Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,964 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I haven't made an upgrade to my team on at least a month, only at level 18 on the season thingy, got to level 28 last time around.

Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Hogey007 wrote: »
    I’m playing it I’d say less than half the amount I did fifa 19, I’m hanging on at the moment to see who’s in the second batch of icons but with the poor gameplay (button delay etc) and ea greed I’m really doing my best to just stay playing

yeah im also holding on to see who they drop in the second batch of icons but then i ask myself why?? :confused:

not enjoying it this year really and i dont think some mid tier icon is going to change that, especially when you take into account the grind they make you do..

wonder will they drop one or two decent priced SBC's to get people to rinse first owner cards through them and make us all buy packs...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

ImANoob08 wrote:
    wonder will they drop one or two decent priced SBC's to get people to rinse first owner cards through them and make us all buy packs...

Nobody makes you buy packs though. It's a circle, people moan about having to buy packs, but it's possible to do it without it. It leaves you massively behind everyone else, though.

The game is pay to win, always has been.
    This will be my last UT year, it's just not worth the time you have to put in to see any decent rewards. As had been said, gameplay isn't rewarding enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

RossieMan wrote: »
    Nobody makes you buy packs though. It's a circle, people moan about having to buy packs, but it's possible to do it without it. It leaves you massively behind everyone else, though.

The game is pay to win, always has been.
    This will be my last UT year, it's just not worth the time you have to put in to see any decent rewards. As had been said, gameplay isn't rewarding enough.

Believe me i wont be spending another penny on fifa 20, bought the game when it released and bought maybe €50 worth of packs at the start but nothing since.

it either a money or time sink and i find the game is worth neither at the moment.

ImANoob08 wrote:
    it either a money or time sink and i find the game is worth neither at the moment.

100%. Being anyway good at the game means nothing either. Needs to be a fairer balance for playing the game versus playing the menus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Gary Gurney

Question - I have completed 5 icon online challenges, but none of the icon cards within my reach really interest me and I'm not going to realistically get 12 -15 icon swap cards to get a keane.

Once these challeneges finish in 7/8 days time, can i still use my current icon swap cards for new icon cards that will be available in 7/8 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

The objectives based system is an absolute balls. I dropped down a couple of divisions trying to do them.

Went from 7 to 9 doing the first owner objectives
    (not deliberately relagating) and got a hammering last week. 7-2. Messages the fella GG. There is no way your a div 9 player. He text back saying he was division 3, who relagated himself to 9, works his way up as high as he can, and drops again every Thursday after rewards......

Question - I have completed 5 icon online challenges, but none of the icon cards within my reach really interest me and I'm not going to realistically get 12 -15 icon swap cards to get a keane.

Once these challeneges finish in 7/8 days time, can i still use my current icon swap cards for new icon cards that will be available in 7/8 days?

no. Only valid for this batch.
    you can only get a maximum of 12 this month anyway, so unless you've 3-4 from last month. 12 is your maximum.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

In fairness though to EA they have made icons to thousands of players who never have had icons before and while they need to grind for them they still get to play with 4 or 5 icons for fifa this year.
    For every one of us who has had icons there are 99 other players who never had.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Blazer wrote: »
    In fairness though to EA they have made icons to thousands of players who never have had icons before and while they need to grind for them they still get to play with 4 or 5 icons for fifa this year.
    For every one of us who has had icons there are 99 other players who never had.

Yeah I do think Icon Swaps has been a net positive, although I would have rathered a blend with SBCs too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

I’d disagree on the icons being positive, it’s just a step by ea to absolutely 100% control the market and the players available to you.

I’d also argue it was probably just as easy for the casual to get icons last year only for the majority couldn’t be bothered with patience, you could easily get icons for 250k or sbc’s for around 300k for lower end primes.
    The effort people are going through now, winning x amount of rivals matches and squad battles for tokens, if they’d played the same amount of matches last year they could easily use the rewards over those weeks to buy an icon or complete an icon sbc.
    But yeah, they’re casual so don’t have the patience.
    Also factor in what they’re spending on packs to get first owner cards for this supposedly “free” icon.
    There’s absolutely nothing free about it, it takes a lot of time, way more than it took to get an icon last year.
    We also got icons in futswap from about March onwards, I know at that point a lot of casuals would have stopped playing but they could’ve easily just introduced something similar earlier and kept the icon sbc’s as they were.

And although people are getting icons now, most of them are very poor, the majority of icons from season 1 wouldn’t still be in people’s teams come February/March unless needed for chemistry reasons.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Played some draft this morning.

I really, really need to work Ronaldo into my squad some how. He's so magical up front. I know I've had issues with him in previous years, but using him this year, he feels properly on a higher level than other strikers I've had.

Has anyone used Casemiro this year? Thinking of replacing CL Benzema with him, meaning a midfield of Tonali, Casemiro and Verratti, instead of Benzema (cam), Verratti & Casemiro. I use attacking full backs so would have Casemiro dropping into defence, Verratti buzzing around and Tonali an all rounder.

hots wrote: »
    Has anyone used Casemiro this year? Thinking of replacing CL Benzema with him, meaning a midfield of Tonali, Casemiro and Verratti, instead of Benzema (cam), Verratti & Casemiro. I use attacking full backs so would have Casemiro dropping into defence, Verratti buzzing around and Tonali an all rounder.

I got him as an untraceable and he seems fine.
    I’ve too many CDMs though at this rate so he’s not getting much of a game but he’s feels a lot less clunky this year

I got him as an untraceable and he seems fine.
    I’ve too many CDMs though at this rate so he’s not getting much of a game but he’s feels a lot less clunky this year

Was thinking of using him with Guardian, for a bit of a dribbling boost and then perfect defensing stats. Will be nice to have a bit of size in the middle for once, I seem to have had tiny ones all year long.

Was thinking of using him with Guardian, for a bit of a dribbling boost and then perfect defensing stats. Will be nice to have a bit of size in the middle for once, I seem to have had tiny ones all year long.

No chance of fitting Gbamin in there?
    He’s fantastic with anchor.

No unfortunately not, looking to replace Benzema in this team I think, only have ~250k to play with too. Did look at baby Pires out of curiosity but he just looks worse than Benzema in every way...

No unfortunately not, looking to replace Benzema in this team I think, only have ~250k to play with too. Did look at baby Pires out of curiosity but he just looks worse than Benzema in every way...

Heard there will be a futmas modric, you could hold off on see what his stats are like and his sbc cost.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Heard there will be a futmas modric, you could hold off on see what his stats are like and his sbc cost.

oh nice, probably just the 5mil judging on this set of SBCs so far :o

oh nice, probably just the 5mil judging on this set of SBCs so far :o

Haha true :D

They could change the players now that they’re mostly leaked but I guess we’ll know more if we see rashford and Murillo today as the leaks suggest.

• Advertisement

Is he?

I wasn't going to bother with him, and then realised that as part of doing my Calico milstones, I won three games scoring with an Ivory Coast striker, which looked the harder part of the challange for Gbamin...

Hmm packed nominee Giminez, was going to sell but only 20k, when you look at his stats, good height, H/L work rate, with Anchor 74 pace, almost perfect defending and physicals.... Think I'll sell my TOTGS Ramos (cool 140k loss on him) and use Giminez instead, the work rates sound like a big bonus, and the defending/phy stats are better. Can live without the passing and I never realised Ramos was 85 pace (w/Shadow)... For 20k Giminez seems like a steal, futbin reckons 92 rated with anchor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Just saw what they did to Mane's UCL live card.......the market is tanking anyway but RIP if you bought that at full price

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Just saw what they did to Mane's UCL live card.......the market is tanking anyway but RIP if you bought that at full price

Going for 1.4m, max bid reducded to 500k, lol. So they could keep it below his SBC value.

I think they've said it's a mistake and they'll fix it, but RIP anyone who sold in a panic.

Anyone any experiences of any Dybala cards? If I decided to try a front too of Agureo and Ronaldo, he's the link that binds them. Means dropping my FB Mata who I love though.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Going for 1.4m, max bid reducded to 500k, lol. So they could keep it below his SBC value.

I think they've said it's a mistake and they'll fix it, but RIP anyone who sold in a panic.

Anyone any experiences of any Dybala cards? If I decided to try a front too of Agureo and Ronaldo, he's the link that binds them. Means dropping my FB Mata who I love though.

I was using Dybala’s IF for the Argentinian part of taglifico objective and found his 3 star weak foot very noticeable.
    But if you’re handy at switching to the correct foot that wouldn’t be a massive issue.
    Worth trying his base anyway to see what you think of him, think he’s only about 36k

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Lord TSC wrote: »

Hoping they do the same to Messi :pac:

Love that FB Mata card too. Find very little between him and 91 Hagi.

Rashford and Murillo sbc’s as per the leaks.

An 84, 85 and 86 for an 85 Rashford.

250k for +1 finishing :/

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Love that FB Mata card too. Find very little between him and 91 Hagi.

He's so awesome. I liked his card last year, but it wasn't special, but I really do find he is special as a CAM this year. He gets into great positions, making runs from behind the striker.

• Advertisement

Leaks saying Cavaini and Inaki Williams tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement