Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

It’s also worth mentioning for anyone considering Messi sbc that he’s currently a strong favorite to win it for December with his goal and man of the match away to atletico and hat trick at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Hogey007 wrote: »
    It’s also worth mentioning for anyone considering Messi sbc that he’s currently a strong favorite to win it for December with his goal and man of the match away to atletico and hat trick at the weekend

This week alone he has TOTGS, POTM, & TOTW :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

They would surely have to take in the previous one as a requirement for that though? The Reus carnage last year was bad but POTMMessi^2 before xmas would be mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Again, they've already stated this won't happen this year.

6 86+ squads would destroy the market. Really don't know how they'll manage. He can't get potm either for December surely given TOTY is out at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

RossieMan wrote: »

6 86+ squads would destroy the market. Really don't know how they'll manage. He can't get potm either for December surely given TOTY is out at the same time.

Did they say that for POTM? I thought it was just icons not needed for icon SBCs they'd killed?

• Advertisement

I could be wrong but I don’t think ea have much influence on the la liga one.

Maybe they will make the sbc closer to 1.5 mil to mask over the horrible gameplay and string everyone along for a bit longer by having a Messi sbc to complete and use.

I could be wrong but I don’t think ea have much influence on the la liga one.

Maybe they will make the sbc closer to 1.5 mil to mask over the horrible gameplay and string everyone along for a bit longer by having a Messi sbc to complete and use.

I do think it'll be on the cheaper end of people's estimations tbh. It's going to skew the market regardless. Maybe they'll simultaneously release it and lower the max bin caps on 85/86's or something to temper it a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

blaa85 wrote: »
    Anyone get Di Maria yet? Looks fantastic bar the 2 star weak foot. Thinking of picking him up to replace Neymar if i need the cash for the Messi SBC.

Ended up doing the Icon SBC and got Baggio. I'm already using Butra at CAM / CF, so he's pretty much useless to me. I'm hoping there is an icon requirement for the Messi SBC.

He’s great fun to play with. I’m playing him at LM in a 41212 and sometimes switches him to CAM in 41212(2) if I want to bring him more into it.

hots wrote:
    Did they say that for POTM? I thought it was just icons not needed for icon SBCs they'd killed?

Yea they stated that potm would not be reusable for future potm and icons would not be needed for any SBCs. They'd get slated putting something like that into a Messi. I really think they're probably at a lose lose situation. The market is either going to crash, or everyone's going to have an end game Messi.

TOTT Morelos objective out. Objectives aren't too taxing either, have to play a friendly though.

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSFIFA/status/1204098386984652804

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Very easy objectives but that's the least interesting card I've ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Easy to do but still a waste of time, maybe for first owner stuff but dunno which he would be used for unlikely there will be a Scottish league one.

He's also a grade A tosser so won't be wasting me time ha

Bought 86 Nakata for CAM and he’s class with hunter.
    But I could put that in Le Celso and get 87 Wright or Rush the miserable git.Or Prime Ruud
    Any of them good? Would mean selling Aguero but I still have potm Vardy up front.

Blazer wrote:
    Bought 86 Nakata for CAM and he’s class with hunter. But I could put that in Le Celso and get 87 Wright or Rush the miserable git.Or Prime Ruud Any of them good? Would mean selling Aguero but I still have potm Vardy up front.

All terrible. Literally a waste of your coins as you'll sell them straight away and lose on tax.

Zola is perfect for the game this year. I know you loved him last year. Save a bit and go for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Raving_Magic

Anyone have any tips for formations and custom tactics? I'm literally losing and changing my formation every game because I can't seem to get any of them working at all and it's very frustrating. Need help with the custom tactics as I'm currently using tactics I used from FIFA 19 which worked like a treat but no longer working now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

All terrible. Literally a waste of your coins as you'll sell them straight away and lose on tax.

Zola is perfect for the game this year. I know you loved him last year. Save a bit and go for him.

Is he better this year?

I’ve used 89 MVB with hunter and found he very good, well his finishing is.
    Would Zola be a big improvement?

Anyone have any tips for formations and custom tactics? I'm literally losing and changing my formation every game because I can't seem to get any of them working at all and it's very frustrating. Need help with the custom tactics as I'm currently using tactics I used from FIFA 19 which worked like a treat but no longer working now

I found using 41212 excellent this year. Made no tactic changes whatsoever.
    I also found 41212(2) really good as well. In fact the only reason I changed from it was to fit in Di Maria. I was using drop back and long ball for that one.

Yeah I definitely want Zola this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Raving_Magic

Blazer wrote: »
    I found using 41212 excellent this year. Made no tactic changes whatsoever.
    I also found 41212(2) really good as well. In fact the only reason I changed from it was to fit in Di Maria. I was using drop back and long ball for that one.

Might have a look into that, thanks for the help. Any pro FIFA players on youtube giving out a good tutorial of their formations this year? I remember it helped me greatly getting some advice from pros playing the game.

Might have a look into that, thanks for the help. Any pro FIFA players on youtube giving out a good tutorial of their formations this year? I remember it helped me greatly getting some advice from pros playing the game.

I’ll have a look tomorrow and post it.

• Advertisement

I am sick to death of the i-frames that skill moves are afforded. The ball (& player) being glitched through the opposition or else the hilarious animations it snaps players into in order to make it appear like they’ve been fooled by your move. I hope whatever architecture they build the game around for the next generation of consoles doesn’t rely on so many “scripted” passages of play knitted together to make a match.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,964 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Dragged out the wii tonight instead lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Liamalone wrote: »
    Dragged out the wii tonight instead lol

VR + Resident Evil.

More "fun" in few days than with Fifa in a year.

Realised how boring it was :)

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    I am sick to death of the i-frames that skill moves are afforded. The ball (& player) being glitched through the opposition or else the hilarious animations it snaps players into in order to make it appear like they’ve been fooled by your move. I hope whatever architecture they build the game around for the next generation of consoles doesn’t rely on so many “scripted” passages of play knitted together to make a match.

Blame frostbite engine for it. Frostbite was never intended for third person. The engine is an absolute nightmare to work on. It’s done wonders for battlefield but that’s a first person shooter. EA should really divert to another engine but they won’t as long as people continue to pump hundreds of millions into the game.

Blame frostbite engine for it. Frostbite was never intended for third person. The engine is an absolute nightmare to work on. It’s done wonders for battlefield but that’s a first person shooter. EA should really divert to another engine but they won’t as long as people continue to pump hundreds of millions into the game.

This is the crux of the matter. I'd love a truly skill based football sim but at the end of the day FIFA is made for the casual player and, to that end, it makes more sense for EA to ensure that player has an enjoyable experience to keep them coming back every year. Hopefully someday they introduce a more comprehensive mode, they can always have it go alongside an arcade mode with any and all assists they want for anyone who just wants to pick up and play. It doesn't have to cannibalise it's own player base.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭matthewmurdock

Change in game (by setting it as your defensive tactic) to:

4-2-3-1 with full backs set to stay back while attacking. One CDM with Med/High workrates on stay back while attacking. Other can be whatever you want, he will sometimes join the attack. Striker and CAM set to stay forward.

3 AM's and striker need to have 4* WF. Agility and balance key stats. Pace and finishing also important.

Drop back on defence with 2/3 bars of depth. Balanced attack.

Work the ball patiently in the build up. Most opponents hold sprint when defending so if you don't then you can tear them apart.

Got totgs Martinez from the 45k pack in ucl objectives, looks a decent card but Jesus when I seen it was a walkout, the Argentina flag and the special lights on the side came up there was a split second I thought it was Messi haha

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Got totgs Martinez from the 45k pack in ucl objectives, looks a decent card but Jesus when I seen it was a walkout, the Argentina flag and the special lights on the side came up there was a split second I thought it was Messi haha

I packed Martinez too and nearly creamed myself when I saw the Argentina flag. Martinez is quality though, won 4 in a row with him scoring in the 4 games to get one of the TOTT Tagliofico objectives done.

Christ playing rivals is a ****in nightmare if you’re going for any objective.
    I’m coming across players who are easily my level (div 2/3) down in the 8th division with bloody super teams.
    EA have made it easier for people to get icons and in fairness that’s a great thing.
    But they really need to drastically cut WL reward points for WL and force people back up the divisions to get enough points to qualify.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭djan

Christ playing rivals is a ****in nightmare if you’re going for any objective.
    I’m coming across players who are easily my level (div 2/3) down in the 8th division with bloody super teams.
    EA have made it easier for people to get icons and in fairness that’s a great thing.
    But they really need to drastically cut WL reward points for WL and force people back up the divisions to get enough points to qualify.

Are you complaining about other people dropping down divisions just as you are? :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement