Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭matthewmurdock

Did the Base Icon pack myself and got Shearer. He is absolutely useless so still a bit sad about that. Turns like a truck (agility and balance really are the most important stats this year), 3* WF and 2* skills, no pace either.

Started him this Weekend League, moved Butragueno back into CAM. I did well but felt it was in spite of Shearer rather than because of him, and he was regularly my first sub off. Butragueno is incredible by the way, so happy I went with him as my icon swap.

Friday night played 4 games, went 2-2. Should only have played the 1 because the input delay and server lag was the worst I have ever experienced.

Saturday played 2 games and won them both well.

Today decided to start playing when I woke up around 8 and said I would take a break when I lost or got to Gold 3. Won 9 games on the trot before losing, so was 1 away from Gold 3 so played the next to get me there and won. A couple of weeks ago I realised I was holding down the sprint button too often, and my game is transformed since I stopped.

Another thing that helped is that I was playing Red IF Wijnaldum and Pogba as CDM's in a 4-2-3-1 and it wasn't working. Wijnaldum was set to stay back while attacking but he kept wandering off, and Pogba was allowed go forward anyway. High/High workrates are so bad for the CDM who sits, so had untradeable IF Ndidi who I brought in for Wij. Kante will eventually be bought but bigger priority is sorting out striker. Feels so sickening to have an untradable icon who isn't even good enough for the bench.

Went 14-3 and decided that the stress of trying to push on for Elite 3 would not be worth it at all. Not enough of an incentive in the rewards to be honest for the potential rage it could send me into.

Limited in my options for my team due to chemistry, so a Shearer replacement pretty much has to be an icon. Budget of about 350k for next WL, looking at Larsson2 right now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Oh, hadn’t noticed DiMaria was a LWer. Means I can put him up front with Agureo in the middle and Salah on the right. Awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Anybody got much experience of the narrower formations and what's best this year?

Been on 433(4) since the start but for the amount of coins I have invested in LW/RW with Neymar & Best, I don't really use either of them. My main play comes through the middle from CAM & ST so maybe if I went with a narrower forward line it would make more sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Anybody got much experience of the narrower formations and what's best this year?

Been on 433(4) since the start but for the amount of coins I have invested in LW/RW with Neymar & Best, I don't really use either of them. My main play comes through the middle from CAM & ST so maybe if I went with a narrower forward line it would make more sense.

I use 4-3-1-2 a lot and like it but I find my opponents always have an out ball to their full backs when needed

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Did the Di Maria sbc for around 60k and gets Suarez out of the last pack giving me 45k back :)
    Gonna pair with Aguero, The Argentinian LB objective and that Argentinian spurs midfielder which should give me full chem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Blazer wrote:
    Did the Di Maria sbc for around 60k and gets Suarez out of the last pack giving me 45k back Gonna pair with Aguero, The Argentinian LB objective and that Argentinian spurs midfielder which should give me full chem.

Tagliafico doesn't get full chem in that set up without an Argentine CB.
    Lo celso is actually an alright CM.

Blazer wrote:
    Did the Di Maria sbc for around 60k and gets Suarez out of the last pack giving me 45k back Gonna pair with Aguero, The Argentinian LB objective and that Argentinian spurs midfielder which should give me full chem.

RossieMan wrote: »

He does when I pair IF Otamendi beside him :)
    Also using Argentinian manager brings Di Maria to 8 chem.
    Bloody pricks.
    I get to play 3 games with him and 3 people quit after he scores against them. Knobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Got the season 2 player pick complete, took the ox, looks a pretty decent cm or cam with the artist chem on him.

I’m sure he’ll come in handy for prem or English objectives.

There’s a cuadrado 85 rated rb sbc coming at 6.

You’d imagine it’d be very very cheap

• Advertisement

Hogey007 wrote: »
    There’s a cuadrado 85 rated rb sbc coming at 6.

You’d imagine it’d be very very cheap

I really loved his base card when I was doing the Italian milestone objectives, so I can see myself doing it. Especially since I'm getting tempted towards grabbing Ronaldo soon too.

83 rated team, 1 TOTW, 1 Italian league, 65 chem.

He'll be very cheap then.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    83 rated team, 1 TOTW, 1 Italian league, 65 chem.

He'll be very cheap then.

Yeah fairly cheap, you’d need to be able to switch him in game to rw though, he just doesn’t have the defensive stats

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

I really hate this game at times.
    Way too inconsistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,136 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Taking a break from wl for a while since the inconsistency in my own play makes it unenjoyable. Had to laugh that after 4 straight losses had an opponent hit my post 4 times ( 2 inside of posts)- Good ol fifa granting me a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Got the Tagliafico card over the weekend. He'd be paired beside Nesta with a non Argie ahead of him so he is only getting 8 Chem. So can't decide whether 8 Chem Tagliafico or 10 Chem Digne is the way forward. Was thinking of maybe getting RTTF Neres to put ahead of him and link him with Firminho as well.

Also got that Moments King almost by accident. Did all of his objectives but the volley just for the XP and then somehow scored 4 volleys I have no memory of on Saturday. Wasn't even trying to score them and I can't remember scoring even one so no idea how that happened, he'll do for the Bournemouth part of the Trossard card at least.

Also packed a TotGS card from Squad Battles reward. But of course it was Haaland who is pointless and sells for F all. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Frisbee wrote: »
    Got the Tagliafico card over the weekend. He'd be paired beside Nesta with a non Argie ahead of him so he is only getting 8 Chem. So can't decide whether 8 Chem Tagliafico or 10 Chem Digne is the way forward. Was thinking of maybe getting RTTF Neres to put ahead of him and link him with Firminho as well.

Also got that Moments King almost by accident. Did all of his objectives but the volley just for the XP and then somehow scored 4 volleys I have no memory of on Saturday. Wasn't even trying to score them and I can't remember scoring even one so no idea how that happened, he'll do for the Bournemouth part of the Trossard card at least.

Also packed a TotGS card from Squad Battles reward. But of course it was Haaland who is pointless and sells for F all. :rolleyes:

Ended up forgetting to finish the last King objective before it ran out, used the loan card and he's pretty good but wouldn't get in a team unless it was a PL/First Owner job... Will definitely try and finish off the end of that Tagliafico though I think, his loan card was very good and Eredvisie is being given a few fun cards this year.

Packed Hazard at the weekend so now flicking in between these two teams, he's a bit underwhelming though compared to previous years, really good, but Sterling would definitely be better.

Just have the squad battle portion of Tagliafico left to do which look simple enough. Just gotta motivate myself into the Squad Battles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I need to do Tag as well, actually. Looks a solid card but I really struggle with the rivals objectives :pac: any tips on getting assists with defenders?

• Advertisement

I need to do Tag as well, actually. Looks a solid card but I really struggle with the rivals objectives :pac: any tips on getting assists with defenders?

5 atb (or 3atb with two full backs out wide) to start off with an additional defender. Even if it's then switching in game to put one elsewhere on the field.

Also, sub on some CBs into midfield positions when the game starts; it's the position of the card that is important, not the position they are played.

I had IF Telles and IF Perriera bombing up and down the rings, firing crosses in, and I'd imagine most of the assists will come from your full backs (providing you avoid the meta of keeping them on Stay Back when Attacking...)

Play 5-2-2-1 with full backs in the wingers positions, you can get them on 7 chem. (If you change their positions to wingbacks, eg, lwb)
    It’d mean you’d have 7 defenders starting, I even subbed on 2 defenders then for the cm positions, so had 9 defenders.
    you don’t need the win on this one so just keep playing even if you’re 2 or 3 down and you should get an assist in most games.

Nice one lads. I’ll give that a try this evening so.

Do his loan first. Just stick 2 defenders up front on SB to get it.
    Then swap him in game as ST paired alongside another. Piece of cake.
    Just put your other ST at LB until you get the assist.

Also Kings card is a hell of an impact sub.

Subbing on fullbacks with decent passing is my go to, and starting 5atb. Basically load the pitch full of them and a decent striker up front :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Haven't played since friday evening and no interest in playing either, tired of seeing superstar teams with basic Joe Gomez or Davinson Sanchez with nothing chem at CB and they cpu blocking everything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Anyone get Di Maria yet? Looks fantastic bar the 2 star weak foot. Thinking of picking him up to replace Neymar if i need the cash for the Messi SBC.

Ended up doing the Icon SBC and got Baggio. I'm already using Butra at CAM / CF, so he's pretty much useless to me. I'm hoping there is an icon requirement for the Messi SBC.

blaa85 wrote:
    Ended up doing the Icon SBC and got Baggio. I'm already using Butra at CAM / CF, so he's pretty much useless to me. I'm hoping there is an icon requirement for the Messi SBC.

There won't be. They've already said no icons for SBCs this year.

Also 800k won't be enough for Messi. I can't see how they do an sbc without requiring Messi himself. Everything else will absolutely destroy the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

RossieMan wrote: »
    There won't be. They've already said no icons for SBCs this year.

Also 800k won't be enough for Messi. I can't see how they do an sbc without requiring Messi himself. Everything else will absolutely destroy the market.

There aren’t enough NIF Messi’s in existence though to make it even make it remotely accessible, there’d be uproar with people complaining that even though they have 2 million coins they still can’t get him. They’ll probably just make it prohibitively expensive and look for 6 87-88 teams or something with TOTW’s needed.

• Advertisement

Hold off on the base icon SBC for anyone considering imo. There will surely be a mid icon one some time in January... that’s what I keep telling myself anyway so that I don’t do the base icon one :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement