Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

86 Fekir instead of Van Dijk for me.

Not a bad pull considering the selection of 81's this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

I see PL POTM will be out tomorrow. Could it be vardy again? It better cost 500k if it does. I'm fed up of seeing his 86 card.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Just done another bundesliga upgrade as im running a bundesliga team, got rid of a load of low 70's gold, and out came 87ovr Thiago from Bayern, happy days

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

blaa85 wrote: »
    I see PL POTM will be out tomorrow. Could it be vardy again? It better cost 500k if it does. I'm fed up of seeing his 86 card.

Nominees are KdB, Van Dijk, Vardy, Mane, Jimenez.

I still think his first was priced accidentally, and they rolled with it. Be interesting to see how much any of them cost. Mane, KdB and VVD will all have to be crazy expensive.

I see Promes is in a few "TOTGS" predictions (which starts tomorrow, as just announced), and that OTWs do update with these cards.

So possible 86 Promes tomorrow? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I see Promes is in a few "TOTGS" predictions (which starts tomorrow, as just announced), and that OTWs do update with these cards.

So possible 86 Promes tomorrow? :D

Not to rain on your parade but they do have the nationalities beside each position and Dutch ain't there :P

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSFIFA/status/1202648853003943937?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ffifaforums.easports.com%2Fen%2Fdiscussion%2F521654%2Ftotgs-promo-announcement

Adamcp898 wrote: »

You really think they know flags?

They could have picked random flags from their keyboard like Facebook people do :)

wonski wrote: »
    You really think they know flags?

They could have picked random flags from their keyboard like Facebook people do :)

Oh they're hyping people up for Messi & Mbappe only to hit them with Di Maria & Benzema :D

Oh they're hyping people up for Messi & Mbappe only to hit them with Di Maria & Benzema :D

Or even worse...

That’s only five flags tho? Guessing there’ll be more than five players.

Hmm..wonder who the Korean LW player is :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Reckon it’s the fella from RB Leipzig knowing EA :pac:

I really hate when I'm having a fun game against someone, and then out of nowhere, they start acting like a child, cause I cant help but feel then that I've misread the game I've been having.

I'm running through some of the Politano objectives currently, using a pretty poor Italian team. But because I don't need to win, I'm not bothered about, you know, defending. So am having loads of 5-4 games.

This seems to be winding people up though, even if they're winning. I had one game end 8-5. Proper cracker, up and down. And he was always at least two goals clear of me, never in any danger of losing, but I had 5 different goal scorers so didn't care. And after skipping celebrations for the first six of his goals, he starts dabbing, shushing, etc on his last two. Properly making a clown out of himself, when I had been about to send a message saying I had enjoyed the games.

Or the guys who are obviously going out of their way trying to humilate me via skill moves and the likes. Had one game I lost 5-1, and the guy was running to the half way line on each goal. Didn't bother me. I had two 75 rated players up front, and scored with one, so was happy to knock that off my list.

Its like people really resent having to play someone trying to use a poor team to get objectives. I think some give off vibes they get annoyed I won't quit when I go a goal or two down, but the objectives don't need me to win, so 3-1 or 7-1 makes no difference to me, once that one goal gets locked in and I have the chance of more. At this point, you're wasting your own time dragging out celebrations...

(Mind, I felt sorry for the two utter super teams I faced who I demolished 5-0 and 5-1 through some of the most obvious handicapping I've ever seen. Pele, Messi, Ronaldo, not able to score tap ins, and my silver Italians scoring screamers from a mile out....)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I really hate when I'm having a fun game against someone, and then out of nowhere, they start acting like a child, cause I cant help but feel then that I've misread the game I've been having.

I'm running through some of the Politano objectives currently, using a pretty poor Italian team. But because I don't need to win, I'm not bothered about, you know, defending. So am having loads of 5-4 games.

This seems to be winding people up though, even if they're winning. I had one game end 8-5. Proper cracker, up and down. And he was always at least two goals clear of me, never in any danger of losing, but I had 5 different goal scorers so didn't care. And after skipping celebrations for the first six of his goals, he starts dabbing, shushing, etc on his last two. Properly making a clown out of himself, when I had been about to send a message saying I had enjoyed the games.

Or the guys who are obviously going out of their way trying to humilate me via skill moves and the likes. Had one game I lost 5-1, and the guy was running to the half way line on each goal. Didn't bother me. I had two 75 rated players up front, and scored with one, so was happy to knock that off my list.

Its like people really resent having to play someone trying to use a poor team to get objectives. I think some give off vibes they get annoyed I won't quit when I go a goal or two down, but the objectives don't need me to win, so 3-1 or 7-1 makes no difference to me, once that one goal gets locked in and I have the chance of more. At this point, you're wasting your own time dragging out celebrations...

(Mind, I felt sorry for the two utter super teams I faced who I demolished 5-0 and 5-1 through some of the most obvious handicapping I've ever seen. Pele, Messi, Ronaldo, not able to score tap ins, and my silver Italians scoring screamers from a mile out....)

it is massively annoying playing someone going for objectives to be fair. rivals is not the place for objectives, but thats already been covered numerous times by now.

its such a waste of 20 minutes playing someone with no interest in winning the game.

RossieMan wrote: »
    it is massively annoying playing someone going for objectives to be fair. rivals is not the place for objectives, but thats already been covered numerous times by now.

its such a waste of 20 minutes playing someone with no interest in winning the game.

Hey, I try to win if I can. It's not that I have no interest in winning, I just am more than happy to keep going even if I can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Hey, I try to win if I can. It's not that I have no interest in winning, I just am more than happy to keep going even if I can't.

oh dont get me wrong, i know what you're saying. But having Ronaldo etc against a couple of non rare strikers isn't exactly fair matchmaking.

EA need to sort this out, its been a mess for years. At least divisions was semi-casual last year. nothing at all for the casual player this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

oh dont get me wrong, i know what you're saying. But having Ronaldo etc against a couple of non rare strikers isn't exactly fair matchmaking.

EA need to sort this out, its been a mess for years. At least divisions was semi-casual last year. nothing at all for the casual player this year.

What's changed though? If anything there's far more for the casual player this year with friendlies?

In my eyes WL is competitive, Div Rivals is day to day and Friendlies are for dicking around. I like Div Rivals having some objectives tbh, adds more challenge to the objective having to do it in a mode where there's at least a positive/negative consequence to winning and losing... I do think they should cap the number of relegations in a period though, make it capped at 2 and then if you keep losing it erodes your DR points and you end up hurting your rewards if you keep trying to relegate.

Ah I just looked at the tweet and assumed it would only be the five. But honestly, the best players from the group stages most likely already have at least one sort of special card, do they need another!? I wish they'd vary it a bit more so that the meta players wouldn't just become more and more meta as they're upgraded.

The only bit I find tiresome are the people who message you to let them score and if you don't reply they quit out of the game. It's a massive waste of time in a game mode that is already bloated in terms of how long matches take. They're meant to be 12 minutes but it feels more like 20 with all the TIFO & celebration **** followed by full half time & three pauses.

If the game mode was even balanced and purely skill based it'd be one thing to have all this superfluous ****e but when so much of most match results is decided by who rolls the best RNG with respect to the AI of both teams then what's the point? If it's an arcade game mode it should be treated as such and be as smooth and fast as possible to encourage repeat play. Save the production value then for WL if they want to also have a true ranked skill mode.

The only bit I find tiresome are the people who message you to let them score and if you don't reply they quit out of the game. It's a massive waste of time in a game mode that is already bloated in terms of how long matches take. They're meant to be 12 minutes but it feels more like 20 with all the TIFO & celebration **** followed by full half time & three pauses.

If the game mode was even balanced and purely skill based it'd be one thing to have all this superfluous ****e but when so much of most match results is decided by who rolls the best RNG with respect to the AI of both teams then what's the point? If it's an arcade game mode it should be treated as such and be as smooth and fast as possible to encourage repeat play. Save the production value then for WL if they want to also have a true ranked skill mode.

Yes! You should be able to set preferences for that and have it as one of the factors when matchmaking. I don't care about TIFOs or all the prematch ****e, I'd happily get rid of celebrations and most replays. Also should be optional to get all of the points updates after each game.

hots wrote: »
    Yes! You should be able to set preferences for that and have it as one of the factors when matchmaking. I don't care about TIFOs or all the prematch ****e, I'd happily get rid of celebrations and most replays. Also should be optional to get all of the points updates after each game.

Yeah I figure the points update is covering some sort of loading screen. It’s the only way I can make sense of it because you can skip the version for squad battles. It takes so bloody long though.

My main issue is that for a game that’s meant to be “pick-up-and-play”, when you have a spare half an hour or whatever you’re not still not sure if it’s long enough to actually do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I would love there to be a mode/filter with no TIFO crap and no replays or celebrations allowed. I always skip all of them. Genuinely don't understand what people get out of the long celebration animations.

• Advertisement

Frisbee wrote: »
    Genuinely don't understand what people get out of the long celebration animations.

By and large, I think the point is to "trigger" you. Annoy you so much that you tilt in frustration, making it easier to beat you. Frustrate you so much that you eventually quit the game, and hand them the win.

Basically, a huge driving point is to act like an asshole in a bid to get a reaction.

By and large, I think the point is to "trigger" you. Annoy you so much that you tilt in frustration, making it easier to beat you. Frustrate you so much that you eventually quit the game, and hand them the win.

Basically, a huge driving point is to act like an asshole in a bid to get a reaction.

Exactly. Even if I intend to celebrate to give someone it in return I normally end up hitting r1+l1 out of habit :o

This was the story of my night playing FIFA last night btw. Everything felt like a chore and any goal felt like a victory with the effort it took to drag players kicking and screaming to where you wanted them. I'm convinced a certain amount of your AI RNG is calculated the moment you log in to FUT because you can have nights where you're untouchable, change nothing, but the next night be playing with a bag of potatoes.

This capped it off though. Whatever change they made to the threshold for yellow cards has also effected tackling. That's my Pique being assaulted by Talisca as he attempts to clear the ball. The goal stood, of course.

ezgif-2-34718e7d6fc3.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Exactly. Even if I intend to celebrate to give someone it in return I normally end up hitting r1+l1 out of habit :o

Same I just mash the shoulder buttons on reflex now. Wouldn't even know the buttons required to do a celebration :o

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Messi 96 POTM sbc from December 12th!!

Lenny17123 wrote: »
    Messi 96 POTM sbc from December 12th!!

Won't be too expensive :pac:

SBC up for an 89 rated Benzema too. Only clocking in round 90k currently.

SBC up for an 89 rated Benzema too. Only clocking in round 90k currently.

Think I'm going to skip it. Would fit my team but the card doesn't look all that great to me tbh even though I had fun with his NIF.

Don't think any amount of trading in the next week will get me that Messi :(

In other news, I managed to drop nearly 200 DR points this evening. Not sure what they've done to the game in the last patch but I can't play it evidently. CB's in particular just seem to part ways as soon as anyone plays a one-two near them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

I packed TOTGS Lautaro Martinez from Inter Milan. He’s got some serious stats.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement