Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Lord TSC wrote:
    Won't be too expensive

Adamcp898 wrote:
    Don't think any amount of trading in the next week will get me that Messi

We can dream can't we 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Opened 1 50k pack during lightning round with coins, tolisso. Looks solid. Should go up to at least 100k given his links.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Has something happened this evening, haven't had a red card since the start of this fifa, so far this evening 5 reds in 7 games, i know the patch tweaked the yellow card tackle but it seems to have increased the chances of red

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Played two game tonight and couldn't face anymore...

Been around two weeks since I've played...

I do go Through phases like this where I could Play games flat out for months and then not be able to touch them but fifa really is bad this year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I really want to try that Haland card, but he’s so hard to chem into teams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

I can only thank EA for this car crash of a game,Ive been playing other games i usually wouldnt get around to because of grinding Rivals and WL etc.....once you break the spell of thinking you're missing out on packs/players etc life is good :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Lenny17123 wrote: »
    We can dream can't we 😂😂

Would be hilarious if they made him reasonably cheap and just killed the market entirely :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Would be hilarious if they made him reasonably cheap and just killed the market entirely :D

Unreasonably cheap Messi sbc would made it unreasonably expensive in short space of time.

Imagine if the sbc consisted of 3 blocks 85 rated each only.

The whole pile of 85 rated cards would reach max BIN in hours.

Not something I would like to see. Not now when my pile is empty anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Impossible to do this Brazil swaps challenge when all I’m coming up against is drop back 1 depth ffs. Just had one fella who had Neymar, Mbappe etc and won from two goals in off the post. Played 1 depth and drop back too vs Teixeira, Moura and Taison :pac:

12 games and only 3 wins. It’s wrecking my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Messi’s 96 ucl totgs card is currently 2.9mil, might drop a little over the next day or 2 as it’s packed more but realistically the sbc should be 80/85% the cost of this card so you’re talking 2.1 to 2.5 million.

It’ll require a lot of IF’s!
    Unless they go down the route it f requiring base Messi but I highly doubt that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,964 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Played one game last night, WL, got a man sent off straight from kick off, won 2-1, awful gameplay, turned xbox off.

Sums it up really. Been sitting on 800k for about two months now, not even interested, haven't done an sbc in donkeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Havent fired it up in over a month now I've lost that amount of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Messi’s 96 ucl totgs card is currently 2.9mil, might drop a little over the next day or 2 as it’s packed more but realistically the sbc should be 80/85% the cost of this card so you’re talking 2.1 to 2.5 million.

It’ll require a lot of IF’s!
    Unless they go down the route it f requiring base Messi but I highly doubt that

Someone posted on Twitter in the replies that EA said they're not going down the route of requiring base cards in SBCs anymore. Also, I don't see how it'll be 80% of the cost of his TOGS if it's an untradeable card?

I’d go with a 1.5-1.7m SBC. EA will want it cheap enough for some people to do it and drain coins from the market ahead of TOTY.

Someone posted on Twitter in the replies that EA said they're not going down the route of requiring base cards in SBCs anymore. Also, I don't see how it'll be 80% of the cost of his TOGS if it's an untradeable card?

They usually count packs as compensation for the card being untradeable.

Would be very very surprised if it’s under 2 mil.

I’ve a lot of prep done anyway, IF navas 89 x 4, IF veratti 87 rated x 3, along with Thiago silva x 4, Marquinhos x4, Cavani x4, di Maria x4 and icardi x 4.

Get a lot of chem from those and can slot in la liga players then or whatever the requirements are.

Not even sure if I’ll do it but no harm in being ready

Looks like there’s a di Maria moments coming, 2 star weak foot Though!

https://twitter.com/fut20news/status/1203295678186901505?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

The problem with the Messi SBC is that if they just have it require a few really high rated teams rather than requiring you use his NIF card then 86+ rated players are going to skyrocket to a ridiculous level. This wouldn't be so bad if his SBC was only available for a couple days but it's a POTM card meaning it'll be there for the whole month, effectively destroying the value of all FUTMAS SBCs that are set to be released.

The problem with the Messi SBC is that if they just have it require a few really high rated teams rather than requiring you use his NIF card then 86+ rated players are going to skyrocket to a ridiculous level. This wouldn't be so bad if his SBC was only available for a couple days but it's a POTM card meaning it'll be there for the whole month, effectively destroying the value of all FUTMAS SBCs that are set to be released.

I don’t think they’ll want Messi to be accessible, I haven’t used him in fifa20 yet but by all accounts he seems to be the best non icon card.
    I think they really only want us getting Messi, Ronaldo from packs or buying from the market.

Wouldn’t surprise me if they priced this sbc dearer than his totgs card just to put people off it.

All these people selling their rttf dembele etc because “they’re getting Messi Thursday” might be buying dembele back Friday morning

4th week of not bothering with WL, and having broken the habit, it would be tough to go back. Really don't miss that grind at all, and at least doing objectives means I know 100% what I'm getting at the end of it.

1.5m in the bank though. At some point, I'll have to figure out what to spend it on, but because I'm focusing on objectives, I've not needed to build a "super team" yet either.

Speaking of objectives, loving the excuse to get my Dutch boys back into the team :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Oh btw been away the past few days for the Liverpool match and while over there myself and a friend who also plays agreed to each do a Base Icon Pack. He got Nedved which seems pretty good, I got this lad:

Screenshot-20191205-141104-01.jpg

So after getting Desailly a couple weeks back and now Essien in my first two I figured I had to do another to see if the luck would continue and ehhhhh

Screenshot-20191206-004503-01.jpg

So I kind of feel an obligation to keep doing them until I get a bad one now :p They cost about 500k each and the three players I've packed are worth 900k, 1m, and 1.5m so even if I do get Schmeichel I'm still massively in the green.

Oh btw been away the past few days for the Liverpool match and while over there myself and a friend who also plays agreed to each do a Base Icon Pack. He got Nedved which seems pretty good, I got this lad:

Screenshot-20191205-141104-01.jpg

So after getting Desailly a couple weeks back and now Essien in my first two I figured I had to do another to see if the luck would continue and ehhhhh

Screenshot-20191206-004503-01.jpg

So I kind of feel an obligation to keep doing them until I get a bad one now :p They cost about 500k each and the three players I've packed are worth 900k, 1m, and 1.5m so even if I do get Schmeichel I'm still massively in the green.

Haha that’s brilliant man fair play!

I refused to do one because I already have an untradeable schmeichel from the icon swaps and he’s horrendous, if I got a duplicate untradeable schmeichel I’d have to buy a new PS4 and tv :D

Lord TSC wrote: »
    4th week of not bothering with WL, and having broken the habit, it would be tough to go back. Really don't miss that grind at all, and at least doing objectives means I know 100% what I'm getting at the end of it.

1.5m in the bank though. At some point, I'll have to figure out what to spend it on, but because I'm focusing on objectives, I've not needed to build a "super team" yet either.

Same as that, I was away during week at united match and rather than bothering with weekend league yesterday I just decided to do the king objective even though I’ll probably rarely use it.

Used Aguero while doing it so have a lot of taglifico done too, just feels a lot less pressure than trying to cram in up to 30 games over a weekend

130k for 2 star weak foot di Maria, no thanks!

Hogey007 wrote: »
    130k for 2 star weak foot di Maria, no thanks!

his card looks incredible in ever other regard.
    really not bad value for a 93 rated CAM. his shooting will let you down, but he'll definitely be fun to use.

Got bored and started playing draft... first 2, out in the first round. Last one, out in the 2nd round after losing 10-4 :pac: base icon VDS genuinely couldn’t save a thing. Might as well have put Insigne in goal and he’d have done a better job

reckon Rashford will get an IF this week? Played well against Spurs and Pool.

Would love my OTW Wan Bassika to get a boost for his performance today as well :D

I’m almost 100k in on draft now... I can’t stop, I’m addicted. Had 4 mediocre squads out of 5, including the one I’m about to start playing now. Discarded a lot of ****e IFs to cover the cost.

Also, Ronaldo is **** this year. Don’t know if it’s delay or what, but he’s so clunky.

Lord TSC wrote:
    Would love my OTW Wan Bassika to get a boost for his performance today as well

Why would he get an upgrade? He did nothing of note in the game, other than almost getting carried into the net for otamendis goal.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    reckon Rashford will get an IF this week? Played well against Spurs and Pool.

Would love my OTW Wan Bassika to get a boost for his performance today as well :D

Rashford should get one given the 3 goals and performance over the 2 games combined with the calibre of opponents.

Wan bissaka was superb but think he’d have needed to keep the clean sheet for any chance of totw.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement