Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I really wish they've bring back something other than Rivals. I haven't really played for 2 weeks or so. I want to play a few casual games - nobody from my friends list is online for friendlies, so what am I supposed to do? Hop into rivals D3 match, get matched up with a super team of someone around my usual skill level when I haven't played in ages?

It feels like the game is missing a mode for when you just want to relax and play a few games against randomers.

Edit: Annnnnnnnd first game against Mbappe, Neymar, multiple icons, RTTF and Flashback cards :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

You can play friendlies against non friends ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

v3ttel wrote: »
    I really wish they've bring back something other than Rivals. I haven't really played for 2 weeks or so. I want to play a few casual games - nobody from my friends list is online for friendlies, so what am I supposed to do? Hop into rivals D3 match, get matched up with a super team of someone around my usual skill level when I haven't played in ages?

It feels like the game is missing a mode for when you just want to relax and play a few games against randomers.

Edit: Annnnnnnnd first game against Mbappe, Neymar, multiple icons, RTTF and Flashback cards :D

Sounds like friendlies would be your friend... I just play Div rivals and don't take it too seriously, I'd prefer to lose an extra game here or there but at least get some packs from it and have a decently competitive game.

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    The cards you get are untradeable of course. I know everybody has plenty of dross lying in their club but the 81-87 in the vast amount of cases is only going to give you some more in return. The 82+ at least has the chance, no matter how small, of getting an end-game card.

I did about 25 of them 81-87s and maybe 7/8 82+s, the 82+s got be a few 85s and 2 Forsberg IFs annoyingly, 81-87s I would say half were 83 and above... Cleared out the complete garbage and left all prem cards in my club and anything 81 or higher. Had to open maybe 10 bronze packs to add to the 81-87 packs, the rest was in the club already.

Have already got Mbappe TOTW from the TOTW packs so I don't think I'll rinse my 83s through that, hopefully something interesting in Futmas to use them on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

hots wrote: »
    I did about 25 of them 81-87s and maybe 7/8 82+s, the 82+s got be a few 85s and 2 Forsberg IFs annoyingly, 81-87s I would say half were 83 and above... Cleared out the complete garbage and left all prem cards in my club and anything 81 or higher. Had to open maybe 10 bronze packs to add to the 81-87 packs, the rest was in the club already.

Have already got Mbappe TOTW from the TOTW packs so I don't think I'll rinse my 83s through that, hopefully something interesting in Futmas to use them on.

Glad you got something out of them. I look at all these packs through the lens of my own pack luck because I always get SFA. Did a handful of the Ligue 1 81+ upgrades last night to use up my duplicates on the off chance I’d have that Mbappe luck, got Fàbregas 3/4 times. In a two-player pack I was getting a player I had never pulled before over and over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Marco van Basten removed from the game and his price has gone up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

cintec wrote:

Careful getting involved with trading him. Bigger chance they'll remove him from the market in the coming days similar to when deaths happen. He won't be back in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

cintec wrote: »

Talk about a complete over reaction from EA ffs.

Blazer wrote:
    Talk about a complete over reaction from EA ffs.

Seig heil isnt exactly something you want to be shouting on live TV.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Seig heil isnt exactly something you want to be shouting on live TV.

He thought the mic was off and was just having a laugh with the interviewer being interviewed who was speaking German badly on it.
    A whole fuss over nothing

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Did Newcastle, Norwich and Wolves this morning for the PL Milestones card.

Newcastle packs me IF Promes. Ok, I have his OTW but no bad thing having an 84 IF for SBCs.

Norwich packs me a Blue Alli. Haven't done Spurs yet, so he'll help.

Wolves. Argentian. Striker. Man City. Agureeerrroooo :D

Thrilled with that. Not saying I've had incredible pack luck this year, but that's him and Salah I have now as untradeables, who will keep me going for ages. And I haven't done City for the objectives yet either :)

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Did Newcastle, Norwich and Wolves this morning for the PL Milestones card.

Newcastle packs me IF Promes. Ok, I have his OTW but no bad thing having an 84 IF for SBCs.

Norwich packs me a Blue Alli. Haven't done Spurs yet, so he'll help.

Wolves. Argentian. Striker. Man City. Agureeerrroooo :D

Thrilled with that. Not saying I've had incredible pack luck this year, but that's him and Salah I have now as untradeables, who will keep me going for ages. And I haven't done City for the objectives yet either :)

Nice, that's three of the harder ones done too. I do wish it was a player pick at the end, I have Mane untradeable so there's not much value to Trossard for me, I think they confirmed he won't progress either?

Nice, that's three of the harder ones done too. I do wish it was a player pick at the end, I have Mane untradeable so there's not much value to Trossard for me, I think they confirmed he won't progress either?

Yeah, I think so, sadly.

I've got absolutely nothing for the LW (I was using 7 chem RWers that I have a few of), so am kind of chipping away at the objectives cause he'll go into my team quickly. Not sure how good he is.

Even if I never use him, I'm actually having more fun using weirder cards going for a 100% 87 rated card, as opposed to going into weekend league and feeling miserable playing.

I'll probably go for the Italian one next. Given you don't need wins, I feel that will be a lot easier too, cause I scored in so many games with Diego Jota, only to lose or draw :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Yeah Norwich is one of the ones I'm not looking forward to as I didn't do PotM Pukki. I've Chelsea, Pool, Spurs & Villa done already and another ten or so should be handy enough as I can rotate ok players into my team. Norwich, Southampton, Brighton & Burnley are the one's I'm expecting to be hardest.

I've been using either Jota or Fraser at LM so Trossard will be a nice free upgrade that's a bit of fun to get.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Yeah, I think so, sadly.

I've got absolutely nothing for the LW (I was using 7 chem RWers that I have a few of), so am kind of chipping away at the objectives cause he'll go into my team quickly. Not sure how good he is.

Even if I never use him, I'm actually having more fun using weirder cards going for a 100% 87 rated card, as opposed to going into weekend league and feeling miserable playing.

I'll probably go for the Italian one next. Given you don't need wins, I feel that will be a lot easier too, cause I scored in so many games with Diego Jota, only to lose or draw :(

Politano is pretty sick, and easy to fit into lots of teams, and a stronger than almost every other Italian/Serie A RW, well worth it.

Trossard with the accelleration, agility, balance should be very tidy

Just noticed that Villa, Sheffield United and Norwich don't need you to win games. Just score. Makes them a little easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Lord TSC wrote:

I started doing these last week and have only one more to complete. Was actually fun playing trying to complete them. Only met one salty player. I scored first with haller he equalised and then quit. But overall enjoyable and didn't seem too much of a grind.

In saying that I am in between division 5 and 6 so you wouldn't have many world beaters there.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Also best player I got out of the two player packs was blue David Silva. Handy for a future sbc.

Enjoyed doing the PL objectives too actually. Forced you to use some weird attacking combinations but was quite fun. Did most of them a week or two ago and haven't looked at it since buying a few premium players on Black Friday but know I have one Sheffield United and Burnley left to do. No idea where I am with the Serie A version but had long since gotten bored with it even though it's easier in principle to do.

Didn't get a thing with any of the packs I actually opened of course :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Another week, another patch, how does this game get past the final stage before release without somebody noticing the game is a bust

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Turkish league up.

Another week, another patch, how does this game get past the final stage before release without somebody noticing the game is a bust

The patches do nothing. Fully convinced.

Game plays the same it did before the last 2 patches.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Trossard and politano will get upgrades :)

It’s the tolisso/zaha “storyline” players that they confirmed won’t get upgrades.

RossieMan wrote: »
    The patches do nothing. Fully convinced.

Game plays the same it did before the last 2 patches.

I posted the same last fifa after the patch to fix the reaction times for cpu defender blocking of shots, it was way to fast, it never changed, and even with this "update" it was supposed to fix players getting yellow cards for minor fouls, well nothing has changed there either, last week there was one to fix penalty takers moving their head before they start their run up, i dont think its worked because iv'e saved my last 6 pens because they moved their head, ha

Edit: just checked that pen taker patch, it would stop them moving their head as they began their run up, i still saved the pens by diving to the side they last looked

Used Silver Niasse to finish the Everton objective.

Packed Sergio Ramos :D

This has been extremely profitable of an objective to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Played 7 games last night. Need 1 more win for the final Icon token. 2 draws & 5 losses. Took the lead in every game and then classic case of all players playing their first game of football ever in the second half. Using a pretty bad Italian team with an 82 rating and at least 4 of the games were against 86+ rated super teams with not a single gold card.

I could see what was happening and should have just gone to bed but sheer stubborness made me keep trying until my spirit was broken :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Frisbee wrote: »
    Played 7 games last night. Need 1 more win for the final Icon token. 2 draws & 5 losses. Took the lead in every game and then classic case of all players playing their first game of football ever in the second half. Using a pretty bad Italian team with an 82 rating and at least 4 of the games were against 86+ rated super teams with not a single gold card.

I could see what was happening and should have just gone to bed but sheer stubborness made me keep trying until my spirit was broken :pac:

You should be ok tonight. Wednesday nights are always the toughest, everyone looking to hit rank 1 for rival rewards.

The amount of dickheads in div 8 and 9 with super teams and who are obviously playing way way below their actual division is bloody crazy.
    It’s ruining rivals for me.

Considering taking coins for the first time from DR. Been taking untradeable packs until now but between my pack luck and the prospect of some decent SBC's for xmas, the coins might be a better bet.

• Advertisement

Not sure whats going on today, players like Reus, Havertz, Witzel with mid to high 80's passing cant pass the ball 5 yards, missing their target nearly everytime, bloody frustrating, cos it mucks up the final pass to Lewandowski and the chance to score goes

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement