Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

seamie78 wrote: »
    is FUTMAS on this evening

Yeap, message flashes up when you log into the game saying it starts tonight.

Lads, looking for suggestions in terms of upgrading my team. Currently running...
    Aguero - POTM Vardy
    FB Mata
    FB Di Maria
    Salah
    Sissoko
    UCL Taglifico - Base Rio - Scream Pique - IF AWB
    Ter Stegan

I'm happy with everyone, really. But I have 1.5m to upgrade (and its just sitting there) so am wondering where to spend.

I really like Agureo and Mata. Vardy is great but might try a striker for fun. Would need to be someone of a similar profile.

Midfield, ADM, Salah and Sissoko are all fine, though none are utterly untouchable.

Backline, I'm also pretty happy with too. I do have an untradeable Ramos, but not sure which of him or Pique I prefer. Both achieve the same in terms of chemistry, really.

Ter Stegan is a brick wall, so no real interest in switching him out.

So, its either a striker for a vanity buy, or some new midfielders.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Friend of mine got Garrincha two days ago and is destroying me... It is around 1.5m now so really top of the budget.... He bought for 1.36m just two days ago.

Also tott Ter Stegen is only 114k now for those who use his regular card.

Out of packs this evening so I upgraded and sold mine for 60k.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I'm really loving Aguero this year....in fact this year is one of the first I've been able to use him to his full strengths since he was with Atletico and in Fifa11.
    Ever fifa game since then I found him very hit and miss until this year.
    I think the game is more suited to him now and he's just ripping teams apart for me now whereas before he was more of a support striker to my main goalscorer so I wouldn't bother replacing him.
    Vardy is awesome but you could go for Del Piero or 89 Ronaldinho at ST or Butra?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

wonski wrote: »
    Friend of mine got Garrincha two days ago and is destroying me... It is around 1.5m now so really top of the budget.... He bought for 1.36m just two days ago.

Also tott Ter Stegen is only 114k now for those who use his regular card.

Out of packs this evening so I upgraded and sold mine for 60k.

Was going to follow you but mine is untradeable, my untradeable cards are miles better than by tradeables this year.

Lord TSC wrote: »

Lads, looking for suggestions in terms of upgrading my team. Currently running...
    Aguero - POTM Vardy
    FB Mata
    FB Di Maria
    Salah
    Sissoko
    Ter Stegan

I'm happy with everyone, really. But I have 1.5m to upgrade (and its just sitting there) so am wondering where to spend.

I really like Agureo and Mata. Vardy is great but might try a striker for fun. Would need to be someone of a similar profile.

Midfield, ADM, Salah and Sissoko are all fine, though none are utterly untouchable.

Backline, I'm also pretty happy with too. I do have an untradeable Ramos, but not sure which of him or Pique I prefer. Both achieve the same in terms of chemistry, really.

I would definitely say Vardy, at the lower end Lacazette with a hunter on is great... Auba looks like a better version of Vardy in every sense... Everyone loves Son.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I feel like I’m the only one who thinks Oblak is better than ter Stegen. Packed an untradeable MAtS last week and tried him out but swapped back after 10 games.

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    I feel like I’m the only one who thinks Oblak is better than ter Stegen. Packed an untradeable MAtS last week and tried him out but swapped back after 10 games.

Haven't tried Oblak myself, generally need Ter Stegen for Pique chem though. I actually found Kepa to be really good for some reason, doesn't fit the mould at all though.

Didn't try Oblak, but when it comes to goalkeepers when I am happy with one, I usually stick with it for long time.

Didn't make any fatal errors so far and did some incredible saves with his feet as well so I won't even look for replacement anytime soon.

Lloris on the other hand I found terrible in goal.

hots wrote: »
    Haven't tried Oblak myself, generally need Ter Stegen for Pique chem though. I actually found Kepa to be really good for some reason, doesn't fit the mould at all though.

Yeah I get the impression a lot of people choose ter Stegen for the green link to Pique.

I always found Kepa to be OP relative to his rating when playing against him. Always pulls off some unreal saves. He’s the GK equivalent of Rashford/Moura.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Nope. Hoping 6 pm will bring something for FUTMAS but can't see it being a big card after Messi & now Mane.

It was 3 a day last year, low, mid and high rated players.
    Will it be the same this year does anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭matthewmurdock

Aguero - POTM Vardy
    FB Mata
    FB Di Maria
    Salah
    Sissoko
    Ter Stegan

Kante for Sissoko wouldn't affect chemistry.

Would get rid of Vardy for IF Mane or maybe Mid Butragueno

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Draxler and Gueye up 1k from when I bought them yday morning, Talisca and Oscar up 600 from when I bought them this morning too :) can never go wrong with investing in 83s

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Expecting a new Milestone player today too, was 3 weeks between Politano and Trossard and it's 3 weeks today since Trossard was released.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Expecting a new Milestone player today too, was 3 weeks between Politano and Trossard and it's 3 weeks today since Trossard was released.

Is there a time limit on doing these?

For me, I packed an untradeable Ter Stegen very early in the game, and because he's been so solid, I've never really bothered looking at other options. In previous years, I've struggled to settle on a keeper, but I really feel ter Stegen does everything I need, and investing to try someone else would be a waste of time.

Probably am overlooking better keepers, but because he's not making howlers, not losing me obvious points, I'm reluctant to try something else.
    Blazer wrote: »
    I'm really loving Aguero this year....in fact this year is one of the first I've been able to use him to his full strengths since he was with Atletico and in Fifa11.
    Ever fifa game since then I found him very hit and miss until this year.
    I think the game is more suited to him now and he's just ripping teams apart for me now whereas before he was more of a support striker to my main goalscorer so I wouldn't bother replacing him.

Exact same boat. I even tried him a few weeks into the game and didn't click.

But when I packed him two weeks ago, and put him up front with Mata feeding him through balls....he's magical. He finishes everything, from everywhere.

Since I had 2000 points, decided to fire up weekend league for the first time in a while. Not gonna worry about getting all 30 done. Currently 5-3, with one loss via penos and 1 via a disconnect when someone came to the door 30 seconds into a match.

Probably all go tits up tomorrow, but happy enough with my start so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Apparently Rashford and Sissoko in futmas lads.. from what I’ve heard anyway.

Sissoko would be sweet

For me, I packed an untradeable Ter Stegen very early in the game, and because he's been so solid, I've never really bothered looking at other options. In previous years, I've struggled to settle on a keeper, but I really feel ter Stegen does everything I need, and investing to try someone else would be a waste of time.

Probably am overlooking better keepers, but because he's not making howlers, not losing me obvious points, I'm reluctant to try something else.

Yeah I wasn’t directing that just at you btw. I’ve noticed from several forums that MAtS seems to be the consensus No. 1 keeper but it hasn’t worked out that way for me.

I feel TAA is certain to feature at some stage so EA have an excuse to improve his card.

wonski wrote: »
    Sissoko would be sweet

Of course it's Rashford. It's always him or Martial.

I wish they'd do what they did for Chong, and give a United player without a chance of getting another special a chance. Daniel James, Scott McTominey, Lindelof, Shaw....

Sissoko though....well, I literally was only talking today about replacing base Sissoko, so that one is a no-brainer if he's under 150k.

Of course it's Rashford. It's always him or Martial.

I wish they'd do what they did for Chong, and give a United player without a chance of getting another special a chance. Daniel James, Scott McTominey, Lindelof, Shaw....

Sissoko though....well, I literally was only talking today about replacing base Sissoko, so that one is a no-brainer if he's under 150k.

I hope it is going to be last years Matuidi. Don't remember the cost of him last year, but similar card.

• Advertisement

Haven't posted the team in a while so here we are. Everyone untradeable except for Mertens and the gold cards. Mertens isn't great out on the left, I still haven't been able to find someone to play at LCAM who feels as good as Walcott does on the right, hopefully someone from FUTMAS will change that.

Starting formation:

Screenshot-2019-12-13-at-16-46-03.png

In game formation:

Screenshot-2019-12-13-at-16-46-28.png

I always found Mertens to be better at RAM than LAM..with the power of his shots just shooting across the goal etc off his right foot.
    It all depends on how you play...if you cut inside and finesse then you obviously want him on the left side but if you're like me where you love to take long shoots then it has to be RAM side.

Haven't posted the team in a while so here we are. Everyone untradeable except for Mertens and the gold cards. Mertens isn't great out on the left, I still haven't been able to find someone to play at LCAM who feels as good as Walcott does on the right, hopefully someone from FUTMAS will change that.

Starting formation:

In game formation:

4 icons....you jammy bastard Osmosis :D

4 icons....you jammy bastard Osmosis :D

All from the Base Icons packs I didn't pack them randomly! :p

All from the Base Icons packs I didn't pack them randomly! :p

oh look at me blowing 2mill on base icon packs lol :D
    I got all your luck last year when I switched to PC. I got CR7 and Hazard from the same MM pack and 3 icons.
    Now that I'm back on xbox it sucks again.
    I'm fully convinced EA monitor your accounts and adjust your odds on the fly.
    And newer accounts get better rewards.
    Next year will prove it on the PS5 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Will Neymar go up much? I bought him nearly 2 weeks ago for 1.04 million. PS4 by the way.

I was hoping Vardy would win POTM. Mané ended up crashing Neymar’s price so had to sell him for 855k. Should’ve just sold him yesterday.

Why would you think Neymar price would go up or even stay on?

All my premium cards lost value lately and I doubt Mane had much to do with it.

100k down on Henry, DeBruyne totgs down similarly, it isn't even linked to position. Just bad timing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Yea nothing to do with mane. More to do with the impending TOTY packs which will really crash the market.

Prices won't go back up on normal holds from now on, it's one way it's going only.

First 2 Futmas cards up..nothing spectacular.
    Moses and Witsel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

First 2 Futmas cards up..nothing spectacular.
    Moses and Witsel.

I saw the requirements for witsel... Didn't realise I was looking at his loan card and submitted a squad asap thinking they messed up.

That Gbamin card looks decent though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement