Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I honestly dont know why they give players attribute ratings, last night i had Hummels outpacing Werner and now i have Hagi with 58 strength shove TOTW CB Sane with 95 strength to the ground in a standing tackle to score a 87th goal to draw a game i dominated, like WTF, yeah Hagi is an Icon but theres still 40 points in the difference

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

They went crazy mad with leagues lately...

My bronze Saudi players are selling :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

wonski wrote: »
    They went crazy mad with leagues lately...

My bronze Saudi players are selling :)

I’d expect a big league again tomorrow, la liga or prem.
    Would follow the pattern or the week.

La liga most likely as we already got a prem objective player in the last week

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Gave in to my lack of self control and did the SBC, worked out nicely

Screenshot-20191127-234820-01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Some balls... Worked out nice :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Div 4 rank 2 untradeable and my best is 82 Perin ffs. Might have to start taking coins cos packs are not worth it at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Took the 65k from rivals, got muck from packs the last few weeks. My red picks were Promes and Kimmich, not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Div 9 Rank 2 or something, got Promos and a few 83s so not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Got bergwijn and pacheco as my red picks for gold two. Only thing of note in my packs was untradable varane which was a nice surprise. Decided to complete villa as well as had a lot of 84 and 85s sitting in the club. hopefully he's as good as I think he is.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Whats the final thoughts with Villa then? I reckon I can do him for 200k, and I have 1.5m (since I'm not playing, I've sold off anyone I can from my first team).

Worth doing? Not too bothered about chem, cause I can play Mata behind him and probably an LW icon when I get back into the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Whats the final thoughts with Villa then? I reckon I can do him for 200k, and I have 1.5m (since I'm not playing, I've sold off anyone I can from my first team).

Worth doing? Not too bothered about chem, cause I can play Mata behind him and probably an LW icon when I get back into the game.

FUTBIN is saying its around 200K alright. If you can work him into your starting team that you are happy with, he is 100% worth it.

Strong considering him even as a super sub. He has everything, pace, dribbling, shooting, weak foot, skills and one thing that a lot of META attackers are missing, strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Yeah should be about the 200k mark again. 83-86 have fell since yesterday morning. Apart from Felipe of course, 9k is a bargain for him :pac:

Ye lads can have your icons and the rest, i finally have enough coins to buy Reus, lol

Anybody more experienced able to tell me do baby icon prices drop loads when primes are released? Was mulling over the prospect of buying Baby RW Best instead but wouldn't bother if his price will plummet in December - currently costs around a million.

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Anybody more experienced able to tell me do baby icon prices drop loads when primes are released? Was mulling over the prospect of buying Baby RW Best instead but wouldn't bother if his price will plummet in December - currently costs around a million.

This is the first time they've run the icons in this way.

Last year, the Prime Moment cards came out with very little warning, but there were a few SBCs, and the rest were so unobtainable that I don't know if it massively dented the market.

Meanwhile, they've never done it the way they are doing it this year; Babys are leaving the packs within the next few weeks, which might counter-balance the price drop that might come with the Prime releases.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I think the Base cards will drop a little but I'm not worried enough to sell Garrincha.

Base cards like Carlos Alberto (CB), Blanc (CAM), and Figo (CAM) might actually rise once they go out of packs because they're the only version of their cards in those positions.

This is the first time they've run the icons in this way.

Last year, the Prime Moment cards came out with very little warning, but there were a few SBCs, and the rest were so unobtainable that I don't know if it massively dented the market.

Meanwhile, they've never done it the way they are doing it this year; Babys are leaving the packs within the next few weeks, which might counter-balance the price drop that might come with the Prime releases.
    I think the
    Base cards will drop a little but I'm not worried enough to sell Garrincha.

Base cards like Carlos Alberto (CB), Blanc (CAM), and Figo (CAM) might actually rise once they go out of packs because they're the only version of their cards in those positions.

Yeah I’d like to have Best but if I’d lose a tonne on him for just a couple of weeks of play I don’t know if he’s worth it. could take the safe option and upgrade RW with RTTF Dembele who I figure is guaranteed to rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

If anything they should rise after a couple if weeks. They might fall at the beginning but should rise nicely due to demand.

Villa done for 150k, after pack rewards.

Not doing weekend league this weekened. Don't know when the last time I went three weeks without entering was. Not really tempted to go back either, but am getting tempted to build something "for fun", to mess round in seasons with.

Especially with Mata, Villa, Rio and Telles all acquired since I last played.

Not doing weekend league this weekened. Don't know when the last time I went three weeks without entering was. Not really tempted to go back either, but am getting tempted to build something "for fun", to mess round in seasons with.

I have entered for this weekend league but not sure if I’ll play.
    I’ve played fifa very sparingly lately and just can’t see myself playing 25+ matches over Saturday and Sunday.
    (When I submitted I didn’t realise I’d be so busy friday)

I have the 2000 qualifying points spare anyway if I decide not to play

In good news for anyone who got mbabu rttf, wolsberg are safely through and he’ll go to an 84 card in 2 weeks or so.

• Advertisement

Let us know how you find villa anyway.

Will throw get him done tomorrow night

Not liking this new icon thingies.
    Seems like a huge amount of grinding to me and its not one bit appealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

The icon swaps is the only thing can keeping me interested in playing rivals. Also get to see different, and some underpowered teams. Wl is a waste, too much time spent for a lottery of rewards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

New card design in the code... looks like a player moments or something for Black Friday.

https://twitter.com/futwatch/status/1200240602518106121?s=21

The icon swaps is the only thing can keeping me interested in playing rivals. Also get to see different, and some underpowered teams. Wl is a waste, too much time spent for a lottery of rewards.

I suppose that’s another way of looking at it.
    Might actually try it that way.

Well I decided to spend the wad this morning. Sold a couple of players overnight and got Neymar & 88 Best. Whatever the market does now or whatever Black Friday brings I won't be a part of it :pac: Have a decentish trade pile but it'll take a good player SBC for it to clear.

Played five games this morning.

Villa was fine, but I wasn't able to get anything "special" out of him in the games I used him for. Vardy outshined him easily enough. But I know it's probably a case of figuring out how to use him.

Mata, on the other hand, was great. A goal a game for all five games. Three curlers, and two just working his way into the box. Felt a proper brilliant CAM. Really loved him.

And very happy with Rio too. Awesome speed and strenght. Caught up to a few counters.

Still, every game was against people sitting in their own box, and it just still isn't fun. Won 3, lost 2 but every game just felt like an utter chore to play.

Black friday starts in under 2hrs, cant wait to see all the goodies i'll miss out on lol, dont care anyway, my bundesliga team is just great, alternating between Werner and Lewandowski up top, with Coutinho, Coman, Havertz, Reus, Gnabry and Sancho in behind

Played a couple of games there against lads sitting on the edge of their the box with Vardy as their attacker, counted 8 guys at one stage, so i just waited with the ball in my own half until he decided to push up, i managed to get a goal when that happened and he quit, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Rattled through the MLS, Bundesliga and Serie A SBCs, MLS paid out well now that silvers are needed, Serie A was a **** show of awful packs, Bundesliga packed Baby Gattuso in the second last team. Meant I finished with the 3 players and about 250k profit I reckon, obviously not the norm.

Now rocking this team, Acosta is probably the best dribbler I've used in the game, like Mertens of last year on fastforward or something. Only played 4/5 games last night but found his shooting to be excellent. He's also obviously weak as a kitten but still great fun. Barella isn't worth talking about and will be replaced, just using him as he's Red :( Tonali is an absolute beast. Cillessen, after using TerStegen for so long, is dogsh/t, but I'm a stickler for 10chem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Black friday starts in under 2hrs, cant wait to see all the goodies i'll miss out on lol, dont care anyway, my bundesliga team is just great, alternating between Werner and Lewandowski up top, with Coutinho, Coman, Havertz, Reus, Gnabry and Sancho in behind

Played a couple of games there against lads sitting on the edge of their the box with Vardy as their attacker, counted 8 guys at one stage, so i just waited with the ball in my own half until he decided to push up, i managed to get a goal when that happened and he quit, lol

Decent full backs make such a difference against those, I find pinging it across the half way line with my back 4/5 worked well, with the full backs either pushing it back across, bombing down the wing or faking to go that way and finding a man inside. Especially when they are using a Vardy or similar, and always looking to break through the middle, you can get away with bringing your FBs much higher up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement