probably play with ferland Mendy and lenglet too, considering he's the best Lb and cb in the world.

The game is fundamentally broken. Only 5 or 6 gold cards worth using.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Getting a little annoyed with the game tbh. Was looking forward to this week too because I was planning on finally buying some "end-game" cards during this supposed crash to have some fun with, i.e. definitely Neymar, possibly Mbappe too depending on if I wanted to try Villa for a bit first, then use the Icon Swaps on Rivaldo. But the "gameplay" is just getting too difficult to ignore.

I've mentioned before that I hadn't played FUT properly in 5/6 years, and one of the reasons I shelved it then was because too much of the game felt like it was "pre-determined." To the point where if your players were playing like gods in the first half you knew you were most likely going to draw/lose the match because it would flip for the second half and your opponent would then have the god-like performance x2 from their 75 rated Sissoko (he was OP back then as well for Toulouse in FUT 13). But, while perhaps not quite as noticeable, the same flaws exist in this version too. Your team (or your opponent's) can start games where it's as if all the players are on "full-press" (but without the associated energy cost) and you're winning the ball back quickly and creating loads of chances, scoring unlikely goals, passes being cut-out/completed that really shouldn't be etc etc. But the most annoying thing of all is when a player is bearing down on a defender, and simply because he is 89 rated and the poor old defender is 76, then the AI will duly oblige and drag him out of the way, even if you're "in control" of him and actively attempting to move him in the opposite direction. The game is just weighted towards encouraging people to assemble as high-rated (i.e. "expensive") a team as possible so as to: a) make money, duh, and, b) not have those who spend thousands getting their R9 etc complain when they get rinsed by the Inaki Williams & Morales crew for the 50th time because they're just not that good at the game. If it was "balanced" then each game mode from Rivals to WL would play the same.

And actually, no, that wasn't the most annoying thing. The most annoying thing is when you pick your opponents drag-back or little spin turn for the 200th time but the AI just teleports him through your player anyway because Neymar shouldn't have to deal with his boots getting scuffed up by your pauper RB AWB.

Anyway, that turned a little ranty and might just sound like I'm being salty to some but my point is I'm just getting a little bit tired of aspects of matches being completely out of your control no matter how many steps you've taken to account for them.

Kane is the same rating as mbappe. And a better finisher in real life. Does that translate in game?

You probably play with ferland Mendy and lenglet too, considering he's the best Lb and cb in the world.

The game is fundamentally broken. Only 5 or 6 gold cards worth using.

I still wouldn't consider any of them "meta".

Kane has never particularly translated well into Fifa, for whatever reason. And I won't argue the game isn't "broken".

My point is that the entire drive of Fifa is to get the "best" cards. "Meta" cards, to me, would be more like when everyone ran Musa because his pace made him more viable than cards 1000 times the price.

Messi, Mbappe, Ronaldo, Van Dijk...these are cards that are winning awards for being the best players in the world, so I would expect them to play at their very best.

Meta means the most effective tactics right? Or am I going mad?

I've no problem with people using mbappe, neymar etc. It's having to use them all to win.

In late WL, you see the exact same teams, over and over again.

Games are no different, it's losing by 1 goal and your opponent sitting back.
    Same with rivals, objectives mean people are tryharding just to get the objective done. It cuts all the fun of the game. I miss the days of an 8-7 game because it didn't matter of you won or lost, it made no difference. Now it's all rewards orientated. Everyone wants the best of the best.

Meta means the most effective tactics right? Or am I going mad?

I've no problem with people using mbappe, neymar etc. It's having to use them all to win.

In late WL, you see the exact same teams, over and over again.

Games are no different, it's losing by 1 goal and your opponent sitting back.
    Same with rivals, objectives mean people are tryharding just to get the objective done. It cuts all the fun of the game. I miss the days of an 8-7 game because it didn't matter of you won or lost, it made no difference. Now it's all rewards orientated. Everyone wants the best of the best.

do you not regularly criticize others for playing for fun, im pretty sure you have mentioned more than once that the game is about results and that is all that matters

seamie78 wrote:
    do you not regularly criticize others for playing for fun, im pretty sure you have mentioned more than once that the game is about results and that is all that matters

I've never criticized anyone for playing for fun. I've asked on occasions how people who are struggling to get 14 wins continue to play the game. Where do they get the motivation.

But some of you seem to take this up as a n attack.

I like winning, but I like to use different cards as the game is boring otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I’m back baby!!!!
    Splashed out on Xbox one x yesteray with the special offers. Couldn’t resist €329 for one x and Star Wars.
    Of course I had to download fifa last night.
    But I think I’ll just grind away with a normal team and see how it plays out this time around.
    I had 3 super teams last year and the novelty was wearing off. At least now any red cards I get will actually get into my current team :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I've never criticized anyone for playing for fun. I've asked on occasions how people who are struggling to get 14 wins continue to play the game. Where do they get the motivation.

I like winning, but I like to use different cards as the game is boring otherwise.

I mean you've said on multiple occasions that you only find it fun when you're winning... And I'm sure I've seen you criticize people for using crap cards too. Every game has a meta, if winning is important to you you'll play into it, if not you'll do your own thing.

• Advertisement

each to their own, as a spurs fan I always have a harry kane on my team and we all know he can be quite limited but if someone has neymar and mbappe id think fair play they are not easy cards to get. FUT is after all about building a dream team

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement