Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Last two weeks took off drop back and 1 depth and just left it all as default barring instructions... no dice :pac:

Anyone know how to counter the drop back 1 depth?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Last two weeks took off drop back and 1 depth and just left it all as default barring instructions... no dice :pac:

Anyone know how to counter the drop back 1 depth?

In possession, play around with it deeper and shove it side-to-side. If you win the ball off them while they're committed take advantage of them not being parked in their box and get it forward quickly... I'm starting to get a bit better at long shots and finesses from a bit further out against these players too, at the worst you end up with a rake of corners and I'm ok at getting chances from these now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

RossieMan wrote: »
    Meta means the most effective tactics right? Or am I going mad?

Probably just a discussion of semantics, but I'd personally assosciate "Meta" with the most effective tactic that maybe wasn't part of the proper game design.

So, at the moment, I'd more consider the meta tactic to be "Drop back, quick counter attack", and the "meta" players to be cheaper ones that exploit that (St-Maxim, for example).

You can use players like Messi, Ronaldo etc in meta tactics....but I wouldn't consider them meta players in particular, because they are designed to be the very best players in the game. If something is designed to be the best and is the best, then thats as the developers intended.

"Meta players", to me, would be ones you use to exploit mechnaics, without them nessecarily being the best. Vardy, St Maxim, Martial, Rashford...thats what I'd consider to be "meta players".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭djan

That reminds me meta or not I must get onto the Vardy SBC, even thought I'm running a BL/LaLiga hybrid, he has been my most consistent player over the years in FUT :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Lads at the end of the day who gives a bollocks?

Just use whoever you want, gameplay is gonna be shít anyways whether you're using Mbappe or Giroud :pac:

Happy Christmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

RossieMan wrote: »
    I've never criticized anyone for playing for fun. I've asked on occasions how people who are struggling to get 14 wins continue to play the game. Where do they get the motivation.

But some of you seem to take this up as a n attack.

I like winning, but I like to use different cards as the game is boring otherwise.

I’m a fairly casual and I probably fit the description you outlined.
    I got 14-16 at the weekend, which is my best so far. Too many games though but it was a one off as I can only play every second weekend.
    As for motivation, I’m just want to play a few games every other night if possible. This is normally ok but at the moment rivals is ruined. I found the weekend league a bit easier than Div 7.
    I generally change around an icon or a top player every week, just to try them out and keeps it interesting.

I’m still trying to get higher up the divisions and buy better players. That’s the motivation I guess.

hots wrote: »
    In possession, play around with it deeper and shove it side-to-side. If you win the ball off them while they're committed take advantage of them not being parked in their box and get it forward quickly... I'm starting to get a bit better at long shots and finesses from a bit further out against these players too, at the worst you end up with a rake of corners and I'm ok at getting chances from these now.

Nice one.. I’ll give that a try so. Winning the ball back and fast break works most times for me but it’s when I come up against a very good possession player that makes it a ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Made a killing today on Ravel Morrison, around 85k.
    Bought his CAM average 800. Had a load of CAM-CF-ST modifiers and sold him as a ST for average of 6k.
    Lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Have a nice niche collection of silver defenders to list on the market...

Should be fun :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

My Timo Werner with his 92 pace is in on goal, Mats Hummels is in pursuit about 10 yards behind, i'll let ye guess who got to the goal 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Baby schmeichel is so bad on fifa!!! I thought I might get to use him for an odd game for chem reasons but he’s awful!

They really did do one of the greatest keepers of all time dirty!

Another reason why I won’t do the baby icon sbc, the thoughts of getting a duplicate untradeable baby schmeichel scares the bejesus out of me!
    Without an icon sbc to submit them into it makes these sbc’s where you get a random icon soooo risky!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Beef or Salmon

Could do with some recommendations for a team, have approx 1 mil and a untraceable Wright, best league? Any help greatly appreciated 👍👍

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

There has to be dynamic difficulty with the finishing.

Something felt very strange with my Insigne there - two totally bizarre misses. I checked both replays after the game. Both times, both arrows were pointing perfectly to the corner of the post. 92 finishing. 88 composure, with no defender within 3 yards of him. How can he hit it 6 yards wide from 14 yards out with no pressure, a perfect aim and facing the goal?

In both games I played my opponent scored from his both shot. It's like the it dynamically adjusts the finishing of players based on the territory/possession stats. You can be sure that if you dominate a game, your opponent scores with his first shot. I would love to know the percentage of my games where my opponent scores their first shot.

Could do with some recommendations for a team, have approx 1 mil and a untraceable Wright, best league? Any help greatly appreciated ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Post up a pic of your current team, who else have you got with wright?

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Post up a pic of your current team, who else have you got with wright?

Flashback Walcott and POTM Vardy, should the rest. Not that rich unfortunately.

Flashback Walcott and POTM Vardy, should the rest. Not that rich unfortunately.

Ok well maybe work around the premier league players and wright and kind of go with a hybrid premier league team, the defenders in the prem aren’t as good as other leagues so you could easily go with a la liga back line,

The below is Something I threw together very quick, you can change some players around etc but might give you an idea, it comes in around 800k as the price shown includes the cost for vardy and Walcott but you already have them.

You could put in mane and Benjamin mendy on the left if you prefer and wanted to spend the full million.

You’ll get most of these players cheaper during lightning rounds on Black Friday so maybe just have the players you want in mind for Friday and go for it then

Edit: ignore the 9 chem, they’d all be on 10 with loyalty

CE2-D66-F5-42-EC-46-BA-83-A7-6-C76224-C800-E.png

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Ok well maybe work around the premier league players and wright and kind of go with a hybrid premier league team, the defenders in the prem aren’t as good as other leagues so you could easily go with a la liga back line,

The below is Something I threw together very quick, you can change some players around etc but might give you an idea, it comes in around 800k as the price shown includes the cost for vardy and Walcott but you already have them.

You could put in mane and Benjamin mendy on the left if you prefer and wanted to spend the full million.

You’ll get most of these players cheaper during lightning rounds on Black Friday so maybe just have the players you want in mind for Friday and go for it then

Edit: ignore the 9 chem, they’d all be on 10 with loyalty

CE2-D66-F5-42-EC-46-BA-83-A7-6-C76224-C800-E.png

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭djan

I'd strongly reccomend Hernandez from Bayern as a CB and Rousillon LB instead of Umtiti and Mendy. The rest looks good!

djan wrote: »
    I'd strongly reccomend Hernandez from Bayern as a CB and Rousillon LB instead of Umtiti and Mendy. The rest looks good!

Yep agreed, i have those lads, excellant defenders when EA decide theyr'e not

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

son card looks nice, gigs in lm and he just isn't cutting it for me

No Smalling despite a goal, 2 assists and a clean sheet.

Which makes people think he's getting a special card this week in a different promo.

Another week, another patch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Just how important is having everyone on 10 chem?

It's not something I've ever been too bothered by once I reach 100 team chemistry but I lost count of how many icon swaps I had done and only realised I'm way beyond enough for Rivaldo and only one off Hagi now. The possible teams are below, plan on buying Neymar sometime between now and Friday and doing the Villa SBC as well. Rivaldo leaves more players on 10 chem but Hagi looks the better card if only for having a better weak foot. Putting WBY/Mbappe in for Villa leaves everyone on 10 chem bar Paulinho with Hagi selected but I feel like trying out Villa - looks a good card for the 100k or so worth of players I'd have to buy to complete. Or if anybody has any ideas how to reach full chem for them.

e1e800871ad24bf91f0424d69206831f-full.jpg

a2cdce9937c621c7696e7f22852751f4-full.jpg

Lord TSC wrote: »
    No Smalling despite a goal, 2 assists and a clean sheet.

Which makes people think he's getting a special card this week in a different promo.

Flashback promo I hope. Maybe something similar to FUT Bday where it’s a flashback to OP cards from previous FIFAs.

What is the formation ye lads are using in ultimate team, im using the liverpool formation and tactics from seasons, with contrasting fortunes, seasons is better, and gameplay to, just wondering what ye lads use?

Ooooh, just noticed, not only did Promes get his IF, Bergwijn also got a 2IF. Awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

What is the formation ye lads are using in ultimate team, im using the liverpool formation and tactics from seasons, with contrasting fortunes, seasons is better, and gameplay to, just wondering what ye lads use?

433(4). Still haven't bothered to explore custom tactics so everything default :o

• Advertisement

That right back from the Saudi league sbc looks class. You’d need an icon cb and maybe cm too to work him in though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement